RP Roots

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
I started off out of forums to be honest. I had Warcraft 3 and there was a custome game called secrets of the deep XD Someone on that game referred me to Elite Skills. After a while ES died and was filled with nothing but tards who couldnt form coherent sentences or even come up with an original or even a somewhat interesting storyline. The posts were also gd slow.

Ditched rp for a while but i got the itch again so i looked at my old site and saw it was still dead so i looked for a new one and found you guys.

I started in a Harry Potter group on MSN Groups. I did that for a few years, then got out of RPing altogether until Rory dragged me here. :P

Umm I definitely started on Gaia when I was about 16. Did a few terrible, terrible roleplays. Eventually got sucked into a different Doctor Who RP (no shame) and actually learnt how to write properly.
Then I got recruited to a certain RP site called Roleplay Adventures. Eventually Global Modded on there for a bit, might have been admin for a bit but I honestly can't remember. Then things blew up lololol and Menorain and me adminned a site for about a year with another girl (who actually turned out to be a guy lol) before getting bored and handing it over to another member who basically ran it into the ground (although it was going that way anyway.)
Anyway, Menorain used to RP here back in the day so dragged me back here with him. Et voilà.
A veeery long and complicated story in less than 10 lines, skillzzzzz.

I started rping on Habbo. Still do. First real Rp experience was on this board called Marvel Alliances. Started off too advanced for my own good.

I started out rping in pro-wrestling (Undertaker, chairs, finishers, etc.) groups on Myyearbook. I did that for about a year or so. Then I moved into modern supernatural rps. I juggled both for about another 2 years after that. I had rps all over the place. (Myspace, facebook, etc. small rp sites.) I had stopped for a while. Life got in the way. Then I ended up here a month or so ago. The rest is history. (For now.)

hahaha I started roleplaying on neopets when I was um, lets see... 8 years old or so? Neopets quickly turned into AvidGamers and I dabbled in Gaia RP's but they never were as deep/well fleshed out as my AvidGamer experiences.
...huh, I've been rping for 10 years? .... man... I'm getting old...
HEY WAIT. There was like 3 years of limbo where I didn't RP.
... I still feel old, auuughhhhh...

So long ago... it all seems so long ago....

*Pulls a glass and foul-smelling bottle towards himself and pours the shot*

How old was I? gods I don't remember, too young maybe. It was on a place... a place I didn't like.

*swallows and shudders drowning the memories in drink*

Gaia Online... then simpler than it is today, or rather than last time I looked. You see, I'm here now, hiding perhaps, escaping the demons of my past.

*leaves the glass on the table and putts the bottle on his lips upending it for a full three seconds before putting it back on the counter, his breath laced with the same reek of the bottle*

A highschool roleplay, everyone else was vampires, even then I was in the badass normal role with a backstory I's still like to use today. Tragic enough to make even the biggest asshole sympathetic and fuck did I milk it, and my character... he died, foolishly, needlessly, confronting the freak who turned his girl.

You could say it set a precedent I still sometimes follow. The normal guy trying to make sense of a fucked up world. We write what we know... out first characters are often ourselves mixed with who we wish we were.

*the light fades the the monolog ends, and the bottle is again hoisted to his lips, one final time, a drained rper draining a bottle, not something anyone needs or wants to see*

Dear god....I hate to say this, but Gaia online is where I got my start. SO MANY CHILDREN AND SPELLING ERRORS!!! WHY, GOD! WHY!

*cough*Gaia *cough* Online *cough*

Yeah... I don't care much for the place anymore since the last time I tried to roleplay on there the GM and the rest of the players in said roleplay wanted me to make my posts look pretty over the actual content of my writing. It was barely a paragraph at the time.... So I said screw them. But this was where I met my current boyfriend and also how I began developing my characters for my future book. *eye twitch* So if it weren't for Gaia well..... -_-"

My first time was on a swedish site stallet.se (there is a english version of the site to)
I think I was 12 years old, and they had just introduced the rp forum :9
I roleplayed for a month but then I got bored of it
and now six years later I have come to iwaku to start roleplaying again xD

So it wasn't before a bit over a month ago that I actually started to roleplay seriously :9

AOL chatrooms. Then I pretty much worked my way into other chatrooms, and attempted on some forums. But, I found myself where I am now.

I was... actually in elementary school when I started RPing. .__.;

My oldest sister would stay up late every Saturday to watch Inuyasha and Rurouni Kenshin.... and I had an instant crush on Kenshin, not gonna lie. <3 My cousin, who was my best friend, had a crush on Inuyasha. That's how I got into anime as well. xD When we both came to the realization we liked them both, we went on AIM, and RPed as each others' crushes, interacting with ourselves. <3 Cute, no? X3 <333

Then it traveled on to Neopets... and then into Gaia... you know.. back when it was still Go-Gaia! XD So long ago... ; _ ; </3 Then when perverts and illiterate jerks started to tick me off because they said a paragraph per post was too long.... I got anxious, and started recruiting my friends from school to RP with me. XD

After one of my RPs got totally hijacked and stolen from me by one of the people who was IN my RP, I reported them, got them blocked, and well.... that's when I went on my RPing hiatus.. D: Then I found Iwaku! <3

Mhmm. I started off in MangaOne's forum [the roleplay section], that's basically where my interest for roleplaying started, after a few months I got tired tho. I didn't know weather I was the one with lack of activity or if it was the section itself. After than I journey across the seven sea's and reached the now known Mangafox, a barren wasteland of manga and a huge forum community with a'last a role plying section. There I got a taste of many elitist and plan the death of most of em' as well as smacked a thousand trolls and experienced very memorable roleplays.

Months past until I decided to check out the well known Gaia, I signed up, looked at the forum and signed off. Never to log in again. After weeks of boredom and loss of hope I stumbled upon a affiliate who long behold... led me to this site. I joined, I played and here I am today.

Thank you for your attention. - gives microphone back to October -