Searching for Light

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucinda looked up at her with tears still in her eyes. "It....It's nothing....." she sobbed trying to act tough, "J-Just...a bad dream." She was shaking a little now as she lay there, curled up tightly. She hadn't had a nightmare like that for a while and though she was upset she wondered why she had that dream, maybe it was just because of that literal brush with the underworld.

"Doesn't seem like just a bad dream." Rea shook her head, hugging the girl. "Do you want to talk about it? Sometimes that helps with problems?" She asked, running a hand through the girl's hair.

Lucinda tried to dry her eyes. "it's just....everytime I have a dream about when I was little....it always turns into a nightmare. I can never see anyone's face. I don't know who any of my family is... and that's a lot worse than the nightmares..." She said quietly before flinging herself into Rea's arms, "You're so lucky! You remember your sister!" Lulu was doing her best not to start crying again in the older girl's arms, though it was pretty hard for her not to. She'd never really talked about it with her aunts and uncles because she was usually alone at night when she got older. When she was little they just assured her that it would come to her with time - but it never did.

Rea sighed. "How old were you when you lost your family?" She asked, rubbing the girl's back. If she was young then that would explain almost everything. Even Rea couldn't remember too specific details about her sister. She only remembered general things. It was hard to remember things taken away from you when you're so young.

"that's the problem....It was pretty fuzzy....four? maybe five?" Lucinda shrugged as she rested her head against Rea, "I just can't remember....It's like...like I hit my head or somethin'." She looked at Rea for a moment, her eyes still filled with tears threatening to make their escape. "For all I know I might...might not have had a family to lose."

"Oh Lulu..." Rea sighed and held the girl close. "Of course you had a family once. I mean, you at least had to have had parents. Otherwise you wouldn't have been born." She started to rock the blonde, hoping that maybe she could comfort her.

Lucinda shut her eyes as she was rocked. "If I had a mom or big sister....I'd hope they were like you," She mumbled as she sat there, starting to fall asleep, "You're nice....untrusting but nice..." She felt a bit better as her eyes and body felt heavy, there was just something about Rea that relaxed and calmed her. She snuggled herself against Rea as her breathing started to relax and get slower.

Rea smiled and rubbed the girl's head, keeping an eye and ear out for Aaron. She blushed a little as her stomach growled, alerting her to the fact that she was hungry. She sighed as she thought of her own little sister, wondering if the girl even remembered her. The red head's little sister probably forgot all about her big sister, thinking a little like how Lucinda did.

Lucinda was nearly asleep but heard Rea's stomach which made her own rumble in response. She slowly opened her eyes and looked up at her. "Should eat before sleeping..." she mumbled though she looked like a child, her eyes still half shut from sleep, "Rea....I wish you were my big sister. You make a great big sister." She wasn't sure if it was the sleep talking or her own loneliness but she didn't really care at that moment.

Rea scoffed, shaking her head. "Tell that to my missing little sister..." She didn't focus on the thoughts running through her head though. She smiled as she stood up. "Come on. Let's go get some food." She took the blonde to the kitchen/dining room and smiled as Aaron finished stirring a large pot of some sort of stew, at least that's what it seemed.

Lucinda looked at her and got up, following after her sleepily. She could smell the food which made her smile a bit. She couldn't help but wonder why Rea didn't seem to think she was a good sister. She found a spot to sit looking tired still. She yawned as she sat there quietly. She sat there, waiting for the food to be ready.

The red head smiled as Aaron, with the help of Roku, set the table and poured stew into each of their bowls. "Eat up! It's my famous Beef and Carrot stew!" The brunet smiled as Rea immediately dug in, not wasting any time.

Lucinda started to eat though she was picking her way around the carrots. She yawned before she started to eat but made sure to thank Aaron for the food and thanked Roku for helping him. If nothing else she would be polite. She didn't really like vegetables but wasn't about to make a fuss over it.

"It's great as always, Aaron." Rea said after she was half-way through her bowl. "Thank you both." She nodded to each of the boys before looking over at Lucinda. "How do you like it?" She asked, enjoying a spoon of the gravy-like sauce and potatoes that were snuck in there.

Roku looked over to Lucinda. "Yeah, do you like it? I cut the vegetables myself you know!" He gave a large smile, a bit of carrot stuck in his teeth.

Lucinda looked up and blushed darkly when she was pressed for her opinion. "I uhh...it's...it's fine..." She said softly before quickly looking back down and moving the soup around a bit. She didn't want to tell them of her hatred of vegetables, that would be rude. She seemed to try to make herself smaller, as if she wanted their attention off of her.

"Really? Only fine?" Roku pouted. He had wanted his friend to love the meal, but it seemed like it was only fine to her. He seemed to visibly deflate as he slowly stirred his stew.

Lucinda looked at Roku with a frown but went back to eating. She ate the potatoes and meat but she didn't eat too much else, though she tried to hide it. She hated that she couldn't make Roku smile but she couldn't help it, she thought that veggies were gross.

Rea yawned as she stretched. "Well, I'm hitting the sack. The rest of you can do what you want." She waved as she put her dishes away and lumbered to the beds. Aaron nodded and started to clean up the rest of the bowls, putting them all in the sink. Rea would clean them when she woke up later.

Lucinda yawned when Aaron took the bowl. She then looked over at Roku and gave him a small smile to try and cheer him up. She didn't like seeing him down, it just didn't seem like him- or at least the him she knew. She felt tired still but she had to stay up just a little bit later.

Roku smiled back at Lucinda before going to help Aaron with dishes. Aaron noticed how tired the girl was and gave her a small smile. "Why don't you go rest? You don't have to sleep, just lie down for a little bit."

Status
Not open for further replies.