Reincarnate gods and goddess

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trust

Original poster
Welcome one, welcome all to the school of reincarnated gods!

Reincarnate is an academy ranging from middle school to collage housing and educating the reborn versions of gods from all mythologies!
All reincarnated gods regain their memories of their previous lives by the time they enter this school, but still have their memories of all their time in their new life.
(They may be born on earth or other places.)
Pretty easy going, do whatever! If you want you can even be a teacher who is/is not a god. Whatever you want. If you're a human teacher, ignore all things in character sheet about being a god.
(Also, you don't have to be as detailed in the CS as I was.)

Rules: not much, try write a bit more than a one liner response though. No 18+ content but fluffy stuff is allowed. Try include everyone

Character sheet:
Name (they keep the same name as the originals):
God of---:
Age (human age):
Mythology:
Powers:
Traits:
Family (other gods and such):
Appearance:
Place of birth (earth/other, specified):
Extra:
---------------------------
My character:
(I'm going off mythology, btw, not comics or movies, but you can do whatever)
Name: Loki Odinson/Laufeyson
God of: mischief
Mythology: Norse
Powers: shapeshifter, silvertongue, illusion, misc. magic, Jotun (ice giant) form,
Traits: superior, formal, sarcastic, mischievous
Family:
Laufey (Jotunn king, birth father),
Fárbauti (Jotunn queen, birth mother),
Odin ( Asguardian king, adoptive father)
Frigga (Asguardian Queen, adoptive mother)
Thor (Heir of Asguardian thrown, god of thunder, adoptive brother)
Place of rebirth: Jotunhiem (moved on to Asguard)
Appearance: (human illusion form) dark features but pail skin, deep green eyes, (Jotunn form) similar dark features, blue skin, facial ridges, blood red eyes.
Extra: this form of Loki still has contacts with all of his children from his past life. Hela, ruler of the underworld, (comes in handy for imaginable reasons), Jorgumand the Midgard serpent, Fernir the hound, and also, despite never admitting to it most of the time, Sleipnir, the eight legged horse. (Embarrassed by the fact that he had mothered the horse.)

Name: 天照大神 (Amaterasu-no-Mikami) (Name would appear as "Omikami Amaterasu" on a formal document, with Omikami being the family name)
God of---: The Sun, the universe. Also considered primary kami of Shinto.
Mythology: Amaterasu is the Japanese Sun and Universe Kami (deity). She is considered the primary god of the Shinto faith due to her ties to the great emperor lineage.
The oldest tales of Amaterasu come from the ca. 680 AD Kojiki and ca. 720 AD Nihon Shoki, the oldest records of Japanese history. In Japanese mythology, Amaterasu, the goddess of the sun, is the sister of Susanoo, the god of storms and the sea, and of Tsukuyomi, the god of the moon. It was written that Amaterasu had painted the landscape with her siblings to create ancient Japan. All three were born from Izanagi, when he was purifying himself after entering Yomi, the underworld, after failing to save Izanami. Amaterasu was born when Izanagi washed out his left eye, Tsukuyomi was born from the washing of the right eye, and Susanoo from the washing of the nose.
She became the ruler of the sun and the heavens along with her brother, Tsukuyomi, the god of the moon and ruler of the night. Originally, Amaterasu shared the sky with Tsukuyomi, her husband and brother until, out of disgust, he killed the goddess of food, Uke Mochi, when she pulled "food from her rectum, nose, and mouth" [2] This killing upset Amaterasu causing her to label Tsukuyomi an evil god and split away from him; separating night from day.
The texts also tell of a long-standing rivalry between Amaterasu and her other brother, Susanoo. When he was to leave Heaven by orders of Izanagi, he went to bid his sister goodbye. Amaterasu was suspicious, but when Susanoo proposed a challenge to prove his sincerity, she accepted. Each of them took an object of the other's and from it birthed gods and goddesses. Amaterasu birthed three women from Susano's sword while he birthed five men from her necklace. Claiming the gods were hers because they were born of her necklace, and the goddesses were his, she decided that she had won the challenge, as his item produced women. The two were content for a time, but her brother became restless and went on a rampage, destroying Amaterasu's rice fields, hurling a flayed pony at her loom, and killing one of her attendants in a fit of rage. Amaterasu, who was in fury and grief, hid inside the Ama-no-Iwato ("heavenly rock cave"), thus effectively hiding the sun for a long period of time. Though she was persuaded to leave the cave, Susanoo was punished by being banished from Heaven. Both later amended their conflict when Susanoo gave her the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi sword as a reconciliation gift.
According to legend, Amaterasu bequeathed to her descendant Ninigi: the mirror, Yata no Kagami; the jewel, Yasakani no Magatama; and the sword, Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi. This sacred mirror, jewel, and sword collectively became the three Imperial Regalia of Japan.
Amaterasu is worshipped by nearly all residents of Japan, in some form or other, as well as minority groups in other areas who follow the Shinto religion. There are extremist shinto movements who worship only Amaterasu, without the other kami, and these are referred to as Cults of the Sun. There are 3 main cults, each being responsible for one of the three Regalia.
The three Regalia are widely acknowledged as among the most powerful sacred instuments ever forged, and for good reason. The sword, Kusanagi, is a katana of unmatched durability and edge. It is said to instill unnatural valour into those who wield it, but more importantly, it gives them complete control over the wind currents in the vicinity. The Jewel, Yasakani, is the regalia related to the aspect of power. It is said to grant the wielder an unending supply of energy with which they may power their magical abilities. The final regalia, the Yata no Kagami, or Mirror of Truth as it is referred to when it appears in western literature, is the most powerful of them, and the most dangerous. In the wrong hands, it could bring about the destruction of all mortal species, and many immortal ones. The Yata no Kagami reveals the true forms of things that are bathed in it's light. The light surpasses existence too. The Yata shatters illusions, counteracts deceit and returns those in human form to their monster or deity form, as well as forcing their instincts to take priority over their judgement.
Powers:
Amaterasu has had her power sealed by the other Kami, in order to mask her presence from the vengeful gods of other religions until she has managed to re-learn how to wield it. She has access to only about 10% of her abilities, meaning that she is only able to manipulate fire and light, and wind with the help of Kusanagi. Her ability to manipulate matter is limited to altering her own matter and the matter of the items she is in contact with. She must remain in contact with these items for as long as she wants their matter to be altered.
Traits:
Amaterasu is looked up to by younger students as a good role model, as she excels in studies and is the student council president. She has unofficially tasked herself with keeping the student body from doing stupid things. On the other hand, she is oblivious to the concept of love, and it is rumoured that she accuses people of things they didn't do as an excuse to be allowed to have a fight, as fighting is one of the things she loves doing.
Family (other gods and such): See Mythology Spoiler One
Appearance:
Amaterasu.jpg

Place of birth (earth/other, specified): 高天原 (Takamagahara - High Plain of Heaven - Realm of the Kami)
Extra:

Last edited:
Name: 天照大神 (Amaterasu-no-Mikami) (Name would appear as "Omikami Amaterasu" on a formal document, with Omikami being the family name)
God of---: The Sun, the universe. Also considered primary kami of Shinto.
Mythology: Amaterasu is the Japanese Sun and Universe Kami (deity). She is considered the primary god of the Shinto faith due to her ties to the great emperor lineage.
The oldest tales of Amaterasu come from the ca. 680 AD Kojiki and ca. 720 AD Nihon Shoki, the oldest records of Japanese history. In Japanese mythology, Amaterasu, the goddess of the sun, is the sister of Susanoo, the god of storms and the sea, and of Tsukuyomi, the god of the moon. It was written that Amaterasu had painted the landscape with her siblings to create ancient Japan. All three were born from Izanagi, when he was purifying himself after entering Yomi, the underworld, after failing to save Izanami. Amaterasu was born when Izanagi washed out his left eye, Tsukuyomi was born from the washing of the right eye, and Susanoo from the washing of the nose.
She became the ruler of the sun and the heavens along with her brother, Tsukuyomi, the god of the moon and ruler of the night. Originally, Amaterasu shared the sky with Tsukuyomi, her husband and brother until, out of disgust, he killed the goddess of food, Uke Mochi, when she pulled "food from her rectum, nose, and mouth" [2] This killing upset Amaterasu causing her to label Tsukuyomi an evil god and split away from him; separating night from day.
The texts also tell of a long-standing rivalry between Amaterasu and her other brother, Susanoo. When he was to leave Heaven by orders of Izanagi, he went to bid his sister goodbye. Amaterasu was suspicious, but when Susanoo proposed a challenge to prove his sincerity, she accepted. Each of them took an object of the other's and from it birthed gods and goddesses. Amaterasu birthed three women from Susano's sword while he birthed five men from her necklace. Claiming the gods were hers because they were born of her necklace, and the goddesses were his, she decided that she had won the challenge, as his item produced women. The two were content for a time, but her brother became restless and went on a rampage, destroying Amaterasu's rice fields, hurling a flayed pony at her loom, and killing one of her attendants in a fit of rage. Amaterasu, who was in fury and grief, hid inside the Ama-no-Iwato ("heavenly rock cave"), thus effectively hiding the sun for a long period of time. Though she was persuaded to leave the cave, Susanoo was punished by being banished from Heaven. Both later amended their conflict when Susanoo gave her the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi sword as a reconciliation gift.
According to legend, Amaterasu bequeathed to her descendant Ninigi: the mirror, Yata no Kagami; the jewel, Yasakani no Magatama; and the sword, Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi. This sacred mirror, jewel, and sword collectively became the three Imperial Regalia of Japan.
Powers: to be continued in a few hours when I next get time.
Traits:
Family (other gods and such):
Appearance:
Place of birth (earth/other, specified):
Extra:
Very good~ take your time~

Can i join in

Can i ask! What are the restricted religions here

Can i join in

Can i ask! What are the restricted religions here
If you're talking about an RP with deities, then any restriction on religions is immoral. Putting restrictions on creator gods makes sense, but not religions. It's technically racism to do that :P

Okay I'm new to this website so I'm just going to put my character here and hope for the best

Name: Aphrodite
God of: Love and Beauty
Mythology: Greek
Powers: Power to make people fall in love (If it's meant to be, if it isn't the magic just sputters out and causes her a little bit of pain), fly, ability to change appearance, telekinesis, teleportation, random magic, as all greek gods can do.
Traits: Intimidating, but overall a nice person. Really sarcastic.
Family (other gods and such): She was born from the sea in a quite graphic and gross way that involved severed genitalia
Appearance: Short straight hair with one little triangle shaved above her right ear, she changes the colors a lot but mostly they're pastel colors. Blue eyes, wears a lot of dark makeup on them and on her bow shaped lips. Nose stud, eyebrow loop and a lot of ear piercings. She wears dark black clothing and an upside down cross around her neck at all times.
Place of birth: Earth, in what is now a small fishing village
Extra: She is meant to represent the kind of beauty that you would almost overlook because of her gothic scary exterior. Those who do focus on her find themselves obsessed, wonder what she's doing, if she's looking at you, what she's going to wear tomorrow. It's not even you falling in love with her, its much more dark and twisted, like you're a slave to your imagination, your fantasies of her noticing you.

Okay, this is my first roleplay on this site, forgive me if there are any mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I'm new to this website so I'm just going to put my character here and hope for the best

Name: Aphrodite
God of: Love and Beauty
Powers: Power to make people fall in love (If it's meant to be, if it isn't the magic just sputters out and causes her a little bit of pain), fly, telekinesis, teleportation, random magic, as all gods can do.
Traits: Intimidating, but overall a nice person. Really sarcastic.
Family (other gods and such): She was born from the sea in a quite graphic and gross way that involved severed genitalia
Appearance: Short straight hair with one little triangle shaved above her right ear, she changes the colors a lot but mostly they're pastel colors. Blue eyes, wears a lot of dark makeup on them and on her bow shaped lips. Nose stud, eyebrow loop and a lot of ear piercings. She wears dark black clothing and an upside down cross around her neck at all times.
Place of birth: Earth, in a small fishing village
Extra: She is meant to represent the kind of beauty that you would almost overlook because of her gothic scary exterior. Those who do focus on her find themselves obsessed, wonder what she's doing, if she's looking at you, what she's going to wear tomorrow. It's not even you falling in love with her, its much more dark and twisted, like you're a slave to your imagination, your fantasies of her noticing you.

Okay, this is my first roleplay on this site, forgive me if there are any mistakes.
This is fine, accepted ~

I am new to this site, so I might not be very good or appealing to have in a role-play, but if you don't mind, I'd like to start with this one.

Name: Quetzalcoatl (Nicknamed Zal)
God of: Intelligence and self reflection, as well as art
Mythology: Aztec
Powers:So far he hasn't reached the full extent of his powers, but he can still create art easily, he can lift over 300 pounds with one hand, and he can fly.
Traits: Funny and outgoing, but with a hot temper, good at holding a grudge, doesn't take orders easily. Passionate about what he cares for.(like his art.) Hates it when he doesn't get his way, but will do anything to help those he cares about.
Family: Brother of the west wind, Father of all the humans in this world.
Place of rebirth: Earth, and more specifically, Dallas, Texas
Appearance: Dark skinned, gray eyes, teeth are crooked and in need of braces badly, ears are slightly pointed, and his hair color is naturally sea green, so he dyes it light brown. Has lots of freckles, and the tops of his arms are covered in small bumps, where his multicolored feathers pop out.
Extra: Zal has to work hard to keep his human form, because he is afraid that one day, when he becomes a giant feathered serpent, he won't be able to turn back. He is also allergic to Peanuts.

I am new to this site, so I might not be very good or appealing to have in a role-play, but if you don't mind, I'd like to start with this one.

Name: Quetzalcoatl (Nicknamed Zal)
God of: Intelligence and self reflection, as well as art
Mythology: Aztec
Powers:So far he hasn't reached the full extent of his powers, but he can still create art easily, he can lift over 300 pounds with one hand, and he can fly.
Traits: Funny and outgoing, but with a hot temper, good at holding a grudge, doesn't take orders easily. Passionate about what he cares for.(like his art.) Hates it when he doesn't get his way, but will do anything to help those he cares about.
Family: Brother of the west wind, Father of all the humans in this world.
Place of rebirth: Earth, and more specifically, Dallas, Texas
Appearance: Dark skinned, gray eyes, teeth are crooked and in need of braces badly, ears are slightly pointed, and his hair color is naturally sea green, so he dyes it light brown. Has lots of freckles, and the tops of his arms are covered in small bumps, where his multicolored feathers pop out.
Extra: Zal has to work hard to keep his human form, because he is afraid that one day, when he becomes a giant feathered serpent, he won't be able to turn back. He is also allergic to Peanuts.
Accepted! Welcome!

Oh may I please play Persephone! I'll make a character sheet when I can (on a tablet now and very limited internet this weekend so...)

It's that there already is a goddess involving love, otherwise I would have made Ishtar as well (are multiples allowed?)
If multiples are allowed I actually might still make her... Ishtar's fun to play. Goddess of war and sex (subdued to proper fluff) what more could one want XD

Last edited:
Oh may I please play Persephone! I'll make a character sheet when I can (on a tablet now and very limited internet this weekend so...)

It's that there already is a goddess involving love, otherwise I would have made Ishtar as well (are multiples allowed?)
If multiples are allowed I actually might still make her... Ishtar's fun to play. Goddess of war and sex (subdued to proper fluff) what more could one want XD
You can do both, that's fine ~

Name: Persephone (occasionally called Kore as well)
Goddess of: Vegetation, and Queen of the underworld (associated with rebirth)
Powers: Persephone has the ability to affect life. In plants she can let them grow, move and even die to her will. On people her power has a healing effect, rebirthing the affected area in a sense. While she uses her powers the palms of her hands glow slightly. She also has the ability to place and/or fulfill curses placed upon people, but that power frightens her so she avoids using it at all costs. The strength of her powers isn't great, but it increases or decreases with the amount of confidence she has, and/or with the presence of either Demeter or Hades. (Which of her powers gets stronger depends on who is near in that case. Demeter: Plant growth & healing. Hades: Curses & healing)
Traits: She is extremely timid. More likely to duck her head down, apologize and run away. Soft spoken, rarely speaks up at all, but still has a knack for getting in extremely dubious situations (that she has no control over luckily she's usually rescued by some passer by at the last moment). In the very very off chance that she does stand up for herself and fights back she means what she says and can appear quite strong, only to end up scouring off to a corner moments later. She is willing to fight for friends though.
Family:
Demeter (Goddess of harvest, mother)
Zeus (Ruler over Olympus, father)
Despoina (Goddess shrouded in mystery, daughter of Demeter and Poseidon, half sister)
Hades(Pluto) (Ruler of the underworld, husband)
And many more aunts and uncles.
Appearance: A pretty girl with a doe's soft and warm hazelnut eyes. Her soft skin is bountifully kissed by the radiance of the sun. Like a field of golden grain her hair flows in loose curls till it reaches her lower arch. Her choice of clothing primarily consists of a light blue or pastel green dress. Her only jewelry is an onyx pendant hung on a silver chain around her neck.
(Eye color in the image is incorrect, same for the frilly and ribbon loaded outfit. She wears simple clothes.)
anime-kawaii-anime-girl-girl-girls-Favim.com-598141_large.png
Place of birth: Earth, away from mount Olympus.
Extra: She doesn't realize she's quite pretty, so has a knack for getting into very dubious situations. Dislikes the winter, and creepy crawly bugs like spiders and centipede. Although she loves dogs, she's afraid of them. She's quite weak, barely capable of lifting her own weight on the monkey bars. Is afraid of the dark. Has difficulty saying 'no' to people, which is another reason why she ends up in sticky situations. Oh and she doesn't like mint either.

Name: Persephone (occasionally called Kore as well)
Goddess of: Vegetation, and Queen of the underworld (associated with rebirth)
Powers: Persephone has the ability to affect life. In plants she can let them grow, move and even die to her will. On people her power has a healing effect, rebirthing the affected area in a sense. While she uses her powers the palms of her hands glow slightly. She also has the ability to place and/or fulfill curses placed upon people, but that power frightens her so she avoids using it at all costs. The strength of her powers isn't great, but it increases or decreases with the amount of confidence she has, and/or with the presence of either Demeter or Hades. (Which of her powers gets stronger depends on who is near in that case. Demeter: Plant growth & healing. Hades: Curses & healing)
Traits: She is extremely timid. More likely to duck her head down, apologize and run away. Soft spoken, rarely speaks up at all, but still has a knack for getting in extremely dubious situations (that she has no control over luckily she's usually rescued by some passer by at the last moment). In the very very off chance that she does stand up for herself and fights back she means what she says and can appear quite strong, only to end up scouring off to a corner moments later. She is willing to fight for friends though.
Family:
Demeter (Goddess of harvest, mother)
Zeus (Ruler over Olympus, father)
Despoina (Goddess shrouded in mystery, daughter of Demeter and Poseidon, half sister)
Hades(Pluto) (Ruler of the underworld, husband)
And many more aunts and uncles.
Appearance: A pretty girl with a doe's soft and warm hazelnut eyes. Her soft skin is bountifully kissed by the radiance of the sun. Like a field of golden grain her hair flows in loose curls till it reaches her lower arch. Her choice of clothing primarily consists of a light blue or pastel green dress. Her only jewelry is an onyx pendant hung on a silver chain around her neck.
(Eye color in the image is incorrect, same for the frilly and ribbon loaded outfit. She wears simple clothes.)
anime-kawaii-anime-girl-girl-girls-Favim.com-598141_large.png
Place of birth: Earth, away from mount Olympus.
Extra: She doesn't realize she's quite pretty, so has a knack for getting into very dubious situations. Dislikes the winter, and creepy crawly bugs like spiders and centipede. Although she loves dogs, she's afraid of them. She's quite weak, barely capable of lifting her own weight on the monkey bars. Is afraid of the dark. Has difficulty saying 'no' to people, which is another reason why she ends up in sticky situations. Oh and she doesn't like mint either.
acepted!

Name: Ishtar
Goddess of: Fertility, love, war, and sex
Mythology: Assyrian/Babylonian
Powers: She can invoke lust upon her adversaries. This unfortunately is a bit of a double edged sword, as the attackers will not attack her, but they will instead start lusting after her. She can't sway them to do her bidding though. She can also get into your head and show you the image of twelve beautiful courtesans, all wanting you to be their master. This of course isn't real, just an illusion that could potentially leave the opponent in ultimate bliss. Her powers have no affect on women.
Traits: Total Drama Queen, no doubt about it. And a full on attention wh.. seeker. The type you'll find on her phone and Facebook constantly, using Instagram to make pictures of her food, and of course the proverbial duck-face pictures. Anything funny she sees will be tweeted for all the world to read, regardless of what that does to the other person's reputation. Of course she will not tolerate it if anyone EVER posts anything about her without her full authorisation. Oh and a spoiled princess to boot.
Family:
Ninurta (mother)
Appearance: She has curves like Marilyn Monroe, though a much smaller waist, and a prominent bosom that she flaunts in any way possible. Her hair is deep chestnut brown, with large full waves that frame her face and curl perfectly around her breasts.
She only wears clothes that accent her hourglass figure to the max and are absolutely fashionable.
She has almond shaped, amber colored eyes that just sparkle at any moment of the day. (Except in the morning just after she's up, she's murderous dragon then.) She has perfect white teeth and full cherry colored lips with a perfect cupid's bow. Her arms and legs are long, elegant and thin, but strong due to being a cheerleader. She stands around 1.70m but appears at least 10cm taller than that due to always wearing high heels.
Place of birth: Earth?
Extra: TBA

Name: Ishtar
Goddess of: Fertility, love, war, and sex
Mythology: Assyrian/Babylonian
Powers: She can invoke lust upon her adversaries. This unfortunately is a bit of a double edged sword, as the attackers will not attack her, but they will instead start lusting after her. She can't sway them to do her bidding though. She can also get into your head and show you the image of twelve beautiful courtesans, all wanting you to be their master. This of course isn't real, just an illusion that could potentially leave the opponent in ultimate bliss. Her powers have no affect on women.
Traits: Total Drama Queen, no doubt about it. And a full on attention wh.. seeker. The type you'll find on her phone and Facebook constantly, using Instagram to make pictures of her food, and of course the proverbial duck-face pictures. Anything funny she sees will be tweeted for all the world to read, regardless of what that does to the other person's reputation. Of course she will not tolerate it if anyone EVER posts anything about her without her full authorisation. Oh and a spoiled princess to boot.
Family:
Ninurta (mother)
Appearance: She has curves like Marilyn Monroe, though a much smaller waist, and a prominent bosom that she flaunts in any way possible. Her hair is deep chestnut brown, with large full waves that frame her face and curl perfectly around her breasts.
She only wears clothes that accent her hourglass figure to the max and are absolutely fashionable.
She has almond shaped, amber colored eyes that just sparkle at any moment of the day. (Except in the morning just after she's up, she's murderous dragon then.) She has perfect white teeth and full cherry colored lips with a perfect cupid's bow. Her arms and legs are long, elegant and thin, but strong due to being a cheerleader. She stands around 1.70m but appears at least 10cm taller than that due to always wearing high heels.
Place of birth: Earth?
Extra: TBA
Also accepted ~

Sounds fun, im just reserving a spot while I think something up

Status
Not open for further replies.