Ready or not, here they come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing the explosion, Levi couldn't believe it. First this guy blows off rounds, attracts dead walkers within a two mile radius, and now he's gone off and blew them up. They would have heard that noise from far off miles away, and the fire would be a beckon for them to follow. "Either we put that shit out or we have to run. I'd like to kick my boot up that moron's ass," Levi growled as he tore off, barley noticing the man that had offered to fight beside him. There were still quite a few dead walkers around, maybe six. Pulling out his saber, he took a running jump and kicked one to the ground from a blow to the chest. Slamming his saber into its head, he continued. These guys could handle the rest, there weren't that many. They'd just have to be smart about it. He was going to try and put the fire out and more.

Eva watched the whole scene from the branch, she was perched on. The guy who blew up the car had to be a total idiot. If she were another person, she would had shot that dumbass down, before he had the chance to blow that car up, but she had vowed to never shoot a living human, however stupid they were. Before the whole zombie apocalypse thing started, she was not very fond of violence and war but now, she had to survive and though, she still held aversion for violence, she knew that she had to fight to keep herself alive.

Getting herself down from the tree, she took the small, silver whistle hanging from her neck and blew it. Though the sound was undetectable to the human ears, animals -specially dogs- could hear the sound clear as day. Soon, two big huskies found their way to her. As soon as they were next to her, she scratched behind their ears and told them to lead the way to their safe place. Though alert to any sound around her, she let her mind wonder to the day she found the two puppies in the street, two years ago, yet, people wouldn't think they were still puppies back then due to how big they were. She was 14 back then and though, she was only 19 now, her way of thinking was more mature for her age. However, zombie apocalypses does that to people, it makes them grow up faster. Anyways, she had found them almost starved to death and taking pity of them, she took them to her house. At the time, she didn't know how important they would be for her survival, but now she was glad she had convinced her mother to keep them.

Knowing that she couldn't stay there for much longer, she decided to go back to her place. Yes, she should help those people but how did she knew that they would let her leave in peace once they were finished. They weren't the first group she had seen and surely they weren't going to be the last. However, her feeling of guilt started to takeover, so with a sigh of surrender, she called her dogs and turn around. Her short, black hair swayed with the light breeze, her blue eyes catching the few rays of sunlight still left in the sky, making them sparkle with determination. Checking that all her weapons were in place. With her machete in hand, her handgun on her side holster and her Lee-Enfield rifle strapped to her back, she carefully made her way towards the others, Magnum and Leo, following her footsteps. 'They better not be the type of people that shoot first and asks questions later, because that would hurt...'

As she was getting closer, she became more alert to her surroundings. She knew that there had to be some 'walkers' around. 'That explosion couldn't have killed them all.' As if on cue, she heard one twig snap to close for comfort and once she went around a tree, she saw them; three of them. She tried to avoid a confrontation with them by inching away as quiet as possible but that's when she tripped with an outgrowing root, and fell. 'Damn it!' Magnum and Leo, quickly jumped in front of her, barking and growling to defend her but she knew that, even though big, the dogs would be no match to them. Gripping her machete tightly, she quickly got up and launch her attack. 'If I die here today. There better be an awesome spa where I'm going because, I really need a good day of relaxation...'

Roy paused there was a walker coming up behind him, he drew his kukri knife and jammed it in to the walkers head. "and stay down" Roy said triumphantly. Roy enters an old office block around two storyies tall with fire exit out back with the retractable ladder that the saw as he came through the back, once inside he layed wires ,bear traps and mines that fired nails when they exploded around the door and windows and started to have a rummage through the contents of the office.

Looking over as he passed, he noticed three dead walkers turning their attention from the group. Stopping, Levi looked closer and saw two fully grown dogs, protecting something. 'Or someone,' he thought as he started off into a jog. If the dead walkers did not spot him coming up from behind, he stood a good chance against them. so as he went, he'd gotten an idea. Stopping, he picked up a branch from the forest floor and tossed it in the other direction of the dead walkers. One stopped going after the girl and started walking swiftly towards the stick, figuring a survivor to be trying to make their escape.

Pulling his saber out, he twisted and slammed the blade into one dead walker's neck and through it, dismembering the head from it's shoulders. The body fell to the ground and he turned on the other, sliding the blade into its skull. Turning to Eva, he offered his hand. He didn't say anything; he intended to leave her and the group behind after this to go find Marco. If that was he was still alive. If he was, he'd be avoiding this area; Levi would be lucky if he would find his friend any time soon.

a loud crash came from the office as a window broke then 2 loud bangs as Roy let fly a flare in to the air and a shot from his Winchester, he hoped someone would see his flare and come help out as mostly all the traps on the bottom floor were triggers by walkers and now he was stuck on the roof.

Asuna saw the man who has saved her life earlier speed off in pursuit of more walkers. She watched him take one down , then saw him face two dogs. They growled at first, but then relented when a petite girl she recognized from her small campsite jumped off a branch concealed in the tree. She ran to the girl, abandoning the fire and her companion, who was following behind her slowly.

"I'm sorry to cut the pleasantries, but we have a bit of a situation." She smiled kindly at the girl, causing the man to roll his eyes. "Could you see about the location where the car was shot? I really don't want to do this, but if we are actually going to survive out here, we need to find the guy that keeps blowing stuff up and shooting. He'll just keep attracting them."

Eva was in position to attack the walkers coming towards her but before she had a chance, she tripped over another root. "Dammit it! Today is ,definitely, not my day…" She was prepared to die, but that is when one of the guys that were trying to put out the fire came to her 'rescue'. She watched silently, as he dismembered the head of one of the walkers and slicing the head of the other. She would admit, that she was impressed; hell, just because she didn't like violence didn't meant that she didn't find fighting for survival, exhilarating.

Snapping out of her thoughts, she found a hand in front of her face. Looking up at her 'hero', who was keen on staying silent, she took the offered hand and let him pulled her up. "Thank you…I guess I would have been walker's lunch by now, if was for you…" Turning away from him, she calmed her dogs down, who were whining with worry for her. "I'm okay guys…see?" She outstretched her hands, and turned around in a circle, so they could see she was okay. Seeing that, both dogs calmed down instantly and quickly ran to her, tackling her down. Laughing softly, Eva scratched them behind their ears and let them lick her for reassurance.

"Okay guys that's enough." Standing up, she was cut off by a girl she recognized from their campsite. Listening to her request, she smiled and nodded. "Actually, I watched the whole thing. He was not far from the car, probably a block or two; so he couldn't have gone far. My best guess is that he went inside one of the buildings around…I'm sorry that I didn't stop him when I had the chance but you know how I feel about shooting a living person." Feeling a bit ashamed, that she wasn't able to stop the man that was causing all their troubles, she averted her, guilt filled, gaze. However, she hoped that her information was helpful.

Asuna looked with pity at the girl, who didn't look much older than she was. She didn't blame her, however, for letting the idiot go. If it had been only a few years ago, she herself would have done the same, hoping to avoid conflict with a potentionay dangerous foe. But now, she wouldn't hesitate to eliminate anyone threatening her survival. It was sad, really. Asuna was only 14, already forced to fend entirely for herself.

She smiled at the girl. "Don't worry about it. The blast wasn't that long ago, and if his history proves anything, he'll reveal his own location soon enough." She looked behind her at the dying flames, pulling her hair out of her face and up into a rough ponytail. Suddenly, the group of four heard a metallic clanking from one of the abandoned office buildings. She looked at the group, who were readying their weapons. "I think that's our cue."

Last edited by a moderator:
smacking down the last of the horde on the roof Roy calmly walked towards roof access staircase, "phew that was a close one" Roy mutters as he opens the door and heads downstairs.

She knew how dangerous it was to run into people. Emma had to stay hidden. The only reason she was still living was because she stayed alone. But some people were just... dumb. After all that fighting and exploding, she needed to get out. More walkers were already flooding into the scene. Zoe, her cat, was already getting restless. Oh, no. Someone was looking at her.

Before the group could pursue the man making such a scene- they decided his name to be "Roy" from witnesses- they heard a small mewling and some purring in the underbrush just a few feet away. They all drew their weapons, and Asuna took a few hesitant steps forward to discover the source of the noise.

A young girl was standing in the forest, holding a large but skinny cat. They both looked slightly malnourished, and the girl had a look of fear when she was discovered. They lowered their weapons, knowing that this girl was no threat. "Why are you in these woods? How much did you hear?" Asuna asked calmly, her hand still on her weapon.

Roy Paused upon hearing a cat mewing and he turned round and headed back to the source of the sound. "a cat..? i must be going slightly crazy" he mutters as he walks over to where the sound came from.

A young woman was holding a gun. She had asked her what she had seen and heard. Zoe turned and hissed. Emma couldn't move.

Roy came to the source of the sound and spotted the woman with the gun and came to a halt about 3 feet away from the gathering of people

The stupider one came out of his hideout. The young woman was still looking at her.

Roy had his hand close to his revolver in its holster as he knew other survivors could be temperamental and unpredictable as he walked closer only by a foot.

Finally, she knew she had to speak. "I... I saw everything. I live in a cabin a few minutes away."

hearing this roy walked over and joined the group but still kept one hand near his revolver just in case.

The dumber one, roy, she thought they called him, was getting closer, with a revolver in his hand. She stepped back.

"relax im not gonna shoot you its in its holster its and old habit of mine to have hand near my revolver just incase i meet any survivors who are jumpy" Roy said taking his hand away from the holsters revolver.

Status
Not open for further replies.