SCION

Karim Mido - The Detective
Interaction: @Yonni , @Childish Grumpino , @Kitti, @Michale CS , @Gands , @Phi Chisym
Karim's mouth opened and closed as his gold eyes caught sight of the delinquent he commonly got out of trouble. Bose. To him he was the neighborhood trouble maker. Always found in the wrong place at the wrong time but he was a sweet kid so Karim was fond of him, though he would never admit it out loud.

"Bose." He started with clear irritation toward him. "What on earth are you doing here!?" Within a second he had Bose's ear between his fingers and started lecturing the kid as usual. Karim really didn't understand how Bose got himself in situations like this, he was good as a kid why couldn't he be!?A sigh left the detective's mouth while letting go of Bose and just shaking his head to answer everyone else and further question the situation. Irritation still relevant.

"I'll see what I can do about getting on the case, shouldn't be too hard. They'll probably get stuck not being half-gods n' all. Then come running to me." The curly haired detective gave a sigh with a very deadpanned look. Clearly it was a common thing to happen but what could he say. They were only fully human. Any hello's that were sent to him he returned with a nod, not being much for hello's or greeting. Work was more important after all. This was definitely work if someone had died, that was for sure. It didn't matter if they were human or half-god, it was work. Which meant he had a case to solve. "Although... I could just investigate it on my own seeing as how ya'll already know it happened. Might as well get some help in the matter."

• Thank You
Reactions: Phi Chisym

More questions, ideas, thoughts, and doubts steamed from each Scion as they attempted to wrap their minds around what was placed before them. Eventually, some sort of game plan was developing before them. It was a start, but Lithy wasn't interested in just a start. She wanted answers that only the dead can give.

While listening to the others discuss and introduce, Lithy also listened to her familiar converse with the three Iwas hanging around. One was an old mill worker from the early 1900's who died at the wood mill that used to stand near the Mississippi - where the Mardi Gras float how stood now. He happened to be haunting his place when he witnessed several beings heading up the river. An hour or so later, they returned, only to cross the river and disappear in the heavy fog lingering that night. He didn't mention what 'type' of beings he saw, but by the way he tettered on his one straight leg and the stench of Gin lingering within the aroma of his grave dirt, she figured he died dumb and drunk - not sure if she could trust that testimony.

Another Iwa, a former maid who was abducted and murdered in the alley behind the hotel that once stood down a ways from the crime scene, expressed feeling an eery darkness sucking the air from the sky. She wasn't sure why that was, but it wasn't a normal sight. The other Iwa stood silent, only to later speak of a sharp scream, splashes, then laughter. They eventually left, freeing Amos to return to his post. They didn't give much, but it was something to play with.

Focusing back on the conversation, Lithy was growing antsy. She wanted to walk. If she wasn't able to connect to Gab's spirit physically, then she needed to connect another way.

"I'll see what I can do about getting on the case, shouldn't be too hard. They'll probably get stuck not being half-gods n' all. Then come running to me." The detective, Mido, added within the chaos of spoken words.
"Although... I could just investigate it on my own seeing as how ya'll already know it happened. Might as well get some help in the matter."

Lithy turned to the curly-haired gentleman in their group, "Detective Mido, if you wish to get a jump on this case, I can help right now." She was bound and determined to get answers about this Titanspawn and why it killed one of her friends. "The Iwas lingering around here only have minimum clues on what happened. Nothing solid. If we can't visit the body, then all I need it to visit the crime scene. Gabriel will tell me what happened that night."

The pointy-eared fellow with a sour face nods his head slowly, though his expression doesn't change.
"They're starting to pick up the jist of it, at least." Linus snorts into his hip flask in response.
"One of them does this professionally, so I should fuckin hope so." The red-haired girl amongst the other Scions, Aisha, jabs her hand into the air and waves it like an excited school child.
"Oh, hey! I know that!" She's pointing at Lithiuna now, grinning enthusiastically. "The crime scene, I mean! I know where it is!" The Japanese girl in pig-tails giggles in response, elbowing Linus.
"Look at them go, so enthusiastic. It's like they have no idea what they're in for."

Bacalou's grin has taken on a satisfied tinge now, as he revolves his head around to each of the Scions.
"It sounds like you all have some theories as to where to begin. Un bon début. So unless any of you have any other pressing questions--"
"--and even if you do, tough tits," Linus chimes in.
"--I suggest," Bacalou continues, breezing over the interruption, "that you make a start. The night is young, and there is still much to be done. Bonne chance to you all."
"Which is the fancy way of saying off you fuck and get to it," the Japanese girl explains, beaming. "So go on, chop chop. Or else ol' Gabe might just be the first of many, wakatta?"

The audience is over. The call to action complete. From behind them, the Scions can see the doors that led them down into this strange underground chamber opening again, the sunglasses-wearing woman standing on the other side holding an old kerosene lantern to light the way. She motions for them, encouraging them out of the chamber.

Before he can leave, however, Mido feels an arm snatch out to grip his shoulder. The hand is pallid, icy, but conveys a strength entirely at odds with Bacalou's wasted complexion.
"One more thing, Detective," the Loa intones softly, "It may interest you to know that there is one who belongs to your... dénomination within the city. Hardly the most sociable of fellows, I must warn you, but should you require some guidance from one of your own? You can find him out in the City Park. Be warned, though. He doesn't usually play well with others. Prefers to spend his time in the company of mortals. But he may make an exception for you." Bacalou makes a shooing motion with his wasted limb. "Now off you go, yes?"

- - -​

As the sunglasses-wearing woman leads the group up the winding steps towards street level again, Aisha demonstrates what might be a supernatural ability to talk non-stop for extended periods of time. She seems to flit from one topic to the next without reason or warning, her mass of red hair bobbing excitedly all the while.
"Honestly, all this stuff? Completely over my head, not gonna lie. Like a month ago? I was a student up at Washington State. Now it's all gods and monsters and magic and all sorts of weirdness. You ever been to Washington State?" She's jabbering away at Brana, who's found herself at the front with the girl, but the question could just as easily be directed towards anyone present. "The campus is huuuuuge. Honestly. I didn't believe it when I saw it first. But then that's true of a lot of things for me lately. Turns out some people can do a lot of weird shit I wouldn't have believed before. Like us, right? You've got your fancy spear, Mido's a secret agent or something," she rounds on Melody next, "and I could swear I've seen you in something before. A magazine? Poster?" She frowns. "Do you know the Kardashians?"

The words tumble out, unabated, as their guide leads them up through the door into the small museum itself and then to the main entrance/exit. She seems suddenly rather keen to usher Aisha out first, giving the others a knowing smile as they step out onto the street. Back out into the warm evening air and the wash of rain tumbling down around then. Aisha blinks, the change of locale seeming to only just now register with her. "Oh." She sighs heavily. "I did the thing again, didn't I? The talking thing. Where I talk. A lot. And don't stop. My bad. Sorry. It's a nervous thing, I think. Been doing it since I was little. I'll shut up now."

Wind rushes up the narrow street, pushing the rain up against the wooden balconies and sending the signs that hang outside the shops creaking back and forth. The place is even more deserted than when the band first entered the museum, though night is only just now beginning to arrive. The calm before the storm, in more ways than one. This is the French Quarter, after all: the place won't stay quiet for long. Nor will the rain, for that matter. Aisha inhales, seeming to have already forgotten the statement she made just moments before. "I guess we need to figure out what we're doing, then? I'm hopeless at this, honestly. Probably just gonna slow you all down. But I think the secret agent was talking about checking out the body? And someone said something about the crime scene? Or did I mishear tha--"

As suddenly as she began, Aisha cuts her statement short. Her eyes widen slightly, her mouth hanging open. Those present picking up on this abrupt shift and following her gaze will quickly see why.

The band is no longer alone in this narrow, rain-swept street.

The figures have emerged on either side of them, eleven strong in total. Clad in ragtag uniformity, black hoodies and jackets, faces hidden behind black scarves and sunglasses in some cases. All of them armed. Crude weapons, clubs and knives, one clutching a particularly vicious looking machete. All of them have their gazes fixed upon the small group that has just exited the museum. As though they had been waiting for just this very moment. But this isn't what has Aisha staring like a deer in the headlights. Her gaze is fixed firmly on the figure standing at the back of one of the groups.

It's tall. Impossibly tall, towering over the masked figures below it. It's shape is all wrong, spindly, like thin wire. At a distance it might be mistaken for a man, but when only thirty metres away? None present would be fooled. For a moment it seems to regard the seven people it has very clearly been waiting for, considering them. Then it reaches up to pull the hood from it's head. Revealing something entirely other. Scaly and wet, completely alien.

funky_fish_people.jpg

"Begin," the Titanspawn intones, and it's minions charge forwards towards the Scions.

Last edited:
1579131382689.png

Branna

Like a scene out of a movie, the young former Marine turns to look where Aisha is looking. Then she smiles....
One arm pushes Aisha back and to the side, hopefully less... in the way. The other hand pulls out the feather pen she has holstered in one of the many pouches on her dark workman's kilt.
" Fuil airson na morrigan"

She seems to flick the pen as she steps forward and it becomes a seven foot spear, not that many will notice in the heat of the moment, but up and down it's relatively thick shaft are silver wire engravings honoring the Phantom Queen. The spear tip is a foot long, sharpened along its length and crafted to look like a feather. She slams the butt of the spear on the asphalt and the thing seems to let out a loud screaming wail. The battle cry of the Morrigan herself. The fact that Branna herself screams a battle cry seems to be lost in the moment. ( The general idea with this, is that her enemies might be.... affected by the terrible banshee like keening, their reactions.. slowed). All of this seems to take barely moments though.

" I need some of you to deal with the ones on the right ! And someone to have my six, Mel !"

Branna now moves to the six on her right. It really isn't part of her consideration what weapon they carry. How tough or brutal they seem to be. They have announced themselves as the enemy. There is no consideration expected. No mercy expected from the enemies of the Morrigan. There will in turn be none given from Branna. There simply are too many. Her allies mostly green and maybe actually green with the terror of first battle. Maybe the detective will have himself together and maybe the young voodoo girl.

The three furthest in front are her immediate targets. Her intention is to strike the two on either side with her staff. She does of course use one of her great gifts in this, her gods gifted strength. The lucky third one in the middle gets a spear tip into his gut, hopefully.

( to herself as she is fighting )
"Now this... THIS is a party!"

melody-singer-banner-2-jpg.189655

You're making me strong, you're making me stand. Never will fall, never will end. Shot like a rocket up into the sky; Nothing could stop me tonight! You make me feel... Invincible!

Melody's eyes widened when she saw the attackers. It was totally real now. No dreams of Apollo dressed as himself from Star Trek , no vague discussions. These guys were here, now, and she had to do something. She drew her violin from the bag at her side - she made a mental note of some better way to carry that soon - and as Brana screamed her battle cry, a quick wave of her hand intensified that so it was as if she'd shouted it at some sort of death metal concert through speakers.

"On it, Brana!" Melody yelled.

She had a trick that worked on glass, thin wood and other fairly frail objects, that she sought to try now. Her eyes flared and glowed with power as she drew the bow across the violin strings. A tangible wave of power rippled past Brana and slammed into the attackers - If all worked as planned, this should break their eardrums and even possibly some of the tiny bones near the ears - though, the trick probably wouldn't work on the freaky fish guy. Gills might be enough protection from the intense vibrations generated. But there was plenty that was fragile in the human... humanoid? - Head and this was intended to stun them to make them easy pickings for her more martially-minded partner...

Last edited:

When Karim grabbed Bose's ear, he turned a shade of pink. Ears emblazoned, red as lobster-tails. Red as his hair, because as much as he thought his wibble-wobbley attempts of hiding in the crowd wouldn't work against someone with such astute perception… there'd been a small flicker of hope that he hadn't been seen here, in the midst of some awry plot-gone-wrong. A sci-fi movie, unfolding. He took it pretty well, and had the decency to ow-ow-ow his way out of Karim's vice-grip. A lopsided grin tipped the sides of his lips as he held his hands up, "I dunno, Detective. Seems like I've got not choice though, this time."

He shimmied a little further away so that Karim could carry away with his detective business. All work and no play, that one. Besides, there wasn't a lick of sense in a flower-shop boy trying to insert himself into something that went way over his head. Gods, he'd never even seen a body before, let alone had any discussions about looking into one for clues about his killer. Sounded like something straight from the mystery books he liked to stick his nose in. Living it? That was something else entirely. He was more of a romantic, anyway. He scratched at the back of his neck and cleared his throat uncomfortably. Allowed the others to step up and discuss their point of views—what they'd lay on the table, add to the squad they seemed to be assembling.

A regular gang of heroes, eh.

Lith seemed to be the most gung-ho about finding out what happened. Maybe, because one of these Scions was someone she knew. A friend? An acquaintance? Someone she felt a kinship with, because she, too, was the child of the darker, more allusive sort. 'Course, that was all speculation. Bose's gaze swung over to Bacalou and the others, the ones that looked comfortable in this situation. Godly beings in their own right. They were all being watched, in a calculating manner, nodding their heads, pleased by the outcome of acceptance, or at least, the kind that brokered no choice in the matter. No one had turned tail and run. Good, then.

Tough tits.

Bose snorted at this. He hadn't meant to, but it was funny. Unexpected. He scrubbed a hand over his mouth and averted his gaze, staring off at the decorated walls. Skulls, candles, the flicker of flames, and nondescript items he'd only glimpse in wayward dreams. Bad ones. He was all too happy to hop back up the stairs, following the others back into normality. Back into the light. The kiss of rain on his face brought him back to reality, made things real. He didn't mind it. He inhaled softly, and stepped out, puffing his umbrella open as the others stepped ahead of him. The smell of rain on asphalt was a solemn comfort that he was all too keen to envelop himself in.

Most people might've considered Aisha's non stop jabbering annoying… but he didn't. Not really. It filled in the spaces, made what they'd just learned a little less constricting. He listened, happily. Let her fill in the silence with noise, and even though he didn't really know how to respond, or even if she'd let him have a worse edgewise, he was comfortable. His shoulders dropped when she caught herself and let the silence expand, and grow heavy. His voice surprised even him, when he tipped his head up and said,
"Didn't mind the talking. Makes this feel less… weird." When she continued despite herself, he grinned and ducked his head, following at Melody and Brana's heels.

Whatever he'd been expecting... it hadn't been this. Merman. Mermaids? Gill-puffing individuals, hulking in height, stepping from the shadows and then, running at them. If this was a normal fight, in normal circumstances that'd eventually call Karim down to pick him up from the dirty alleyway, he'd run in, fists-bared, and get his ass handed to him. But this wasn't normal. These weren't human and he was allowed to do things here that he'd never dare to otherwise. He huffed out a breath and pressed his hand up against the nearest brick building. Thorns and vines slithered from his palm, pressing into the cracks, adamant as dandelions, ripples of pebbles fell from pressed grout.

But it wasn't the building he was aiming for. No, overhead were balconies with flowers and plants. Vines, moss, beauties. He'd sniffed them out as soon as he'd stepped foot in the French district. They loved their flowers, and pretty things, but these things could be weapons. They could be stronger than people knew, if he pushed them. Suddenly, four plants twitched and stretched, grew larger, and hissed downwards, dropping from their pots, and aiming to wind around the feet of four of the gilled assailants, coming from the right. Flowers bloomed at his temples, bristled through his red hair. He'd keep them still long enough for someone to finish them off. He couldn't, however, disengage from the wall.

The walk up the stairs had been filled with the comfortable sound of the woman... Aisha? talking. Tsurue hung back, lagging a little behind in the neat line that ascended the stairs. Detective Mido hadn't replied to her and the conversation had moved on, out of her grasp. She hadn't worried over it terribly, assumed that the disregard had been a casual and toothless thing rather than personal affront. She was used to the way gazes slid across her without approval or disgust, just searching for something else. Something that sparkled a little brighter than she did.

"Didn't mind the talking. Makes this feel less… weird." It wasn't directed toward Tsurue but it lightened her spirits nonetheless. Small kindness, warm rays of sunshine breaking through the clouds however briefly. The clouds today were as heavy as they were dark and she was appreciative for the barest glimmers in the storm.

Toward the back of the pack and exiting near last, it was the tension that Tsurue felt first before she saw what was causing this wrong feeling. Within a breath's span, however, the world had begun to move with dizzying speed. The noise came first, the scream from Brana that echoed off the bricks and cobble, chased by violin whose cacophonous pitch prompted Tsurue to clap her hands over her own ears.

You said you'd help. What had she signed up for, exactly? The bit about wars and enemies had been noted but she had not-so-secretly been hoping that it was something of a more metaphorical nature. There was nothing prosaic about a club. The fear that flooded her senses urged her to turn tail and flee. The screaming had been replaced by the thundering pulse ringing in her ears that urged her to get away, as far as possible.

Closing her eyes tightly, Tsurue willed something to happen, something incredible like the others. Soundwaves, a collapsible spear? Nothing materialised. There was something, though, some energy that she could feel when she closed her eyes and focused on it. Threads that seemed to weave underneath the very streets and tugged gently on her senses, as though she were the spider sitting atop a vast web spun with decades. The let her mind trace a few of them that were strong and close, pull them to her as a fisherman reeling in his catch. Glancing out from underneath her lashes, she realised that she could still feel the threads even with her eyes open. The ones that she pulled were coming closer, two of them wound around her fingers and being pulled with little grace by an amateur at the art whose fumbling movements were brusque and unpracticed.

Behind them, Bose had also leaped into action already. The flowers that threaded through his red locks were oddly endearing but the thick tendrils that snaked intently toward the fishy monstrosities were decidedly less so. Spellbound with wonder at the sight, Tsurue nearly dropped the threads that she was holding, already so loosely gathered. The beautiful vines began to twist around his targets, doubtless intended to hold them in place and let Brana exact her rage upon them. He'd looked as nervous as she had before, just as plagued with doubts but now...

It wasn't fair of you to look so strong and sure.

She could feel them now, so close it would have been impossible to ignore. They were here. A large form hunched at the back, unmistakably a man. His pallid skin was soaked, oozing blisters forming trails across his arms with the rain. His midsection sported a gaping wound but no blood flowed from it, rather it seemed almost crusted over. There was a trickle of blood caught at the corner of his lips, a splash of color on an otherwise impassive face. He was following along like a grotesque puppet, movements unsteady but moving inexorably toward the sea creatures. It was an abomination but Tsurue could feel the connection to the corpse instantly. More instinct than intent, she used his hands to lift up a bicycle that leaned wheelless against a nearby building.

So focused on the first as she was, she nearly let the second thread slip through her fingers. It was further away, but approaching still.

Interactions: @Yonni , @Kitti , @Michale CS , @Childish Grumpino
Karim let out a huff at the all the chaos that was happening and the kid that always got in trouble just seemed to be getting in even more trouble. Who would have guessed. He almost contemplated tying Bose to a pole with some rope. It really tempted him but unfortunately, being a member of the law enforcement seemed to hold that. He would definitely do it though if he was perhaps something more of a criminal, murderer maybe. He was sure his father could keep Bose safe in the underworld. He swore he felt a slap to the back of his head at the mere thought, a tinge of pain as he glared a bit. Then again he'd only see his delinquent so often if he did that so he ruled it out within seconds.

"Always getting in trouble... Rascal." He grumbled similarly to what his father, as they'd been in this situation many times the day he'd met his god of a dad. Except he remembered them more as growls. Karim sighed once more while listening to everyone introducing themselves, taking vague notes on them. They all seemed nice in a way and just ready to accept this death was their responsibility. Pretty soon it came time for them to leave but before he could a tall rather sickly looking man snatched his arm. He wasn't one to lie to himself either when he said that it made him jump. That much was obvious as a unique looking feather appeared in his hand. The tip pointing under the man's jaw, it made a pin prick of blood drip down it's tip, proving that though it looked to be dull it could kill. "I'll keep that in mind... Might want to be careful next time you decide to grab me. Might not be so lucky next time." Gold eyes glinted in the darkness, as if promising that his threat was going to back up if he was ever scared like that again.

Karim genuinely did take the information to heart though. Though, old men in parks were a bit suspicious and all. He was a half god though so nothing was really that weird.

The other half gods just like himself all seemed to follow the Japanese female out so he walked behind them. Watching the group from behind to learn as much about them as he could and keeping a close eye on Bose. Though as they walked down to cold, wet street a very fishy scent captured his nose. Rotten fish, specifically. It smelled horrendous and made him gag a bit while covering his nose. The source of the scent was just up again, fish like creatures. When they started charging Karim dashed up again and threw one of his feathers. It was fast and the whistle of the delicate object could be heard as it flew through the air quickly heading toward one of them.

"To pronounce the name of the dead is to make them live again... So I guess I won't be learning your names." He spoke with a straight face, a tinge of humor in his tone as he spoke to the monstrous smelling beasts.

Lithy followed the group quietly, only feeling a minor irritation from the non-stop chatter from Aisha. Mostly, Lithy blocked her words, but she did understand. As Aisha's nerves caused her to ramble like a broken record, Lithy's nerves kept her silent and locked away from the rest of the world. If it wasn't for Amos' connection to her, she would have hidden in the shadows during that entire meeting without a peep to acknowledge her presence.

So, ya gonna ask me about what I found out? Amos meowed, asking for her to lift him. She stepped to the side as the group passed, and picked him up into her arms before continuing.

Figured you would say without being granted, she responded as her fingers caressed the back of his ear.

Amos' better side of him fought against the feline need to purr from her attention. One prêt watched a strange group heading towards the river. Another was close enough to hear his screams. The last didn't witness anything but saw the remains before his spirit left the body. She didn't stick around to ask questions.

Well, they were no help,
she thought as the group began to emerge back into the dingy light of the drab atmosphere outside. She needed answers, wanted to figure this mystery out as soon as possible. She didn't want Gadrial's prêt to move on before she had a chance to speak with him. She knew her father would bar his way over the Crossroads, but for how long? No telling – Papa preferred setting her up for a hard time, just to prove to her that she is capable enough to soften it.

The rain hadn't let up far too much, which wasn't what started to irritate her senses. Something wasn't right. Aisha's chatter ending abruptly proved to her that she wasn't alone with her feelings.

Amos' ears flattened and his hair rose on end. Stay alert, Ti Sè!

Looking up, Lithy watched as a few of their group prepared themselves while a band of darkly clad men surrounded them. Their leader – something Lithiuna figured she'll never see so soon within this sudden call-to-arms quest. There, standing in some sort of fishy aquatic DIY garb was… well, there was no other term to give it but the one the Gods had already claimed – a Titanspawn.

Branna, sweeping Aisha behind her, brandished a feather pen that miraculously transformed into a spear, and with a battle cry powerful enough to ice over the souls of the dead, she jumped into the fray. Melody garnished her violin, and before Lithy could protest about the unnecessary need for a 'fight song', the woman created a sonic blast that forced her to cover her ears. The flower boy who wanted to leave the group from the start began to create vines that hog-tied a few of the minions before they could attack, and even the detective began to attack with throwing feathers sharp enough to cut the fins of the enemy.

Lithy was surprised that all of them has some sort of weapon prepared for a fight, which irritated her even more, for she was unfortunate to have to start her journey as a Scion without one.

Legba! May I please…

Sa a se pa tan an,
her father chuckled. (This is not the time)

Yes, it is! I am unable to protect myself or others! This is the perfect time!

Wi, the perfect time to learn – use what I've already given you…

But Papa…

And then her connection fell silent. Frustrated, now more than ever, Lithy backed towards the door of the museum, hoping to find the door wide open, but instead found it locked. Growling to herself, she began to think – what in the world can I do with what I already have – besides hide?

You are more than a Ghost, Ti Sè,
Amos meowed. You are also a Vessel.

Before she could set her thoughts on what her Familiar meant by his words, the sensation of familiar magic began to inch across her skin. Looking beyond herself, she watched the fight move on and faintly, she could see thin soul-threads stretching out beyond the battlefield. She could feel the dead they summoned and was able to trace them back to the fingers of their puppeteer. It was the Japanese girl, Tsurue – the other one who choose to remove herself from the group but was encouraged to stay. Feeling that energy seemed to awaken Lithy's courage to try something she's never attempted before.

She can be a puppeteer too… right?

Choose your ruthers, byen vit! Amos barked.

Lithy took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Her lips moved with unspoken words and her body seemed to relax and sway with the wind. Her arms dropped and Amos landed on the wet pavement only to appear to melt into the wetness of the surface – and disappear. Before long, Lithy opened her eyes once more – but the color changed from their normal light grey to a haunting, solid black. Amos had entered her body – reserving her place while she wandered away.

Lithy's spirit floated like vapor over the battlefield, watching as each member of her group attacked the strange gang in their own special way. She sought for one of those dark creatures, a fighter not pursuing one of her group – one waiting to take their turn into the battle. There was one holding his ground, untouched by flying feathers or held down by vines. Lithy targeted him – swooping down to enter his body and begin her own personal attack to fight for dominance. He wasn't as tough on the inside as she thought – but most followers are often weak and unable to defend their inner spirit. She took him over quicker than she thought, consuming his prêt for strength and confidence. A moment to gain familiarity with the form, blinking the grey film of discomfort – and stench – from her consciousness, Lithy backed away to understand this new body she overthrew.

Patting around, she found a machete of substantial size, which gave her an advantage she didn't expect. One of the minions turned towards her, wondering what his partner was doing. Without a second to spare, Lithy rushed him and plunged the blade into his gut. Pulling away, her empty hand snatched the large bowie knife from his hand while the man fell to his knees.

Two's better than one… she hummed to herself, …been too long since I've held just one.

Turning to her group, she called Amos, It's me! Tell them who I am, and don't get blood on my blouse!

Amos laughed delightfully; his Little Sister had finally found her feet! Before he stepped to one of the others, Amos removed the various accessories Lithy wore that day, including her dear jacket. He placed them in a pile at the foot of the museum door before preparing to fight by extending his claws. Well, Lithiuna's nicely decorated fingernails lengthened and sharpened into five sets of deadly weapons. He stepped towards Bose, who was still attached to the building nearby.

"Bose, help me tell the others – Lithiuna's spirit is inside of that Minion over there," a sharp claw pointed towards the only one standing with two blades in his hands. "Don't attack her!"

He knew the young man would be confused about everything he'd mentioned, especially with Lithiuna's body expressing that she's somewhere else... But all would be explained after what said is done. With that request, Amos jumped into the battle. Reaching towards the four fighters Bose held taunt in colorful vines, Amos slashed down two of them, taking full advantage of their predicament. He reached for the third fighter, who was well aware of his intentions. Before he could attack, the man swung his ragged club towards Lithy's head, barely missing but hitting her right across the collarbone. The rusted nails crudely embedded through the head of the club cut into her skin. Amos didn't feel a thing – but Lithy did.

GRUUU, WATCH IT, AMOS!

Wishing she was able to scream, Lithy's steps faltered slightly as she continued moving towards the fourth attacker being held down by Bose's vines. The fighter didn't realize he was under attack until the machete was already lost in his back. The fighter who damaged her body turned to find one of his own attacking his team. He didn't have a chance to protect – Amos quickly trusted his claws into the man's side to stop his actions.

Last edited:
Amidst the rain-swept streets of New Orlean's French Quarter, the sounds of combat ring out.

The first blows of what might be an all-out war between Gods and Titans within the city.

First into the fray is Branna, experience lending her speed as the threats descend upon them. Two of the attackers spin away from her, screaming, as her spear comes arching out in a wide sweep that opens flesh and sends blood flying. The third is even less fortunate, Branna's weapon driving into his stomach and almost pushing him up into the air with the force of the strike. None of the others have a chance to rally, for Melody has moved in and begun her dirge: sound blasts out in a wave from the violin, towards the attackers pushing in from the right who remain standing after Branna's onslaught. Two of them stagger, the din blasting their inner ears and hammering at their sense of balance. The third clutches at his ears and lets out a howl.

A howl that's suddenly cut short as one of Mido's dagger-like feathers drives into his throat.

On the opposite side, Bose has cut short the advance with his new allies: the vines and roots streak down to knock the attackers off their feet, or else lock them in place as they struggle against this new threat. Before they can escape, the horror that Tsurue has summoned comes lumbering into view from one of the water-clogged alleys nearby. It hefts up a bicycle with ungainly hands as one of the masked figures tries to pull away, then swings it about in a brutal circle that smashes into the man. Both attacker and vines go flying, the force of the attack propelling him into the side of a nearby car with a sickening crunch. Behind them, Lithiuna finds purchase on the mind of the sole attacker who has not been claimed by Bose's plants and sends his machete plunging into one of his comrades.

Blood spatters down onto the road, mingling in with the rain as the melee continues.

From it's more distant view, the fish-like Titanspawn watches this display of violence impassively, though it does wince as Melody's song reaches him. Only when Branna seems fully committed to her attack does it move. Dropping down into a sprinter's crouch, it sets off in a flurry of movement. Fast, too fast, fast enough that it's movements barely register before it has closed the distance between it and Branna. A freight train baring down on some unwary animal that has staggered onto the tracks.

For a second, it looks as though it means to simply slam into the Scion of Morrigan.

But then a foot darts down into the ground, and twists. The Titanspawn's body is pushed around and up, a corkscrew motion propelling it into the air and over any hastily-erected guard. One leg arcs wide, the pendulum that gives this leap drive and momentum.

The other coils out, smashing into Branna's shoulder with inhuman force.

The former marine is sent flying to the side of the street, her body impacting against one of the steel pillars of the museum's balcony. Meanwhile the Titanspawn has landed and righted itself with the precision of a practised fighter, pressing down upon it's opponent. The two remaining masked attackers, though deafened by Melody's attack, nonetheless try to utilise this sudden opening. They stagger forwards in an ungainly lope, charging for Melody, Mido, Tsurue and Lithiuna. One darts to the side, trying to flank round, the other just rushes in with weapon raised.

Which is when Aisha pushes herself forwards, face pale but set fiercely, positioning herself between the others and this desperate charge.
"Fuck you!" she snarls, then lets out a roar that seems completely alien coming from such a small woman. The Scions standing nearby feel the rush of heat, warmer even than the sticky moistness of New Orleans air, then watch as a tongue of flame comes bursting out from Aisha's mouth to engulf the lower body of the attacker. His charge falters then halts entirely as he panics, screaming and flailing wildly as he bats at the spreading fire.

But the other deafened attacker is still on his feet, looping around a chunky SUV to put some manner of shield between him and his targets before bursting out towards them. He lunges for Lithiuna, who's trance of possession has her mind across on the other side of this street-turned-battlefield. His weapon rises.

Meanwhile the Titanspawn bears down upon Branna, stretching one powerful leg upwards into the sky like a hammer ready to bear down upon her. It's impassive face suddenly creases into a smirk.

• OMG
1581271577925.png

It's true, the fish guy's speed took her mostly by surprise. Kicked in the shoulder, luckily a lot of muscle mass there. Still between the kick and being thrown into the steel beam, she saw little tweeting birds for just a moment. Her mother's voice in her head…

"First night in thah dance, my daughter taken out by the creature from thah black lagoon. Disappointed I'll be when I have tah choose my own daughter for the afterlife"

Her mother's mocking voice and the dual pains in her shoulder and her side pulled Branna out of that quickly. The part of her from way back that always fought against failure, her pride. Though part of her wanted to pull the big revolver and nail captain slimy with the fifty-caliber magnum. This part perhaps foolishly, was also overcome by pride.

Adrenaline kicked in now, pain forced to the back of her mind. Her thought process moving to an emotionless almost instinctual state. She went now into defensive movements. She had finely honed skills of her own to call upon, her body moving as if answering her mother's motivating ridicule. Moving backwards, flowing in dance like maneuvers, deflecting blows from the black lagoon guy. Part of this strategy seems to rely on her team's now overwhelming numbers. When this came into play, or if fish man's attention waivered at all, she would swoop in on the offensive. Meanwhile, as part of her wait and pounce deception, she would let her left arm, previously struck on the shoulder hang limp. A lot like that mother bird trick with the fake broken wing, seen in that old nature movie in high school, leading tall dark and slimy away from her people, and making him face her.

@Childish Grumpino @Michale CS @Phi Chisym @Yonni @Kitti @Kyatto

• Thank You

You're making me strong, you're making me stand. Never will fall, never will end. Shot like a rocket up into the sky; Nothing could stop me tonight! You make me feel... Invincible!

The world slowed to a crawl in her mind. On one hand, she saw her new teammate, about to get clobbered; on the other, she saw Branna in combat with the freaky fish guy. She looked in the direction of the thug about to strike, and, channeling all of her divine charisma, pointed at him and bellowed, "STOP! FLEE WHILE YOU STILL HAVE YOUR LIFE!" Honestly Melody had no idea if that would work, but she was channeling something else she had seen on Star Trek The commanding presence of the god Apollo.

However, she couldn't ignore Branna. Whirling in the direction of the Morrigan's Daughter, she screamed out another banshee wail. A wail that was absorbed once again by Branna's spear, which practically vibrated in her friend's hands now. It would have to be enough. She moved to close with the more physically vulnerable of her team - not that she was any great shakes, turning her commanding presence on the thugs once more.

template by #odette

Last edited:
  • Useful
POSTIMAGE.png

Bose broke away from the wall in a huff. Remnants of plant-matter creaked and fell from his hands, like autumn had taken hold. Crisp, brown, and falling like leaves. The roots around those who'd been felled loosened their grip, and shrunk considerably. A mess of plant-life, lying around the pots they'd fallen from. There was a hard lump at his throat and a relentless pounding in his head. The blossoming flowers had furled and bloomed at his hairline, buried in the curls of his fiery hair. His eyes darted to the others, still fighting.

He planted another hand against the building. Not to will anything else to life, but to keep himself from toppling over. Utilizing his abilities took a lot out of him, depending on the distance he had to travel. The world spun around him. A sickening blur, a dizzy carousel. He counted them. Most of these things had fallen, and he doubted that the rest of the team would have any trouble moping the rest up with their abilities, strong as they were. Even Asha, with her roaring fuck you, had decimated the approaching ranks with fire.

The warmth was a comfort. He almost leaned himself toward it. Like a flower raising it's leaves up to the sun, soaking it. Maybe, that's what he needed. Drained as he was. He shuttered his eyes against the brilliant light and then opened them once more, hoping against all odds that Melody's charismatic order boomed them into retreating from wherever they'd come from. But if not… if not… he willed his legs forward, a jumble of adrenaline pumping through his veins. He was closest to Lith, after all.

There were no plants in front of him, nothing he could cling onto, throw in front of him. So, he did what any other stupid person would do. Grappled onto Lith's arm, pulled her towards him, behind him. Let go. Put himself in front of her, dropped his shoulder, and slammed himself into the
thing's bared chest. All in one dizzying movement. The world turned slowly. Hopefully the weapon would miss, being this close. Hopefully, it'd stagger just long enough. Hopefully Melody's words reached it.

Lithy's borrowed body fell to a knee. She didn't calculate just how difficult it was moving such a brute of a man. He was much thicker in mass than his attire allowed to see. I should have chosen a thinner puppet. That, along with the agonizing wound across her true body's shoulder didn't do much for her stamina.

No breaks, Ti Si! Party's just getting started, Amos attempted to help with a cheer, as if that would do any good. She was pissed at him.

Just keep in mind the pain you've caused me, and don't do it again!

Refocusing on the actions of the playing field, the two watched as the fishy leader jumped into the fray and Aisha defended with her fire attack. They were on high alert as the rest of the swarm moved around them, completely taking their attention away from the real threat. Before Lithy realized what was happening around her, her eyes caught movement behind her for,m and a warning cry left her mouth before she noticed. Amos jumped in her skin and turn towards his fate. Another minion rushed towards her body, weapon rising to meet her flesh and blood.

Amos was ill-prepared for him - too busy paying attention to Lithy than to how vulnerable her body was with her back facing danger. As Amos turned to attempt to defend himself..., Lilthy raised the machete and lunged off her knee towards the man's with all her might, hoping to inflict some sort of a pain to avert his attack towards her form. Before she started to move, she heard someone's voice ring out over all the chaos.

"STOP! FLEE WHILE YOU STILL HAVE YOUR LIFE!"

She wasn't sure who it was, but she had a feeling it was Melody and her amazing voice. But she could barely focus on sounds, for there were so many new actions happening around her that took her attention. Falling to her side, the machete hit something - felt like bone, but she wasn't watching her poor attack. Instead, her eyes followed a flying Flower Boy dragging her body out of harm's way and football tackling the attacker right in the chest. It was crazy! An insane move... desperate even, and quite brave. Lithiuna was shocked beyond belief that the guy had that in him.

Awakening to the opportunity Bose gave her, she took charge of the body she controlled and bounced back to her feet. Raising the machete, she targeted the attacker's gut - preparing to finish him off if Melody and Bose's attempts were unsuccessful.

Reactions: Gands
Interaction: @Phi Chisym , @Yonni
Karim took a breath as he finished off a few more of the hideous, algae smelling creatures that threatened his existence. He knew for sure where these fuckers were going and it wasn't the afterlife. His gold eyes wandered the street a bit as he looked around for the others, he heard fighting but did not see it until he rounded a corner.

Bose. Lith. A titanspawn. It was a big one too, probably the leader. The creature looked ready to skewer Bose and Lith with its weapon. Before Karim could really comprehend it himself, he found himself in front of them both. Hand firmly around the fish things weapon, effectively cutting his palm open. Blood dripped down the blade as he took a feather and in on fluid motion, sliced its head off. The blade clattered to the ground and blood decorated the detective's face. It look natural on him in an ominous sort of way. Gold eyes looked back at Lith and Bose with a very serious expression before looking behind them then back to them.

"Y'all okay?" He let out a sigh and let his bloody hand rest at his side.

• Spicy
The incoming attack on the group who had been standing removed from the fray took Tsurue by surprise, absorbed as she was in pulling the puppet strings wound around her fingers. She sensed that the strings, the metaphor of the puppets, were just embellishments conjured up on her own to make sense of the uneasy power that she could feel coursing through the city. Her thoughts had been far removed from her vulnerable body wondering what the limit of her reach was when Aisha's deafening voice burst through her thoughts like a stone through a windshield.

Reeling, Tsurue felt the second thread slipping out from between her fingers and clutched tightly to her bicycle-wielding heavyweight to keep a hold on him at least. The disorientating flurry of events around her took valuable seconds to process but felt like hours as the attackers lurched close too close to new allies.

Lithy, then Bose, then Detective Mido. Fireworks flashing brightly only to be replaced by a new burst of movement and color. A display she couldn't tear her eyes away from. Her thoughts caught up and then some, sudden recognition that she was part of this and not merely observing. Her puppet had stilled as though holding its breath patiently while her mind gasped for air.

Tsurue drew the lumbering body closer, eyes scanning the scene for movement. The odor of death pervaded her senses as it closed the distance but she found that she didn't mind. The fresh scent of blood painting the cobbles as thoroughly as the red slick itself. A tentative probing revealed that, once dead, they could be persuaded to her bidding just as well as a man. Good to know.

Tsurue shot a glance to Branna, having seen another enemy in that direction, her thoughts urging her puppet along a new path already just in case help was needed.

Blood mingles in with the rain. Cries rise above of the ambience of the city.

Bose shoulder-checks the charging thug, sending him staggering back into a machete swing: Lithiuna has rallied control of her victim. The man reels, blood spraying from his mouth, just in time for Karim's weapon to flash. Flesh and bone separate in one swift, brutal motion, and the would-be assailant's headless body crumples into the asphalt. The few remaining attackers who haven't yet been finished off or caught by Bose's vines are crawling or stumbling away, responding to the divinely-enhanced order made by Melody.

Next to the building, Branna and the Titanspawn continue to exchange blows. Morrigan's daughter concentrates on defence, warding off kicks and punches with her spear as the fish-like attacker tries to find an opening. His movements are fluid and practised, his attacks sudden and relentless, but with Melody's aid Branna is able to hold her own long enough for her trick to play out.

The Titanspawn can see the horror that Tsurue has brought forth lurching towards the pair of them, and in that moment decides to try and press the advantage on Branna's supposedly weakened left side. An overconfident swing of his arm just slightly too wide, too slow by no more than a moment. It's all Branna needs. Parry and thrust, the classic manoeuvre of spearmen used since the time when Morrigan's name was first whispered in hushed tones on the Emerald Isle. A jab from the butt of the spear to knock the incoming blow away, then the point of the spear pushing into the opening created. The Titanspawn lets out a gurgling snarl as Branna's weapon impales him through the stomach. Dark blood spatters on the asphalt, and the attacker seems to realise that the tide has turned. His allies dead, his would-be victims bearing down on him.

With another snarl, the Titanspawn staggers back, creating distance between him and Branna, before twisting about and lunging for one of the alleys leading off from the street. With a few loping steps he's able to launch himself into the air, using one of the nearby vehicles as a stepping stone to leap up towards a fire escape and out of sight.
"Shit!" Aisha snaps, rushing past Branna and Tsurue's creature in pursuit.

As the Scions take stock, peering around at a street suddenly full of bodies and unconscious or deafened strangers, the door to the museum bursts open. Linus fills the doorframe for a moment, his horns and hooves now visible, clutching a thick steel xiphos in one hand as he strides into view. Behind him trails Yone, who's grinning from ear to ear at the sight of the Scions' battle.
"Jesus fuckin' Christ," Linus hisses, staring round at the carnage, "can you lot not make it five metres from the bloody door without making a mess? What the hell happened?"
"Ultraviolence?" Yone suggests, giggling.
"Not the time, cat," Linus growls, rounding on the Scions, "This is gonna be a bastard to clean, you know? And where's Aisha got off to?" Almost as if on cue, the red-haired girl re-appears from the alley.
"Goddamn, that guy's fast! He was already pretty much out the alley when I got there! Did you see that jump he did? That was some parkour shit or something! I knew a guy who did parkour once, tried to convince me to give it a--" she pauses mid-stream of thought, noticing Linus and Yone. "--oh."

The thug controlled by Lithiuna still stands, mind dominated, and a few more lie incapacitated on the street. The rest are either dead or fleeing. Yone takes in the sight one more time then sucks her teeth.
"Guess the other side's keen to get that war started, huh?"

chamber_gathering_2ndpost_2.png

1585270037097.png

Branna spend several long moments playing defense against the thing. A zombie thing, on her side she thought came lumbering in the direction of herself and the fish thing. It seemed to notice, launching a sudden and slightly off sided attack. Finally the break she was waiting for... Parry... Thrust... Success, a clean thrust mid torso. As she watched it pulled itself off of her spear and ran off, bouncing off cars. The red head, Aisha, ran boldly after fish guy, but it was too fast. Branna was tired, without the adrenaline to power her combat, she sagged a little. Her left shoulder sore as hell. It was cold, still raining, helping to wash it's blood from her body. She watched Aisha come back, smiling as the young woman started to rattle on. Branna was absentmindedly still carrying her spear as she walked slowly towards Linus and Yone.

" Respectfully, Linus and Miss, I still don't entirely know who or what you are. But, just outside your super secret Voodoo hideout, your enemies knew exactly where to find us. This was all waiting for us right here. Since you were safe inside, while we were fighting outside, I am thinking you can maybe get this cleaned up. I am sorry that I wasn't quite able to finish the creature from the black lagoon off, but I am really tired and my left shoulder is sore as hell where he kicked me, my right side isn't so great either where I bashed into that pillar there. That, and he moves really fast. "

She takes a breath, looking around at the others, many of her new friends seemed out of breath, at least one had blood on her blouse that didn't belong to her attackers. She moved over to Melody and gave her friend a hard somewhat right handed hug, then pulling Bose into it too. She gives everyone else a look of gratitude.

"As for my new and old friends, fucking well done! I am tired and hungry, do any of you know a good restaurant nearby ? "

It was like a slow-motion film: the Titanspawn, realizing he was now lacking loyal minions, turned for a retreat across the street and into an alleyway... And Aisha took chase. Lithy knew there was no need for a chase, not this time. Taking a moment to measure her new friends, they all had their fair share of wear and tear; a decent end to their first fight as Scion. Total strangers who she didn't fear, now held her respect. For such a sheltered and paranoid creature, that alone was priceless.

Seeing no threats, she chose to take her leave of the minion who served her till his death. But before she could relax her mind to focus on returning to her damaged form, the door of the museum was thrown open to reveal two gods.

"Jesus fuckin' Christ," Linus hisses, "can you lot not make it five meters from the bloody door without making a mess? What the hell happened?"

"Ultraviolence?"
Yone suggests, giggling.

"Not the time, cat," Linus growls, rounding on the Scions.

As Linus called for Aisha, who returned with an energetic account of how well her chase went - until it quickly ended, Lithy began to ignore the chatter and focus on her form.

Clear out, Amos. I need to rest.

Like mist, her spirit exited the minion, who's lifeless form dropped like a bag of brick. Her essence slipped back into her comfort zone and before everyone's eyes, her pure black cat returned to settle on her boots. Lithy took a deep breath to regain her bearings. With eyes dimmed from strain, she scanned the dressing on the street with disdain. Linus was right - cleaning this up would be a chore, but surely they have a cleaning crew that manages this sort of supernatural carnage. Brana expressed the same feelings out loud but, did it really matter? Regardless, Lithy feared, their eyes will see more and more of such scenes the deeper they go.

"Guess the other side's keen to get that war started, huh?"

Is that what they're wanting? Amos meowed sarcastically. What an invitation? Lithy hissed warningly towards her familiar, knowing there were two here capable of hearing him. She crouched down to lift Amos in her arms, only to suddenly gasp with a hardened frown. She'd forgotten all about that nasty wound across her right collarbone; Lithy dropped her cat. Raising the black mock-turtleneck-line of her tank top, she glanced at the damage. There were six deep puncture wounds soaked with her blood. Albinos bruise horribly, and wounds tend to heal slowly. "Ahh, that's going to leave a scar..." Boo-boos she dislikes but can tolerate. But add rusted nails mean Tetanus shot... Lithy hates needles.

Brana collected her old friends in her arms as she gandered at the rest of the group with a victorious grin on her dingy face, "As for my new and old friends, fucking well done! I am tired and hungry, do any of you know a good restaurant nearby?"

"Eating? Washing up, warming up, treating wounds should be the first thing," Lithy grinned weary, wobbling slightly on her feet. "And then, perhaps, dinner... and rest..." Feeling the effects of splitting from her body, the young Mambo kept herself as sturdy on her feet as she could - attempting to not show how weak she was. Even with Amos offering a bit of his energy to recharge her, she was still worn.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kitti and Gands

I've gotta fight today To live another day Speakin' my mind today (My voice will be heard today)

Melody leaned into the hug once it was delivered by Brana. "That was some real intense shyte..." She dropped back into her estuary English accent, dropping all premise of sounding American for the moment.

"Well, if it's cleanin' up an' treatin' wounds we need, I s'pose we could use the bottom floor of the studio... Unless you figure that's a bad idea, Brana. We can order take-away for food so we aren't exposin' ourselves and all the regul'r folks to whatever these things were..." She looked around at all of them, letting her eyes fall on Brana first, the others, then finally over to Linus.

"If you need help with... disposal, you're goin' to find that I will prob'ly make a bit of a mess along the way. First time seeing dead bodies, see.."

template by #odette
[/CENTER]