Revision is Making an RPG

So many in cbox today got a sneak peek at some of the new sprites, face pics, and even the start screen. Well, there is more to come! So stay tuned! Also, for anyone asking about the thread today, this is the one!

titlescreen_zps1bc7dfee.png

Well, this week we have a minor screen shot reveal! So take a look at some of the NPCs you will see in game! Don't see yourself but want to be sure you are a part of this wonderful game? Just lemme know!

zypher_zpsf80fe6e9.png
Zypher​
miru_zps9c20b7f9.png
Miru​
phaz_zpsd41a2945.png
Phaz​
koori_zps153cad74.png
Koori​
effort_zps1168dd1a.png
Effort​
Davion_zpsebb3d8f2.png
Davion​
jared_zps2181c4b5.png
jared555​
elyd_zpsbf7335a3.png
Elyd​
More to come soon!

This is pretty impressive, it'll be fun to play when you end up releasing the game. I took a look at the RPG maker, but never decided to do anything with it. Now you make me want to create an adventure too!

Reactions: Revision
I am still working hard on stuff for this! I just had a weekend out of town house hunting. I am back now, but am in the process of packing and getting ready for a big move. So updates might not come so fast at the moment.

This week's reveal is huge! For everyone who wants to know just who you'll be playing as, let's take a look at the core party and the main character!

Relia4_zps267c55c7.png

??? (Relia), The Hero
Relia2_zps95f176cc.png

Relia is the working name for the game's main character. In game, you will be able to name her. Relia is a representation of a newcomer to Iwaku. After stumbling into a strange cave looking for mushrooms to feed her family, she found herself swept up in adventure in an entirely new world-- Iwaku! As the Hero, Relia finds herself learning and adapting in an adventure that takes her far from what she is familiar with.

Ceru4_zps2f49aa32.png

Cerulean, The Ally
Ceru_zpse3e9d747.png

Cerulean, a Cleric of the Goddess, oddly embodies an Ally. He becomes Relia's best friend and protector early on, her confidence and guide through an unfamiliar world. Cerulean is a powerful soldier whose loyalty is to Iwaku itself and to the Spirits. He is based loosely upon the member Cerulean and inspired by the many clerics and priests he has played. Cerulean's magic is drawn mostly from Dreamweaving.

dawn4_zps340ae743.png

Dawn, The Ally
dawn2_zpsb8e34b0f.png

Dawn, a Mercenary and Spellsword, is another Ally. She is a good hearted woman with a tough exterior. She serves to keep Relia true to her heart and to listen when the struggling hero needs someone to talk to. Dawn is a sharp witted mercenary whose loyalty is to the highest bidder… normally. She is based loosely upon the member Dawn and inspired by Dawn's love of adventure. Dawn's magic mostly originates in Reality Bending.

mid4_zps4dcbadd9.png

Mid, The Trickster
mid2_zps9f7f4f13.png

Mid, thief and spy, is the Trickster of the group. She is sarcastic and wise. Mid keeps Relia and the others thinking, often voicing opinions no one else wants to say aloud. Despite the fact that she seems to have an answer for everything (even if the answer has nothing to do with the question), little is actually known about Mid herself. Mid is based upon the member Mid/Cosmos and inspired by Mid's fun loving quirky mischief. Mid practices Confluence.

Tain4_zps333f7d56.png

Tain, The Soulmate
Tain2_zps767afa4b.png

Tain, quiet and introspective, is the opposite of loud, opinionated Relia. Once a mercenary from the same company as Dawn, Tain chose a life of travel to distant places. He has seen much in his life and is quick to attempt to rein the rest of the party in when they would dash ahead into danger. He cares dearly for Dawn, seeing her as a sort of sister. Tain is based upon the member Tain and inspired by Tain's general personality. Tain is a skilled practitioner of Soul Arts.

There you have it, your main party!

But wait! We have a second reveal this week!

Up until now, this thread has been the main way to keep up with game progress. Well, while updates will still happen here, we also have another way to be a part of progress as it happens. Go check out Iwaku Discovery's new website! Here you can keep up to date on the latest progress and fanart as well as learn how you can help this game become reality!

He is going to protect the hell out of her. >=3

So! What do you guys think the story will be? The villains? The monsters? Speculate!

I guessing there will be a main baddie that "Relia" will have to face down. Or maybe there is an evil item that she has destory somehow?

I'm still disappointed I'm not a traveling masked prostitute, who sings.

Reactions: Mid
You probably haven't come across me before except in Yaoi Unite, but a getting transmogrified into an RPG would be most welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I predict Vay is going to be a traveling masked prostitute who sings.

I'm also interested to see how Cosmos' transfers over to a RPG character. Her sarcasm should make for entertainment gold.

Also, hey revi. You mentioned wanting potentially an original ending theme. Want me to write one?

Oh. God.
This is amazing.
I can't even form my response right now to do this justice.

You are amazing.

I..
I dnt evn.
UUUUUUGH.
SO AMAZING.
I.
-explodes-
<3333333 i love this.

OMG THIS IS SO COOL!!! :D

Can I be in your game too Revi?! :D -shouldtotalllybethevillian- >:3 Just kidding, I read your rules and I don't mind what I am if you do put me in it! ^^

This is seriously so cool, I'm super excited to try it out! Even just seeing everything unfold is amazing to me! ^^ I love RPG Maker games and to actually know someone who is making one is super awesome. Can't wait for new reveals/the final project! :D

This is all super awesome! 8D I think it all looks lovely.

Hey, that's pretty cool!

Do you have any tips for your fellow game-makers, Revi?

You need to have a sidequest where you have to decide whether to kill an orphan or a puppy. ._. Every RPG needs that. Even if you're going for a straight-up jRPG that doesn't do black 'n grey morality-type shit like that, it needs it.

What if there was an super secret alt ending where we do thriller with a bunch of zambees?

REVI! This is freaking fantabulous! <3<3<3 who are the characters on the first post? I don't think I saw names?

Nevermind, darling. I just found the post with the names. It looks fabulous! Can't wait until you release it! I totally love RPGs