Scheduled Cbox Downtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me a few days. :/

BUT, the more people in there, the more laggy it gets. So it's like... more than two handfulls of people and it's all grr.

When we upgrade to 4.0 I may be using a different cbox code. >>

I propose we ration the cbox to keep it from lagging. *Is not serious, she just wants an excuse, ANY EXCUSE, to wear a CPC uniform.*

But in all seriousness, if you need help finding a better cbox program, I will volunteer to use my interweb surfing skillz for good, as opposed to my normal 'evil'.

*Doesn't know what the hell she's talking about.*

I think people are just having withdrawals.

You're probably right TK haha, after surfing for cboxes I now see which one or similar one is being used.

Niiiiiiiice.

Forcing us to go Cold Turkey is MEAN!

I don't care if it's good for me...I want to harass newbi...eh MEMBERS damnit!

please fix it soon? T_T

*Beats head repeatedly against the hole where the cbox was, eyes spinning lazily in their sockets*

Oh come on guys. It's not THAT bad.

I need a 12 step program.

12 step and AA is bull. It doesn't work.

Guys, we used to not HAVE A CBOX. It's not that hard.

I was adding my brains to the decor to hide its terrible absence. ;_; Now I have to go to the rant thread to vent!

THE RANT THREAD!!

Let's keep on track guys and not spam. This isn't insanity, it's announcements.

12 step and AA is bull. It doesn't work.

Guys, we used to not HAVE A CBOX. It's not that hard.

If you can't handle a few days of the cbox being down, then you should focus on the real purpose of the forum and that is to RP. Remember, Iwaku is not a cbox first, forum second, if that's what a member thinks, there's something wrong.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm getting used to not having one quickly. Metal Legion has accelerated as well, so that's good. I was joking about withdrawals.

...Whether I'll be on it less when it comes back is anyone's guess. >.>

If you can't handle a few days of the cbox being down, then you should focus on the real purpose of the forum and that is to RP. Remember, Iwaku is not a cbox first, forum second, if that's what a member thinks, there's something wrong.

Thank you.

Guys, it's ok.

if you guys really need to talk, get into a chat room on MSN, or chat thing on Skype. It's ok to want to talk to each other. What's wrong is thinking about Iwaku for its Cbox, and not it's RPs. It's like loving a donut for the missing part instead of the part you can actually eat.

Reactions: 1 person
Iwaku was flourishing in the days before the Cbox and we had some very awesome RPs. People used the stories as a way to define their personalities rather than some spam-box at the bottom of the page.

I didn't realise we had a Cbox until I was Global Mod, and every personality trait and reputation I had built before that was from getting involved in projects.

The Cbox is not the soul of Iwaku. It's the genitals. You can get a quick payoff but it doesn't enrich you.

Reactions: 2 people
Awwww.. Isabellas don't RPG.. Guess they will have to leave forever! *cries* .. Or maybe go back to invading Insanity...

So.... I compared the cbox to the missing part of a donut and Asmo compared it to genitalia....

Hell, I just think it's kinda useless, and unless you're unable to get an IM service, you should be using IMs and actually talking to each other, and maybe save it for the few who seriously may have no other way.

*Snickers about Mav who had Skype AND MSN, yet he NEEDED the Cbox ban to be lifted*

Look, all I'm trying to define, is an important aspect.

This probably hasn't been said in a while, maybe it will help.

When I first joined Iwaku, I KNEW that the name was japanese. Had to be, right? Not all that surprising or important. But what was important was the meaning of that word.

I believe I heard this from Asmo or Gabe.... Maybe Rory. Memory is fuzzy.... but this was clear.

I just looked it up, and it's still there. One of Iwaku's translations means "STORY".

Not Cbox. Iwaku is a RP community, and we have a name that goes along with it.

I don't know if that will help or not, but that means a lot to me. It really does.

So for those of you who are not happy about the Cbox's absence. Remember. The name of this site, in itself pertains to stories. You're more likely to be able to tell a story with others on a forum, rather than a 3''X5'' box that scrolls.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.