Which kind of RP would you rather partake in first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windstormugly

Eater of Time
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
Online Availability
00:00 - 24:00
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-fi, Magical, Horror, Nation/World
Have you ever wanted to make a difference, to protect your nation against its enemies. Have you ever longed for a battle to show your true worth, a chance to matter.
This will certainly not be that kind of story, but a more realistic one from the viewpoint of soldiers in a much bigger conflict.

The question is, soldiers on what side?
The story will take place in a region of space called the Flower Sectors, specifically, the Dandelion Sector. Home to a bunch of different factions. The last couple of centuries has seen no big conflicts between the factions of Dandelion or those of the other sectors.
But no more than a few years ago, the Blue Star Union declared war on everyone else in the Dandelion Sector. It's armies appearing everywhere to accept surrender or perform the last rites of their enemies.
Their War of Expansion seemed without contest, but the opposing factions soon saw themselves allied against the common threat, and began to fight back, devising countermeasures for the BSUs superior technology and armies.
So like above, I ask of thee, would you rather fight for the Union, or its enemies?
Or it may be that you don't care for the war at all, and would rather explore the cold war to follow?
Welcome, and enjoy ^^

Lets start with the empire and then the rebels. Or yeah BSU first O___O

Interesting. Regardless of what's chosen, I'd be willing to make a character for this.

I like the underdog stories. Maybe post-occupational planet the BSU has taken after it refused to submit and surrender. That planets veterans and hopefuls start an insurgency?

That way there's a feeling of insurmountable odds, a good healthy fear for mortality, and all that comes with struggles of war.

Otherwise I'm also a fan of military scifi. Tentatively interested, regardless

Wonderful corporal kitten, we shall lay waste to the freeloaders!

@Beowulf lovely to hear :)

@Spectre I think there will be more than a feeling of "insurmountable odds", but we shall see how the votes fall. Would you be interested even if end up fighting for the BSU to begin with?

Tentative interest. Stomp the rebel scum into the dirt which they crawled from.

@FrostedCaramel The BSU welcomes your enthusiasm. It's their own fault for not realizing they would become rebels if they didn't surrender :3

I'll drop my interest here, and while I'll certainly roll out a character for both sides, my vote will be falling in for the BSU first. After all, could give interesting context and, if and when the resistance/rebel side comes up, contrast to why the BSU are doing their thing.

@Rax Rosetta I'm happy to hear that, and I have some of that context planned for both ^^
Now, I'd like to have at least two additional interest-showing players before I make the OOC. On that matter, there have been surprisingly few questions so far?

I'd like to express my interest! For either side!

I'll make two! Count me in for interest. ^_^

Here's a question: if we're talking sci-fi, what level of tech are we working with?

Glorious @Mahou-Shoujo @Shavynel I think I can work with these numbers.
Now for thé question:
I just gotta say that asking "what level of tech"... can be a pretty deep question, touching upon some of the more invested sience-fiction concepts. I'm guessing you aren't gonna be happy with me giving you something on the
(No faction within the Flower sector has reached Type 2 (many planets are not fit as Type 1 either,). Regarding the "minus-scale" most of the factions are touching minus 4 (ofc course not fully utilized, there is something called a tech-tree, as well as social and structural possibilities), the BSU on the other hand are touching on minus 5... because this gives me as the creator some very nice "handwavium" to work with ^^
Should be mentioned that I simplify this by not adding some of the more recent discussions regarding the Scale. Regarding some more society-focused concepts, most of the Sectors have a "commonly" known language and Planet-wide culture/economy/communication. Depending on the ruling factions said concepts may even be system or sector-wide. Remember that not all civilizations in the FS are at space-age, just... many of them.

Let me give a short overview mentioning some parts I find neccessary:
Quality of life:
Fusion reactors, Next-next gen Batteries
Simple Autonomous Robots, Brain Implants
Artificial organs, Cryogenics
Orbital settlements

Transportation:
Personal spacecrafts.
Spacecrafts capable of planetary and interplanetary flight.
Interstellar spacecrafts (will give more information in the OOC)
FTL, maybe, in some form/s, you'll see...

Military:
Think like this, there are "issues" with sci-fi weaponry. But yes there are high-tech weapons, of all three kinds (ballistic, beam and missiles in space and for troops all the fun to have, with some hard SF jabs in the stomach.

Everything regarding the tech-lvl and the history of this world will be made clearer in the ooc.

I hope I gave some useful information, otherwise it's just to ask again :)

Dear Powers, I'm making a double-post.
Now, for all those that are still interested in this thing, some excuses:
Have moved to a new apartment over the holidays, it as usual took more time to get settled than it should have.
Trying to make the situation in the story more reasonable and believable has forced the mapping of systems, supply-lines, step by step movements in the war up to this point, as well as backtracking to leave traces of the already (as per the RP) destroyed factions.
More final crystalization of the tech-levels and stuffs that will make this all the more... easy for me in regards to what you might want to do or decide... I have done the mistake before :)
Making sure the ranks and classifications of the army makes some kind of sense.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------​

Now then, I once more wish to clarify, this is a war-story. that just so happens to be played out in a sci-fi setting. You won't be superheroes, you will be soldiers, and the reason to join this story should be that. The grime and despair of war.

I will try to have the OOC up by this weekend, so to those still here, RIGHT LEFT AND MARCH!​

Well, I'm still here, never fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.