Riley Finnegan & Lantern

Tyler spent the rest of the day with Megan until when it was time to go home he approached Riley.

"I don't know why you're so angry with me, I was saving you a seat but Megan got there before you. You don't have to make me jealous with other guys, because I'm not doing that with Megan. Megan is just a friend and only a friend. She's going through a hard time at the moment and you're treating it like I'm dating her or something. Grow up!" He snaps.

She looked at him, "I know, Honey." she said, her 'honey' was condenseding, not romantic. She knew that they wouldn't last long together if they both continued on like this, but knew he wanted to be with Megan. "Tyler, I don't think you and her are anything, but I don't think we can be together anymore. I'm sorry," she said at last.

Tyler glares at her. "Neither do I. Goodbye" He mutters and then storms away. He didn't talk to anyone once he got home. At least he knew what break ups felt like now. He sighs and then glares out of his bedroom window.

Riley stood there, for a few minutes, then ran into her father's office, and began to cry.

"Riley? Is that you?" her father asked.
She continued to cry, not answering her father.
"Child, what has happened?" Her father came in, and saw her crying, and felt bad.

"I-I broke up with Tyler," she confessed, in between sobs. Her father came towards her, and hugged her tightly. "I understand, it's hard. I've had break ups in my life, believe it or not. You'll find someone else. It'll take time, but you'll see. Just wait." he said softly and kissed her head, then said, "Let's go home, I'll get you some chocolate."

Now, Riley felt like she couldn't even trust Tyler or Megan. They both had betrayed her, and that was that. She tried to forget about them, but couldn't, especially Tyler. She felt like she was a bad girlfriend, and that he would've broken up with her anyways.

The next day...

Riley waled into Tyler, but not on purpose. She looked at him, "sorry."

Tyler was looking down, he had his book in hands as he walked towards his next lesson. "It's fine" He grumbles and walks away.

She looked away, embarassed. She looked at Megan, and smiled at her, but gave her a dark look in her eyes.

Then, riley sat down at a desk, as class was about to start. She hated herself for what had happened the day before.