SCHOOL SUCKS: The Least/Worst Subject

What was your least favorite/worst subject in school?

• English

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Reading

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mathematics

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Science

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Social Studies (History)

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • P.E.

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Lunch

• Languages

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other... and I'll just say it here

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • SCHOOL IS MY LIFE! HOW DARE YOU BERATE SCHOOL!

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Meh, I don't know...

• I haven't heard of a school!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
English. Funny considering I love reading, writing, and roleplaying. However, I really despised English in high school. I hated being forced to read books I disliked, write boring essays, and essentially just do English. I think the teachers I had, which were either crazy, tough, or a mixture of both, didn't help. I've always been a math and a science girl. I took a business english course as part of my degree, and that was at least a bit better. PE (in high school) was a close second to my least favourite, but that was probably seven years ago and at least I could slide my way through with some effort and participation. I just hated English, being graded on my opinion and having what I thought was write to subjectively be called wrong. Ugh. I'm so glad I'm not in high school anymore!

Reactions: Hana
I hate Math because Math was BORING. BOOOOORIIIING. It drove my teachers insane because I always passed the tests, but I never did my classwork or my homework. So I failed because of pure defiant hatred. .__.;

I also hated Phys Ed, because LAZY AND AWKWARD. Unless it was Badminton or Track day. Those were the only days I bothered doing something other than sitting on the bleachers.

I obviously loved English. My Art class! Languages (that was middle school though, they wouldn't let me take one in High School), Cosmetology, History was fun cause I adored the way my teacher taught his classes. He told history like he was THERE. O_O

• Love
Reactions: IceChateau777
Just dawned on me I should add English, but for different reasoning.

The Classes themselves are relatively fine, there's not much to complain about (difficulty or teacher wise) and it is a rather easy course.
The problem is that in High School it was completely pointless/redundant.

Grade 9? "Here's a book a School Board has a hard on for! Oh, and here's a shakespeare play they also have a hard on for!"
And then repeat for Grades 10 to 12.

I get it, some people in the school board like books and Shakespeare, good for them?
But I'm learning nothing by being forced to read this stuff (especially when they pick all of Shakespeares weakest works... I mean Twelfth Night? Come on!).

"Oh, here's a chart on Plot, Theme, Beginning, Middle & End. Fill this in once or twice and you can write!".
Nah, English class taught me shit in regards to writing and story telling. I had to learn all that through forum roleplaying.

They taught nothing about proper essay structure, nothing about referencing and citation, and their coverage on writing stories was minimal.
Something I might add would have been really nice considering my first semester of college was giving us assignments that required us to already know this stuff, and they figured "Oh, let's have them take english class in this semester. So if they're meant to learn it obviously they already know it!". *Facepalm*

No Sheridan College, that doesn't work.
That's like making someone take Grade 10 and 11 Science at the same time.
Thankfully our instructors were understanding of this fact and went super easy on us with references and citations for the 1st semester.

Last edited:
Maths. I hate it. I wouldn't even take it if it wasn't a prerequisite for like, 95% of uni courses.

• Thank You
Reactions: IceChateau777
Status
Not open for further replies.