1. The server transfer is complete, but there is a known issue occurring with posts lagging when they are sent! We apologize for the inconvenience. A fix is underway, so please bear with us.

UPDATE: The issue with post lag appears to be fixed, but the search system is temporarily down, as it was the culprit. It will be back up later!

Read Comics in Public Day

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Ochalla, Aug 26, 2012.

1. To quote from their official instructions:

"1. Visit your local comics shoppe.
    2. Browse the selection of comic bookery.
    3. Choose a title from their selection. Pro tip: Be adventurous!
    3A. If you cannot choose between two or more titles, do not fret! You may purchase multiple books for consumption now or at a later date.
    3B. If you are new to comic bookery and are having difficulty selecting a title, consult with an employee. They are here to help.
    4. Purchase your selection from the cashier.
    5. Place books in a regulation comics storage receptacle. Exit shoppe.
    6. Find a suitable reading location.
    7. Commence comics reading.
    8. Have a friend or loved one document your participation with a photograph.
    9. Show your comics-literacy pride by sending your photo to the Read Comics In Public Day sponsors at ReadComicsInPublic@gmail.com ."

Apparently their main website is down, but there's the FB page: https://www.facebook.com/readcomicsinpublic

2. wait you need a day for that....i do that way to much as is

3. I agree with most of this, and it also seems like a lot of fun ^^>

4. That's a great idea. De-stigmatizing certain forms of entertainment is a noble goal. I wish I'd known about this before today, which is apparently the event day.Well, next time.