Rose Witch Covenant

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adamar sat as though he were the victim of an obscure form of rigor-mortise, as his gaze was perversely stuck upon Moselle's form as she lie still and silent on the infirmary bed. He didn't blink, breathe or so much as shudder as he remained a vigilant statue at her side, masked thoroughly by the darkness of the room, his very proximity seemed to perpetuate a vacuum effect that inhaled warmth itself. He possessed less thoughts in those tenuous moments than a corpse might, for he lacked a motivation for cognitive thought over anything that was not the expedient recovery of the miracle that had cast doubt upon his crusade. A heavy blanket of tension now sat upon the room as the once oppressive aura now seemed precise and aimed, it's one goal to perforate the hearts of those who were present in the room. Though even despite his stoic demeanor, he was entirely familiar with the temporal distortion that accompanied Morris upon his entrance into the infirmary.

As Morris spoke, a crash of lightning illuminated the spectacle for all to see in brief moments, as to the unobservant it would appear that Adamar hadn't left his trance, but his eyes were intensely focused upon Morris. Adamar's body having not budged an inch from it's starting position in the comfort of the wooden chair, his eyes possessed a bitter and haunting message that served better than words. The Reaper was livid, baleful and veritably inconsolable as his eyes glazed over, staring through Morris with a certain morbid rage. When he finally broke the visage of a brooding, silent enigma, his voice was less deep and despite still being of a sinful quality, lacked the measured cadence he was known for. "[BCOLOR=#000000]You...never made my rules...she would be awake...you are guilty.[/BCOLOR]" -Adamar's head convulsed slightly as it pivoted on an axis, leaving it inclined diagonally to the right, his silky veil-like hair obscuring most of his face, leaving only his scarred eye exposed.

"I don't eat...nor have I slept...nor do I breathe or require sustenance...I will not age. What has never lived, is incapable of dying...I am death's right hand." Adamar's words were vomited forth with a venomous manner, as if he couldn't bear to stomach them further, Morris had always left a sour taste in his mouth. His emotional state was a melting pot of malice that had long since reached a boiling point, unbridled and without anything or anyone to reign in his uninhibited terror. Morris would know all too well what was to ensue as he was fully within Adamar's 'field of effect', so the reaper concluded that Morris presumed being so close to Moselle would stifle his desire to delve into an old conflict. Though as they all remained in their stationary positions it was impossible for any of the room's denizens to deny that they could feel the reaper subtly changing the rules of physics, then ceasing his actions as if flexing an out of shape muscle.

"If I murdered them all...she might be wounded...collateral risk too high...thirteen permutations, thirty-five percent survival rate..." It was not a small amount of arrogance that the reaper possessed as he audibly calculated and reasoned out the possibilities of a conflict against Moselle's safety. Were it not bestowed upon such a demented mind, his strategic knowledge and ability to discern combat probabilities on a whim would be a boon for all. He was thoroughly displeased as Moselle in her condition was unmovable, leaving him with little options to protect her adequately. Adamar's right hand would carefully extend upwards towards his face, his gloved fingers resembling talons as he clawed his obsidian locks away from his face to catch a more thorough glimpse of Morris, in all his magnanimity. "The insect...that I slew, attacked me first...I shan't leave this seat until she awakens; provided none wish to separate me from my Despair." The inflections in tone and matter of fact style in which he spoke indicated Adamar lacked the basic contextual clues that most individuals would pick up on, cues in speech to allude to certain things while being indirect, in this regard the reaper was very much like a child.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anastasia_zpsxkj1yzt8.png

Anastasia

The dulling but seemingly never ending pain led the woman towards the infirmary, her mind twisted and led astray in a attack of emotions that left her emotionally blank. Expression remaining devoid of the truth that rested in her troubled state. Her only sound was the soft flutter of her breath and the tap of her shoes that left a dreadful echo to follow her almost hauntingly. She seemed, at the very least, shattered.

When the sounds of her presence had drowned her mind, it was only then she began to note the cool metal that braced against the pads of her fingers, the slight chill breaking her trance as the red rose witch was left with a steeled gaze. This was the last place she felt the presence of her familiar, who now had seemed to take a part of her with his loss, so it was here that she calmed herself to find out what took him away from her.

Her grip tightened and the handle fell under the pressure, and action that was followed by her slowly opening the wooden door, unknowingly trying to stop herself from seeing what she knew would lay there. Though soon as the gap was made, the leading witch had pushed herself through with pursed lips, hiding back the list of curses that threatened to spill as if poison at the sight of Aldywn in his canine form who rest lifeless and crumpled before her.

Anger and grief became the dominant emotion present with the whirlwind state of her mind, her lips having long since curled into a frown as she ignored the other for a moment to walk over to her fallen familiar. With a weight upon her shoulders that seemed to make her feel as if she would collapse, the woman crouched down to lay a gentle hand upon the side of the canine where she faintly hoped, desperately, that it would rise and fall under her touch. Her eyes peered almost tiredly over towards the servant, Hana if she remembered correctly, who sat by Aldwyn's side, hand still trembling as it say upon the canine forms neck before offering a tiny smile to try calm the terrified shifter.

Anastasia was eerily still as she silently mourned, only for that dreadful feeling to cascaded into a calm anger, one that seemed to flutter vibrantly in the green depths as she turned to look between her son and the now dubbed intruder who sat near her grandchild. Her knuckles had been dusted a ghostly white as she stood seemingly still, hands clenched into fists as nails dug crescents into her palm to distract herself. A shuddering sigh fell from her lips as fiery haired witch swallowed, an action before she spoke.

"W-...Explain."

She became defensive now as she studied the unknown male with a narrowed gaze, red lashes shadowing the pools of emerald in a deep abyss till only a slither of colour was left. Her hands had began to unwind, releasing as the witch forced herself into a state of calculation. The person who she would now assume had taken Aldwyn from her, the person who stood by the unconscious Moselle, her Granddaughter, became the focus of her sights.

"Tell me now." Her words were painfully slow as if each syllable was being thought out, as if Anastasia controlled even the tone of her voice as it fell to a soul stirring whisper. "Why is Al...My familiar dead?" Ana dared not even to finish his name, not wanting to break the confidence from this tragic sight that was fueling her. Within seconds, her gaze found Morris and then back to the other. "Who are you...More importantly, Why are you here."

Last edited:
2dtdiro.jpg

The moment Adamar stepped foot in Nautchwald Lel could feel it. It could be seen on his features, his honey hinted skin grew pale. Clear liquid beaded on his icy skin as he broke out in a cold sweat. His breathing became heavy, but he tried hard to remain composed. Hell quickly noticed the rapid change in the bisque witch's health, but before she could act she felt the dreadful presence. Though it was faint she was still aware of it; however, like her other emotions, the feeling was pushed back the moment it entered.

Conversely, she did worry about her master's health and how this foreign presence was affecting him. As Lel began to slouch with fatigue Hell pulled back his chair and gently picked him up in a bridal fashion.
"Please excuse us." The dark beauty's monotone voice announced to those that remained in the room, before she quickly carried the witch towards the exit.

When she arrived in his room she softly laid him down on his large golden bed and covered him up. After checking his forehead and pulse to make sure he wasn't coming down with anything life threatening, she stared at him with concern.
"Don't worry… Hellebore-dear, I… I'll be fine." Lel reassured weakly. Though he knew this would be true, he felt the complete opposite. He struggled to keep his normal calm composure for his guard as dread and anxiety just barely overflowed within him. The longer the presence remained the worse he looked, and even more so how he felt; it took extra effort to even breathe. His heavy eyes drooped, slowly, against his will, shutting him off from the real world.
"I'll just… take… a little… n-" His feeble words were cut off with a silent snore.

With a sigh Hellebore made sure he was covered completely, this presence was troublesome indeed. She withdrew herself from the room and remained posted outside Lel's door. As she stood still, her hands were held behind her back, just above the holster that held her twin pistols. She stared emotionlessly at the wall in front of her and waited, listening closely to her surrounding, prepared to draw, aim, and shoot within a moment's notice. Whatever this intruder was, it wasn't getting anywhere near her master.

2814l1g.jpg

2416poi.jpg

The warmth of Nadir's friend sent a wave of comfort within him. This, however, did not stop him from trembling in her arms. The claps of thunder only worsened his chaotic state of mind as he flinched at each sound. It got even worse when he heard footsteps enter the hall. Closer and closer someone approached, the cat felt like he was going to die right there. He forced his eyes shut as hard as he could, but Hana seemed to have the same thing in mind for him as she clutched him with all her might. As she squeezed the breath out of him, he tried to meow in warning but he was unable to get anything out.

Sadly he was unable to cover his ears as the noise began. Nadi's excellent hearing was one of his greatest strengths, but now it was being used against him as he could pretty much see what was going on without looking.
Sounds, they were always the hardest to forget. The growling and snarling of Aldwyn, the snaps and cracks of his bones upon impact, the howls and shrieks of pain, Nadi would remember it all. Even worse, the memories will him of the abysmal feelings he currently felt.

During the silence just after the canine's last yelp Nadi decided to do something he would unquestionably regret. As they say, curiosity killed the cat; the feline opened his eyes, letting his gaze rest on the pile of Aldwyn. The moment he saw the mess everything in him exploded within him, and after a gut wrenching screech, Nadi fell limp in Hana's arms.

• Love
Reactions: RaccoonKing
Skylar_zps198354ee.png

When the stranger exited the main hall in his search for her accursed sister, Skylar's shaky legs collapsed under her as the emptiness from before was quickly replaced with the typical weight of her own hatred for everything. It left her wishing for the emptiness that which only death's kiss could provide. Gasping for air Skylar's digits coiled around the banister as she forced herself up from the floor. Step by step she slowly descended the stairs, her mind only focused on shutting the double doors. Reaching the final step she realized with a great irritation that she would have to walk the rest of the way on her own. She was still weak from her encounter with Adamar, but her with the return of her own emotions albeit very over coming also blessed her with what made Skylar so great. Her own stubbornness and unwillingness to submit to such trivial things like her own self pity is what pushed Skylar to keep going every day. "This is ridiculous! I'm one of the strongest witches here!"

With that being said, Skylar pushed herself away from the banister and forced herself to walk on her own. Still slightly drunk off her own dread she continued to peruse those front doors disoriented. Walking started to become easier as Skylar began to steady herself. Her breathing had slowed some and she started to gain her balance. By the time she reached the doors Skylar felt some what normal after such an experience. Before shutting the doors her red orbs noticed the faint silhouette of someone hunched over in the grassy mud some distance away from the manor's front doors. Mindlessly, Skylar passed through the doors and slowly stepped down the porch stairs, when she finally reached the bottom the sound of the wooden doors shutting from behind her. Startled the raven haired young woman nearly jumped out of her skin, as she whipped her head back to look at the doors. Ignoring her beating heart she continued to focus her attention on the man outside and approached him cautiously. The strong winds and heavy rain quickly soaked her black locks and clothes as she arrived to the curled up heap. "Hey you idiot, It's not good for," Skylar began thinking it to be a servant, but when the lightening graced she could see it was Ezra struggling to get up. Bewildered and concerned for him she immediately changed her tone and held out a hand for him to grab onto. "I guess you ran into him too, huh Sparky?"

@DoomyCakez

Last edited:
Namnloumlst-1_zps825bef92.png

[BCOLOR=transparent]Morris could feel his mind reel as Adamar's fury only strengthened his negative aura in the room; though it was nothing strong enough to impair him physically, but there was still an undeniable ache in his left leg. At this rate Morris would have to start walking around with a cane and would never hear the end of it. Shifting his body, Morris presses his back to the chilled window behind him while listening carefully to the reaper's words and matter of fact tone. It merely aggravated him further that the monster would so casually dismiss his warning especially when he was merely trying to help prevent this situation from getting any worse. Between the necessitant booming of thunder and rain pelting the glass behind him, he could distinctly hear something coming from the reaper that perked his interest. Something that left him craving to further push the man's buttons.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I don't eat...nor have I slept...nor do I breathe or require sustenance...I will not age. What has never lived, is incapable of dying...I am death's right hand."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The reaper spoke with an apparent malice for him, and by carefully watching his body movement Morris could easily see that Adamar was just barely controlling himself. In a sense this is good, as it teaches the creature self control. Yet this could not stop Morris from stifling a chuckle as a scheming Cheshire-like grin graced his normally stoic demeanor. There was no denying that ever since freeing the beast from its cage that Morris felt young again, and how much he enjoyed pushing himself and testing his own capabilities. There was no denying how much he just loved the thrill of it all, which could be evident in his low inaudible chuckles. "Now I wouldn't say you're incapable of dying….that's a bit presumptuous of y-" The white witch asks with a cheeky edge as he gently lifts the palm of his hand to wipe away the dew from his left eye. Though his attention was quickly reeled in once again as Adamar cut him off. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"If I murdered them all...she might be wounded...collateral risk too high...thirteen permutations, thirty-five percent survival rate..."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]At this point Morris found himself once again at a loss of words, which he hated of all things. He just couldn't seem to really piece together just what exactly Adamar was saying this time. What did he mean by collateral risk was to high? Was that in regards to if Moselle ended up harmed in the crossfire or the risk of his own safety? Morris' heterogenous hues glance at the unmoving body of a sleeping Moselle, and as such realized that now wasn't the time to be self indulgent on thrill seeking. He had to stay focused not only for the sake of his daughter but the entire petrova house. "Adamar we can argue about Moselle later, but right now I just need you to calm down and remain that way." Morris sighs as he runs his digits through his white locks; once again he was at a loss as to how he is going to address this issue with his mother.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And just like that, as if merely thinking of the woman could conjure her living, breathing self, Anastasia steps into the room. Morris remained silent while watching her enter hastily, no doubt distraught over the loss of her familiar. The whole ordeal left Morris feeling pitiful towards her, as not only did she loose the love of her life but her familiar. They can only hope that she find some solace from the rest of the family, something Morris knew he would be incapable of doing for her. After rising up from the lifeless body of the husky Morris immediately averted his attention away from his mother when her green eyed stare fell upon him ad the reaper. He couldn't help feel some what responsible for Aldwyn's death, and as such couldn't look his mother in the eye. He merely glanced over to the reaper the moment she demanded an explanation from them both. "Mother, the man tells me that he came for Moselle, and upon entering the room Aldwyn attacked him. Thus he struck him as a means of self defense, and as such Aldwyn suffered severe trauma that...well..." He trailed off nervously tapping his foot against the tiled floor and crossing his arms across his chest. "His name is Adamar, we've met before during my travels."[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
Namnloumlst-1_zps26b8d3fa.png

@Vio

Ezra shifted where he laided, feeling the icy grasp of the rain, slowly rolling down the slick material of his shirt. He wasn't unconscious in any sense, for the attack from the stranger had only been enough to force him down in submission; however, it was indeed enough to only heighten the terror and fear that had been present before...as well as a black hearyed feeling of loneliness, enough to rock him to the very core, fingers slowly digging into the grass and mud.

He shifted, releasing a small cough as his voice remained muffled by the ground, the heavy rising and falling of his chest signalling the exertion of energy spent just now trying to fight back against the inevitable. "...the...fuck...was that?...What just happened?..." It was stupid, what he had done just now. He should have just left, like Morris had been so kind to tell him to, but even now he felt the need to rush into the manor and somehow try to protect his "family."

His ears suddenly came back into focus, he sound of a familiar voice blaring close by. He shifted, eyes momentarily lifting, only to come face to face with the concerned stare of Skylar. Ezra blinked, still in a minor daze as he tried to focus on what she was saying. She had a hand extended oit to him, and from the paleness of her face, Ezra guessed she had just had a run in with the visitor. He frowned a being referred to as "Sparky", forcing himself up with a low groan as he held his ribs.

He was trembling...not from being cold and wet, but from the whole experience of this, his abilities still uncomfortable as his eyes flashed between colors, unable to focus long enough of him to calm down. He shifted his ever changing gaze to Skylar, his voice a low murmur of mixed emotions, grunting with effort. "Where the fuck did that bastard go?...I'm gonna rip his head off..."

He forced himself to stand then, stumbling to the side and leaning on Skylar momentarily for support, heavy breathing signalling the effort he was putting out. He suddenly felt utterly drained, disoriented, and pissed off. He wasn't through yet, and he wanted a piece of that punk. He was going to rip him to shreds....

Last edited:
Morris was speaking again, every fiber of Adamar's being despised the pompous, would-be savior that had unshackled him from his confinement. More than a dozen encounters, half as many escalated into physical conflicts, each ending in stalemates. Adamar tentatively studied Moselle, thoroughly engrossing himself in her medical health as his piercing eyes would allow. Morris was prattling on incessantly about something, the words had become hollowed out, lacking meaning. No more did Adamar put value in what the witch had to say, for to the reaper he was merely an emptied out vessel, a container for a soul, dangling in senseless articulation without meaning or purpose.

"Who are you...More importantly, Why are you here?" These were among the first words spoken since his interaction with Morris that stimulated a response from Adamar. His unshakable and resolute grasp on the hilt of Despair tightened further as he convulsed in a manner to shift his gaze back upon Moselle. Slowly his entire visage began to blur as his molecules vibrated incessantly, a crashing wave of tumultuous venom had coursed through his veins again as he pondered how he could've allowed Moselle to fall under such duress. Of the occupants present, two were adequately equipped to challenge him, though one was unfamiliar to him; the towering crimson-haired female. He'd accessed that the insect he'd incapacitated so carelessly with his fist was to some degree of importance to the newest threat in the infirmary.

"...I am, her's and you...are guilty." His voice was blackened and possessing a decayed tone, as it echoed in the otherwise silent room, never before had he maintained such intense restraint as he had until now. Though his grasp on his own abilities was slipping as chairs would begin to rattle as through being shook by an unseen hand. Picture frames within the room, thrown across it as over-head lights with reinvigorated energy would glow and dim without warning. Despite Adamar being a blurred amalgam of anger, he was in fact visibly convulsing as if all his strength were diverted to safeguarding a flood-gate that was overwhelming him. As bits of his abilities trickled past his tenuously built internal walls, the occupants within the room would feel the eerie effects as objects such as food-trays, pocket-watches and the like would float effortlessly upwards, as though gravity's rules had been re-written.

"I am here to prevent...that which has come to be..." Rising from his seated position at Moselle's bedside, Adamar's head drooped lazily as the dense, obsidian locks of his hair obscured the entirety of his face. Now holding his blade with a reverse grip as he assumed his intimidating posture to stand eye to eye with the crimson-haired female across the infirmary room, his free hand dangling loosely beside Moselle. Then without warning, the physics anomaly's touching the room would cease as if absorbed into a vacuum, though not without leaving an unmistakable tension behind. Adamar's form would then come into focus clearly as he viciously tossed his head back, spreading his arms to their full span and a concussive blast wave was released, rocking the entire room, shattering the windows, tossing anything that was nailed or bolted to the ground askew, anything except Moselle and her bed. Moselle and everything within a foot of her would remain entirely intact as though nothing had occurred.

Anastasia Petrova
@Vio @Crowley

Anastasia stood tall, her green orbs burning with a ferocity that bathed them in a unreal light, the anger itself bringing wrathful life to the earthy colour. She had no intention of being idle when someone, a stranger in her own perception, was so close to her granddaughter. From the tensing of her stance to her muscles, her expression steeled as her son spoke, her gaze never strayed from Adamar, from the creature who took Aldywn. She knew in the depths that hid her rationality that she should of been thinking logically, that she should of be trying to solve the situation and for now, she should of buried the anger and loss. Yet, Anastasia remained poised like a predator, waiting for something...

"Self defence?"

Red painted lips were close to tearing as her teeth bore harder upon the soft flesh, her mouth restraining from falling to a lowly snarl in retaliation. "What reason would Aldywn attack, other than to protect Moselle and the rest here?" She spoke, her tone a ghastly whisper as she shook for a second. A part of her was taken, stripped away from her with the loss of her familiar. Anastasia had not looked to her son but she clearly directed her words towards him. "He is...someone you know?" The rose witch asked rhetorically before a grim expression bore itself upon her face. "Then you deal with him. He has killed my Familiar and entered this place without permission-"

The red rose witch paused in her words to tune back into the intruder. For that, she for a moment was graciously silent as confusion bore an odd glimmer to her own passionate gaze. Ana did not understand his intention and in that, came cautious and weariness. The unknown was terrifying and by this point the male before her was the representation of this. Seconds after his last words, Ana had narrowed her gaze dangerously, confusion clearly present upon her features as she questioned it verbally, expression and form rigid. "Prevent wha-"

The blast came seconds later and Anastasias first response was to bring her arm up before her face as her eyes fell closed. While it was a natural response, along with the fact she fell into a slight crouch to maintain her balance, the attack gave her a few minutes to compose herself that she drastically needed. So when it had ended Anastasia looked dishevelled but calmer than before. Her fiery gaze softened a she looked to Moselle before ring back to Adamar, expression calmer considerably. Anastasia took few quick steps closer but did not step to far into the space around Moselle and him. "Lets sort this out calmly, Intruder." She had yet to gather a name.

Arms folded over her torso as Anastasia stood relaxed but ready, if just for precaution. "I am Anastasia Petrova, The one in charge here and Moselle's grandmother." It was a blunt statement, despite her attempt at an introduction. "You are protective of her..." That was clearly evident enough. "I want the best for her...So care to explain who you are? Why you are here?"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sinopa and Gladis
Skylar_zps198354ee.png

The raven haired witch watched in awe as the boy trembled in the rain, and his eyes flicker an array of colorful hues as he stumbled up with a groan. Skylar's look of concern never left her, and she even reached forward hesitantly wanting to help. Knowing that he would just reject such aid she merely re-positioned herself awkwardly with a nervous cough. When asked where the towering being of death marched off too Skylar felt her skin become covered with goosebumps. "I don't..." Skylar breathed heavily as she was starting shake once again. She didn't want to think about him, that horrid emptiness she felt brought her close to tears. Taking a deep breath skylar calmed her nerves before nodding at Ezra. "He went to the infirmary. I think he is here for my si...for Moselle." Skylar explains, not daring to call the woman she despised so much as her sister. All of this was that purple rose witch's fault anyways!

Feeling Ezra's weight on her filled her body and soul with a warming sensation. It was something she hadn't in a while, the feeling of being useful to someone. The feeling of being needed, even if it was for a short moment. Skylar could tell by the look on his face that Ezra was angry with the man that had bested him with out lifting a finger. Skylar shook her head feeling a bit indifferent. "Ezra...stay away from him." Skylar's voice was grave as a clammy hand gripped onto the boys arm. She was shaking again, her eyes holding a sincere gravity to them as she continued to speak ominously. "That creature....he reeks of death. He isn't like us or any one in Nautchwald." Skylar warns her grip tightening onto his arm, her voice dripping with an apparent fear none of which had seen on her since she was a little girl. The clash of thunder and lightening illuminated the manor behind her, and she quickly looks back to the house as if feeling a surge of energy. Someone is provoking the man of death.

Last edited:
Namnloumlst-1_zps825bef92.png

Hearing Adamr speak with such a grave severeity sent a shiver up Morris' spine. He was very uncomfortable with hearing a reaper claim to belong to his daughter Moselle. Even more so with the fact that the reaper is accusing them of a crime he was unaware of. Morris watched the reaper closely and could distinctly tell that his image was convulsing. He was loosing restraint on his abilities and the surge of power was causing the objects in the room to rattle and shake. He quickly turned to his mother, who seemed to be so distracted with the task of figuring out what was going on to really notice that the natural flow was being influenced negatively.

"Mother I don't believe you felt the aura since you were alseep, but when Adamar arrived he gave off a powerful presence that the familiars are hypersensitive too. It is possible Aldwyn reacted with out thinking rationally due to Adamar's presence." Morris explained carefully, trying his best to thoroughly convey just what exactly Adamar was capable of and the situation. He flinched when she snapped at him to deal with the man, but he knew that never really seemed to end well. He was trying his best to avoid a catastrophe from ensuing. When aAamar spoke again about preventing something regarding Moselle he quickly snapped his attention unto the reaper. "What did you-" Morris was about to ask the man to clarify but he was immediately silenced with a blast of energy radiating out from around Moselle and Adamar. Morris could feel himself tumble back due to a loss of balance, but he quickly caught himself so he would not fall against the wall. Standing firm once again he merely watched as his mother carefully try to get Adamar to calm down.

"Yes we all do....I know it may not seem like it given her current condition but I had no idea she would succumb to such a state after seeing her grandmother. All of us have already looked into it, and apparently my daughter has been tricked into thinking her grandmother is...well...evil. You have to believe me this isn't what I wanted to happen. I just wanted Moselle to be with the family she was meant to be with, because I thought it would help her finally understand who she is. A Rose Witch. A Petrova. My daughter. She didn't belong with those demons and vampires of Nyx!" Morris could feel his anger seeping into his tone at the mentioning of the Nyx Empire. He had foreseen one of their kind attack his daughter for her blood and how poorly they treated her. Such ingrates! He could easily rip apart their entire realm if he so wished it. Though he wasn't like that anymore...no...not anymore. Pinching the bridge of his nose in irritation a displeased sigh escaped of his lips. Then he remembered that his own familiar was close by, and peeked under the bed to retrieve Alexius. The snake slithered up Morris' arm and rested on both shoulders, though he did not show much affections towards his familiar in respect to his mother who had just lost her own.​

Last edited:
He could feel it. An aura of death and despair settling like a heavy blanket over the little town of Nautwald. Although he couldn't pinpoint the source of it, one thing was for sure – it was coming from outside, and it was closing in on the mansion. Indeed, as Yukari cast a weary glance out his bedroom window, he was met by the sight of a being most certainly not of this world. Or perhaps life might be a better way of putting it.

"Oh my, Skyler-darling. I believe our little outing will have to wait. What a shame..." he murmured to himself, sighing softly as he placed his hand on the windowsill. It truly was a shame. Yukari had been looking forward to it, after all. Yet he wasn't granted a particularly long time to sulk about it, as soon a familiar face caught his attention. His brow furrowed. "Ezra, you idiot!" he hissed under his breath, yet barely had he spoken those words and already he was hurting down down the corridor.

"Where the fuck did that bastard go?...I'm gonna rip his head off..."

As he arrived at the gate, Yukari was met by the sight of a very beat up and pissed Ezra and beside him a rather worried Skylar.

"Ezra-boo, I would listen to Skyler if I were you. It wouldn't do to have you die just yet~" Judging from just his expression and cheerful tone of voice, one would have been unable to guess how uneasy he actually felt. He was grinning like a fool, reaching up to gently pat Ezra on the head. "Nautwald would become terribly bland if you did, after all. So just you stay put and let uncle YuYu take care of you, okie?~" Chuckling softly he cast Skylar a reassuring smile. Then he turned around to glance up at the mansion, a shadow flickering across his features. Yet it vanished just as quickly as it had come, his expression once again settling into a cheerful grin. Clasping his hands together he mused: "Looks like we've got quite the scary guest, wouldn't you say?" he swirled around to face the two once more. "Now, Skyler darling, how about we tend to those wounds of his?" Turning to Ezra, Yukari held up a warning finger. "And you, be a good boy, will you? Otherwise I will have no choice but to restrain you~ oh-ho-ho~" It wasn't like he'd mind pinning him down, after all.​

Last edited:
Words. So many trivial words...statements, questions, epiphanies...none of it mattered. Nothing mattered but Moselle as far as Adamar could comprehend. The clear dew of the long, unhealed wound along his eye provided the illusion of Adamar crying as he stood disheveled in his posture, the aftermath of his concussive and protective outburst leaving him only further unhinged. In truth, he hadn't meant for the shockwave to be released, at it was merely the corporeal manifestation of his desire to safeguard the one being whose life he valued. Though he wasn't remorseful, as that would imply emotions or the comprehension of them was something he was capable of. Adamar's hair lie askew as it was pressed fully back and entirely exposed his pale face for all to see, the amber quality of his eyes, the expression having shifted from contempt to confusion in only a matter of moments.

Morris was speaking, then Anastasia, then there was tranquil silence as the reaper allowed their words to settle in his mind. It bewildered Adamar as they spoke, believing that their feelings or their titles were relevant. The only thing... the only one that did or ever would matter...was lying unconscious in a foreign land and Adamar couldn't help her. Adamar had arrived without a conscious thought as to his own safety, disregarding what consequences might befall him and blissfully casting aside any hesitation. "So fragile..." His words came as a whisper as his attention was shifted entirely to Moselle in her bed, casting Despair into the chair behind him, Adamar outstretched his right hand into one of the pockets of his over-coat that was protectively covering Moselle. After a few tenuous moments he withdrew a necklace of rosary beads, which ended with a cross although its structure appeared fractured, it would seem an individual had spent endless hours repairing it by hand.

As the beads were wrapped around his hand in this moment, lightning struck again to illuminate the room completely casting the visage of a mournful lover praying over the loss of his partner. Adamar could feel the compulsion clawing at his mind, suffocating him in a dense cloud of malice and spite, something dark within his blackened heart begged for genocide. The final remnants of the bars which caged his celestial-tier abilities were torn asunder as every molecule in his form vibrated with such intensity that it generated warmth. This was unlike before as this was no mere ostentatious display of force and determination, this new aura of power exuded the scent of the murder of thousands of innocents. He was unclean and corrupt in a venomous sense as in brief intermissions of his vibrations, pulse-waves of pure darkness would erupt from his form. There was no halting this procession, there would be no grasping of the reigns this time, Adamar was fully under the madness of his own strength.

The build up, the rage and hatred, the uncontrollable outbursts of raw energy, the storm and the aura of death...all of it was gone in a single moment. Sucked from the world and absorbed in a single instant, leaving a certain hollow aspect in it's absence as it left as quickly as it'd arrived. Adamar had even ceased vibrating his molecules as his head pivoted towards the bed where Moselle lie, her eyes were still shut tight and her vitals unchanged but...she had taken his left hand in her right and interlocked their fingers. Tugging at his hand subconsciously, he submitted to her will as she brought it over her heart and clung to it dearly. "I shouldn't have left you alone...had I been there...this wouldn't have come to be." Adamar spoke in the most sorrowful and disheartened tone imaginable, as though he bore a weight that wasn't quantifiable. With the apparent nullification of his abilities and the shift in his body language, the reaper might seem less threatening and more pitiful by the moment as he hovered over Moselle refusing to pry his hand from her grip.

Anastasia_zpsxkj1yzt8.png

@Vio @Crowley

Ana felt a sense of emptiness once that power that surrounded Adamar vanished, the emptiness of loss and exhaustion left her expression to fall to one of barely concealed despair. Her mind caught up with her, the images of the broke Adlywn tormented her with images of gore and pain. She swallowed, a short gasp tumbling from her lips as her hand settled onto her chest, above her heart, as her chest heaved. Tears burned at the corners of her eyes until she was forced to lower her head, a soft hiss tumbling from her lips as her fingers curled in, clutching her top desperately, as if it would do something about her current state.

Her green orbs had lost their luster, their fire and passion as she watched Adamar who seemed in a similar state. Even to Ana who currently bore an unspoken vengeance against the reaper, felt for him at the same time. A deep sigh had fell from her lips as she stepped closer to the side of her granddaughter and the reaper, expressions softer yet controlled. "I don't feel as if separating you from her will benefit anyone right now...So watch over her." The red rose witch declared, though her tone tried to stay leveled. "Tomorrow, when and if Moselle awakes. You will be needed to explain who you are to me."

Ana felt at the moment, exhausted as she turned to settle her gaze upon her fallen familiar, the tears burning once more as a reminder. He was apart of her but also not, a friend and confidant for her misery at the loss of her husband. Her chest shook with labored breathes as she stepped over to him, her physical composure perfect. Crouching down to the cold form of her friend, Ana wrapped one arm under his neck and head, the other around his lower body so she could hoist the canine form up to rest within her arms. Though her grip seemed unsafe, Ana was not going to release the corpse any time soon.

She turned so that she faced her son and the guest, she had at least labelled him as that now instead of intruder, before she spoke again. "Morris...Please make sure that the frightened people in here are dealt with...I'll talk to them all tomorrow..." Her tone was soft because she honestly felt bad for the servant, Hana was it? along with Nadir who were left paralyzed in fear at the other. Green went back to the reaper, gaze narrowing. "You protect her." Ana dared not speak another word as she pulled her lost familiar closer before heading to the door, leaning down to use her hand to pull the entrance open before she strode out, her posture confident and strong despite her real state.

With an lost expression, Ana had headed over to one of the other infirmaries with tears finally spilling from emerald pools, teeth dug into her lower lip as she dared not to make a sound, not even a single sob. Adlywn would not want her to break. She slowly unfurled her grip and settled the canine familiar onto the infirmary bed, using her now free hands to pull back the sheet as she pulled it up to his neck before she fell into the seat next to the bed.

"I-Im so sorry...."

Namnloumlst-1_zps26b8d3fa.png

@Vio @Gladis

Now, if most knew Ezra then they were well aware that he was never the sort to actually listen to reason...especially in situations like these where his "pride and dignity" were being challenged. Indeed, the small introduction he had had with the black clad death bringer from the gates of hell - well, that is at least how Ezra figured the others were viewing him - had definitely been a strike to his pride...had definitely stung and dragged his dignity through the dirt...at least in his eyes. He was never the sort to simply sit back and allow himself to look like a complete punk, and just because this towering visage of blackness was the one causing this sudden view of himself, it did not mean that Ezra's actions would be any different... at least, that is what he would like to believe.

Leaning upon Skylar for support had not been on his current agenda, for Ezra did not enjoy showing weakness, especially in front of his family members. He was suppose to protect them, be that beacon of unstoppable power; however, in a matter of seconds he had been reduced to a shivering heap. Ezra grunted, expression hard...one could say stone-like, as he shifted to move away and stand straight; however, he paused upon feeling the clammy grasp of Skylar upon his arm. Now, for as long as Ezra had known Skylar, he knew she rarely ever showed fear...If anything, she egged him on and even on occasion caused her own damage and destruction... so one could say that Ezra was rather taken aback by the sudden fear in her voice...by the trembling of her form and the grave expression upon her porcelain face. It was strange to see such a behavior, and maybe it had struck a cord within the stubborn Petrova...well...for only a moment.

The strike of lightening only solidified Skylar's ominous words; however, Ezra's views were stagnant, changing eyes following the girl's gaze to stare at the manor. He had felt that surge of energy; however, instead of feeling fear...Something at the back of his mind...some carnal part of himself...was excited. The rain had increased drastically, soaking the raven haired duo to the core; however, only Skykar was shivering...Ezra was smiling...

"Heh..." The Raven haired Petrova chuckled then, from some dark twisted place within himself, head turning slightly but eyes not leaving the manor doors. "Since when have you ever let a little thing like that shake you up, bright eyes?" His voice was rather dark, playful despitr the dismal situation as he turned a littlr more to his fearful companion. He leaned away from her support, stumbling slightly as he held his ribcage...Yep, a few were broken, but a little thing like that wasn't going to stop him. Someone had to have the balls in this house...and even if he was no longer a member of the Petrova, Ezra still had until the morning. Might as well go out with a bang, right? "He's not from here, right?..." The Warlock grunted as he rose to his full height, blinking a few times to regain control over his own abilities. They flashed red for a moment, a color that he had never actually had before, until they faded back to their usual orange. "I say let's give that bastard a warm Nautchwald welcome..." He took a few shaky steps forward then before turning back, giving Skylar a reassuring grin...He wasn't sure why...maybe it was to offer a bit of comfort...He did not like seeing her in such a state.

"Ezra-boo, I would listen to Skyler if I were you. It wouldn't do to have you die just yet~"

Ezra froze for a moment, expression immediately souring upon hearing that voice...

Just great...of all people, she had to draw the fucking fairy.

Ezra turned back forward, only to be greeted by the approaching figure of Yukari. He was still grinning; however, knowing Yukari, that grin could have only been further masking the uneasiness they all felt...Ezra's expression was stone like, unphased by Yukari's advice as he took a step forward.

"If anyone is going to die, It'll be that piece of shit upstairs. I'm going to leave him a charred husk-"

Ezra was taken aback by the sudden pat to his head, if not because Yukari was obviously shorter than he was, then by the sheer fact that it had been completely unexpected. It momentarily threw off hid wrathful state, expression cracking to one of minor confusion. It only lasted for a moment as Ezra jerked back, mouth opening to protest; however, Yukari continued, Ezra oddly falling silent. He scoffed at the man's words, rolling his eyes. It obviously showed his youth, Ezra shaking his head as he stubbornly went to move forward again. "Only shit that's scary is how he's going to look when I'm through with him. Get out of the wa-"

He went rather ignored, expression shifting between hell bent rage and child like annoyance as he watched his purple haired companion switch focus to Skylar. At the mention of treating his wounds, Ezra was all the more bullheaded, shaking his head as he went to side step the smaller male. "I'M FINE!" He was raising his voice out of annoyance; however, the exertion had reddened his face. He was slightly out of breath, body trembling slightly to show his actually injury...If anything it waa his pride thay had been hurt the most. He had moved to step forward once more, but was halted by Yukari's warning and a wagging finger.

Ezra's rage faltered for a moment, knowing that Yukari's physical strength greatly surpassed his own. His expression soured, eyes flicking between the smaer male and the manor steps...This was indeed frustrating, having to come to terms that he had been defeated in a matter of seconds by a complete stranger, but Yukari was right...Ezra was in no shape to try and fight him again...It was hard to swallow that, but Ezra was not stupid...Stubborn, yes, but never stupid.

His eyes fell closed for a moment as he seemed to visibly slump, leaning a little on his left side, but refusing the support of either out of his own petty pride.
"...fine." His voice was a growl, frustrated with the cards he had been dealt; however, hesitantly complying with Yukari's commands. "...But keep your fucking hands off me, or I'll bash your skull in." He flashed a warning glare to Yukari, his stubborn aggressive nature reigning strong as even...Just because he was banged up did not mean his attitude would change in the slightest.

Skylar_zps198354ee.png

As the lightening storm continued to rage on through out the entirety of Nautchwald, Skylar kept her strong hold on Ezra's arm. They exchanged glances for just a fraction of a moment until the elder of the two finally turned his gaze upon the manor before them. She could feel his muscles tensing in his arm, but why? Skylar couldn't help this feeling that Ezra wasn't going to listen to her so she tightened her grip. Skylar knew a thing or two about death and malevolent creatures that controlled it due to studies with their Uncle Damian. Any one that dabbled in the dark arts like she did could easily recognize when someone has an aura of death, and she knew the moment he arrived that the man in black was a reaper. Though why would he be here for Moselle when it was clearly not her time? A reaper only came when it was time for someone to pass, and usually they are an entity that keep themselves hidden during the time of passing. In normal cases only people such as herself or necromancers can see them, yet here the cloaked man was invading their home. If it was any normal reaper Skylar wouldn't have been swallowed up in the man's aura, and she knew that this wasn't an ordinary reaper from that alone. Reapers are bound to their own set of rules set upon them by death, and yet this one was not bound to any. She knew that Ezra would surely die if he continued to try anything.

"Ezra, I implore you-" though before she could insist any further on the gravity of the issue her red orbs view what could only be grasped as a smile, and the boy began to chuckle. Just like he had at dinner earlier that evening, and a perplexed look painted itself upon her face. The fact that he was making light of even this, something that even made her shake in her own boots, seemed unnatural to her and very confusing. The raven haired girl immediately straightened her posture, uncertain if she was even still needed as a temporary crutch anymore. Skylar was absolutely curious if Ezra really bounced back from the reaper's aura so quickly, and also curious if he was taking her seriously or not. Her painted lips part to speak a bit more sternly "What are you thinkin-" and just like that she hesitated at the sight of his eyes. She knew the boy's eyes changed colors often, and yet she had never seen such a vibrant red. Then he turned to her, and finally spoke in equally ominous tone that dotted her skin in goosebumps.

"Since when have you ever let a little thing like that shake you up, bright eyes?"

And while it seemed dark, and foreboding, Skylar could not feel a sense of reassurance in his words. As he shifted away from her she let her arms drop to her side and her scarlet eyes simply gazed upon him in awe. Ye when he stumbled slightly she jolted forward as if to catch him, though straightened her posture when he was able to keep his balance. It was in this moment that she finally realized just how cold she was in the rain and howling winds. Instinctly, she wrapped her arms around herself and shuddered in the cold. At this point she just wanted to return inside and just curl up in bed. Her attention returned to Ezra when he spoke, and she answered him hesitantly. "Y-yeah, he clearly isn't." she says keeping her usual sarcastic tone, and even rolled her eyes. Watching him carefully as he rose at his full height she began to speak once again, but she hesitated at the sight of his eyes. She knew the boy's eyes changed colors often, and yet she had never seen such a vibrant red. "Huh? Oh...I don't think it-" She stopped herself as something catches her attention. Someone leaving the manor and approaching them.

"Ezra-boo, I would listen to Skyler if I were you. It wouldn't do to have you die just yet~"

Ah, Yukari always did have such great timing. Though, at this point the woman didn't have anything left to say. She is just tired of standing in the fucking rain. She observed the interaction between the two with a slight disinterest, as she already knew that Ezra would give into Yukari. Him protesting was just delaying the inevitable, and at this point becoming much more of an annoyance. While she wanted Ezra to be safe, she didn't necessarily want to spend the rest of her night tending to his wounds, especially when Yukari didn't really need her help doing so. However, she decided that the least she could do was help the poor kid inside. As she helped Yukari usher the boy inside, her red hues glance at the corridor leading to the infirmary wing of their home. The younger girl said good night to the both of them, and promised to check on Ezra in the morning to see how he was doing. With the slight wave of the hand she finally turned away and headed up stairs in the opposite direction. Alone with her thoughts her mind wandered back to her first sighting of the dark creature. The whole ordeal had left her mentally and physically exhausted. Approaching her room, she enters quietly and the door clicks shut as she closes it behind her. Again, she was left with nothing but her thoughts as she sluggishly changed out of her clubbing attire and into a bear of black boy briefs and matching tank top. Slipping into bed, she turned out the lights with a simple snap of the fingers and easily drifted off into sleep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.