Ruin of the Bloodmoon (DND 3.5e) OOC

The Antique dealer's an evil man who's put a curse on some nice people.

But the dealer is dead, yes?
Besides, I still think he'd fit in better with the misfits.

This is 3.5 D&D though, Arn't Drow evil, and just that, only evil with no possibility of being good?

Edit: Oh, wait, nevermind. He's trying to convert the Drow, I misread that.

In Faerun, there is a CG Drow goddess called Eilistraee. She tries to convert evil drow to good in order to redeem them so that they may one day walk in the light.

But the dealer is dead, yes?
Besides, I still think he'd fit in better with the misfits.

Yes, the dealer's dead. You helped to kill him, and now you're chasing Lucien while at the same time having doubts about your employer.

That way you have some REASONS to suddenly switch sides.

But whatever. Start where you want.

at first I was like "wait curses don't work that way"

Then I was like "right, miracle"

Which also makes whatever item the antiques guy had extremely powerful.

So it works. Ada's churches are less churchy than normal, but she would visit other temples if they had important lore or if she had friends in them.

So, I guess we're going with the theory that Grr and Kerby are going to like each other. That's cool.

Sengir's going to be travelling with Grr and Kerby.

We still don't have a reason for Fang to get involved. Although i suppose he could get caught up in the "monster trying to kill everyone" deal and take offense...

Fang could take Glide's place as a bounty hunter.

Like or tolerate each other. Depends on the amount of evil either gets up to. XD Grr doesn't really understand the concepts of 'good' and 'evil yet, but he's -trying-... dunno how familiar Kerby is with Good, though.

That would work, TNT - Fang has a skillset conducive to hunting bounties, and he certainly doesn't have any moral objections, so I can see both him getting approached for the job and him taking it.

Thanks Ric. It's good to see people being open-minded.

So, Grr, Kerby and Glide are all gonna be companions already? I was originally just gonna have Grr and Kerby bumping into each other and then Lucien showing up. But it would be stretching plausibility if FOUR of us all happen to converge on the same woodland clearing.

Any suggestions that aren't entirely negative and self-absorbed?

Okay, the prologue is open.

Phoenix, Swifty and Ric, you all have a pouch of 1000 gold from the thieves. And the DC for tracking me is 10. Whoever rolls the highest finds me first, and the other two have to wait 1 round for every point below the winner they are before turning up.

Thanks Ric. It's good to see people being open-minded.

So, Grr, Kerby and Glide are all gonna be companions already? I was originally just gonna have Grr and Kerby bumping into each other and then Lucien showing up. But it would be stretching plausibility if FOUR of us all happen to converge on the same woodland clearing.

Any suggestions that aren't entirely negative and self-absorbed?

It's possible that Grr had been in the forest already, though one of the other two - Kerby or Glide - had started a fire for warmth (or entered a cave, started a fire for shelter + warmth). The other half of Kerby and Glide sees the fire/shelter and had gone over to join in hopes of shelter, warmth, food and company. Grr's nearby the whole time, likely completely visible by Glide and Kerby, just observing them - either at the very edge of darkness in the cave or a few feet away near the bushes and trees (he's a bit of a creeper like that).

While having the large creature (Grr) might be unsettling, he doesn't seem to be plotting harm, allowing the three to rest relatively peacefully, when Grr comes over and joins them. So they're been together not that long at all, when Lucien shows up.

That work?

I'm so glad I'm playing a dwarf.

Anything is acceptable so long as I get to be drunk at the time.

Out of curiosity, Asmo, you are aware that Track can't be used without the feat (meaning Tallin has to follow either Joff or Fang, unless you decide to waive that for cinematic purposes, which I think would be a good way to go)?

You can use it untrained if the DC is 10 or less.

Ah, you're right, I forgot about that. Not that I'd have had a problem with Cinematic waiving.

EDIT: So everyone knows, a Lion is a gold piece from Cormyr.