Revision is Making an RPG

R

Revision

Original poster
So! For those who don't know, I'm happy to announce that I have begun work on something shiny and new! I now have RPG Maker VX Ace. With it, I've begun work on a small RPG based loosely on a new interpretation of the Iwaku Mythos and with Iwakuans as characters!

If you want a chance to be in the game, well, it might happen. I will go ahead and say some people won't have speaking parts and also that I reserve the right to include you in the story as I see fit and base your sprite on what I think relates to you in looks.

For now, however, I just want to share the fact that I am doing this and share a few pics to show some sneak peaks of what I've already done. Everything shown here is subject to change! But anyway, enjoy!

tribswoodelf_zps49f66d84.png
cerulean_zpseba7132c.png
dawn_zps0725a91c.png
paorou_zps2a97e31f.png
vay_zps76389f5e.png
diana_zpsbf91ff3f.png
worldmappreview2resize_zps4fa2010f.png
villagepreview3_zps911503b6.png
wellmaintainedhousepreview_zps1da20358.png
chapelpreview_zps1845ec61.png

Ceru, Rory, Vay, and Diana I think I recognize? >> <<

Top row is Tribs, Ceru, and Dawn. Next is Paorou, Vay, and Diana. I have yet to do Rory's cause I am unsure how I want to portray him.

This is awesome, Revilicious! It looks so much like the 16bit titles I used to play the hell out of.

Can't wait to see more!

Went to bed last night and ended up lying there for several hours and stitching up plot holes. I'm bad. Better to do it now before I put everything into the game dialogue, though.

Reactions: October leche
I never did have the patience to try this kind of thing. Best of luck to you, this looks to be interesting.

My my. You certainly have taken to RPG Maker. You've been busy, clearly.

Gotten a good deal of new stuff done. Might have some new visual updates soon. Keep in mind there is a lot yet to be done and everything you are seeing is subject to change.

If you are on Iwaku and specifically do NOT want to be an NPC in the game, please lemme know.

Might wanna who everyone is and what the places are in the same posts as you post them...

I can't wait!

Actually purposefully not saying what the places are yet. That'll change in upcoming posts, but not quite yet.

Looks great so far! Fantastic work!

Well, it is time for the first major reveal! There will be a few of these over the course of development, but this one is a doozy.

While you may know that the game is based upon a new telling of the Iwaku Mythos, what you don't know is the exact concept of the game. Well, I've finally gotten to the point where I can tell you a little bit about it.

In the game, a young woman finds herself in a new world, Iwaku. She has no idea how to get home, where to turn, or who to trust. Her immediate goal is simply to find her way home, but she finds herself tasked with a quest greater than her own goals. A great evil has been threatening the land and seems to be finding a foothold, and the spirits of the world have been far too quiet lately. The girl will find friends along the way, encounter dangerous enemies, and … well, that's all I can say at the moment.

The game world is based upon Iwaku and the mythos surrounding it. The characters are based upon Iwaku members themselves. You may find that you are an NPC in the game. If you specifically want to be left out, please tell me. If I don't know you and you definitely want to be in as an NPC, tell me that, too. Just please don't dictate what you want to do in the game. Most people will have very small roles but still, it is a chance to be in an Iwaku video game.

I do wish to clarify that this game is not for profit at all. I will not be making any money off of it and, aside from having something to show in my portfolio, I'm not gaining anything but experience and enjoyment from this. If things stay the way they are, the game will be free for Iwakuans. However, those who download it are encouraged to donate to Iwaku to help pay for server costs and other fun things that keep Iwaku running. In fact, even if you don't intend to play, please do consider donating to help with Iwaku's costs.

A final note. Once the game enters later development stages, I will be picking a few people to playtest. Please do not ask if you can alpha or beta test at this point. The game is nowhere near ready and I already have most of my alpha team in mind.

Well, that's about it for the first major update. I'll finish off with a screenshot of a new town in development.

welcometown_zpsb8c60b4b.png

*spazz* I love the Aveyond series and Chrono Trigger, and this looks like the same type of RPG I still play and love. I hope you don't mind my following your progress. Awesome art. I'd like to play it someday. Keep up the good work. :)

Hehehe! I can't wait! Already saw the cute Nino! ^^ Kick ass, Revi! <3

Things are progressing. That's all I can say for now. ^~

Well, I've gotten the first run through of the first major segment, minus monsters, done. Got some nice hints about what is going on along with the first major reveal affecting the main character. Also, a lot of Iwakuans yelling at one another. Expect an image post sometime soon!

Reactions: Cerulean