Resurgence

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have returned - that is, if anyone is still interested.

Hello. I am still alive.

There should be an IC post up and running tomorrow. If not, sometime over the course of next week, no later than Wednesday.

I am interested in participating as well. Based off an earlier comment, I will send you a message with a writing sample of mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am interested in participating as well. Based off an earlier comment, I will send you a message with a writing sample of mine.
Awesome! Glad to see some more interest!

Whoa didn't even realize ic was up. Will post tonight after work and rereading of everything.

Whoa didn't even realize ic was up. Will post tonight after work and rereading of everything.

No rush, I think with a group this size we can afford to be a bit more methodical.

Name: Efrihm the Wanderer
Sex: Male

Appearance: Efrihm is painfully average, both in height and in frame. He is neither too tall or too small to stand out in a crowd and has a very forgettable face, with dull hazel eyes and pale olive skin. He always seems to be wearing the same set of billowy garbs - loose everywhere except for around his forearms and calves and covered in pockets - though in truth he owns several pairs of the same outfit, their difference in color indistinguishable from a distance. When traveling, he carries a rather large rucksack on his back. Inside one can find a collection of trinkets from various locales and an abundance of half-filled journals; some containing haphazard notes, others detailed maps. Scattered throughout its pouches and his pockets are several tools essential to surviving the wilderness, such as a folding bow, flint, a skinning knife, collapsible fishing rod, and more. He always has a comb on the ready to tend to his short, blond hair, and is equipped with a rectangular quiver on the small of his back, filled with arrows he fletches himself.

Magi: Y
Lore: Nature

General Class: Archer. Efrihm is an above-average marksmen, though only uses the skill to hunt poultry or knock down fruit from trees. A practiced pacifist, he does his best to talk his way out of any and all conflict.

Additional Attributes:
-Photo-geographic memory: His mind is capable of retaining information about the environment around him almost instantly, allowing him to easily translate the layout of the real world to paper. Fascinated with exploration, it is his sole ambition in life to map out the entire world. In contrast to this ability, he has trouble remembering many other details, most noticeably people. Fortunately they seem to forget him just as easily.

-Smooth talker: Despite this, he is rather good at extracting information from people and talking himself out of dangerous situations. Well educated in his youth, he has a way of talking circles around people, leaving them confused and wondering where he disappeared to, then shortly thereafter what they were even talking about with him in the first place.

-Animal lover: Efrihm loves most creatures of the wilds, and likewise most love him. This seems to only cover those with paws, however. Anything with gills or wings tend to loathe him. Birds target him from the sky with fecal bombardments and fish like to leap out of rivers to give him a good slap. As revenge he only eats these types of critters. As a result he has become a decent archer and fisherman.

-Beer connoisseur: Efrihm fancies himself an expert of brew tasting. His secondary ambition is to collect a bottle cap of every beer in the world. Due to his fondness for ales and lagers, he can often be found in a tavern chatting up with his fellow alcoholics, usually to learn about the area and rumors of fascinating new places for him to venture.

-Vagabond: There is no apparent rhyme or reason as to how long Efrihm decides to linger in one place at a time. Some villas he may stay only long enough to inscribe it on paper and gather supplies, others he may hole up for an entire season, usually working odd jobs to earn some coin. The only guarantee is in the end he will always leave, usually without the hint of a warning.

Reactions: ze_kraken
Edited/added a little bit to my bio, and posted. Apologize for the quality of my work and the delay. Introductions are a bit of a struggle for me without dialogue to supplement it, and barring inspiration I decided it best to nap rather than force myself in just yet. Left the end of the post open for anyone to chime in, though if everyone's characters are preoccupied I can just as easily reply to myself with a random NPC and lead Efrihm somewhere useful, like an inn/tavern.

Edited/added a little bit to my bio, and posted. Apologize for the quality of my work and the delay. Introductions are a bit of a struggle for me without dialogue to supplement it, and barring inspiration I decided it best to nap rather than force myself in just yet. Left the end of the post open for anyone to chime in, though if everyone's characters are preoccupied I can just as easily reply to myself with a random NPC and lead Efrihm somewhere useful, like an inn/tavern.

It looks good - if you'd like, we can work on a collaborative post for his introduction to Broybrook.

I'm certainly open to a collab, however I vote we give the others the opportunity to post first just in case someone wants to use it as an excuse to get moving. If not, then we can proceed.

Alright, sounds good.

NAME: Merriallia (Merry-all-ah) (goes by Merria) Kreig

SEX: Female

APPEARANCE: Marriallia describes herself as 'ordinary' but truthfully, every bit of her holds traits of her that make her a little extraordinary. Her head holds, naturally blonde, wavy hair that hangs shoulder length and is pulled back out of her face. Also, a strange streak on the right side that is, also, naturally a light green. Given her life style, it's no surprise that her skin is a bit more tanned, but somehow still holds a unique fairness that makes her appear pale.

The girl stands at an average height, maybe a bit taller then your average girl, but nothing spectacular. Her face however, is different. She has heterochromia iridium, which means that she has two different eye colors - one of each individual eye. Her left eye is an oak-y brown colour that seems natural, and her right is a dark, hollow blue. Almost empty looking.

OCCUPATION: Merria, following her father, is a traveling merchant that travels from town-to-town including Broybrook and the capital.

MAGI: Y/N; No, but she wants to learn nature, in the future.
Lore: Fire, Water, Earth, Air/Wind/Heavens, Nature

GENERAL 'CLASS': As a merchant since birth, she has developed a sharp, and proficient tongue. When it comes to a situation, she'd much rather talk her way out then anything else.

Accepted - I'll PM you some details your character would know that some of the more isolated characters wouldn't.

@Alvom Not knowing how well-versed your character would be in goings-on, I was hesitant to sway one way or the other on this. Would you consider your character to be involved in current affairs?

• Thank You
Reactions: Azuremoon
I doubt Efrihm would know much about politics and the like, though I would appreciate a bit more depth into the geographic and ecologic region. As for current affairs, it is my intention is to get involved, but perhaps not immediately or without resistance. Efrihm isn't the type to just put his life on the line for anyone, and he isn't fond of the idea of fighting other human beings. If anything, for now, he'd be willing to help in more indirect ways. Essentially, it's going to have to take either a lot of thought or a lot of disaster before he gets into the action. If you want we can have a vague discussion regarding your plans so that we can preplan accordingly.

Edit: As a note, his services wouldn't likely be free, either. If some sort of compensation that would appeal to him is offered, he may be swayed. But if they come off too desperate he might be turned off.

I doubt Efrihm would know much about politics and the like, though I would appreciate a bit more depth into the geographic and ecologic region. As for current affairs, it is my intention is to get involved, but perhaps not immediately or without resistance. Efrihm isn't the type to just put his life on the line for anyone, and he isn't fond of the idea of fighting other human beings. If anything, for now, he'd be willing to help in more indirect ways. Essentially, it's going to have to take either a lot of thought or a lot of disaster before he gets into the action. If you want we can have a vague discussion regarding your plans so that we can preplan accordingly.

Edit: As a note, his services wouldn't likely be free, either. If some sort of compensation that would appeal to him is offered, he may be swayed. But if they come off too desperate he might be turned off.
I'll have to put a bit more thought into the landscape - I should have a solid layout tomorrow for you (of the specifics, anyways).

What I can tell you - and everyone, as most people who have lived in Broybrook or around it know - is that the river valley itself is a narrow pocket of fertile land in what has effectively become fields of forever-yellowing grass atop poor, rocky soil. In earlier days, this community was one of the first ones to rebuild pockets of civilization until the old ruins of other cities were deemed a worth-while investment. A small mountain range (three peaks in total - each one topped with an aged statue of each of the Three) is surrounded by rolling foothills for several miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.