Reaching the Peak - (A Realistic Pokemon Roleplay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Borkasu Lazer

Original poster

(=0=)
Reaching the Peak
(=0=)
-----------------------------------------------------------

" ..It is not the mountain that we conquer but ourselves...."
- The motto inscribed on the Indigo Plateau Greeting Sign

be5f6f598944511f99c7fff22d5e7dc14158996b_hq.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Becoming a trainer. It's a commonality nowadays and seems more of a requirement of anyone born now. Yet, out of the thousands upon thousands that join in this fruitless endeavour, only dozens make it past the blockade of Gyms that surround the Plateau, only a few manage to strike down the crows that guard the throne and only one. Rarely so. Overthrows the king. The Champion.

So, why do we, as humans, engage in this seemingly Herculean task, at odds with thousands of others eyeing the throne? Why do we participate in blood-sport? Why do we aim so high?

Well, behind all the bureaucracy of the Indigo League and the veneer of modernisation, there is still the same reason. The Champion is a idealization of power, of strength, of discipline, of what it means to be the very best out of all of us. Like no one ever was. On this god-forsaken rock. The Champion is a god among men. He is the very epitome of mankind.

But, every god needs a form of worship. How do we worship this so-called god?

The Games, of course. We are his chosen flock. We fight to pay tribute to him and gain passage to his realm. The worthy champions. For out of the entire flock, there exists one anomaly that is able to defeat him, to murder him, to rip out his heart, to cut him down.

Only a Champion can defeat a Champion.

That is why we Trainers exist.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you've just seen in the post above, I may be extremely ambitious and over-bearing for a Blue-Star Role-player of my age.

I am currently looking for a partner to do a Realistic Pokemon Roleplay with. This choice and type of genre might seem a little disconcerting at first but let me have my say before you close this tab.

Applying realism to Pokemon is a odd choice. Most people believe adding realism to most fandoms can lead it to becoming too edgy or ' grim-dark '. A mistake I see with trying to make fandoms too dark is that it inevitably leads to slavery, drug abuse, lots of gun-toting and lack of subtlety. I am not trying to do that here. What I am trying to do is a approach that is mature and respectful of how a society based on large-scale cock-fighting and creatures of vast powers would function if it existed today.

I'm building a new world up from the scratch in this RP. There are two rules that I'm sticking with in this world.

The plot of this RP, as it would be, would involve our two characters as two new applied Trainers in the Kanto Region who are aiming for a goal with hundreds of trainers. To reach the Plateau and kick Lance off his throne. One year to challenge the man himself.

Requirements for my roleplay partner would be that you-

1. Have a decent amount of literacy.
2. Know Pokemon in and out.
3. Are geniunely interested in the concept of a realistic Pokemon world.
4. Have fun!

Peace out- Borkasu Lazer​

Reactions: mango
If you are still looking for a partner for this and don't mind a redstar buddy, I may be interested. I would need to create a trainer character, so we can talk about what some features you would like to see and I can work on building something from there. I'm pretty flexible as long as I can get into a feel for the world.

Yeah. I don't mind a red-star buddy.@Navuso. I'm still looking for a partner so you're welcome to join.

• Love
Reactions: Navuso
Status
Not open for further replies.