Reality Vs Fantasy: A Funny Discussion

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

XIII

I reject your reality and substitute my own
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
Online Availability
Daytime. Night time. Any time.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Romance, Fantasy. Always some kind of non-human involved. (Such a vampires, succubi, incubi, etc.)
Good morning/afternoon/evening to all you cool cats and kittens!

I have a pretty humorous story. So last night, as my husband I were sitting around the fire in our backyard, I came across a tiktok and it just made me absolutely crack up. This kid and his mom were playing a game, and the question was 'What is something you didn't know the truth about until recently?' or something along those lines. And the kid responds, "I didn't know narwhals were real until last week." I thought it was so funny, I showed my husband, who, with this blank stare, goes "Wait.....narwhals are real?"

THIS PAPERCLIP DIDN'T KNOW NARWHALS WERE REAL.

So I had to explain to him that narwhals were, indeed, a real animal, and even showed him pictures and videos. BLEW. HIS. MIND.

So my question to you, Iwaku, is what is something that you didn't find out until recently?

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't recent, but when I was in the 2nd grade, my teacher got upset with me because for my underwater animal project, I choose mermaids. And did a whole week of "research" on mermaids and cited a bunch of websites. Because I DID believe they were 100% real 😔

• Love
  • Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Dusk and XIII