Scraping Out A Living in What is Left

Jae nodded at his response. "He's just not too keen in trusting people yet. No one is really, after everything.." she broke off, letting him leave. After a few more steps she turned around, facing the sun and walking slowly backwards. Maybe we can restart.. She thought to herself, her hand resting on her stolen pistol. She turned back to the group, taking off her glasses and tucking them safely in her pocket, leaving her helmet on. She scanned the store with red eyes. Looks clear..but don't judge a book by its cover.. She told herself.

Thank you for shopping at the super Supermarket!
Smiles are free!

There was even a cheery smiley face to put emphasis on how happy the customers supposedly would be for shopping there... adorned with a few bullet holes to make it look like it was missing a few teeth. Still, it looked happy.

Rock didn't feel the happy. Not at all.
What she felt was tired, sore, weak and most of all hungry. The raiders sitting around their makeshift fire and eating canned foods and laughing wasn't helping either. Every now and then one would mockingly offer her something and if she tried to take it with her mouth, another would hit her or grab it away. If only she could get out of these chains! The ropes would then be easier to break and she could throw off the other two raiders using her as a couch.

As things looked now, she would much rather be still stuck amongst the rubble of the coal mine exit - the place where the raiders had found her a few days ago. Now she was their entertainment and pack mule. It was the first time she had ever met anyone else other than prisoners and slaves of the aliens, and she didn't like them at all. She was even beyond asking them nicely anymore but she didn't beg. No way would she do that.

"Aaw, you should be smiling, ugly. Don't ya see the nice sign?" one laughed.
"Too busy eatin' dirt! Ain'tcha!" another said and kicked her face.
Rock clenched her teeth, as her skin was starting to burn from the abuse. Normally she would hardly feel something like that, but her skin had been pushed to its limit once the raiders found out that she made a longer-lasting punch bag. At least one hurt his hand quite badly when he discovered it.
"Hey that's an idea... let's give her some dirt.."

There was plenty of rubble to go around and a raider got up and took a handful of rocks. He cam over to her, and with his free hand lifted her head up by her hair.
"Eat it." he demanded as he pushed it to her face.
To his surprise she actually opened her mouth and he shoved the rocks in. "Sh*t! She's actually eatin' it!"
"Hahaha! Freak!"

Finally... food.

"I-I don't like the feeling this place is giving me.." Sarah muttered, pulling her bow out. And she wasn't lying it was odd, creepy, dark, musty all the kinds of traits she hated, ironic considering that's how many buildings in this screwed up world of her's turned out. She looked towards the group as she pulled an arrow out of her makeshift holder, wondering if they would be okay with her preparing a shot so close to them.

Jae paused as they got closer. It's like a predator..waiting for prey.. She shook her head, clearing the thought. "Careful." she said as Sarah pulled out an arrow. She didn't want another fight to break out, she was tired enough as it was.

Before Snowman got farther than a step away, Magnolia's fist connected, with surprising strength, with the back of his head. If he didn't go down from that, the boot she put into the back of his knee should help. If he was able to turn around and look at her, he'd see two alien blasters pointed at his face. The kind that turned someone into a pile of ashes with one shot. "If you ever talk to or about Ambrose like that again, I'm not going to give you any warning. You'll be dust and nothing more. Blowing away with the passing breeze. Forgotten by this world."

Ambrose glanced back when John walked up to him. "Can you believe that guy?" He asked through the mask before shaking his head. He walked up to the front of the supermarket and started looking around. He pointed at...what really seemed like a pile of rotting crawler flesh...with his gun. "Looks like crawlers ain't our biggest problem." He looked up, taking a couple steps away from the building. "I hate supermarkets, honestly...really bad for snipers...no good perches or anything...What do you think?" He asked, looking back at John. "Think we should just run in guns blazing or try a subtler approach?"

Jae looked over at Ambrose. "We don't know what might be in there, do you really want to run into an unknown danger?" She asked quietly, looking around the building, her grip on her alien pistol tightened slightly. She hoped she didn't teleport random again, that would prove disastrous.

Ambrose laughed softly and shook his head. "No. Running in guns blazing isn't the choice I'd really like to make. But, I do think we can sneak in and get a look around first...it'd be a little easier if Maggs could come up and tell us what's going on inside...but, I'm going to say probably raiders..." He said, glancing at the door and the wall. "I'd rather it be raiders..."