Online Availability
Varies due to health issues.
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Slice-of-Life, Adventure, Modern
It was a hard decision Kelly had to make, as she stood where a boss monster had just been defeated by members of her guild. She had a stern expression on her face as she weighed the options she had. There were scouts in the guild, but she didn't want to risk them at this point. Most of the guild members were pretty wiped out from taking down that monstrosity that ruled that particular level of the game world. "Everyone fall back," She said, looking at the man next to her. He was her right hand in this game, the one she trusted the most. And that's why she felt she had to tell him, "I'm thinking of calling on Wolf for help."

Kelly had dealt with the player known as Wolf a few times. He had a lot of information and skills, but his prices were... Well, they were kind of awkward, in her opinion. She was, after all, only sixteen years old. She shouldn't be doing certain things at her age, she'd always learned. But, she hoped with any luck, a warm meal would be enough for him. And so, she made the call, waiting for Wolf to answer.

Rikuo, the man that had stayed back with her, pulled at her shoulder slightly. "Are you sure this is a good idea? That guy's nothing but a scoundrel."

"It'll be fine, Rikuo. He's had my cooking before... And he usually has good intel to share. If nothing else, he might be able to help us find a cartographer."

Against his wishes, Rikuo simply stood at attention and stared at his guild leader. She'd do anything for the guild and for the fight in these underground floors of the game. She'd do anything to beat the game and survive. And sometimes, that worried Rikuo. Because she was reckless, and surely something unsavory could easily happen if he didn't stay by her side...

Wolf was in one of the underworld levels and he reached level five meaning he gained another summon slot of his legendary sword Blade Of The Dead. And he was tracking down a Elven Archer since he figured a long range Archer and scout would be the perfect addition to his summons.

It didn't take long to find her since he did make notes on each of the levels. The tricky part was getting at her. She was fast, agile and impossible to sneak up on. And on top of that she continually shot arrows at you every step of the way. But it was only a matter of time before Wolf got close enough. He slashed his sword through her bow and into her neck. A few red threads connected his blade to the Elf anyone would just think they were just strands of blood. But they weren't they were connecting to two together until Wolf decided if he wanted her or not. "Your mine." Wolf said and the strands tore from the body going to his blade causing his black blade to be surrounded by a red glow and a message appeared saying "summon slots full."

Wolf sheathed his sword and was going to head home but he got a message from Kelly a leader of a guild he worked with. A smile crossed his face as she was requesting his help. So he made his reply. "Stay where you are I'm on my way right now." Wolf sent his reply and made his way to the boss room killing any enemy in his way to gain Exp.

It took only a few minutes to arrive and has he arrived it seemed most of Kelly's guild had already left leaving only her and her second in command Rikuo. So wolf approached to two holding up a hand in greeting. "Yo Kelly and Rikuo, you called for me help?" Wolf said looking at Kelly. She was a good client either paying him with food or money. But soon enough money would carry less value as he already had a player home and was filling it with expensive furniture and decorations.

Kelly knew well that Wolf had a unique way of accepting payment, but she also knew he was reliable. She and Rikuo had just hit level five, meaning it was time to prepare for level six. Wolf was someone Kelly felt she could trust, even if he had his bad side. Everyone had some good in them, didn't they? That's certainly how Kelly preferred to see the world- even if she knew that it was wrong.

"It was Kelly's idea." Rikuo explained with a harsh tone. He'd never felt fully comfortable around Wolf. It was probably just because he had started looking at Kelly like the little sister he never had. Mostly, it was because Wolf just did things in ways he didn't like- and he doubted Kelly actually liked it either.

Kelly took a deep breath and began to explain, "I want to hire you to help find us a cartographer. We want to get a map set up as we head into the next level. Anyone you can think of?" Nonchalantly, she twirled her hair around her finger. Her hair was quite long, tickling her neck and hands whenever it moved around them. Twirling her hair was an old habit of her's, likely in hopes of getting points for being a bit shy- even though everyone knew she was a serious girl. A seriously impulsive girl, that was. "I know your usual price. What would you like for dinner tonight?"

Wolf looked at the two and they had level five titles above their heads. "Oh level five you guys have been busy too." Wolf said seeing that last time they were only level four. "It seems that he all got a level since our last meeting.

Wolf glared at Rikuo never really liking the guy but that was bound to happen. There are a lot of players that didn't like Wolf because of the way he did things. He was a good and reliable player and who knew it, so he took full advantage of it to get almost anything he wanted. "Of course it was her idea. She's the only one in the guild with any Brains." Wolf said to Rikuo trying to insult him saying Kelly was smart to call him and Rikuo was stupid not to.

"Oh." Wolf said he was surprised they were hiring to find a map maker not kill something and help gain exp. "I have a girl in mind she's a alchemist, Archer and scout. She does map making as well I think she's trying to get three levels quickly because of all the perks she could use. I kind of wish she was in a guild so I could request her as payment but she's probably like you and would try to offer anything else. Want me to take you to her shop so you can meet with her and discuss a price?" Wolf said as he thought of Mist. "And dinner how about some fettuccine alfredo." Wolf said he was honestly ask for more when she was there but he wasn't going to force anything on Kelly.

Rikuo felt the glare beaming through his skin. He more than happily returned the look, which luckily for them all Kelly had decided to ignore. She knew Wolf was a bit unusual in ways, but she knew she could trust his intel and aid. When Wolf mentioned she was obviously the ones with the brains, Kelly puffed her chest out and said, "I'm not the guild leader for nothing, you know. Intelligence is part of the job, as is delegating tasks."

"And you've decided to delegate Wolf here as our guide to a map-maker?"

"Wolf has a large network. He can find people for just about any job, I bet. He's even helped us personally a few times. Doesn't that show he's worthy of our trust? You really need to be more sociable, Rikuo."

The two were calling each other by name like it was no big deal, because to them, being stuck in this game was already trouble enough without worrying about net safety. "Fettucini alfredo it is," She told Wolf with a big grin. "I'll make a batch so good you'll think I'm a chef and not just a homekeeper. But for now... Lead the way."

Wolf and Rikuo were exchanging death glares at each other. Seeing as Rikuo didn't like how Wolf did things and Wolf didn't like Rikuo saying bad things about the way Wolf did things. But Wolf would rather look at Kelly who seemed pleased with his comment. She puffed out her chest which gave Wolf a good view. "Yea I'm order to become s guild leader you do need brains. And as far as I've seen and heard you havnt made a bad decision as leader yet. And your guild is still running strong." Wolf commented.

Wolf heard Rikuo's comment but Kelly was quick to jump in and defend Wolf. "See Rikuo Kelly trusts me. I may be Guild less but I have my connections. And you should trust me I've helped clear floors, bosses and even saved your life at one point." Wolf said referring to a time herb his summon shoved Rikuo out of the way of a giant chain being swung by the second underworld boss the Chained Giant.

"But before we go I need one more thing." Wolf said pulling out a book and the title was Wolf's Bestiary volume five. "You beat the boss without me so I will need it's information later to finish this book and release it then I can work on volume six." Wolf said referring to the books he produced with his scribe skill talking about the enemies and bosses in each underworld level.

"All the food makes you seem like a five star chef and know the food will get even better the more you level up. Now follow me." Wolf said as he lead the group back to the safe home world and through the shops until they stopped in front of one with a big sign above it reading Mist's homebrew potions and maps. "And here we are."

"We're a strong guild because we work as a team. There were a lot more of us here before I contacted you. I sent them all home to rest for a while, since they all worked hard and some were pretty badly beaten up. This beast was a hard one. Literally hard- it felt like I was trying to cut through stone at points."

Rikuo, meanwhile, wasn't too happy having to be reminded that this guy got him pushed out of the way during a boss battle. It was a rare moment of weakness, Rikuo always told himself. He was certain if Wolf weren't there, someone else would have saved him anyway. Mostly he thought that because Kelly hates seeing a man down in battle and does all she can to take the heat when someone's in danger. "I'll trust you for Kelly's sake," he finally blurted out. "But don't think for a second I owe you for getting me out of the way that time. I'm sure someone else would have if you didn't."

Kelly let out a soft sigh. "Let's not linger over the past, boys. We've got a map-maker to hire." She followed Wolf as he lead the way to their safe haven. As they entered the town, Kelly fond herself stretching heavily, some pain from the battle still lingering on. When Wolf got them to the map-maker's store, Kelly entered and called out in her indoors voice, "Excuse me. I'd like to hire Mist to make a map for me."

"Yea I guess you're right with that if you were just a random team with no coordination you probably would have died here. I guess having some members being worn out and beaten up a bit was a good result at least no one died or got permeant injuries."

"Yea Yea whatever you say slanted eyes." Wolf said waving off Rikuo with a insult. If it wasn't for the fact that dyeing in the game killed you in real life. Wolf would have attacked Rikuo to teach him a lesson but he wasn't going to flat our murder him because they disagree. But if Rikuo attacked Wolf he wouldn't hold back. But Kelly saw the potential heated argument and tried to step up and diffuse it bless her heart.

Wolf followed Kelly into the shop and their was a tall women behind the counter mixing a few potions together to create something new. And turned around to answer Kelly pointing to a table. "You came to the right place, I've got a map of every explored floor. They cost five gold a piece and don't forget to look at my potions they can offer a lot of benefits in battle." Mist said giving the trio a warm smile.

"That isn't what they need. They beat a underworld boss and need a map made for a new level." Wolf said and Mist was quiet looking to Kelly as if waiting for her to confirm what Wolf just said.

Kelly had a natural need to calm down the boys as they held each other in such low esteem. She could only wish she could do something to make them get along, but she knew that's all it would be- a wish. Once the fighting mostly stopped, she found herself smiling brightly. And, as they headed into the shop for their new map-maker, she couldn't help looking around at first. As a fellow alchemist, she saw the beauty and hard work put into the goods on the shelves.

Rikuo nudged his guildmaster, noting she was silently drooling a bit over her awe. Kelly laughed nervously when she snapped back to the task at hand, before nodding to Mist. "We just beat underground level five. As far as I'm aware, no one has gotten further than that. As such, we need to ask you to join us in making a basic map of level six. There shouldn't be too much danger, but even if there is, Rikuo and I can help protect you while you're focused on your work. I won't ask you to go right away, of course- I owe Wolf dinner anyway. But would you be willing to work with us on scouting underground floor six tomorrow? I can pay you a bit extra than your usual map fees if necessary."

"Wait, why are you making it sound like just us two are going?" Rikuo asked suddenly.

"Because we are. It's going to take time for everyone's wits to recover, you know? Besides, at least the early part of the new floor shouldn't be too hard. If we need another person, I can always buy some more of Wolf's time. He's pretty strong too, after all."

Mist found it somewhat comically that this new girl was literally drooling over all the potions Mist had on the shelves. But she was more surprised that the women said they just beat underground level fives boss unlocking level six. "A brand new level that's going to cost more then pre made maps seeing as we don't know what's coming. The map will cost 100 gold pieces and you will owe me for every potion we have to use during our exploration. Does that sound like a receptacle deal?" Mist said holding her hand out for Kelly to shake which would secure the deal. "And as long as I have front line fighters I can help in battle I'm a Archer after all and can offer support and long range AOE style attacks. So I'm looking forward to working with all of you. I'll begin packing a bag full of potions, bandages and healing powder." Mist then heard that Kelly was making Wolf dinner. "Wait your making Wolf dinner? Are you two dating?" Mist questioned she knew of Wolfs reputation and would be genuely surprised if he had a girlfriend.

"You need me to head along with I won't deny and besides you guys cleared a boss without it so you kind of have to take me with you into the next level." Wolf said in response to Kelly said she'd buy more of Wolfs time.

Kelly had to do the calculations in her head and checked her current level of currency. She had plenty to pay the price, so took the handshake. "I'll bring my own med-kit too. I'm not as good at alchemy as you are, probably, but I did take it up as a fun hobby. I try to make medicine for different situations to take on our trips into the underground, but I can't make more advanced things like you have here." A nervous laugh escaped her lips, until she was asked if she was dating Wolf.

Rikuo almost burst out laughing at the idea of Kelly and Wolf dating. Mostly because he couldn't see Kelly dating anyone when she was so focused on the guild and the quests.

"We're not dating," Kelly explained. "You probably know the things he accepts as payment for his help, right? One of them is food. I happen to have cooking skills, so I just make him meals since it's what I'm good at." She suddenly put her fist in her palm, as if banging a gavel on a podium. "I almost forgot, we haven't done proper introductions, have we?" She held her hand out again with a big grin. "I'm Kelly, guildmaster of Amaranthine. The gloomy guy behind me is Rikuo."

"Why do you always introduce me as the 'gloomy guy'?"

"Because you always look like you're in a bad mood." Kelly laughed, looking to Wolf. "He does, doesn't he? Am I the only one who thinks that?"

"If your not too good at alchemy I can teach you a few basic recipes like healing powder and bitter drinks. The powder does slow healing and you need bandages to keep it in place, and bitter drink which is a very basic healing potion. But it tastes like shit but it's cheap and easy to make which is why I make it."

Seems Wolf and Rikuo were more similar then they would care to admit because Rikuo was laughing and so was Wolf when Mist asked if Wolf was dating Kelly. "Man I wish that was the case." Wolf didn't even realize what he just said but the others may have.

Mist raised a eyebrow at Wolf saying he wished that him and Kelly were dating. Maybe he had a crush on a girl and that may help get rid of his horrid reputation. "Yea I know his reputation and I can't say I'm really a fan of what he asks for to be honest it's kind of sick for him to ask for sex as one payment. But I guess it's a good thing you can cook. Been a while since I've seen a guild leader as I've turned down joining any guild since they all said if I joined I'd have to offer a 75% discount on potions to members. And trust me I want out of here as much as anyone else but I can't just give away potions I need to live comfortably as well. So as a result I've never joined a guild unless I can find one with good offers and isn't just trying to take advantage of my potion making skills." Mist then took and shook Kelly's hand for the second time. "It's a pleasure to meet both you and I guess you already know my name is Mist."

"He does." Wolf said agreeing with Kelly. "So think we are done here if so we can get going before it's too late because we will have a lot of work tomorrow." Wolf said.

Kelly had a blank stare on her face when she heard Wolf's reaction to the question she so blatantly answered with a 'no'. Did she hear that right? Did Wolf actually want to date her? The question spurred her face to redden ever so slightly, as she rapidly shook her head to clear her mind of thoughts about that possibility. Dating was a complicated issue to Kelly in the real world, and as such, it was still complicated to her in this world. Besides, with Wolf's reputation, she couldn't say for sure if she could tame him enough to keep him from cheating on her. A soft sigh escaped her. It was a nice thought, somehow, but it just seemed to worry her too much to think comfortably.

"I see. It's true that most guilds try to get a discount from their crafters, but I personally don't believe in that. The most I've ever asked for is 25% maximum. Usually, I just pay the normal price that other people pay. I tend to be the biggest customer- I spend a lot, so some of our crafters give the weaker members a small discount, but they make up for it with my business."

Rikuo put his finger to his chin. "Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I pay full price too. I had to get a new sword recently, and it cost me a fair amount."

"You really need to practice your swordsmanship more, Rikuo. I have proper training, but you don't. I'll train with you sometime, okay? I'll teach you everything kendo taught me." When Wolf mentioned it seemed they were done, Kelly nodded in agreement. "Let's head to your place then for dinner. Mind if I make enough for both of us?"

Mist noticed Kelly's face redden and she shook her head. Was she actually embarrassed that Wolf said he wished they were dating? Or was she actually thinking of it. Mists eyes went back to Wolf he wasn't a bad looked and his body wasn't too bad either. So saying a guy like that is enticing but his reputation was always worrisome. But if Kelly was interested they were going to Wolfs place to eat and could discuss it more privately.

"Nice to know that a guild like that actually exists. I never thought their would be one. I may have to take a look at your guild see if it's something I'd like to join. If your accepting new members that is." Mist would say when talking about any discounts that would be given in their guild.

Wolf was glad to be done he was getting hungry and Kelly's food never disappointed. "I've got no problem with you making enough for both of us to eat. Your the chef so make as much as you want. Ive got enough plates for both of us to eat anyways." Wolf would say when Kelly asked if she could make some for herself as well.

"Our guild is always happy to welcome anyone that wants to join," Kelly chimed with a happy-go-lucky, cheerful attitude about her. "We're not a very strict guild, by any means, but I think it's nice to have a group you can rely on in the hard times. Our members are all very good people."

Rikuo looked away. Kelly was always saying niceties about the guild, because she saw it with rose-colored glasses. He knew a lot more than she did that there were some members who didn't get along at all. Actually, he had a feeling she did know- but she sure didn't act like it. She was the headstrong leader, but also the lackadaisical referee and mediator. It was tough work running a guild. That's why he admired her, but also why he helped her- because it was a tough role to play for one person alone.

With Kelly planning to go to Wolf's place, Rikuo turned around and looked back at Mist. "I'll be your frontliner tomorrow, along with Kelly. Let's get along well, Miss Mist." He grinned for just a moment, before saying his goodbyes to Kelly and begrudgingly to Wolf, before wandering off in the distance to head to his own home.

"Lead the way, Wolfy. I don't know where the residential area is from here."

"Yea it seems like most of the smaller guilds are more tight nit then the bigger more powerful ones. And it makes joining the smaller ones easier and you can get to know the members easier."

"I'll be looking forward to work with you. If you can keep enemies away from me I can promise to provide as much help as I can from a distance. But with my pin point accuracy know every arrow I let loose will be a deadly shot to my enemies." Mist said giving Rikuo a salute as he left and one to Kelly and Wolf.

Wolfy that wasn't a nicknamed used often it was almost like a couples nickname. And Mist giggled at that. "Oh what a wonderful nick name." Mist said with a smug smirk on her face.

"Really using that name publicly now I need to get a nice nick name for you as well." Wolf said as he lead the way through the shops and to his home. He unlocked the door letting Kelly in where she could go to the kitchen and he would set up the table. "Want anything to drink maybe something like wine?" Wolf said the game had no age restrictions on buying wine so even though they were under 21 he still had a expensive liquor cabinet full.

Rikuo laughed a bit when Kelly used the nickname on Wolf- it really did seem like something a couple would do, but he was used to Kelly not really observing norms regarding relationships. After all, she failed horribly at trying to remember what honorific to use on him when they first met in another game. Hell, he had a nickname for her as much as most people in the guild did. It was a nice ending to an uncomfortable situation, in his eyes. He didn't say a word about it as he left. So, Kelly stood confused as to why there were any reactions to her nickname for Wolf.

When they got to his home, she waltzed inside without a second thought, finding the kitchen easily since she'd been there to cook a few times before. He offered her wine, but she shook her head. "I avoid things that would be illegal in real life in games too. Besides, it alters your perception to a degree, and it could affect my cooking. It'd be no good if my food ended up tasting bad because I wasn't fully acute, am I right?"

She gave him a wide grin, before starting to boil some water in a pot, preparing to make the pasta. She got another pot simmering ingredients for the sauce, digging through the cabinets for garlic and a garlic press. She was sure she'd snuck one into a drawer the last time she was there. "By the way, have you been eating alright since last time I cooked for you? I know you get other types of payment than a home cooked meal. You are eating, right?"

Wolf set up the table and Kelly declined the wine saying it was illegal and she needed her sense to make food correctly. "Well I didn't expect you to drink it now. I was meaning you could drink it while we eat. So it wouldn't affect with your cooking skills. And don't worry I won't take advantage of you if you get drunk because even though I take certain payments, I will not take advantage of a drunk women that's too much on the line of rape." Wolf would say. So he takes sex as a payment but won't take advantage of a drunk girl.

"Yea I get a lot of jobs so I get paid with money as well. So seeing as I don't have any cooking skills myself I have to go out and buy food that's already able to be eaten. So I still do eat. I'm beginning to wonder what you would have said if I said I wasn't eating. What would you have done if I said I havnt been eating since you last made food what would you do?" Wolf was questioning another bonus of having Kelly over to make him food gave them a chance to have more private conversations.

She chuckled a bit, smiling over to him. "I wasn't worried about you taking advantage of me. Even I know better than that about you. You've never pushed yourself on me for payment, after all. You always accept my cooking instead- which I greatly appreciate, since it's fun for me. It reminds me of home." She turned her head back to the food cooking on the stove. It was hard not to wonder if her baby brother was getting enough to eat with a nanny or something now that she was stuck in a game. Was he crying right now while her body laid in a coma? She was the closest thing he had to a mother. And that was why Kelly had to work hard to get out of this place... Even if it was a fun adventure, it wasn't good for her family.

"If you said you weren't eating, I'd worry and probably have to come more often payment or not. I think of you as a friend at this point, so it's only natural I'd want to make sure you're keeping an eye on your health. My goal is to be a nurse, after all. Thinking about people's health is part of the job, isn't it?"

As she noticed the food was close to completion, she began to mix the pasta with the sauce she'd made, before bringing it in a serving container to the table. She was quick to turn off the oven, and rinsed out the pots she used with hot water and soap, before setting them down to take a moment and enjoy the food while it was hot. "I hope you'll like it. I've only made this dish a couple times in the past, but I think I perfected my recipe this time."

"Yea even though I ask for sex as a payment I would never be a man to force myself onto a women. Quickest way to a guys heart is through his stomach right? So it's only natural that I would accept food as payment. The three things that I want are things that are either needed or makes living here more bearable. And I guess you need a little something to remind you of home, even if this seems like such a more exciting life then it was outside of the game. I do think it's funny how many nerds wanted this to happen but they are next to no use now because their real bodies were no wear near the shape they had to be in to do what they want."

"Well maybe I should have said I'm not eating just so I'd have you around more to make me dinner since you are a awesome chef. Well it's nice to see that we both consider each other friends even though I don't consider Rikuo a friend."

"Oh I'll like it I have no doubt your food is always good so I'm sure your pasta will taste great. Now why did you call me wolfy earlier that is a name I think a couple would use. And last time I checked we are not dating." Wolf said if Kelly wanted to bring up how he said he wished they were dating now would be the best time to ask.