Red Rose For The Devil's Bride

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Monroe arched his eyebrow at her question, but aside from that, his expression was the same as it had been. "Lunaria..." he said quietly as a smile danced across his lips. "If it is someone who you love dearly, then it is a feeling of divine bliss. In the dead of winter, with the fire crackling in the fireplace, wrapped in the arms of the one that you call your dear love, it is a thing of pure beauty." He chuckled softly. "Oh goodness, now that you bring it back to recollection, I remember just how long it's been since I've had the privilege of mine heart being graced by such a feeling. Then again, it's rather difficult to find a woman who wishes to be part of a family associated with such tyranny, you know?"

"I do not." She said, gazing at him with furrowed eyebrows and a slight scowl. "If you love someone, then it does not matter. True love is unconditional. Meaning no matter the person's past, family, title... you would love them regardless. No matter what they did. Even if it would hurt you, or anger you, or break your heart- no matter what... you would go on loving them for eternity. That is what love is." She stated strongly. Her expression softened and she raised a hand to cup his cheek. "If any woman left you because of your family name, then she is not worth caring for..." She offered him a small smile. For a moment she felt upset that he could think of something like that. To her, anything besides unconditional love- was not love at all. Love knew no boundaries, or conditions.

Monroe could feel his cheeks flush as Lunaria laid her hand upon it. "Words of true wisdom, Lunaria." he said quietly as he softly put his hand to hers. "Luminary, to say the least." His gaze quickly fell to the floor as his ears turned red, as he so desperately wanted to turn his thoughts to words, but he dared not speak them. Not yet anyway, they had only just met, and such things had no place flitting about her ears. Monroe let out a short breath before continuing. "Within the coldest hearts burns the hottest fires. My mother used to say that when I was a child. It would always be mentioned when she explained our lineage, and I think I'm finally realizing what it means."