1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Advanced
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Modern/realistic. Low fantasy. Low Scifi. Supernatural. Future Dystopia (not post-apoc).
Soooo, is there something you're replaying right now? Something a bit old maybe?

Are you replaying an old game? Rewatching an old movie? Marathoning a series for the 10th time?

What's an old thing you're currently replaying or have replayed recently?

Right now I'm very slowly making my way through Final Fantasy IX.
Just made it to disc 3 after 26 hours! lol
There's been lots of grinding.... >_>
Also I'm pretty sure I screwed up the mognet and missed a letter and I'm kinda upset about it but I don't know how I can (or even if I can) go back. At least not until I get the airship. Or maybe I missed my chance forever. Fuck!

qL3XOm7.gif

I'm the absolute worst when it comes to this... my friend gets frustrated sometimes because I'm wary about trying new things and would much rather play the same 6 games over and over again.

Final Fantasy 12 is the biggest offender. Final Fantasy 10 and Final Fantasy 8 are two others.
There's also Skyrim, but I think everyone's replayed that a few times.
Persona 4, Alice: Madness Reurns, DA: Origins, DA: Inquisition (though I've actually only played this one one and a half times so far). :E I really wish you could experience things for the first time more than once.

Reactions: Vardoger
XD I definitely still have my old Nintendo and all my old games. Also have a Scummv emulator for my old DOS games. Zak Mckraken and the Alien Mindbenders? Day of the Tentacle anyone?

header.jpg

Gotta love some chicken kickin' ;D

header.jpg

I don't find it that old but... wow, it is nearly ten years old now.

And of course there's this beautiful game :'3 Love it to teensy weensy bits.
header.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Kuno and Vars
-Assassin's Creed 2. Baby Ezio!
-FInal Fantasy 10
-Been thinking about doing New Game+ with my Axton in Borderlands 2. I just love that you have the freedom to reset your skill points for a small fee and thus allowed to fully explore the skill trees.

I'm trying Star Ocean Till The End of Time, but for some reason this second run though has me annoyed lol not sure why. If I have time, I'll make a go with Xenogears between Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age.

Game-wise: Always replay Dragon Age: Origins. Usually dust off Final Fantasy Tactics as well.

TV-wise currently going through Community as my pre-sleep tv show. Waiting a few weeks so I can rewatch GLOW as well.

Oh, I just finished a play-through of AC1, and I plan on playing Twilight Princess again because I missed it.

I've recently been catching re-runs of some Classic Who episodes. I watched nearly all of Classic Who a few years ago, but now, since it's been a while, I really don't remember a lot of the details in each episode. That's usually the reason why I like re-visiting old things. Even if you think you remember something really well, it's amazing how much you realize you'd forgotten once you actually sit down and watch it again.

Case in point: I re-watched some of Sherlock earlier this year (I meant to re-watch all of it, but apparently I got distracted at some point because I stopped before I even finished season 2), and I honestly didn't remember how most of those episodes ended. XD Even when I went into an episode thinking "ah yes, I remember this one", I soon realized that I honestly didn't know where the plot was headed or how the mystery would be solved. XD Shows like this have some serious re-watchability for that very reason.

Last year I re-watched Trigun. I've re-watched Trigun quite a few times, and each time I watch it, I not only pick up on things that I didn't catch any of the previous times and re-experience the episodes that I'd apparently forgotten the finer points of, but I also feel like this show really speaks to me in a different way every time. There are always hardships that I've endured in life since the last time I watched it, and the show always resonates with those experiences in a meaningful way. I just... really like this show. It's so important to me.

The year before that (or, maybe just early last year? I dunno, some chunk of time before I re-watched Trigun), I re-watched Samurai Champloo. Or at least, I re-watched about half of it. Like with Sherlock, I must've gotten distracted from it at some point. I own the whole series on DVD, so I could finish re-watching it at any time -- but, now it's been so long since my last attempt at re-watching it, that I kind of want to start over from the very beginning again. XD

I've been meaning to re-watch Firefly. I've only watched the series once before, and I remember enjoying it -- but I already know that I have definitely forgotten a good chunk of it, and I would most certainly get that whole "I don't remember the plot of this episode so now it feels like I'm watching it for the first time all over again" experience out of re-watching it. I just haven't gotten around to finding a good service through which to watch it.

ALSO, I've been having mixed feelings about re-watching things lately... Yes, I definitely enjoy re-visiting shows that I like, for the reasons mentioned above. But also... I feel like I've kind of stagnated in terms of TV-viewing (and really all forms of media consumption) over the past couple years. There's always a show in mind that I want to re-watch, or series that I still have to get around to finishing after I've been a fan for years already -- and it feels like I haven't really gotten into anything new for... quite a while. It's like all my favorite shows, games, and fandoms have been sort of... frozen for a while. A time capsule of the stuff that I discovered and got super invested in back in high school.

So I guess I can definitely relate to what @Opal was saying about feeling content playing the same 6 games all over again instead of trying anything new. But at the same time... I dunno. I'm kind of not content. I kind of want to discover new things. But, when the time comes, I just... don't seem to be very interested in or willing to try anything new. Not only that, but it feels like I have such a long to-watch/to-play list just for the things that are already part of a series that I already like or have already played before, that I just don't leave myself any time for new things. :/

And, I mean, it's not like this whole thing really bothers me enough to keep me awake at night or anything like that. It's certainly pretty low on the list of things I worry about in life. But, it is something I think about sometimes...

Last edited:
I was replaying Final Fantasy X but I am stuck at the final battle with Sin, and I realize now that I did the skills wrong for Auron, so I can't beat it. Pretty sure I have to go WAY back to reroute him, and not at all sure I ache a save back there. Might have to start over completely.

If I still had my PS 2 I would be playing FF VIII which I love. But alas...gone forever. Never lend your system to your children. It NEVER comes back.

@PoetLore The one when you're still on the airship while you're fighting him?
Have the airship fly some place else then grind until you can get all of yuna's summons to their own ownerdrive. While you're at it, make sure everyone else gets their overdrive too. Then with everyone having their overdrives, go and fight sin. Cast hastega, or if you don't have it, give haste to at least Yuna. Have her do her grand summon of bahamut. Use his overdrive. On his next turn he should be on his own overdrive so you can do it again. Then just go through all your summons overdrives. Use quickhit continually if anyone has it. Someone should have mental break and/or armor break. If nobody does, that makes things way hard but not impossible.
Just cycle through everyone's overdrives in the first few turns, then it shouldn't be too difficult to beat Sin.

Devil May Cry, and Wild ARMs at the moment. Frequently replay games; can't get enough of the classics.

Recently been playing a ton of Resident Evil 4, 0 and Remake because I was in a strange mood to play those old RE games. Especially Resident Evil 4.

I'm currently replaying The Evil Within since it is a great game (and the guy who made Resident Evil 4 made The Evil Within >.>) and also because the sequel comes out in October.

Show wise, I'm rewatching this Syfy show called 'Van Helsing' because why not. It isn't a bad show but not what I was expecting when I first saw it because of the name they chose xD

@Vardoger I can beat him the first time, and then there's a little talking and he's ready to go again, and that's where I always die. I didn't think to shuffle through all the Summons. I'll try that and let you know how it goes! Thanks for the tip!!

I always return to Morrowind. It's the only fantasy RPG I know that really captures what makes a setting fantastical - to experience a rich world. Reading dialogue and in-game books to understand the world and the lore is beautiful. Being able to kill anyone in principle, and actual consequences to completing quests. The game is smart enough for the player to decide which quests to do, allowing a player to judge if what they're doing is worth it. Just like real life, for new people that come to like you, others come to hate you. Factions matter. What I love most of all is that while the mechanics are broken, the game allows a player to do almost anything. To complete the main quest, you learn to fly. Earning flight each play-though is bliss to me.

It's my character that I'm playing, not set by pre-defined sets of three choices or skill trees. I make my own lore for every character I make. The main quest complements this. It's encouraged in game to take time to do side quests, for guilds and for yourself. The main quest isn't a list that I have to go slog through. i am the one that plans what to do. I'm never on rails, a feeling that kills an experience. It doesn't pull punches when plans go wrong, and rewards when plans go right. No other game I've played allows me that honor. Progression is more than stats in Morrowind. It's growth.

I watched the new Power Rangers movie so I sense there will be a viewing of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers in the near future.

@Shiri how was the new movie? I never got around to watching it.

I just bought Final Fantasy VII soo... I'll be replaying that oldie soon lol.

• Love
Reactions: tastygoldentaters
Status
Not open for further replies.