RWBY - Feral Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nyx noticed that Demi wasn't too thrilled at the prospect of being assigned in teams though it looked like she wouldn't mind if they were paired in the same theme though. She had to admit that she was anxious at the prospect of getting paired with other strangers in terms of their level of skill and their personality. Demi already gets a pass for her personality alone so whatever semblance she may have, Nyx wouldn't give any further thought on it. But the two other individuals, she wished would be very talented. She was fully aware that it would be nigh-impossible to get paired with someone of the Pillars or Apep, Rust and Sloth's level of skill but she still wished those two would be decent.

"Hehe... I'll be happy as long as we're partners. Although I really hope the other two people we're going to have as teammates would be talented. Though I may sound a bit arrogant for saying that considering you haven't seen me in combat, much less know about what my semblance does, huh?" She mused nonchalantly.

Afterwards, she asked her what her locker number was as they were heading to the locker rooms. From what the person she handed her weapon had told her, their stuff would be brought to the locker room so she was expecting her precious Sidewinder to be inside her locker. Otherwise, she may resort back to her old habits and give the staff she talked to one heck of a nightmare tonight.

"Hmm... my locker seems to be a bit far off from yours. #2143 if I remember correctly. I hope you're going to be fine if I leave you for a wee bit. I promise to be quick."Nyx said urgently before hurrying off to her locker. She did so in such a manner that Demi might not have heard her at all before she rushed off.

Fortunately for her and that staff member, she found her beloved weapon stashed away neatly inside her locker. She was so delighted to see the two hybrid blades once again that she practically hugged them both. Nyx would have brought them with her to sleep had she not remembered that weapons must remain in the locker rooms most of the time.

"I'll come back for you." She whispered to them before tucking them away back inside her locker and getting her sleeping equipment.

Now that she's done getting her stuff all sorted out, she hurried to where Demi was only to see her hands---

"Geezus!!" She exclaimed after seeing her hands on fire. Demi was panicking, that much was visible, but it doesn't seem like the fire is harming her at all. Deductive reasoning suggest that she must have generated the fire using her own ability, pointing out that it was her semblance, so as a result, she isn't getting hurt by the blazing inferno engulfing her hands. Although, from the looks of it, the same principle does not apply to her apparel.

If the situation was really urgent, she would have used her semblance right away to flood the entire room just to extinguish the fire but since she doesn't look hurt, and she isn't roasting anyone alive just yet, Nyx thought that calming her down was the best course of action right now.

Without hesitation, she marched straight towards her, hugged her from behind and gently stroked her head in an attempt to calm her down. As she was doing so, she touched something soft and she realized those were her ears.

"She's a faunus? I'm surprised but I shouldn't shout it out loud. She must be hiding that fact from everyone." She thought. Now, Nyx was more careful not to stimulate her ears, otherwise they may pop out for the entire locker room to see and that might tarnish their new-found friendship right off the bat.

"Calm down, Demi. It's me, Nyx. I'm here so everything's going to be all right. Just take some nice deep breaths and visualize yourself putting out the fire. I know you can do it. I believe in you." Nyx whispered gently to Demi's ear in a soothing voice as she embraced her ever so tightly and stroked her head carefully.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Her hands were really flaring by the time Michael mentioned his Dust rounds again. Her panic tried to flare a bit as he mentioned such things and she could only think of the original explosion earlier that had set her to sneezing in the first place. Then he told her not to panic while stepping back away from her. She couldn't her the tightening of her pupils as she glared at him a bit. Her face clearly reading 'YA THINK!?'

"GGEZUS" rang over her sensitive ears and she picked up the voice instantly her head snapping in the direction of Nyx as she came on the scene. The pleading look in her face was obvious. Then Nyx took charge coming to her side wraping her arms about her while avoiding the fire to embrace her. Demi's body froze not so … used to people being cuddly with her. And the moment Nyx's hands touched her ears, she would damn near be paraliyzed. But oddly enough the more terrified Demi go in Nyx's arms the less the flames glowed. Demi's pink eyes slowly looked at Nyx and a whole new plea came to her face

~Please don't tell~ She wished she had telepathy instead of this fire! Finally the last little cinder of blue fell away from her and she blinked slowly disengaging Nyx's arms about her her head tilted down her cheeks crimson she turned and scampered out of the locker rooms her stuff stored she had no reason to be here now! Such a fool, a bloody fool!

She made it back to the grand hall they were to sleep in and curled up in a tight ball close to and underneath the steps half concealed using only her rook sack as a pillow her bright peek eyes leered out from her shadowy spot as she watched others come in.

He watched her sister? It made sense, he thought as he watched the scene play out. Then the fires died down and she rushed out the room, and he sent something after her. "The offer to shoot you is still open!" He called after her, good naturedly. Michael looked at the small crowd watching the exchange. Some glared at him, and that caused him to shrug, all "can't blame me for trying."

He made his way back to the locker and checked over everything again. He made sure his weapon and ammuniton could be reached quickly in case of an emergency. He took off his sunglasses and rubbed his eyes. He would have to walk around some more to build more of a map of the area.

Sitting on a bench, he activated the monocle HUD and scanned for any radio frequencies. The receiver picked up most bands, and he could descramble and listen in on some encrypted ones if he wanted.

• Love
"What an interesting speech." Azurro said, clapping half-heartedly after the announcement. The words mostly went in one ear and straight out the other - it wasn't anything he hadn't heard before. Hell, if anything it made him feel nostalgic of his time in Sanctum. Rubbing his chin as he walked down the hallway to the locker room, he let his mind wander.

He had arrived at Beacon earlier during the morning and was afforded the luxury of putting his things away. He had... Strange feelings about the place. It was marvelous, without a doubt, but it 'felt' the same as Sanctuary... And he didn't know how he felt about that. Stepping into the locker room, he stayed near the door as he watched the spectacle take place, his eyes narrowing as his arms folded across his chest.

"Oh, great, freaks..." He muttered under his breath, watching the faunus with the flaming hands closely. Letting out a rough sigh, he made his way to his locker, doing his best to ignore the happenings involving the faunus. Grabbing a few of his things, he glanced out of the corner of his eye when the girl ran away and he closed him locker, an uninterested yet slightly pleased expression on his face. He didn't hate faunus by any means, but he really disliked being around them. They were just... Unnecessary trouble.
_________

Rubbing the back of his neck, Onyx was kind of curious as to what was going on with Michael and Miss-Flaming-Jazz-Hands, but at the same time he didn't want to instigate it any further. Watching as the faunus girl ran off, he was going to ask Michael about what happened, but then Michael walked off too. Blinking as he stood in the locker room that was slowly emptying, the faunus was pretty content. If enough people left, he could probably get away with spending the night in the locker room. He'd have to be dragged out kicking and screaming - quietly - if someone expected him to sleep in a room with a bunch of other people.

• Love
Nyx was genuinely dumbfounded after what had just happened. After trying to calm down Demi as gently as she could, the latter gave her a terrified, pleading look before running off back to the main hall. This left Nyx quite dejected, thinking that what she had done only made matters worse. The crazy fellow who offered to shoot Demi's hands with ice-dust infused bullets also seems to have left without saying a single word to her, making her think further that what she had done in that situation didn't aid in resolving the conflict.

"At least her hands are no longer on fire... I just wanted to help." She said to no one in particular in a weak voice.

For a period of 10 minutes, she just stood in her spot, unmoving, as she played out that scenario in her head and thinking of what was the better course of action that she should have taken in that particular situation. Students who were eager to socialize or get some shut eye idly passed her by, paying no heed to her whatsoever. It was until she noticed that she was practically the only student in the the locker room that she began to snap out of her contemplative trance and start towards the hall. That was until she noticed another student purposefully waiting for her to leave. From the looks of things, he didn't want to sleep with the others, opting to sleep in the locker room instead. However, Nyx was certain he'd get in earful in the morning either from the blonde huntress or the headmaster, himself, if he ever did that.

"Um... I don't know if you were informed but sleeping in the locker room is prohibited. That Ozpin guy said that all students should sleep in the hall instead so if you insist on camping here for the night, you might regret that when you woke up." Nyx warned. "You can sleep next to me if you'd like. I don't bite. I'm planning to sleep next to a friend as well but she's a lot like you so I'm sure she would have settled for a place away from most of the other students. The name's Nyx, by the way. Nyx Norost." She said enthusiastically, though if one were observant, they would be able to hear the twinge of sadness in her voice. "So, how about it? It's not everyday that a guy gets to sleep next to two cute girls, hehe." She jested.

• Love
Turning to Nyx when she approached him, Onyx watched her carefully while listening to her words. Yeah, he had figured he wouldn't be able to sleep in the locker room but he could try, dammit. Hearing her plans to bed with her friend, he was initially curious as to how it was relevant to him.

"So, how about it? It's not everyday that a guy gets to sleep next to two cute girls, hehe."

"It's not everyday that a guy gets to sleep next to two cute girls, hehe."

"Oh c'mon, Oni, what's wrong?" Aracel hicced out, hugging his head as he groggily glared at her. A peaceful night's rest - that was all he wanted. When Aracel went out for drinks, he had hoped she would have fallen asleep behind a dumpster again. But no - she made it back to their apartment. With an equally drunk friend. So, here he was, uncomfortable squished between two drunk women. Yeah, ideal situation, right? Well, when things involved Aracel, things that normally would be 'good' turn out bad.

Kind of like that one time she baked a pizza and blew up their entire apartment unit.

That was fun.

"He's so..." The other woman was cut off as she puked, the spew splashing across the faunus' face as he laid still, just barely quivering. Staring at the ceiling, he let out a quiet plea for help, though he knew no one would help him.

Fuck his life.

Blinking, he stared at Nyx, a nervous expression on his face. Chewing on his knuckle, he began to mumble out a slew of questions.

"Are you an alcoholic? Do you drink socially? Are you drunk right now? Is your friend an alcoholic? Do you have a 401K? Do you have a stable retirement plan? Dental plan? Life insurance? Do you..."

With indecipherable mumbling, Onyx was so caught up in his own rambling and painful flashbacks of Aracel's drunken antics he could have literally been dragged off without realizing it.

• Love
Demi had remained in her spot until nightfall. Many of the people barely noticed her until they were either nearly on top of her. She was so unsure of everything, when she'd been so sure having left her brother and their home…

Now she was surrounded by even MORE strangers than before it seemed. She was not liking this, not liking this in the least. Her pink eyes would dart left then right, searching over people and their things before moving to the next. She felt the urge to make a break for the outside, when was the last time she'd even SLEPT inside like normal people.

She grumbled her discontent and tugged at the fine fur of her ears on either side of her head while her knees were drawn to her chest. Her mane of hair was spread about her like a drapery. She was keen to remain in this spot until everyone else was out. With the sun seeting she could feel herself waking up finally, the only time Demi wasn't sure to pass out in an impromptu cat nap. Once everyone was asleep then! She would make a break for outside, she decided while continuing to watch those around her.

So they wanted her to sleep Where Exactly? The idea the absolute brevity of the situation was that they were expecting her to sleep in a place surrounded by hundreds of others. A crimson brow quirked high over displeased golden eyes while the fingers on her right hand mindlessly twirled the ends of her long crimson hair. The very hair she'd been named for actually, was her pride, and her families pain. She looked the part of a Bastard in a Blue Blood Family. Oh no the horror on the family album. She dropped the ends of her hair and smirked suddenly.

A few of the hotter 'peers' made their way by her in the doorway and her brow would only arc more so. "Not all bad I suppose after all" She said as mischief danced in her golden orbs. She had only just returned from her shower, and storing her shit in a locker, another insidious annoyance she'd decided having to find places for all her custom cartridges! So standing in the door way with only a spaghetti string strap tank and a pair of boy shorts her arms would fold over her chest as she started to hunt for a place to stop for the night. She wanted a bed dammit! Not a ruddy floor!

Huffing she would dropp her arms and finally marched into the room fully. Her fingers twining behind her back as she walked and 'Observed' her new class mates. Was this going to be so much different from Signal she wondered as many of these people acted like children pure and simple. Point in the matter, was when a pillow came hurtling towards her head at break neck speeds having missed it's intended target!

The red head was nailed in the back of her head. Quiet fell from the assailant and those of his friends as she turned her golden eyes on them. Now holding the pillow and a wicked grin she asked "Which one of you threw this?" Then without even waiting for a reply she would fling it back at the boy and then everything would seem to explode as pillows blankets, hell even some students started to hurl themselves across the room. It was pure madness and Anarchy already! She loved it!!!!

Karmyne Indigo would BE THE CHAMPION!!![/hr]

Leaning against a wall, Azzuro merely observed silently as everything went to hell. Before heading into the sleeping quarters he had wandered around Beacon to get better acquainted with his new home. He liked the place - it was nice and tidy, though he knew that didn't mean much. If his experience would be defined by the state of the academy, he knew it'd be absolutely mint, but... He'd have to deal with others, which always threw a wrench in stuff. After eating, he had showered and made his way to the shared sleeping area in a pair of pajama pants and t-shirt, pillow tucked beneath his arm.

Then a pillow fight broke out. Or rather, a projectile fight, because some of the things being through - students - definitely weren't pillows. Looking over the crowd, mostly searching for the culprit behind the sudden disruption, his eyes landed on a red-haired girl.

Damn red-haired people. He'd watched enough Chinese cartoons to know they were the source of like, 90% of all conflicts. And it was a girl which increased the ability to cause disruptions by like... 30%. Sighing, he shook his head as a student flew across his vision. Should he get involved in it...?

Naw.

Too much work.

He'd just wait for them all to tire out then find a spot to crash.

Easy plan, easy life.

• Love
The rest of the day was Michael wandering, building a mental and digital map of campus. Every alley, nook and cranny was memorized, because that may just save his life. As the sun fell from the sky, and darkness began to claim the land, he headed for the Hall they were all supposed to sleep in.

He walked in on chaos, and froze. The screams, good nautured as they were, set off a chain of memories. Dull thumps, whistling, the crashing of shells. Then he heard it. He stood there in the doorway, frozen, wide eyed as the flashback played before his eyes. He did not see a room full of people his age having fun, he saw a room of people his age dead, dismembered, the rank smell of death permeating the air. The roof collapsed, pee trapped and moaning under the rubble.

He had failed and survived, again.

No.

He squeezed his eyes shut and turned, walking quickly away from the building, the audio track of his memories still playing. When he thought he was out of sight, bear some trees he fell to a knee, closing his eyes tightly. One hand reached out to touch the bark to support himself as he tried to force the memory away.

Nyx expected the guy who wanted to sleep in the locker room, away from the people, to be quite anti-social. What she didn't expect was how much of a muttering mess this guy was. He discharged question after question towards her at practically the same rate a machine gun shoot out bullets for crying out loud! And what's this about asking her if she had a retirement plan, a dental plan, and a life insurance? Is this guy really supposed to be a student? He sounds more like a salesman...

"Or maybe he's asking all these things because... wait is he in to me? Nah. That's impossible. Although I could probably tease him a little." She thought while giggling mischievously in her head. "Still, I need to answer some of his questions at least."

"No. Yes. No. My friend is dead. Don't know what that is, Nope, Nah, although I think I have life insurance. Not sure. What's with all these questions, anyway? Almost seems like you're asking me all of this because you're interested in marrying me. Hehe. Well not just yet, lover boy. We haven't even gotten on our first date yet, much less, I don't even know your name." Nyx said teasingly before deftly picking the nervous wreck of a student and slinging him over her shoulder. Her appearance may have betrayed the fact that she is quite strong as evidenced by the gawking stares of the other students who saw the two of them coming out of the locker room. With the boy in such a position, it almost seems like she had gone hunting and took the boy as her trophy.

"The name's Nyx, by the way. Nyx Norost. And whether you like it or not, you're going to be my sleeping buddy." She stated frankly with an enthusiastic smile on her face.

It was at that moment that she remembered Demi, prompting Nyx to frantically look for her, all while Onyx was slung over her shoulder. Finally after about 10 minutes of looking around, and catching the entire freshmen's attention, she found the Faunus curled into the fetal position, underneath the steps at the back of the hall. After unceremoniously dropping Onyx on the ground nearby, just out of earshot, she checked on the faunus girl with a concerned look on her face.

"Look, Demi, you can trust me. My friend... she was just like you. In fact, every time I see you, you remind me of her. If you and Tiara were standing beside each other, you two would have looked like siblings... We fought a lot, we didn't get along much, but she was just like a sister to me. I was a fool to not have listened to her before it was too late... She's gone now but if you two had ever met, I'm sure you'd get along well with her. " Nyx said gently to Demi while she knelt beside her. She didn't want Demi to hate her, and she was hoping that the white-haired faunus could find it in her heart to trust her. It's been 200 years since she had a friend, after all. It would be nice to have someone like Tiara around even though in her heart, nobody could replace her childhood friend.

Last edited:
Demi's eyes would suddenly enlarge as all hell broke loose in their bedding hall. She scrambled back against the wall while she pulled her rook sack up onto her chest and stared with large pink eyes at the madness. This way and that there seemed to be pillows, students, Insanity going on! Was THIS what a school was supposed to be like? Demi felt like her heart would give out any moment. A red headed chick was acting absolute in her actions nailing student after student as she made her way across the battle ground. Another student got the hell out of dodge turning to leave she realized it was the guy who'd offered to shoot her earlier. She glanced left right, where was a familiar face, she needed a familiar face! Suddenly she saw Nyx walking through the playing field and she squeaked when she saw her package thrown so idly over one thin shoulder. Demi's ears almost lifted from their hiding as she stared still curled up in terror.

- - - -

Karmyne was cackling like a mad woman at this point, one foot atop a pile of students two pillows clutched tightly by either hand they looked like pillow pompoms almost. Her long hair some how caught on a breeze as she stood laughing her madness at them! "FALL TO YOUR KNEES AND BEEEGGGG FOR MERCY!" she called before allowing Nyx and her cargo pass she just... how could she not! She had to admit that move was rather bold of the tiny pale headed girl. Golden eyes then turned to see Azzuro making his way along the edges a cheeky grin ignited on her face and suddenly a round of four pillows hurled back to back came charging at Azzuro from various directions as she darted from her pile to encircle and charge towards him with her pillow fury. She was already scooping up pillows the moment her hands were free.

- - -

Demi felt a sense of calm as Nyx came through the pillow war unharmed and sat up a bit once she dropped the other faunus. "What tha..." She asked looking between the two as Nyx approached then suddenly Nyx went on a tangent. O.O; Demi's eyes grew large as she was suddenly being compared to some long lost friend of this girls. She really didn't feel comfortable again. Now she realized the hug, she also understood what the girl was trying to say to her, but as the same time she was just unsure how to take what the girl had just said. She wasn't sure she wanted to be a replacement for a ghost.

Reactions: Shalashaska
Blinking, Onyx was confused when he heard loud noises and shouting, but he couldn't see anything. Pushing away from the floor, his face turned into one of horror when he saw pillows and bodies flying around. How did he even get here? Looking around, he spotted Nyx speaking to Demi. Oh. She carried him. Gee, that was embarrassing.

Looking around until he spotted the door, he focused on it. Feeling a familiar lurch in his stomach, he activated his semblance and blinked to the threshold. Turning around, he spotted the blue afterimage he left where he previously was, his aura manifesting as a blue, digitized stream trailing from him to his projection. Slipping out the door, he took a deep breath as he trudged through the hallway.

"Man that was a fuckin' mess." He mumbled out, pushing open the door to the outside. He needed fresh air. He needed to breath. Looking towards the broken and fractured Moon, he let out a small sigh. Rubbing his face, he looked around until he spotted Michael crouched in front of a tree. Something was wrong. Making his way over to the only person he really knew, aside from Kinky-Crazy-Kidnapper-Girl and Flame-Sneeze-McSneezyton, he crouched beside him, placing a hand on his shoulder to get his attention.

"You okay?" He forced himself to speak like a normal human being and he felt out of breath, the strain on his lungs something he was unused to.

The first pillow hit.

The second pillow hit.

The third pillow was caught.

The fourth pillow was reduced to a pile of ash.

Staring at Karmyne, pillow in hand, Azurro had an expression of... Exhaustion. He had intended to sleep, but the red-haired trouble maker decided that wouldn't be happening any time soon. Tossing the pillow at the ones she had thrown, he walked towards her, getting hit by several pillows as he did so. Catching a pillow that was thrown at him, he grabbed Karmyne's arm while raising the pillow menacingly...

Before balancing it gently on top of her head.

"Go to sleep. I'm tired." He said blandly, a blank expression on his face.

• Love
Corona Talos didn't imagine that her first day as a professor in Beacon would end with her being asked by Ozpin to diffuse a pillow fight situation in the main hall. Kids will be kids, she had tried to reason out, but he wouldn't take no for an answer. It was either she did it, or he'd let an already seething Glynda Goodwitch unleash her fury on the troublemakers.

"If I don't do it, she really might snap the necks of those kids with her telekinesis just like that villain wearing a black mask that acts as a breathing apparatus in that sci-fi movie I watched a few days ago." Corona muttered with a weary look on her face. She could have just sent her androids to restrain the delinquents but that would have been no better, though a lot less brutal than what the blonde professor had in mind.

"Since I'm going to be a professor here, I need to use different methods of teaching than what I did 200 years ago. I guess I want them to warm up to me and be someone whom they'll look up to." She said to herself excitedly.

Only when she arrived at the scene of the crime... or rather the battlefield did she comprehend the situation. It seems that the red haired girl was dominating everyone else in a little too enthusiastic game of pillow fight. Some were cowering in fear, some were getting to cover while some were just feigning ignorance regarding the current situation. The mad cackling of the red-haired woman reminded her of Tiara when someone made the mistake of taking away her catnip. Ah... good times.

Cautiously, she walked up to the red-haired girl and pleaded with her to stop her barrage of bed utilities at once in a calm and gentle manner.

"Uhh... miss? The headmaster and the other professors do not appreciate this kind of ruckus you're causing. Other students may want to rest for the night peacefully so I believe not just I but everyone else here would be glad if you stop this at onc- oof"

The petite, pink-haired professor was unable to finish what she was saying when the red haired girl turned around and instinctively launched a supersonic pillow towards her. The force of impact was enough to throw her off her feet and launch her a few meters away from the redhead. It all came as a shock for her to be hit like that by a student. The attack itself didn't hurt all that much, but the realiztion that she may not be truly cut out for this job that came along with the attack stung her a lot. For a second, she wondered if things would have ended up differently if she had sent a few dozen androids in the hall armed with pillow launchers to give the rambunctious redhead a taste of her own medicine but she immediately perished the thought and chastised herself for ever conjuring such an idea.

All the negative things she had been thinking until now made her eyes well up tears. Tears that she was desperately trying to suppress but was unable to in the end. And then she cried... everyone in the room heard the little girl's cry of despair. Most of the students glared at Karmyne thinking that she was the one that made the petite girl cry while others immediately began checking on her. Nobody knew that Corona was actually a professor in Beacon so they kept asking her why she was there. Some of them speculated that she was a fellow aspiring Huntress while others ruled out that idea stating that she may be a child of one of the professors there.

• Love
Michael squeezed his eyes shut, his hand clawing the bark as he held it for support. He wasn't sure weather or not he was bleeding, or if it was tree bark. He didn't especially care. The sounds of reality and the past still played, the images of the past playing in a grisly high definition movie on the back of his eyelids. It wouldn't stop, it never would...

"You okay?"

He snapped his eyes open and turned with a start, feeling pressure on his shoulder and instinctively throwing it off to avoid an attacker. But it wasn't. It was just Onyx. The "kill or be killed" look on his face faded, and he let out a shaky sigh. Was he okay? Physically, yes, other than his bleeding hand, which he looked down to confirm was really bleeding. Mentally... probably not.

"Onyx? Yeah, I'm fine," he lied, breathing shakily. "Just... the sounds of the fight in the hall reminded me of something from the past," he shook his head, then jumped for a subject change. This burden was his to carry, and his alone. "How are you doing?" He wanted to deflect this as quick as possible.

• Love
Karmyne's attacks launched at Azzuro, he was hit, hit again, caught awe... and then ashy! ooo Fire was her simple thought as she continued to launch her arsinal at him. How in the hell did she get all these damned pillows anyways. Suddenly a tiny voice from behind, she barely glanced before she launched, realized OH SHIT ITS A TINY KID! But before she could turn to see if the small thing was okay her arm was caught and Azzuro had aholt of her. She cut cold golden eyes at him then his hand on her wrist raised the pillow threateningly and she braced for impact, but didn't fein away like most girls would have. Instead she'd brace for naught, a pillow on her head the cool cool dude told her chill out and she wanted to suddenly kick him in the nuts. The only thing that stopped her was the sniffle - sniff from behind her. Golden eyes turned back ~The kid!~ She thought, and with great force was able to yank her wrist from from Azzuro, someone so thin, was rather strong... wirey!

She turned back and came to the smaller girl's form and kneeled down to be on her level. "Oh my goodness I am so sorry, Why are you even in hear? Where is your mother?" she blinked Surely she didn;t attend the school did she?!

- - -

Demi sighed in relief and would find her head tucked down onto Nyx's lap as things were FINALLY calming down in the room. Demi gave a soft squeak "Just don't tell anyone about my ... my ears" It was barely legible over the still noise hall, side that the sound dynamics in this place were shit!

Kairav stared blankly at the empty courtyard. He'd...gotten off the airship and been surrounded by people. Where....where had everyone gone? Scratching his head metaphorically, he lugged his enormous wrapped package and shuffled sluggishly towards the one building with a open door, giving a wide berth to what looked like the remnants of a explosion. Walking into the the hall he caught sight of the crowd he'd exited the airship with.

Good, he hadn't lost a day again.

Vaguely tuning into the speech, he was able to catch something about depositing weapons into lockers. Kai blinked before staring at his wrapped sword, then blinked again. He hoped Beacon had some big lockers. Standing there, he was thrown into a bit of a panic. Where was everyone going? What was going on. Where his formuoli for the ravioli. Lost in his thoughts again, Kairav didn't notice the hall emptying around him until everyone was already gone, coming to from thoughts on Krabby Patties, he noticed he was alone again and hung his head dejectedly.

He'd never find out what to do at this rate. Lost in his own self pity, he didn't notice someone walking up to him until they'd tapped him on his shoulder. Jumping comically, Kairav landed heavily on his ass and startled the poor Beacon staff.

After the girl had taken a breath, she directed him towards his locker and told him he had a couple hours before he had to report to the communal sleeping hall. Kairav blinked when he heard "communal" and "sleeping" in the same sentence, before shrugging it as too bothersome to worry about.

Kairav started bemusedly at the chaos in the sleeping quarters. Some red-haired girl was going insane, grumbling, he tried to edge away, dragging his sword with him.

The damn locker had been too small to fit it into, so he'd had to drag it everywhere with him for the past several hours as he tried to find the communal sleeping hall. He'd forgotten the directions almost as soon as the had given them to hi-.

Stopping mid-stride. Kairav realized he could've fit his weapon into the locker in Pistol form.

Falling forward in defeat, he just lay there, head on his hard and uncomfortable wrapped sword and surrounded by strangers. Trying to ignore the last couple hours.

This was a great start to his career here at Beacon.

• Love
Nodding silently, Onyx took a seat and leaned against the tree Michael was knelt before. He understood what he was talking about. Well, he didn't understand, from personal experience, but he had experienced Aracel's outbursts. She never really talked about it, but Onyx was smart enough to know that years of being a Huntress had to weigh on you. Success... Failure. Shit had to be rough.

Honestly surprised that Michael even bothered to ask him how he was doing, Onyx rubbed his chin. He was slowly adjusting - it was weird, having some girl trying to get him to sleep with her. Even if it wasn't like that - it was still weird tho.

"I'm alright. This place is weird. Not sure how I feel about it. Some girl wants me to sleep with her and her friend. You should tag along. She scares me." He mumbled out, clasping his hands behind his head as he stared at the moon.

Azuro remained silent when shit hit the fan. Or rather, when pillows hit the child. Why was there a child even on the campus? He hoped there wasn't a 'bring your child to work day'. Sighing, he pinched the bridge of his nose when he saw people began to gather, half of them giving he and Karmyne dirty looks. He hadn't even done anything.

Yet.

But if they pushed him he would...

Go to sleep.

Because he was tired.

And everything was bullshit.

Yawning, he shook his head.

"Upsie-daisy." He said as he grabbed Karmyne and tossed her over his shoulder. "You kind of fucked up, so let's make like a ball and bounce before you get dunked." Azuro said, casually stepping over some guy using his sword as a pillow. That couldn't be comfortable. Oh well, not his problem. He was nice, but not that nice. Besides, there were plenty of pillows and unconscious bodies to sleep on top of!

Deciding to head back to the locker room, at least until things died down.

• Love
Corona couldn't believe that she, someone over 200 years old, would cry over getting hit by a pillow (even though it was practically a supersonic pillow). She had known that her child-like body was also affecting her emotions but she thought she at least had some form of control over them. Seriously, she could get slashed by a Beowulf's claws and shrug it off but she couldn't take a hit from a pillow? What kind of Huntress was she? Was she even deserving of such a prestigious title "The Pillar of Atlas" which she shared with Roan? All those negative thoughts would have continued to plague her head more had not the culprit, the red-haired girl who was cackling like a mad-woman came to her side and apologized to her.. then asked her where her mother was and what was she doing there.

Obviously, Kids weren't allowed at Vale and you'd at least need to be 17 years old, 16 if you're some prodigy, to get admitted here. So seeing someone looking like a 12 year old kid surely came as a surprise to most of the students.

" *Sniff* My mom's gone now... *sniff* I'm 40 years old *sniff* and I'm a professor here... *sniff*" Corona said in a weak voice as she desperately tried to stop crying. Obviously, the 40 years old part was a lie but that's more believable than telling them the truth that she's over 2 centuries old.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nyx breathed out a sigh of relief when it became visibly clear that Demi got a lot more comfortable with her. She was trying hard not to blush when Demi decided to use her lap as a pillow. Outside, she was as calm and collected as ever but inside, she was internally screaming, dying just to cuddle with the white-haired faunus girl. But she knew very well that if she acted like that on impulse, it might damage their friendship all over again so she decided to show some restraint.

"I understand, Demi. It will be our little secret... But seriously, you're too adorable! Learning you're a faunus made you a lot cuter for me in my opinion." She whispered to Demi as she affectionately stroked her hair. "Now that I know you're secret, I guess it's only fair that I tell you a bit of mine... I was a bad guy before and I did some really horrible things in the past. I used my abilities for evil becausemy home country's government had my parents assassinated. I believed that Mistral's king was abusive and corrupt back then and I believed that all the other Kingdom's governments were as bad as he was. So by destroying the four kingdoms and toppling the monarchy me and my former teammates sought to liberate the people... but as I spent more time with them, I realized that all they ever wanted was to see the kingdoms destroyed and watch the world burn... I would have never come to that realization had not Tiara broke the illusion they kept showing me. That's why I am determined to make it up to her kindness and undoing all the wrong I've done by becoming one of the good guys for a change." She told Demi in a shaky voice. She was reminiscing all the events that supposedly happened 200 years ago... Everything felt like it only happened yesterday.

Finally, Nyx noticed that the boy she carried with him had managed to slip away while she was distracted talking to Demi. She could have found him and dragged him back but decided not to specially when Demi was still lying on her lap. It was a better trade-off in her opinion.

• Love
A half dozen snide remarks came to mind, but he voiced none of them. Onyx wouldn't have done it to him, and even if he didn't understand his problems, at least he accepted them. Usually when he had an... episode, like this, someone always asked what was wrong, and pushed for information. It wasn't that he wasn't grateful for the help, they just didn't understand. Someone born and raised in the safety of the kingdom's couldn't comprehend the day to day terror and anxiety of life in a warzone. He may have left it, but it never left him. Piles of trash were still hiding spots for explosives, every crack and boom the sound of something evil headed his way. Every cry and scream those of the dying.

Shaking his head violently, he returned to reality. "Need some backup?" He asked rhetorically. He had planned, had wanted to sleep out here. But, someone he knew needed help, and he wasn't the kind of person to say no to that. "Come on, let's see about it," he cocked his head towards the building they had both vacated and slowly walked towards it.

"Another thing, bud," he said quietly, looking at the Fanus out of the corner of his eye. "As someone who will likely be sleeping in close proximity to me, and someone I'm choosing to trust, I'd prefer this stay between us." He didn't seem the chatty, gossipy type to him, but he had to make sure. "I have flashbacks, like you saw. I have nightmares, which are more violent. I talk, I shout, I scream," he had been told this before, so he felt he needed to pass it on. "If you hear me start to make noise louder than breathing, either wake me up or knock me out. No hard feelings either way, okay?" He asked as he stopped and looked at Onyx at the threshold of the building.

• Love
Bright eyes and bushy tailed-ness aside, Karmyne's eyes had become somewhat like big puppy eyes, all big and golden swirls of liquidy concern. She was just reaching out to grab the girl and squeeze her tightly. Poor thing was making up obscene lies because of how hard she'd been hit. Karmyne wouldn't even notice the people glaring at her at this point. She had eyes only for the little Corona, whom without an adult and by default of injury done by her own hands, Karmyne felt she had to … no was absolutely compelled to take care of this girl, and it was clear as day written about her soft gentle features.

But luckily Azuro would seemingly save her from herself as suddenly her world spun around and with a sharp pain beneath her ribs and an explosive "Oooff" She was planted on the taller boy's shoulder. She would blink a moment and realized then just how tall this young man was! She was a statuesque young lady herself standing nearly 5'6" she had to be heavy… right? Least of course she felt she was. Most women did …. Wait how did this become about her weight!!! Suddenly coming back to herself as she saw little Corona's round face pulling back into the crowd as she was totted away. "OI!" She yelped and started to squirm being careful to not hurt her own ribs though made it damn near inpossible. So the last thing the group in the communal hall would see was her silky red hair swishing about as she hands balled into fists were pounding into Azuro's back as he dragged her away.

- - - -

Demi had been listening… she really had tried, but as the commotion started in the center she barely peeked to see what was going on now. Somethng in her was calming down, Nyx stroked her hair so much like Turk, her older brother had done to knock her out so many days in their past. It would take some time for her to get used to sleeping at night but with Nyx here she had not the slightest problems. The last thing the silvery fox would pick up on was Nyx saying she was even cuter now… she wasn't even sure what all Nyx had said words strung together barely making a bit of sense to her as she drift hazily off into the darkness of dreams.

- - - -

Back in the locker room Azuro Finally set Karmyne down and was met by a gold glare and firm hand to the cheek "Do not Ever attempt to pick me up again" she fumed rubbing the sore spot where her ribs and stomach met. She then giggled and did a half skip back and a twirl. "Unless I ask of course" she winked at him a cheeky grin plastered on her face; then leaned back against a locker "so bring me here for a reason?" She smirked. If he didn't realize who she was, hell maybe no one knew, this was going to be a blast!

Status
Not open for further replies.