Revolution [Signups and OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ZsafineGypsy

It is not my intention to come across harsh but nevertheless I believe in being straightforward. That way there is less chance of being misunderstood. However I prefer a more fully fleshed approach and if your going to have what is basically a civil war I believe you should outside interest involved. After all this Kyr stuff is used in weapon and armour function, thus in my mind it has value beyond its heating purpose. And it may or may not have a mutating sideffects, thus more value.

@Hisoka

You bring a good point to the Roleplay, but keep in mind you are not the creator nor a judge/teacher/Co-DM/Etc. Like I said you can only offer your opinions, do try to appear more kind about it though.

@OverCast

This player brings out a good point and something you should consider. It may help bring more players to your roleplay with a more structured layout.

If there are any problems never hesitate to contact a staff member.

I wish the both of you luck in your future Iwaku Roleplays! Until this starts I will be in my Vishkanya roleplay.

@Hisoka
I'd like to thank you for your constructive criticism. Keep in mind that sometimes less is more. This roleplay isn't about Izan vs other country. It's Izan vs Izan

@OverCast

I rather agree that sometimes more is less. But at the same time you can not simply say remove an arm so you don't have to bother moving it. And while I get that this is a civil war type of rp you cannot deny the basic rule of any war. And that is there is always secondary and even tertiary parties involved and/or making a profit. And that these other parties are often from different countries. They may work in the shadows or openly but they are always there.And the fact they are there necessitate some sort of response capability from Izan to deal with them. Because if you have something worth taking someone will eventually try to take it no matter the difficulty involved.

But look I don't mean to drag this out. However the backstory and world need to be they beyond Izan. Because an isolated country can not survive on magical coal alone. Which means they trade something to someone and thus the world knows about Kyr and thus may or may not have a vested interest in either side.

Cause I would very much like to have a history slightly more detailed then a couple of paragraphs. That and I highly think Izan is the sort of place that is rife for good political strife subplots, foreign interests meddling in both sides of the war, informers on both sides, and last but not least prehaps some sort reason why this Kyr stuff is actually so valuable. I mean a fuel source seems an odd thing to fight over. Especially since its miners hold pretty much an unbreakable embargo. After all their evolutionary advantages ensure they are the only ones actually capable of getting it. If they actually wanted to screw over their slave masters as it were why not just sit pretty in their tunnels and wait it out. On the flipside why don't the Izan people simply cut their losses, let the miners starve in those same tunnels and trade some other resource for normal fuel from a neighboring kingdom?

@OverCast

I am interested in joining this. I may put up a CS later.

@Hisoka

Sorry to butt in here, but this is annoying me. We get it. Fleshed out backgrounds and politics and intrigue and third parties interfering and rich people profiting off the whole shebang are great. But perhaps that's not how this is supposed to go. We're not focusing on those aspect here, from what I've seen. We're focusing on the Kyral fighting for their freedom against the Izani. This is a revolution within an isolated country, not a full-scale war in which other countries have access to or even the will to bother with Izan to interfere with it's matters. At any point.

Quite frankly, I think that if you don't like it you should just leave instead of being an ass about the subtle details going on behind the big red curtain in the background of the play. Overcast created the world this will take place in, and therefore what he says goes (unless what he says goes against Iwaku rules).

If it would so please you to have an explanation, my reasoning is that the place is so cold and everyone is so worried about staying warm to survive that nobody even bothers with Izan politically, aside from the ruling regime, the purpose of which is to prevent anarchy and ensure the survival of everyone in the kingdom. Aside from this, the mountains surrounding the frozen Izan would prevent the other countries from caring to bother with the place, as they have no need for Kyr (being not frozen), nor the need to waste resources and men trying to overtake the country which serves no purpose other than to mine a material they don't even need. This works both ways, with the Izani not wanting to bother crossing the mountains constantly to import resources other than Kyr. The Kyral could just wait it out, yeah, but eventually the Izani could develop a way to invade the tunnels and destroy them, that or overpopulation of the Kyral forces them out of the tunnels anyway. Likewise, the Izani can't starve out the Kyral, as the miners could become cannibalistic and adapt to eating the weak, wich would quickly produce stronger and stronger Kyral that could easily overpower the Izani. Meanwhile, the Izani would freeze to death for lack of a source of Kyr as the miners stop shipping it up.

Any points I missed you'd like me to offer my input on?

Also, @OverCast I hope you don't mind my input on this.

@Thomas McTavish
Honestly that pretty much sums it up. I didn't really put down a 10 paragraph description because I didn't want to scare off any newer role players with a hulking post.

@Hisoka
If you want to question me, I don't mind. But instead of questioning every little detail on the public OOC, I would much rather prefer that you send me a private message. I understand that you want a more fleshed out roleplay, I really do.

Cryomage.jpg

Name: Cryomage Ardas Verin
Race: Izani
Skills:
Cryomancer: Ardas has the natural and practiced ability to wield the ice and cold of his environment to form things such as ice daggers, spearheads, axe blades, spiked ice balls, glowing snow balls, etc.
Light Warrior: Ardas is just as skilled at wielding his weapons of ice as he is at making them.

Gear: On his person, Ardas carries his staff/spear (featured in picture), His Eye of Storms amulet (lower amulet in picture, contains piece of Kyr), and a dagger made of ice he carries around, pre-made so he doesn't have to spend the time or energy making one.
Obsidian Dagger.jpg

Backstory: Cryomage Verin is a figure of high respect in Izan, even amongst the nobles. He is one of the few "true" Cryomages in the country, being descendant from the Verin Clan, a sub-race of Izani with a natural ability to use ice magic. He is not exactly a supporter of the use of Kyral slaves, but accepts it, knowing that without the Kyr that the slaves mine the Izani would die. He had worked for the Izan military multiple times, and has trained three young Cryomancers. He is often found wandering the outskirts of Izan's capital city, or one of the small surrounding villages.

Anything else?: Not at this time.

Is it still open? I saw an ad and this strikes me as very interesting. :]
Also how many players do we currently have and how many players do we need?

@Kitty
It's still open, and with you it would make the roster consist of four.

We two Izani natives and a Kyral warrior right now. We could start with 4.

Name: Esli
Race: Kyral
Appearance:dawn_of_victory_by_alexandravbach-d77x7lc.jpg

Skills: The obvious ability to not be scarred or injured by extreme heat and can manipulate that, brutally strong as a slave miner.

Gear: She keeps a hard leather pouch with her to carry her dried jerky and water flask. Keeping two crude knifes, a small ball of metal twine and a lighter with her at all times. For her clothing while mining she wears a mix heat-resistant leather and metal. It is very minimal on the fabric though. In other words, not much while mining. When out to town simple metal and heat-resistant fabrics dress her much like a peasant. But her race is obvious.

Backstory: She comes from a long line of miners, particularly hard-working women as her mother and grandmother both raised their children on their own. Her grandmother had the child of an Izani soldier, her mother had the child of another Kyral. Although it is a small portion of her blood that is Izani, she greatly hates them. Especially as her grandmother did not consent the sexual advances of that particular male who impregnated her. Elsi's father died from starvation after getting stuck in the mines for a long period of time when Elsi was six or seven. She is much older now and understands that it may have been her fathers mistake. That though does not help the doubt in her mind that the Izani soldiers hadn't even gone back for her father. It is close to her heart, and therefore she is ready for war.

Anything else?: Your mom.

Alrighty when you make the rp in character post tell me :)

Any chance this will be happening soon?

Just letting you all know, although this shouldn't be a problem unless the RP starts in my absence.

I will be absent from Iwaku from July 6-22 and will not be able to post or even look at posts during this time, as I will be out of the country. I will be sure to post here when I return.

Just letting everyone know. :)

I'm back! Although, it doesn't look like anything happened....hopefully the RP didn't die. :(

I'm gonna say it's dead. It's been about a month since anyone's posted on here.

That sucks. This seemed like a really cool idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.