Revelations 1:1 - Angel Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted. You have no idea how useful teleportation might be in this, if you take a certain set of choices :D Does he have to know the appearance of the location already or can he jump to places he's never been as long as he can identify where they are (eg by a map)? Also, is there a maximum range for this?
HOLY CRAP, forgot about this XD

Since I'll be making my character soon, it doesn't have to be element manipulation right? We make new abilities right? (Not saying I'm making another blood bender like Matt XD)

Reactions: Almalthia
Nope, doesn't need to be elemental as long as it's not one of the ones I said I won't accept in the rules section. And as long as he doesn't decide to burst a water pipe on my character again XD

Nope, doesn't need to be elemental as long as it's not one of the ones I said I won't accept in the rules section. And as long as he doesn't decide to burst a water pipe on my character again XD
HEY that was only a one time thing XD

• Love
If it isn't, I'm making a second character who can create giant puddles.

If it isn't, I'm making a second character who can create giant puddles.
Btw, technology where do we stand? Modern day, futuristic?

"2 years after 2041" "Utopia synonymous with heaven"

But seriously, pretty much modern day in terms of weaponry. Military advancements saw robots taking over the battlefield, so there was no need to upgrade anti-flesh weapons.

This looks exciting. I will post up a CS in a bit.~

I have a question about Celesticite, I understand that their are different ways to use it probably being able to melt it and make weapons the most popular but how else could it be used. Is their limitations?

It's not melted to make weapons, it's ground down into powder and built into the blade. No one's been able to melt it yet. As for other uses, those can't be explained without telling you a spoiler, so know that humans have only been able to use it to power their magic and to coat their weapons. It's about as hard as steel, so its only real combat use is for preventing the regeneration of the demons.

A question, do demons require a different app format? Or demons, in general aren't actually playable and I just got really confused?

Demons are not playable in this particular chapter, and you're just confused :P

Though demonic abilities like shadow or blood manipulation are still fine, since humans have no natural alignment to either of the two celestial organisations so can potentially develop talent in either of their areas of magic.

Alright, will make this when I get back from school (Yes school on Saturdays...)

*shivers at the thought* So you're pretty far East then huh?

Accepted. You have no idea how useful teleportation might be in this, if you take a certain set of choices :D Does he have to know the appearance of the location already or can he jump to places he's never been as long as he can identify where they are (eg by a map)? Also, is there a maximum range for this?

He has to know the appearance of the location, so he can't just teleport straight away, if he does know then he can.

I'm still thinking about the exact value but yes, there is a maximum range on his jump.

durarara-izaya-orihara.jpg

Name: Jackson Dywer

Appearance: He stands to be 5'10, and has a medium build, which can throw people off for the strength he wields. Multiple scars, like slashes and burn marks on his arms and abdomen, and some on his legs.

Personality: Loud and cocky, loves to make jokes even in the midst of a heated conflict. But one thing he has been noted for is his loyalty and what sacrifices he has, and is willing to take for the success of the human race, as long as he gets to kill a couple demons along the way.

History: He had a good life, went to a private school, attended at college, had friends and attended to tons of family gatherings, but the keyword here is had. See once those demonic creatures came into this world, they took everything from him, both his significant other, and his parents. Some say this can make him reckless when fighting, others say it fuels his strength. He found out he could be a wielder once he made contact with a weird crystal he found, not knowing of its origin and what it was capable of, but he changed once he laid his hands on the crystals, he has one of these Celesticites, one the right ring. (as seen in the appearance picture.)

Player Type: Wielder

Abilities:

Super human
This is Jake's passive ability, but is the most useful. Sounds pretty generic when you think about it. Yes, he has enhanced attributes, He can run a little over fifty miles per hour, be able to pick up and toss a small car. Then he has enhanced reflexes, and a quicker reaction speed, as well as tougher skin, being able to withstand more damage, being able to shrug off hits from a demon, like punches and sometimes even claws, sometimes, but that doesn't mean he's bullet proof or shank resistant. But sadly doesn't come with any type of regeneration enhancement. Due to this, since he is always takes point in battles, or charges in, he has multiple scars on his arms and abdomen. He can increase these attributes such as doubling the power, but when doing this, he muscles start to rip, and they start to pull apart his own bones, basically killing him from the inside when done.

Eyes on the prize
Jack is able to turn off the ability to feel pain. Now this doesn't make him invulnerable, but he has one less thing to worry about when fighting. It might also not allow him to know how badly he is injured until he decides to turn the ability off.

Anchored
Jack isn't easy moved. Which helps him when he goes up against larger foes, in certain instances he can change the mass of his body, making him much heavier than he actually is, allowing him to stay in place without being launched, to a certain degree. He can also use it to drop down onto foes, the downside to this, is once he becomes anchored, he is much much more slower, sometimes even frozen.

Weapons:

4e562dc4f0074c253c14e533fc17cdb2.jpg
He wields two of these custom pistols, using Celesticite bullets as ammo. He also has a forearm sized knife in holstered on his hip. (non Celesticite)

Last edited:
@LibratheScales Are you aware that I am one of those who has already denied that ability before? However, in this particular setting it'll work fine because the magic is much more magical than scientific. I would like to introduce 2 limits to it though. Firstly, she cannot change Celesticite into something else, nor can she construct Celesticite from other things. If she tries, she will get a brief headache and make absolutely no progress. (See clarification in second paragraph.) Secondly, she cannot create something unless she's able to visual the entire inner workings of it. For example, she could create a brick because they're simple, but if she wanted to build a mechanical firearm, she'd need to know the exact layout of the interior parts like the pin and the trigger and the ejection mechanism. Having blueprints of the object is fine.

Clarification on the first limit: I don't know how you want the ability to work if she fails to construct something halfway through, but with Celesticite the moment she tries to build or destroy it, she gets a brief headache and the process stops, like what might happen if you double clicked a shortcut on your desktop and it said "No file found at target location". It doesn't even open the program before crashing. I'm sorry but I can't explain why without telling a major spoiler so if you can accept this limit, don't question it :D

@~\The Talentless/~ A few issues with your character. I'll go through them in order of importance.
First off: I said in the rules that any abilities after the second will be almost negligible in power, and by this we're talking stuff like being able to see 50% better in the dark, or always knowing if your favourite TV show is going to be cancelled that week. Definitely not something like Colossal, which imo is stronger than his first listed ability.
Secondly, you underestimate the physical strength of celestials. My character can have flesh tougher than diamond that completely nullifies damage, but an average punch from a demon would still send her flying a couple of meters backwards. You might want to add the ability to anchor himself to the ground.
Thirdly, each player starts with only one piece of Celesticite since as I explained at some point somewhere, your abilities are stronger the more of it you have. Or are these two pieces smaller in mass than an average piece? If so, that's fine.
Fourthly, you said his muscles will begin to tear apart if he over-exerts himself. That's fine, but I'll be keeping a close eye on how much this is happening.

As another note since I don't think Fifthly is a real world (though autocorrect suggests it is), I'll also be watching the use of Eyes on the Prize. From a psychological point of view, someone who can't feel pain won't bother blocking or dodging, they'll just take the damage head-on, especially if they're naturally cocky like he is.

I get the impression that he and Shirona are going to... well I want to say get on like a house on fire, but they could end up despising one another too. They'll certainly have a rivalry to have the most kills that's for sure.

• Useful
Reactions: ~\The Talentless/~
@LibratheScales Are you aware that I am one of those who has already denied that ability before? However, in this particular setting it'll work fine because the magic is much more magical than scientific. I would like to introduce 2 limits to it though. Firstly, she cannot change Celesticite into something else, nor can she construct Celesticite from other things. If she tries, she will get a brief headache and make absolutely no progress. (See clarification in second paragraph.) Secondly, she cannot create something unless she's able to visual the entire inner workings of it. For example, she could create a brick because they're simple, but if she wanted to build a mechanical firearm, she'd need to know the exact layout of the interior parts like the pin and the trigger and the ejection mechanism. Having blueprints of the object is fine.

Clarification on the first limit: I don't know how you want the ability to work if she fails to construct something halfway through, but with Celesticite the moment she tries to build or destroy it, she gets a brief headache and the process stops, like what might happen if you double clicked a shortcut on your desktop and it said "No file found at target location". It doesn't even open the program before crashing. I'm sorry but I can't explain why without telling a major spoiler so if you can accept this limit, don't question it :D

@~\The Talentless/~ A few issues with your character. I'll go through them in order of importance.
First off: I said in the rules that any abilities after the second will be almost negligible in power, and by this we're talking stuff like being able to see 50% better in the dark, or always knowing if your favourite TV show is going to be cancelled that week. Definitely not something like Colossal, which imo is stronger than his first listed ability.
Secondly, you underestimate the physical strength of celestials. My character can have flesh tougher than diamond that completely nullifies damage, but an average punch from a demon would still send her flying a couple of meters backwards. You might want to add the ability to anchor himself to the ground.
Thirdly, each player starts with only one piece of Celesticite since as I explained at some point somewhere, your abilities are stronger the more of it you have. Or are these two pieces smaller in mass than an average piece? If so, that's fine.
Fourthly, you said his muscles will begin to tear apart if he over-exerts himself. That's fine, but I'll be keeping a close eye on how much this is happening.

As another note since I don't think Fifthly is a real world (though autocorrect suggests it is), I'll also be watching the use of Eyes on the Prize. From a psychological point of view, someone who can't feel pain won't bother blocking or dodging, they'll just take the damage head-on, especially if they're naturally cocky like he is.

I get the impression that he and Shirona are going to... well I want to say get on like a house on fire, but they could end up despising one another too. They'll certainly have a rivalry to have the most kills that's for sure.
Yeah yeah, that's what I was trying to convey with the house example. I don't want her to be able to craft some gun or whatever without even knowing what is in it. More on that subject, as far as building someting with multiple parts, with this stage in the rp, she would only be able to mesh together the parts, and even with that it would be difficult for her to make them properly.
Oh, I understand that there's no way the Celesticite's shape could be altered with it, I should have clarified I understood that. X3

And waii, really? I apologize I don't remember but, if I behaved rudely I apologize, it may have been an off day for me or my debate nature kicked in!

Oh yeah, i'll accept that limit. It's fine. It was rather late at night so I was trying to think of something to put a block on. That works much better.

I wouldn't have said you acted rude, but it was quite childish and if I'm honest, it was a good laugh. Never expected anyone to get that pissed off about being told their ability didn't fit the setting :D Anyway, your character is accepted.

I'll probably take off the colossal ability to replace it with a anchored ability. So being launched from one punch doesn't happen all the time lol, but I didn't see that we could only hold one celastite. I'll fix that all either during my break in work, or after work :3

Status
Not open for further replies.