Scribd, The Netflix for books! O_O

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
So I just discovered that Scribd is a thing that exists! It's just like Netflix, in where you pay a small monthly fee and then get unlimited books to read.

Does anyone use Scribd or service similar to it for their book reading needs?

I am only recently starting to warm up to the idea of purchasing ebooks. >> Despite growing up right in the middle of this super cool digital content age, I always wanted the item I purchased to be a tangible thing I can hold. But with a home and the amount I like to read, I kinda don't have room to store that many books. O___O Having a library with walls and walls of books is a dream for a richer person with a bigger house!

WHAT ABOUT YOU, IWAKU?

Last edited:
Reactions: Torsty and Minibit
My public library lets us rent e-books so I'm not too sure about this new feature. It makes me wonder if it will be like waiting for books at the library or movies at Redbox - will the new releases be gone before I get there? Will I have to wait for an ungodly amount of people to finish with the book before I get to read it?

But yes I use my public library's e-service system. I do not have a tablet or anything that I can take to the bed with me and my laptop is a little clunky. =/ Sooo it results in me having a bad back when I'm reading e-books. I'm still tempted to get a tablet though.

Reactions: Torsty
For ebooks, honestly, it's so much better to have a dedicated reader as opposed to a tablet. I have a perfectly good Nexus 7, but I still use a Kobo Mini for reading. It's so much lighter, the battery lasts for about 5 weeks, and I can read it in sunlight.

I can't read books on my computer. If I read a text on my computer for too long, then I get a headache, and I like to read books for hours without putting them down. So e-books is not for me since I would need to take a break too often to rest my eyes. Plus, it feels so much better to hold the book in your hands and turn the pages and just feel the book :3 ... ... Now I'm feeling old o.O

Status
Not open for further replies.