Razilin's a Badass (and other people's badass moments)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just now, I heard a freaky and unpleasant screeching noise coming from outside and I went out to investigate, even though I was somewhat concerned that I could get rabies from whatever creature was out there. O_O I carefully poked around the bushes with a flashlight, flinching every time the bushes moved as I was worried some raccoon or something would jump out at me...

In the end, though, it was just an injured bird. O_O

BUT STILL, I HAD THE NERVE TO GO OUT THERE AND FIGURE OUT WHAT IT WAS. Even though the screeching was freaky enough to make my cat -- the creature's own natural predator -- get all poofy like cats do when they feel threatened. o_o

I survived being kicked around by 3 people and used it to motivate me to help make life better for others like me. And to stand up to a culture that actively label me abnormal and wrong.

Reactions: Razilin
Though life's been a blast lately, I have to go back a few years to mind the most appropriate moment:

Led troops on a survey/engineering mission in the "red zones" of Iraq, as the senior ranking member (Air Force Captain) safely maneuvering a six man team to mission accomplishment. We were armed with two M-4s, two M-16s, and two M-9s, and traveled by foot and by boat for almost four hours.

Back in 2006, after six long months of dealing with poor technical support from Comcast, I diagnosed the problem myself.

The issue I was having at the time was extreme internet speed loss, high packet loss and sometimes no connectivity for extensive lengths of time. After technicians came out to my house and did everything from change my modem to change the cable on the entire street, I discovered the real problem. Road construction crews had severed a number of cables along a stretch of highway near the house that was being widened, and those crews had buried the cables and pretended nothing happened. After spotting crews from other companies working on their lines, I mentioned to Comcast what I saw and believed to be the problem.

My service was running normally by the end of the business day. I also had six months worth of credit and was upgraded to a higher tier of broadband service.

It's not the first time I reported a problem to a company before the problem became apparent to that company. In 1998, while I was with Bellsouth for my internet service, I experienced troubles connecting to websites via web addresses, but no problems at all connecting via IP address. I phoned their technical service line to report the DNS server outage. The guy on the other end said, without missing a beat, that everything was fine. I challenged him to double check. Upon his own attempt to connect to websites, he simply told me that I was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.