Romance in the Workplace

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Ya, it's called Chrome. it's a pretty nice place. Some friends and I checked it out a few weeks back. great DJ and a good time." Evan tried his best to keep his eyes focuses on her eyes, the ones on her head. He fiddled around with his silverware to distract himself. But not being distracted by Shannon's beauty was quite a task. One he was failing at.

She smirked and saw him getting uncomfortable. Straighting up as she noticed the waitress coming with thier food. "Finally!" She said smiling down at her delicious looking salad. She unwrapped her sliverware and placed the napkin in her lap. "Well some night you should show me around. I'm afraid I don't know much of awhats around here." She stabbed a piece of salad and brought it to her mouth and ate it slowly.

"I don't see a problem with that!" Evan said as he began to cut away at his meal. " We could tomorrow night, I mean it'll be Friday night and all?" He was getting excited at the thought of a night out with her. He had spent his last few weekends either at home or at a random family event.

Shannon smiled brightly. "Sure! That would be wonderful! And it gives me a reason to go shopping. " She winked at him playfully. She continued to eat her salad.

Evan smiled stupidly at the wink and ate some more. Eventually he was finished and the bill arrived. He sat out the money and a tip. "Are you finished? We still have a good 20 minutes before I have to be back to designing our way into the 21st century. He laughed and started to put his jacket on.

She nodded smiling softly. "Is there anywhere else you would like to go? Maybe get some smacks for our desks?" She giggled and put on her jacket and gloves walking back out into the cold air with Evan.

Evan was about to answer as he phone rang, "Hold on, sorry!" He answered his phone, it was their boss. After a few quick words, he put his phone away. " Well that was Terry, he needs us back. Mandatory meeting in 10. Guess we better hurry!" He laughed and jumped onto the railing from the stairs and sliding down. Evan was the kind of guy that didn't care if he happen to injure himself, as long as he was having fun. After he slid down he walked over to the car and opened the passenger door once again, for her and smiled brightly.

She laughed at his spirit. She climbed inside and watched Evan as he drove quickly back to the office. If she had enjoyed her time with him this much Friday was going to be great.

At the office, the meeting turned out to be a dull, annual overview of employee expectations and new company tactics. Not exactly the most enjoyable hour and a half ever. However, it did mean no work and it took until the office closed. The first thing after the meeting, and everyone was leaving, Evan walked up to Shannon to confirm their plans for tomorrow. "So, tomorrow right?" He gave a cheesy smile pretending to be a hot shot.

"Yes! I'll text you my address tonight." She smiled and walked out to her car. The drive home was quiet as she thought of possible outfit ideas. She decided her hair would be up. Once she reached her apartment she quickly parked and walked in. "Moo! I'm home!" She said. Two seconds later her small black and white cat came flying from her bedroom to greet her. "Hi boy! How was your day? I bet your hungry! " She smiled and gave him some wet food.

Evan drove home feeling happier than usual, again a feat for him. He arrived at home, kicked his shoes off, and sat on his couch. He set his phone by his side and turned the TV on. The only thing on his mind was tomorrow night. He felt like a little kid ready for Christmas the next day. The only downside to tomorrow was the work that came beforehand. Though at least he worked with Shannon.

After Shannon feed Moo she texted Evan her address and got in the shower. She thought about tomorrow night and what could possibly happen.

When Evan received the text, he was surprised, she lived near one of his friends whom he visited frequently. Now that she lived near, it might be more fun to visit his friend now. He thought that idea was stupid and texted her back, "Thanks :)" Feeling tired, he undressed and showered, getting ready to fall asleep.

She smiled at the cute text dried her blonde locks. She changed into pjs and climbed in bed beside moo and quickly fell asleep.

Evan awoke the next day feeling great. He did his morning routine and then drove off to work. Once in the office, he sat at his desk and started on designing the new logo, he fell behind a bit yesterday due to the meeting.

Shannon smiled as she worked. She was so excited for tonight. She had her outfit all laid out for when she got home. After finishing the mountain of paperwork that had some how magically appeared on her desk overnight was finished she started cleaning and reorganizing her cubical. Her stomach grumbled and reminded her it was time for lunch. She wondered if Evan was up for lunch. Striding casually to his desk she smiled. "Knock, knock!" She grinned when he turned to her. "You hungry? I didn't eat much breakfast and my stomach is demanding nourishment." She laughed at her own joke.