1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Which of your roleplay characters would you say that you identify with the most (even if they're not meant to be inserts of yourself!)?

This question is great and I’m sad to see no responses. D:

I think that would be August Yilmaz, which is a Hogwarts OC. We are both thinkers that tend to come across as cool, aloof individuals which doesn’t necessarily ring true since we are also overthinkers that are awkward when interacting with people one on one. (Also, Ravenclaw)

Our biggest difference would be his passion for music, coffee and his lack of misanthrophy.

an OC called Leone while physically different we act the same and have similar backstorys

I wouldn't name one in particular but I believe every character people write has a part of them represented within them. Whether it is a protagonist of a story and an antagonist I believe characters authors write have portions if them inside them.

Their interpretation of what love means or their interpretation of fury as well as their ideas on values they may have or what things they look forward too. I honestly believe we all insert parts of ourselves within these characters and that is what makes them ours.

So every character we make is kinda a self insert even though I wouldn't say that means we are those characters but it is our experiences and ideas that develope them.

I don't necessarily have the same values as my characters (one of them, for instance, is a sexist asshole... which I don't think I am), but I do believe all my characters do have some part of me in them.

The 'sexist asshole' shares my anxiety and the need to feel like I'm on top of everything and that I have a reputation to uphold (i.e. acting like I'm better than I actually am), Henry is the part of me who just wants to goof around, live in the present and not worry too much about the future (which could have some serious repercussions as a result), Graham shares my occasional pessimism and the need to drown my thoughts with booze (though I don't do it half as often as he does), Rio shares my passion for music and romance. A lot of them also share the same experiences I have, since that makes it easier for me to write them.

I don't think I can say I really identify with any of them. Each of them has some part of me, but usually exaggerated.

I think all my OCs have some part of me, really.

Aslan is definitely the part of me that will worry about and overthink things. Lance is the most enthusiastic part of my personality. Will is the 'adult' part of me that has seen a fair a deal of grief. Rubeus is the permanently angry corner of my mind. Hikaru was a shy troubled kid like I was. And Tomei is the part of me that is still able to see wonder in the world.

my best characters are...

uh...

Nice. Like me. I am also nice. I think.

:cookie:

My characters generally inherit my high sense of self-worth and arrogance.

About 99% of my characters are made with a little of me in them. Whether it's me from the past, present, or whatever future me I desperately reach for, they're all holding something of mine.

I think my first character, Esperi had the most of the current me in her. Similar backgrounds, personality, and fears. It's almost as if I peered into the future since I made her like 6+ years ago. If she wasn't a child, she could easily pass as my doppelganger.

Out of the current characters I actually made here on Iwaku, I'd have to say a weird combination of Lenora, Kyouko, and Reina would be the closest thing since I inserted more of myself into them for whatever reason.

Probably to pick on them some.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Spekkun
All my character's have a part of me in them somewhere. Kitesoix has the way I care about people, Vial had my stand-offishness, Sonata has my sick curiosity. If I had to pick one, I would say I am probably the most like my character Persephone. She's kind of cold around the edges, independent, kind of a trouble maker to an extent and gives the death glare when she can. She has more traits than any of my other characters, but I think she is the closest to me.

I too had a hard time picking one character. Ò,ú There's a piece of me in each and every one cause it adds a little bit of authenticity and realness. But I guess there are definitely some characters that are more like me than others.

If I had to pick one that I've written for recently, I'd prolly say Angela. She was initially based on my childhood bestie, but she puts on this front of being a strong independent woman, when on the inside she is a lot more insecure than she realizes.

The closest would be a character of mine named Cohen. Physically he, and I are very similar, aside from a few things.
However, he is insanely gorgeous (imo), while I am far from it. Personality-wise he is me if I wasn't so...anxious, yet also indifferent towards most aspects of life. I hold myself back a lot, and Coco doesn't know the meaning of restraint.

I have a character named Roxanne that I have been playing for decades, who was loosely based on myself overcoming the aftershock of divorce. When I began playing her, it was cathartic and emotionally empowering to have the ability to write through my own personal disappointment and feeling of failure and move forward beyond it. Now I just love to torture her with one problem after another.

I feel like I have something in common with most of my characters, but I could also do the same with everyone elses characters?? Whether it's something small like we both like ice cream, or some big personality thing like the love of meeting new people, I think it's almost impossible to find someone you don't have something in common with! Lots of my characters I don't see like, anything of myself in them just because I enjoy the diversity of characters!

Although! I'd say there are a few characters who I write with something I pull from myself, a quality I like or I want to explore more. For example, Orion Kepler is a self-deprecating sexual deviant. Miko Nassar is whimsical about his craft, caring more about creating something wonderful than something with a purpose,,, so big relate to those two 8)