SAO: Shattered Dreams (June and Love)

"Yea I guess it doesn't really matter what you friend thinks. But I know some people value their friendship more then a relationship but if he's a real friend he can get over his dislike of me and just be happy for you."

"Since we will gathering loot throughout the floor maybe we should all carry a empty bag and then if we get too much loot we can distribute it evenly."

"Or I can just have my summons carry it but just know if my summon goes down we will have to retrieve said bag. So if I start losing summons we may want to retreat until I can get them back." Wolf would say in response to Rikuos order of Wolf being on bag duty. "I only have four summons right now and ones a scout so she's not suited for carrying a bag. And once the bags are full we'll need to return to drop off loot or sell some."

"Rikuo and I have known each other for a few years already. He tends to trust my judgment. So, like it or not, he'll leave us be." She smiled, enjoying the chatter. Thinking about the past, though, was sometimes tough. She couldn't help worrying about her baby brother, and that just came rushing back.

She had to get home. For a lot of reasons.

Rikuo shrugged. "We'll manage as much as we can, without letting ourselves end up in big danger. Like you said, we have a scout on our side. They're usually helpful in predicaments to help avoid danger, aren't they?"

"They are, but we can't say for certain what kind of danger there will be. So it's best to act with caution." Kelly mused. "We might need the summons to help us fight, so I'm worried about using them as pack mules... But we'll manage it somehow. We can always make short trips while we're mapping, right?"

"Well at least he's nice enough to trust your judgement and leave us be. He may not like it but in the end it is your choice in the end and not his."

"And one of my summons I got is a Elf archer scout I can send her with Mist which means she will have a bit of back up when scouting ahead." Wolf would say.

"I guess if anything I can have the one known as shield be the only one carry bags since he uses a shield to block attacks so he's a guardian and has very little in offensive attacks."

Kelly gave a blank stare when Wolf mentioned his elf archer could be in charge of being backup when Mist went on ahead. "I was going to take care of the front lines at all times," she mused. "I'm used to being at the front to take the blows."

"This isn't a guild raid or something like that, Kelly," Rikuo retorted. "It's good you want to protect people, but at least try to remember to protect yourself too, especially in this situation, please? You know what happens if you die here..."

"I'm very well aware of that fact." Kelly groaned. "I have no plans to die anytime soon. I have to get back to reality. My brother depends on me. I can't let him down."

Wolf looked back to Kelly. "I think you miss understood me my Archer is a Archer so we'd be in the front lines as she shot arrows from a distance just like Mist."

"And don't worry about protecting everyone here Kelly I can get my summons back so we can just protect each other so that I actually life isn't lost."

"I'll probably bring out wall the shield user summon I have he's pretty good at blocking attacks but has little use when it comes to offense."

Kelly laughed nervously- she'd totally forgotten in all this time what an archer did. With all the games she'd played over her life, whether it was solo RPGs or MMOs, she'd never forgotten much about the other skill sets different characters had. She blushed heavily upon realizing her mix up. Rikuo noticed and chuckled.

"It's fine to forget things sometimes, Kelly. No one's perfect. Besides, in our situation, it'd be weirder if you didn't get lost in it all."

"It's funny because I used to always play rearguard characters before this game." Kelly admitted. "It's a good thing we have multiple people for both vanguard and rearguard this time."

"I'll remain in the middle to be safe. Besides, I can't beat either of you two in a fight, so likelihood is it's safer for me to do that anyway- besides the fact that having someone in the center is usually a good plan."

Kelly nodded. "As usual, I'll take care of tanking. You can count on me, guys." She smiled confidently, putting her hand out flat. "C'mon, huddle up. Let's get in the zone!"

"Shouldn't we wait until we're actually there for that though...?"

"Don't worry guys I've got a couple summons that could play rear guard and front. I'll have apeman, wall and my spear user join us in the front while the archer stays in the back with Mist while Rikuo stays in the middle to help finish off any that get past us." Wolf would say.

They arrive in front of the travel stone that will automatically transport them into the next level called the Vast Swamp.

Kelly stood staring at the travel stone for a moment after they arrived. Something about this stone, which they'd already used many times, had always intrigued her. Maybe it was the markings on it, or maybe it was just its power- but she always felt a strange energy from it. It took a moment for Rikuo to snap her out of the daze it put her in.

"It looks like we'll be at a swamp next. I hope no one here minds getting a little dirty." Rikuo mused.

"Swamps have a lot of mud, so who knows? The fights might be good for our skin."

"Always looking for the health benefits as usual, I see." Rikuo chuckled.

Kelly smiled brightly. "If we don't keep track of our health while we're here, it could ruin our health when we return. Now, let's get going. To the Vast Swamp!"

"I wouldn't recommend getting in the water. We are going into the swamp who knows what creatures reside their or if the water is even safe to touch. So for all we know the swamp water may contain leech's or even be poisoness and we're bound to be covered with blood from our enemies so who knows if the mud will even matter."

"Blood comes out of cloths swamp mud does not." Mist said as if it was obvious. But Wolf was just staring at her after that comment. "Don't ask me how I know that." She said seeing that everyone was starring at her after that off hand comment.

"He makes a good point," Rikuo mused begrudgingly. Wolf had his smarts, he'd hand him that. "My original implication was in case we splash the mud onto us during attacks and defence."

Mist's comment got a confused glance from Kelly, who then snapped her fingers. "Mist has a lot of experiences in life I don't, I think. I'll have to learn from her- 'cause I've never seen a swamp in boston besides when the water table rises."

"Seriously Kelly, one of these days you're going to get yourself a stalker if you keep giving out your personal information so freely." He gave Wolf a curious glance. "You, scold her too sometimes."

"It'll be fine. I'm already pretty good at kendo."

"You're going to get in trouble eventually if you rely on a wooden sword you shouldn't be carrying at all times to protect you..."

Kelly turned to Wolf with a broad smile. "Then Wolf will just have to help protect me too, right?"

Rikuo turned to Mist. "Sorry about her. She's actually insanely bright, but her common sense is... well... You kinda see it already, right?"

"Careful with the mud though because if you get it in your eyes or too much behind to harden and make you slower you won't be in for a good time. Especially fighters like us who rely more on speed rather then high defense. But I guess mud isn't going to be too good for my leather and cloth armor."

"No need for me to scold her she's old enough to care of herself and besides if she's as good in kendo as she is her she'll be fine. And maybe you should learn to use a smaller weapon thats easier to conceal or learn hand to hand combat. Because I'll help protect you as I can but I can't be with you all the time."
Wolf would remark.

"I can tell that she's a little ditzy but girls like that are still good to be around. I'm more serious and I have a lot of experiences some good some bad I just try to apply the knowledge from the real world to this world and some of it has been true. So I'm wondering how much more will ring true." Mist said.

Rikuo had to admit, he liked this Mist girl. She said things as she saw them quite honestly, and she had a good thought process overall. Her words made him smile a bit.

"Yep, definitely ditzy... But that's part of what draws people to her, I think. Her unrestrained need to take care of people, even at the cost of her life."

Kelly was already walking ahead, turning around and yelling to Rikuo to hurry up. She told the others the same, but in a much nicer way- she knew Rikuo could handle her scolding pretty well, after all.

"Let's get going while the going's ago." She said, before returning to her cautious stance, beginning to head into the swamp. She looked for the best above-sludge route, waving to the others when she found one. "This way!"

"The ditzy personality seems to attract guys to girls at least from what I've seen at least. And I can see why she is attractive. But Kelly seems better then the ones I've seen before, from what you say she's intelligent, and strong, with her need to defend others shows that she is a deserving leader. And considerate it seems." Most commented when she yelled at Rikuo to hurry up but a nicer way to the others. But must moved up to Rikuo and Kelly quickly. She held out her bag of potions to Rikuo. "Hold this." She demanded before searching through the bag to pull out a large piece of parchment as well as some vials of black ink and a quill. "You guys stay here I'll scout ahead and work on the map."

"Keep a eye out." Wolf said as he stopped when Mist said she wanted to go ahead. Wolf pulled out a small book. And it was titled underworld level Vast Swamp. And he began to write about the trees, water and small path.

"Yeah, a lot of guys like the urge to protect a ditzy girl brings, but Kelly doesn't need protecting all that often. In fact, she isn't a fan of being protected if it can be helped. She got really pissed at me once for trying to block an attack from hitting her in another game- a game that was a lot safer than this one."

As Mist ordered him to take the bag, he obliged and held it for her. He was surprised when she wanted to go ahead alone, and worried a bit, but Kelly put a hand on his shoulder. "She'll be fine. I can tell she's strong just by the look in her eyes. Instead, why don't you tell me who you were calling a ditz before?"

Rikuo laughed nervously, before looking to see what Wolf was up to. "We should be doing something useful too," He said. "We can't wander off, but we can't just let Mist and Wolf do all the work."

Kelly nodded and skipped over to Wolf. "Any way I can help with that? I can guard you, but I feel like that's not enough. Plus it looks like Rikuo wants to play the bodyguard for us today. Worry-wart needs to focus on that so he doesn't run after Mist all on his own."

Mist moves ahead with her bow drawn in case she does spot any trouble she returns within a few minutes. "Looks like the path branch's off in three directions up ahead but it does leave a open area if we want to move up there to continue. I've noticed a few animals like foxes and squirrels. And from a distance the I could see them foaming from the mouth meaning they have rabies. Killing them confirmed it they are listed as rabid. So do not let any of the animals bite you and I wouldn't recommend taking the meat back to cook."

"Writing a book on new level isn't too hard. All I need to do is know if the water is poisoned and what the enemies on the level are like. But once in battle I will fight and write info after that." Wolf said pulling out his blade and summoning the Elven Archer who followed after Mist. "There that should help her in case she does run into trouble."