Rise Of The Brave Tangled Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack laughed and flopped a little in the air as he was poked before he rolled back onto his feet.

"Hey! Don't poke a dead guy! It's not nice! ... And it tickles!"

Jack laughed heartily again as he poked Ziel in the stomach while the other was still laughing before Jack began sliding back across the pond, headed for the staff.

"C'mon Ziel! You're wasting time by laughing!!"

Jack slid as quickly as he could along the ice and when he felt that he was close enough, he lunged at the staff and landed on the ground just in front of it, snow poofing up to cover his face and hair as he reached out his hand to grip the bottom of the staff.

"You only lose if you're not having fun, Jack!" Ziel called out after the Guardian.

Getting his footing, Ziel raced off after Jack, sliding occasionally but making good headway toward Jack when he saw the spirit leap towards the staff, only to fall short. This prompted another round of laughter from Ziel but didn't slow him down. Rather, he sped up before diving and sliding across the ice with full force into the snow, his hand grasping wildly until it grabbed onto the staff

"I got it Jack!" he proclaimed with a giggle as he pushed himself out of the snow.

"Hey, I had it first!"

Jack laughed as he used his hold on the bottom of the staff to pull Ziel down on top of Jack as he tried to wrench the staff from Ziel's grasp, laughing as he grabbed onto the staff with both hands, trying to twist and turn it to get it out of Ziel's grasp. Jack had ended up rolling the both of them around on the ground as they wrestled for dominance for the staff. Jack let out a soft giggle before he oke again.

"C'mon, Ziel! Give it uuuuuup! You're a tough one, huh?"

Ziel was laughing as Jack tried to wrest the staff from his grip but he wasn't letting go, shoring up his hold with his other hand as soon as he could. He was twisting and turning along with Jack, his natural flexibility making it much easier for him. Thsy were rolling on the ground and wound up with Jack on top of Ziel, both of them gripping the staff tightly.

"Don't think so Jack," he said with a giggle. "You don't get where I am by giving up. Or by not being tough."

He pushed up and they went rolling again, this time with Ziel on top, straddling the Guardian. There was a blush to Ziel's face this time as he realized the position he had the Guardian in but even if his face betrayed him, he still hid it as best he could.

"And what about you Jack?" he taunted. "You've not lost your edge int he slightest, have you?"

Jack was laughing and giggling the whole time the two of them were twisting and turning around on the ground, still wrestling for the staff. They continued twisting and wrestling, both trying desperately to ge the staff away from the other, but to no avail. They both seemed as though they were locked in a stale-mate. When the two of them stopped with Ziel straddling Jack, Jack noticed the blush Ziel had on his face, Jack then had the biggest grin on his face. A grin that some would say belonged to the Cheshire Cat.

"Of course not! Did you expect me too? This is still my game!"

Jack laughed again as he rolled over so that he was above Ziel, but they were in the same position, only flipped. Jack was still in between Ziel's legs with the staff above Ziel's head, both not daring to let go.

"Gonna let go yet? Or are you gonna keep resisting?"

The Guardian's voice was smooth as honey as he smirked down at Ziel, pushing the staff just a little farther away from Ziel's hands, making it hard for the other to keep the staff in the immense vicegrip he had it in.

The weakness of Ziel's heart left him unable to stop Jack from turning the tables on him. The muscles of his arms burned but he wasn't about to let go of the staff and Jack's position between his legs only made him blush harder.

"I'll keep resisting Jack. It's no fun if I just give up."

With that, Ziel wrapped his legs around Jack's waist and twisted him down to the side and onto the ice. As soon as Jack hit, Ziel rolled back on top of him, now fair sitting on Jack's chest and panting just slightly with the staff above them.

"And you won't get me to give up for a long while yet, Jack. I never stopped believing in you once. Do you think a little tussle is going to make me relinquish my hold? I don't think so," he grinned.

Jack grinned as he noticed the blush on Ziel's face deepen. He couldn't help but laugh as he was rolled onto the ice, Ziel now sitting safely on hischest.

"You're right, it would be no fun if you gave up! You wouldn't be my favorite playmate if you did! The Ziel I know never gave up, and I'm so happy that you haven't changed!"

The truth in Jack's words rang out like a song. There was no way that he was lying. And why would he? Playing with Ziel was immensely fun. Using teh talking as a distraction, Jack pushed up with his arms and sat up at the same time, making Ziel fall backwards onto his back while Jack took roost upon Ziel's own chest. Jack was grinnind ear to ear as he leaned his head down just a bit before he spoke.

"I don't think a tussle will make you let go... I just think it's really fun. and I know you think the same," The Guardian spoke out, laughter in his voice.

Ziel hadn't been expecting the change in positions but at this point, he was so locked onto the staff that he couldn't have let go if he wanted. As he lay there with Jack on his chest, he was grinning widely. Of course he hadn't changed, at least not where it mattered. So what if he was in his early twenties - he was a kid on the inside and that was how he liked it. He had really missed these times, back when he could do this sort of thing without fear of anything more than a banged head. Now there were all these overprotective parents who couldn't believe that there was a man who only wanted to have genuine fun, who looked back on his childhood with both nostalgia and remorse for having it in his past. So of course he was enjoying this far more than he let on - he didn't have to worry about anything. Except...

Jack's words sent a chill down Ziel's spine and his face grew ashen, the blush even more pronounced. Did he know? Did Jack know how he felt about the Guardian? That was the only thing that worried him - how Jack might react. It had nothing to do with the fact that he was a spirit who thrived off belief or that Ziel was a human who would continually age. Just that... there was a lot...

"W-well of course I do," he stammered. "I've not had the opportunity in forever. Especially not with you."

Jack let a chuckle rumble through his chest as he kept his perch on Ziel's chest. Noticing the blush seem to grow even more, Jack chuckled again and using his hold on the staff as support as he lifted himself into the air, making it look like he was doing a hand-stand above Ziel.

"Neither have I... Most children are to young to play with like this, so I'm forced to stick with normal snowball wars and ice-skating. Don't get me wrong, it's immensely fun and I love the children, but playing with you is even more fun. I'm gonna tell you something... And you can't tell anyone else."

Jack had a mischevious smirk on his face as he lowered himself down so that he could speak into Ziel's ear, like Jack was about to tell the other male the biggest secret in the world. After he looked around, as if to make sure no one was there to watch or hear them, he finally spoke.

"You were always my favorite. Now, will you tell me what has you blushing so much?" Jack asked as he moved one hand to poke Ziel's cheek.

Jack's words only made Ziel blush harder. Had Jack just admitted his own feelings? Or was he simply being his normal playful self? By nature Ziel was both cautious and inquisitive but right now, the embarrassment was playing even more of a part. He wasn't sure what to do. He didn't know if he could, let alone should tell Jack the truth. With Jack so close to him, he was tempted to throw himself down a path there was no return from. The mere thought had him blushing even more.

"W-what do you mean favourite?"

Even now, he couldn't push himself there yet, he wanted to know, wanted to make sure that he wasn't about to screw up. Because... this was his wish. His wish to return to a happier time.

Jack chuckled as he picked himself back up, still in his little hand-stand position above Ziel.

"What do I mean? I mean that you were always my favourite playmate. You were always the one I looked forward to playing with most. I always did have the most fun playing with you. All of our snowball fights, all of the time we spent just skating around... I remember I almost got you into trouble because we played for so long so many times. And when you got older and I saw less and less of you, I got really sad... But, now... I have my favourite friend back! ... Right?"

Jack's words were completely sincere. At the end, Jack's voice got a little quieter. It was almost as if he was fearing the answer from Ziel. Jack had missed Ziel incredibly, and although he was sure nothing would happen to change that, there was a small part of him that was afraid of losing Ziel again.

Half of Ziel's heart sank with the knowledge that Jack didn't share his feelings but the other half rose when Jack told him how much he meant to the Guardian. It was a complicated feeling that confused him but he would have to deal with it. For now though, he would put on a brave face.

"Y-yeah," he said with a smile. "I still have stuff I have to do but it's not nearly so bad, Jack. Promise. We'll get to see each other a lot more. Especially since I'm usually at home. And you know where that is. I...I wouldn't mind it if you stopped by every now and again. To catch up. It's been so long after all."

He was rambling and he knew it, but each word gave his blush more time to seep away and more time for him to relax.

Jack smiled down at Ziel as he heard the other continue on rambling. Jack let out a light laugh before he spoke.

"Hey, calm down. No need to ramble on. I'd love to stop by and catch up sometime. It's been far too long and we have a LOT to catch up on."

Jack reassured the other that he would be by again. But now... He noticed Ziel relax... When Ziel relaxed, his grip on the staff loosened just enough for Jack to wrench it from the other male's hands. Jack pulled it away and made his way back to the frozen pond to begin scating over it.

"You let your guard down, Ziel! You should know not to do that when we're in the middle of a game!" He called back to the other, his laughter ringing through the air.

Ziel seethed inwardly; in the midst of all the emotional confusion, he had weakened his grip. He got up quickly from the ice with a smirk on his face and started chasing after Jack. Out of anyone, he knew it was never truly over until the end, and he fully intended to prove that to Jack.

"You haven't won yet Jack!" he yelled out. "It's not over till you get to the rock."

A rock that Ziel fully intended to reach first with staff in hand. He wasn't nearly so adept on the ice as Jack, but he wasn't floundering nearly so bad as before; a combination of his balance and tenacity coupled with experience. There was also one thing he had that Jack didn't; slick clothes. The snow had nearly soaked him completely through but the cold couldn't touch it past his body heat. As soon as he got a good head of steam going, just like before, then he dived onto the ice, speeding quickly along aiming not at the staff but Jack.

Jack laughed as he listened to Ziel's words, not looking back because he knew it would only slow him down. Because of his refusal to look back, he hadn't noticed Ziel begin to slide along the ice after him. As he felt Ziel come into contact with him, he thew his staff forwards just as he began to fall, hoping to keep it safe for just a bit longer.

"Woah!"

Jack made a small sound of surprise as Ziel wrapped around his legs, causing jack to come into contact with the ground. Laughing the whole way down, Jack tried his hardest to fre his legs from Ziel's grasp.

"Ah! My legs!"

Jack's overly dramatic fake cry rang throughout the glade as he struggled to keep in his laughter.

"Leggo! Leggo, leggo, leggo, leggo!"

Jack's voice changed to how a whiney toddler would sound when they got into a fight with another over a toy. Of course he knew he was acting childish, he meant too. As he tried to coninue kicking his legs free from Ziel's grasp, he clawed at the grownd, trying to crawl towards where he had thrown the staff.

Ziel refused to let go, holding tight to Jack and slowly clawing his way up the Guardian inch by inch and letting Jack do the work of getting him even closer to the staff. He was giggling the entire time as he held onto the struggling spirit.

"Nope, nope Jack. You wanted a tussle, you're getting one," he got past the giggles and the muffling of Jack's hoodie.

He had pulled himself up to Jack's chest and couldn't go much father, his arms wrapped around the Guardian's slim torso.

"Not gonna let go Jack. I've got you and now and I don't intend to let you go," he whispered.

Jack couldn't stife his own laughter and giggling as he felt Ziel climbing up his body. Jack still continued to try to pull himself and Ziel closer to where he had tossed the staff, but it seemed that the distance was farther than Jack had first thought. Although he tried his hardest, Jack wasn't able to move very far when Ziel was wrapped around his chest. Jack listened to what Ziel was saying before he completely stopped moving. Using his slim body to his advantage, Jack rolled around in Ziel's arms so that Jack was propped up on his elbows as he looked down at Ziel.

"Well... As it seems, you do have me. And it looks like I won't be going anywhere any time soon."

Jack had a smile on his face and his tone was playful, but his eyes held another emotion than playfulness, seeming to be more... caring. Unbeknownst to him, Jack continued to look down at Jack. Jack cleared his throat before he dramatically threw himself back onto the ground with an overdramatic sigh.

"I'm caught! I've become a prisoner of war! What is to become of me now!?"

Laughter rang out through Jack's voice as he spoke like a fearful kidnapee.

Last edited by a moderator:
The blush was back in Ziel's face as he looked up at Jack from his death grip around the Guardian and with it the smile.

"Oh I don't know Jack..." he murmured.

Without warning he pounced on top of Jack, his arms draped on Jack's neck and his legs on either side of the Guardian.

"I might just say you can surrender to me... unless you want to start rolling around again?"

Jack grinned and chuckled to when Ziel pounced up onto him.

"Surrender? Do you really believe that I'd surrender? I'd never surrender so... I guess... We'll just have to roll!!"

Before he even finished speaking, he had reached his arm around Ziel and forced the two of them to roll around on the ground again, Jack ending up on top again, straddling Ziel with one of Jack's hands on either side of Ziel's head.

"Ha! Now I have you!!" He spoke through a soft round of laughter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ziel had fully expected Jack to never surrender but he was kind enough to offer the option anyways. He kept a tight hold on the Guardian as they rolled though when they finally stopped, it was Jack straddling him triumphantly.

"You haven't got me yet Jack," he muttered.

He lifted his legs up and wrapped them around Jack's waist and threw his less than noticable weight to the side, toppling both of them onto the ice. still Ziel held on tight against the Guardian, his chest against Jack's with his heart pounding at both the effort of the night and with his own feelings.

"Gotcha."

Status
Not open for further replies.