Scraping Out A Living in What is Left

Jae froze, narrowing her eyes at the newcomer. "Who's this?" She said, her hand coming off of her shoulder. "You realize as soon as you release that shot, I can teleport?" She didn't mention the fact it takes her 10.5 milliseconds to completely disappear. "So, am I really the best choice? And I wouldn't suggest picking on them." She motioned to the others. "'Cause there's four of us, and one of you."

"I don't need you to know me. I can shoot you before you'd even had the chance." Sarah spat, glaring back at the returned stare. Her eyes darted to the girl's group who weren't standing far off. She tensed her arrow again, making sure not to mess up on her grip. She took a step out from the shadows, her small figure more or less revealed.

"I can pick you off, easy. You guys don't even know how long I've been hunting, even more so how long I've been hunting your fucking group as well." Sarah remarked. Coming off as confident although she was somewhat nervous. Her eyes darted back to the three others, although she wasn't completely hidden she had some cover. Ellie wondered when was the last time she was this risky, and couldn't find a memory of so. Maybe her stomach was really starting to get the best of her.

The girl was probably bluffing, but that was a chance he wasn't willing to take. John's brows furrowed automatically, his thoughts clear and focused. Fire, fire, fire... It'd be one hell of a distraction, enough for someone to do something. After putting his empty hands in the air, he glanced around quickly, looking for a pile of wood, some dry grass, anything. He spotted a pile of long dead timber over by a building. It was old, dry, and looked like the slightest spark could light it. Perfect. Its closeness to the group was worrying, but that could be handled later. The pile suddenly exploded in a bright blaze of flame at the same time that john snarled and cursed. Lighting flames always hurt like hell.

The explosion definitely caught Sarah off guard as she cringed slightly, but seeing the moment of weakness as a terrible mistake she quickly recovered and shot her arrow towards her hostage before sprinting into another building. Fucking fire. One of them can make fucking fire come out of fucking nowhere. Sarah thought to herself. She wondered if her arrow had landed, that girl was capable of teleporting but she never mentioned just how long it took.

Sarah looked out the doorway which she had just entered the fire consumed a whole pile of some dead wood. Sarah now didn't really knew what to do she panicked slightly and decided that escape was the best option for now, but when she got up her stomach ache with such pain that she fell back down. Now she was really starving and without the adrenaline of the stand-off she could feel the full extent of the pain. Sarah was focused enough somehow to prepare another shot, this time aiming at the doorway.

Jae heard the explosion and immediately closed her eyes, feeling the familiar tug, but this time something grazed her shoulder. Damnit.. She reappeared a few feet from where she had been standing. Her shoulder was bleeding from where she'd been grazed by the arrow, which was now stuck in the ground behind where she had been. She pulled up her sleeve, seeing there was a small cut she sighed. "At least it didn't really hit me." She said quietly, pulling a small bandage from her pocket and wrapping it around her shoulder, pulling her sleeve back down. She stared after the girl, wanting to follow, but turned to the group. She closed her eyes once, more, ignoring her shoulder and appearing five feet in front of the group. "Are you all okay?" She said quietly.

The burst of excitement and pain from three people around her put most of Magnolia's weight onto her brother. She shut her eyes tightly and lifted a finger towards the doorway that the archer had made her way into. "She's aiming. And hungry. Really hungry."

Ambrose sighed heavily and brought his sniper rifle up and into his shoulder, making his way to the doorway. He wasn't stupid enough to walk right out into the open and into the way of a waiting arrow, but he got close. He put his back up against the wall and let the barrel of the afore mentioned sniper rifle poke into the doorway, just so she knew what she was up against. "You should put the bow down."

Sarah eyes darted as she heard a man's voice, presumably one of the groupmembers. Her body tensed but when she only saw the sniper rifle she relaxed slightly. She was tempted to kick what was visible of the rifle but she was in a house, with probably no means of escape and against four people it'd be hard to try and fend off while starving.

"Tch. Fuck you." Sarah said out loud even though she eased the bow and removed the arrow, but she kept it close as a just in case. Her eyes however continued to glare strongly waiting for the face to emerge from the door, even though for the most part she wasn't that dangerous.

She followed behind them quietly, not saying anything. If she makes one move..she can't. Jae pulled her gaze up towards the doorway, but refrained from teleporting. She already ached all over from it and her shoulder was killing her, the cut magnified by the pain of teleporting.

Damn, that hurt. John straightened up from the crouched position he'd been in, ignoring the throbbing pain in his head. They didn't have time for a headache, not right now. Taking a deep breath, he noticed that Ambrose had taken the opportunity to get closer to their assailant. He nodded when Jae asked her question, looking at her. "Bit of a headache, but it'll pass. You get hit?" he asked, noticing the rough bandage on her arm.

Snowman stared over the rocks his food fell off of, saddened by seeing the remains of the last remnants of food he had. Hearing more commotion, he approached investigating. He was obviously former military of some kind, Motor city Militia to be precise, his old worn out jacket and camo cargo pants attesting to his former profession as well as the military hardware he held in his hands, the SMG.

His training kicked in, he stayed low as he approached, his eye down the scope of his SMG. Every step was slow and careful, he tried staying low and behind rubble piles, peering over the top of them as he approached the group. With his stabilizing hand, he allowed a wave of ice shards to flow from his forearm and palm, and he revealed himself fully as the wave flowed towards the opening of the building, hoping to make a makeshift blockade to lock their assailant inside for at least a little bit.

He'd dehydrated himself from the action though, and he'd have to reabsorb that water to continue on. "Bloody Vultures eh?" He said, his accent something of a mixture of Canadian and Californian due to the mixture of cultures with the survivors and slaves in Detroit, his voice raspier now since he'd used the last of his body's usable water to make a frozen doorway.

Jae nodded. "Just a small graze. I wasn't able to teleport fast enough." She saw the water and turned. Another person?!? She stopped herself from attacking only because he actually had a gun. "What's a bloody vulture? She was human." She said, the phrase not quite being understood. She was tired and sore, and she didn't want to have to think too much, so she just stood still, wondering what the group would do. I could just teleport and knife him..but he might shoot quicker..or..no..I don't know. She thought to herself, forgetting that the young girl could read her mind.

Sarah rested quietly, waiting for the entrance, she contemplated throwing her bow and arrows to their view but then again she didn't want to be completely vulnerable. It was only when ice barricaded the door did she jump up. She looked at it peculiarly before glaring off in the direction of where the group had amassed.

"Your trying to starve me out?" Sarah shouted, infuriated slightly. She grabbed her bow and started shooting arrows at the ice, not knowing just what she was planning to do. After her arrows proved useless, she collected them and then proceeded to kick the wall until she was even more tired then before. Sarah quietly gave up, sliding down to a sitting position, her back against the wall.

Maggie dropped back to lean against John instead of her brother. Her head was killing her, swarming with emotions ranging from anger to pain to general confusion and she couldn't do anything about it. Then someone new showed up and Jae was thinking about knifing people...it was all quite a bit for the woman to process. And then, all of the sudden, it all stopped. She blinked and looked around, smiling. She loved it when her powers turned off. She loved the silence in her head. Unfortunately for her, it didn't happen often. But sometimes she got lucky. She sat down on the ground and rubbed her head with a soft, contented sigh.

Ambrose stepped back when the wall covered in ice. He frowned and turned his gas-mask-covered face towards the new person. "Well, sniper rifles usually beat bows and arrows, so we had her pretty well cornered...plus, she was by herself....who the hell are you?"

"I have no idea!" She chirped happily.

He looked over at his sister and the leather of his mask creaked as he smiled under it. "That's great, Maggs!"

"Just call me Snowman." He said turning towards the Ice door, placing his palm against it, the water melted into him, the cold that made it ice going with it. "Sniper Rifle may beat a good bow, but at close range a sniper is next to worthless, long barrel unwieldy for close quarters....." He started, "And I wasn't trying to starve you out, just get ya to chill out for a minute." He said, reaching in his pocket and throwing the archer a tin of sliced beef in gravy, some catfood he'd been saving for a moment of desperation. "Eat it, you need it." He almost laughed at himself, but was more saddened by the fact he gave his last vestige of a meal to a stranger out of charity.

Jae just watched Snowman carefully. "What were you doing here?" She had sat down on a large rock, her legs crossed and her head rested in a palm.

Sarah jumped back again as the ice wall dispersed into nothing. She was starting to get annoyed by the constant surprises, who the fuck were these people, the justice league? She had heard rumors of special powers that were received by experiments and exposure while the aliens were here, but she had always been a skeptic.

She glared steadily at the man who had blocked her in, to let her calm down, Sarah was half tempted to place an arrow at his throat but seeing as how open she was, sitting right in front of the doorway she ironically did calm herself. When he passed her the can of rations she looked up not sure whether she ought to trust the new arrival, but when her stomach growled she popped the lid open and ate quickly with her hands. Damn she had been hungry.

Ambrose turned and poked this Snowman guy in the chest with the barrel of his rifle. "You must just be stupid, huh? Lets bad mouth the guy with the big gun. Sounds like a great idea." He said through his gas mask, pressing the mouth of the barrel roughly into the other male's chest. "No one asked you to intervene. Or feed someone who was trying to kill us. If you're with her, you can collect her and move right along."

Maggie sighed and stood up, looking around. "We need to get going. We don't want it to be dark before we get there. Or find shelter." She hadn't seen so many people out on the streets before. Ever. Just in the Resistance camps but she wouldn't call that 'out on the streets'. She'd call it 'in a camp'. Not the point. This whole, aliens being gone thing meant meeting new people and she couldn't really be totally against that. As long as it wasn't too many at once...

Sarah looked up at the involvement of her in the conversation, she had almost completely finished the can and she can feel herself becoming limber again. She didn't feel as tired as she did before, still she hadn't managed to sleep in a while but of course the food helped. She stood up quickly grabbing her bow instinctively, stopping herself and instead sliding it back onto her back.

"I'm with no one." Sarah retorted. Crossing her arms childishly. She was only fourteen afterall.

Jae turned her attention to the Sarah, standing up and walking over to here. "What's your name?" She asked politely, letting the others talk to Snowman, who seemed much more of a threat. "I'm Jae." She said, her face emotionless.

Sarah looked up at the one whom approached her. It was the one whom she had took more or less as her failure hostage. She wondered why she would approach her, afterall Sarah had tried to kill her, in fact the bandage on her arm was probably because of her. Sarah looked at the lady, slightly untrusting. But seeing as she had no where else to go she answered.

"Sarah."