DISCUSSION RP Inserts

• Welcome back, Iwaku! While we are still working on the site to get it back into shape, we've come back online so you can get back to doing what you love. Check out this announcement for more details.

Kitti

Empress of Niflheim
ADMINISTRATOR
COMMUNITY DEPARTMENT
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Douche, Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female
Which of your roleplay characters would you say that you identify with the most (even if they're not meant to be inserts of yourself!)?

Nemopedia

Storms lie. A breeze it becomes. A breath it ends.
SECURITY DEPARTMENT
The blubbing encyclopedia
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
GMT +1/2 | CET/CEST | Random, mostly on my phone
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
No Preferences
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Both, depending how much there is going on already.
Favorite Genres
Tragedy, Psychological, Historical, Steampunk, Mystery, Thriller, Sci-fi, see tag list for more...
Genre You DON'T Like
Romance
This question is great and I’m sad to see no responses. D:

I think that would be August Yilmaz, which is a Hogwarts OC. We are both thinkers that tend to come across as cool, aloof individuals which doesn’t necessarily ring true since we are also overthinkers that are awkward when interacting with people one on one. (Also, Ravenclaw)

Our biggest difference would be his passion for music, coffee and his lack of misanthrophy.

Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
My Usual Online Time
Never on weekends but most week days
No Preferences
an OC called Leone while physically different we act the same and have similar backstorys

TheDevil'sGame

Leader of The Devil's Triad
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Adaptable
Male, Female, Androgynous
I wouldn't name one in particular but I believe every character people write has a part of them represented within them. Whether it is a protagonist of a story and an antagonist I believe characters authors write have portions if them inside them.

Their interpretation of what love means or their interpretation of fury as well as their ideas on values they may have or what things they look forward too. I honestly believe we all insert parts of ourselves within these characters and that is what makes them ours.

So every character we make is kinda a self insert even though I wouldn't say that means we are those characters but it is our experiences and ideas that develope them.

Adrian

Papa Bear
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks, Adept, Advanced
No Preferences
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Aggressive
Favorite Genres
High Fantasy, Low Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Cyberpunk, Horror, LGBT+, Steampunk, Comedy, Post-apocalyptic, 80s, Thriller, Modern, Romance, Tragedy, Drama, Space Opera, Political Intrigue, Coming of Age
Genre You DON'T Like
Furry, Yaoi, Anime
I don't necessarily have the same values as my characters (one of them, for instance, is a sexist asshole... which I don't think I am), but I do believe all my characters do have some part of me in them.

The 'sexist asshole' shares my anxiety and the need to feel like I'm on top of everything and that I have a reputation to uphold (i.e. acting like I'm better than I actually am), Henry is the part of me who just wants to goof around, live in the present and not worry too much about the future (which could have some serious repercussions as a result), Graham shares my occasional pessimism and the need to drown my thoughts with booze (though I don't do it half as often as he does), Rio shares my passion for music and romance. A lot of them also share the same experiences I have, since that makes it easier for me to write them.

I don't think I can say I really identify with any of them. Each of them has some part of me, but usually exaggerated.