Ray Heart (Completed/Finished)

Making her way in Baloc took a breath finally inside. Nerves slowly settling though not fully. She admired the state of the place. It was nice, even regal compared to her upbringing. She watched the people mingle and noticed the stares. This was never new, but it bothered her all the same. The looks of those higher than her looking down on her. Something she hated and lived with all through her life. But she grew to understand one thing about these people. It was fun to play with their perceptions.

Walking past a few of the gossiping groups she signed the book. Baloc, forge master. However she did not place her gifts in the pile. She was given instructions to give them to either the buyer for the couple or the couple themselves. Looking around she made eye contact with one of the gossiping groups giving a well practiced bow of respectful greeting. Then smiled so her teeth and fangs glinted in the morning light. Her mild intimidation complete she turned to enter the hall. Gifts in hand she had no intention of letting her works be at the hands of those she never would trust.

The hall was grand and the chairs set up made the room seem full even if it was massive. She took her time admiring the room. The chairs setting the majority of the items taking space she had to find her seat. But she found herself admiring the decorations at the other end of the room. Where the ceremony was to occur she found less interest in and instead saw something more her speed. The room was more detailed and extravagant than her home. Not from an entirely insignificant noble bloodline herself she could see worth. Looking at mounted weapons she admired the craft. They were exquisite. Made, forged, and shaped with care. The sign of a true master made them.

She made no attempt to hold or touch the weapon. Though the urge to do so was there. To hold and admire it's weight in her hands. The balance of it or even if made extremely well the weight differences to make it more lethal in specific styles. She found herself lost in admiring what was on display. Mainly in the weapons and paintings of battle. All the fancy stuff she had expected with a noble wedding. Moving to the next she viewed a suit or armor hands grasping the weapon blade down before it. In a noble stance like a waiting guard. Her eyes moved over the armor noticing the etching and gold used to detail it. The suit or plate itself could probably fund thousands of crafts if she were to sell it. But she chuckled at the thought. To sell someone else's work that was so beautiful would be a shame. To wear such beauty into battle would be the true gift. She soon forgot about her surroundings eyes completely fixed on what was displayed. Moving only after taking in as much detail of the beautiful and lethal works in the grand hall.

These civilized words and replies grazed over Gattas' sweltering temper, his sharp eyes turning more and more murderous with each passing second. Flames consumed his hardships, and the fingers clenched around speak volumes of the intense emotions he's suppressing. The dance of steel and spell in front of him gave no comfort nor entertainment to Gattas, and surprisingly, he listened to the frantic suggestions of both the Eldritch Knights and the patron that was acting a bit too heroic. He calmly walked downstairs and started to give his orders to staff, asking them to quickly evacuate the patrons and prepare buckets of water to douse the growing inferno over their heads. Giving his kids a glance, they would sense the terrible mood their father was currently in, a blaze on its own that wouldn't be quenched by anything but blood. "Be back in ah few minutes, gotta deal with the source o' all this ruckus. Tell yer mum ah'll explain when ah come back, don't ya be panickin', yer mum's magicks should help with all this.", these words were shadowed by his distant gaze, his mind reconstructing the surrounding streets and structures in ways a cornered animal would. Danger exists in all levels, after all, and everyone had a bit of the beast inside them, and he believed Kaz would have more than the average citizen.

His slowed pace built into a sudden dash, his stout legs giving him speed that don't fit his very homely appearance. Feet marking the walls with mud and soot, he ran on the walls of alleys and streets, mind actively analyzing the actions Kaz would take while injured and severely burnt. The stench of burnt flesh, fabrics, and ozone aren't quick to dissipate, and this just furthered his thoughts as he nimbly jumped upwards and started running along the rooftiles. When familiar faces cross his gaze, he'd give a forced smile and shout loud his intent to take down the source of the fire, leaving behind the message that they shouldn't be too worried as his wife is there to address the possibility of the fire spreading. Axe in hand, he'd summon and unsummon it in various instances, sometimes he needed a hand to grab a ledge, and sometimes the bladed tip of a magical axe can do the work for him by biting into stone or wood for support. Regardless, he traveled like the wind.

Eventually, his eyes recognized the silhouette of that supposed Samaritan, and this made his eyes narrow. At first, he thought that perhaps this is an accomplice of Kaz, which would most likely destroy any former notions Gattas had of Kaz's personality and traits. Underestimating a stranger, that's a lesson that led to a failure way back then, and his battles afterwards have molded it to something more appropriate. Though it seems his sense in accommodating and reacting to subtle or hidden dangers has dulled from his time in walled cities where the thickest armor is placed on the faces of the greatest liars and manipulators. Hearing his words though, Gattas quickly removed this idea from his mind, but that just made him hasten more. That means his instincts were right, Kaz was going in the direction he expected. With the madness of a stalking predator, he jumped over an alleyway, and down below, he saw his prey. No words were needed, as Gattas swung his hatchet and threw it towards Kaz's fleeing back. This shouldn't take too long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Time: 12:00 PM
Day: Monday
Weather:
Mostly clear and sunny with few clouds and a light cold breeze. Just above freezing in the sun.
Those Involved: @Wiggin @ShiroKiyoshi @slifer @Elvario @Ur Degaton @Skyhunter @TheEccentric @The_Queer_Alien @CaptainLiterally @Soverign @Ariel @EldridSmith @Nero Kunivas
TooLongDidn'tRead: Cringing Cockatrice is smoking, Thorne and Naeva are becoming adults apparently, the wedding ceremony is getting underway, and Solomon is getting propositioned for stuff and things, and there will be blood in the back alleys...

Note From The Author: (For some, stuff is happening. For others stuff is getting to a happening point. If it moving too slow for you, let me know. )
Post Listening:

Cringing Cockatrice

The tavern, vacated by patrons and customers alike was billowing enough dark smoke to be visible all around the city now. While Gattas's family worked with other nearby helpers to keep things dretched and Gattas's wife used water magic to start dousing the building as a whole, the flames spread quickly and the damage was devastating. Only time would tell if the building could be saved as everyone continued to fight the fire the best way they could. The smell of smoke and wood burning was sensed down every major street and alley connected with the tavern.

West City Streets - Fae District

The dryad was confused for a moment as Thorne and Naeva behaved awkwardly before her, but quickly understanding, she smiled mischievously as she uncrossed her arms and hung upside-down to continue the conversation. Everything about her humanoid form was visible and seemed to defy gravity. Her hair drifted listlessly and gently rippled as she occasionally turned her head.

"I am..."

The dryad, Linetta, replied, extending a hand toward Thorne. Green dots of light gently floated from her extended fingers to the somewhat visible, injured arm. Spores and seeds of all sorts began to sprout on Thorne, starting at his arm and working through the rest of him. The sounds produced were just as odd and offputting as the feeling of all the plantlife wriggling its way around his person. While some of the growth harmlessly fell off, some of seedlings started to burrow into his clothes and equipment. However, the stuff on his injured arm started to intertwine itself around the arm over and over again binding it tight together until no crack was visible. A green glow emanated from the arm for a time and was gone. Afterward, the plants stopped growing, Thorne felt better and smelled like a forest, and the dryad started swining back and forth for the lols. She was seemingly being affected by gravity in a few very obvious ways, but the tree limb didn't sway at all, hinting at the charade.

"Now, since I did you this favor, you can owe me a favor..."

Just then, a potted plant of some kind made its presence known with a gentle grind of the clay pot against the brick walkway between the tree and Naeva.

"I need you to plant that little one in the garden of the Rook estate. It's in the southern, human district. I'm sure I can rely on you to do this thing without too many question asked. Especially, since I didn't ask why a thing such as you would come to be with wounds like those. For all I know, you could be involving me in something a tree aught knot get involved with"

Her fae like laughter sounded like a wind chimes in a gentle breeze.

the-temple-complez.jpg

4acf4f7ed675a28dec83fe2718f2fe79.jpg

Yeothal Turf

While Yeothal heard Solomon out, Bill and Ted couldn't hide their incredulous reactions to Solomon's story.

"Say, Boss. This bum sayin some weird things. You get what he sayin?"

"Ya, like, totally confusing. Never heard no bum or farmer like 'em."

Bill and Ted commented to their boss as they continued drinking from their respective bottles.

"At least try to hide your stupidity, boys,"

Yeothal said with a sigh. Afterward, he pondered Solomon's words for a moment. He gave Solomon and once over and then finally sat and broke the awkward moment.

"Me and my boys will be going out tonight. Since you'll be staying around for a while, why not join up with us. I have somethin in mind for you to do that's within your capabilities. What do you say...ah, what was your name again? Mine's obviously Yeothal."

Yeothal leaned forward in his chair to reach out a hand and offer it for a shake.

50a698b45f7e47ced68ec3e64661a2fd.jpg

8dbd7dac423d0df1fe3a91f03e23d7cc.jpg

Rook City Estate

While Emanthe and Verity left the estate and woul be able to rush toward the smoking blaze that was the Cringing Cockatrice in the distance, the rest of the wedding goers would be getting rounded up. It seemed as though the ceremony was getting ready to proceed. Kyrian would be guided to the podium with an altar sitting before it. Some candle ritual was setup on the altar for use during the ceremony. Looking out over the chamber, he would see the guests being slowly but surely guided in and led to assigned seating. Baloc was already seated by this time and stood out clearly compared to most of the other guests. Her size and racial features made missing her impossible. The chair being able to support the beast kin for the duration of the ceremony was questionable.

During the time the guests were being led in, Kyrian and Baloc would note sudden movement at the 2nd floor balcony overlooking the ground floor of the hall. It was to the opposite side of the of the bride's balcony. There was nothing else of note until the guests finished piling in. Then the music changed tone to something more of an upbeat march. The guests were instructed to rise and face to their left. There, the bride in all her splendor made an appearance. Trailed by her bridesmaids, the bride led a parade of beauty and elegance. The occasional shouting from before the gathering a distant memory. However, it couldn't stop the whispers.

Of the bridesmaids behind the bride, one was Maspira VonRichten. Her strapless white gown exposed slender, red shoulders. To some, she was hideous. To others, she was an eerie, otherworldly beauty that looked as much out of place as Baloc did, if not more so. How someone of her ilk was close friends of the bride is unclear and many wondered.

Surprisingly, the guests were instructed to remain standing as a slightly different tune played and the Groom made his first appearance all day. Lord Rook descended the stairs with only his head butler in tow. Although dressed sharply, the groom had the tell-tale look to the discerning eye of someone put together just moments before. His face, lacking any powdering, showed sleepless, unfocused eyes. As he walked toward the altar, it was also apparent he favored his right side, likely in relation to some unseen hurt. He was otherwise a non-descript tall, dark, and handsome man. Some of the women in the crowd and in the bride train made eyes at him despite the business he was currently about. Being a lord drew no end of attention.

The ceremony was now in Kyrian's hands. Unfortunately, Kasm decided the overly serious and somber nature of the gathering was too tempting to not F#$% with it...

Southern City Back Street

Kaz would begin to feel his body going into a lesser form of shock. Between the blood loss, the burns, injuries, and running around in the freezing weather half dressed, a normal man likely would have stopped moving by now. Kaz was considerably more hardy and instead was forced to slow his pace and move erratically for a moment to try and better catch a breath that always seemed to come in short. The steam wafting off the man's body was suddenly sliced by a hatchet that whizzed by Kaz's face. His body suddenly succumbing to some of the strain actually spared him some additional hurt this time.

With Gattas on one side of the alley and Kaz and Kallias on the other side, there was a bit of a stare down as the goblin quickly approached. It was clear he was there for business. If it turned into a fight, Kaz was wounded and at a disadvantage. The question became how much did the outsider Kallias wish to get involved. With most folks moving toward the burning tavern far behind Gattas, they were mostly alone there in the back alley. Snow crunched beneath their feet. The smell of a burning building would do little to settle the goblin who would immediately know it was his home going up in smoke, and it was this kid in front of him that caused it. More distant but clearly approaching, the clanking of metal armor could be heard. a Detachment of knights, still unseen, were approaching the area from the direction of the Tavern.

Reactions: Soverign
Verity

Interactions: Emanthe @EldridSmith

After Emanthe and Verity left the estate, Verity spoke up. "What are your thoughts on the Baroness? I cannot shake off the feeling that she's hiding something. I'd love to take a peak into her mind to confirm it, but I'm afraid that it'd get me in trouble. There's a possibility that I could get her to volunteer to it, but I'd need a better argument than simply stating that I don't really trust her." As they kept heading into the direction of the tavern, she noticed the scent of burning wood hanging in the air.

"That's not good..." Verity's statement upon seeing the rising from the direction of the tavern was fairly self-obvious, but she couldn't stop herself from uttering it. She quickly upped her pace into a run, which soon confronted her with a burning Cringing Cockatrice. Her magic wasn't able to put fires to rest, but there was one way she could help. She subtle tried to get any passive bystanders to be a little more empathetic and start helping out, whilst magically spreading a bit of courage to get everyone to keep going on bravely.

She turned towards the nearest people. "Did everyone manage to get out?" Running into burning buildings wasn't her speciality, she'd likely just add herself onto the pile of casualties if she wasn't careful, but Emanthe might be willing to give it a go if needed. In her own case, other than mixing in a few emotions that would make the people around her help out a bit more, there was little she could do than to give a good example by passing on buckets of water along with the rest of them. Some knights might find such a thing to be beneath them, but she figured that joining in with these types of efforts was the best way to connect with the common folk.

Reactions: EldridSmith
Aramil Argannon
eQgIgsD.jpg

It took him a couple of weeks, but the protection of that construction off the walls was success. It was his third mission completed without heading back into the city. Aramil felt satisfied with himself. As a pat to himself on the back, he decided to venture into the city, looking for something of interest. Sadly, he got exactly that. Wandering across a market, looking for a tasty lunch, was when he noticed the plume of smoke in the distance. Way too big to be a chimney. Not thinking twice about it, Aramil separated from bystanders near him to envelop himself in dark blue flames, and take off towards the source of the smoke.

Flying there took him no time, the main flaming building was a tavern. Something something Cockatrice, he had been there once or twice. The fire was raging on, but as much as he'd like to blast it with water to extinguish the flames, his power probably would just leave the building even more damaged. Instead, he opted to hover above it, lifting his left hand right over his head. And tried his best to channel the flames and smoke out of the buildings, and eject it above him through his hand. It may have not been immediate, since he wasn't ensuing chaos, but at least he was channeling destructive energy, so his magic was having a considerable effect. Especially considering he wasn't the only one attempting to put out the fire.

56f2bb3936be339994c3f5cd009b4693.jpg
Emanthe noticing the cold tone and the flick of her ears, he found his little comment regarding the details of the case of what happened to the kidnappers and the inappropriateness was found to be an offense of some kind. "Apologies if I misspoke Ms. Verity." He obliged, he had been spending much time lecturing people recently between his time with the recruits recently and working with the files and paperwork. Emanthe nodded in resonse to Kyrain's reply. If the case was not resolved by the time his aiding Verity's task was over he would follow up with the man.

He then turned to Verity who began to update him on the case. "I see, hopefully they have useful information for us. I've heard of this establishment before but as I do not drink I have never gone. As for Solomon, perhaps we should join up with him if we see him and swap details. Many hands make light work after all." He stated with a sage smile. "I agree we should find the murderer, perhaps we could use a plea bargain to get information out of him, regardless he must be caught." He declared as he followed behind her, though his eyebrows raised at the sight of smoke rising into the air, he declined to comment on it as they were heading that direction and would find out the reason soon enough once their business at the Cringing Cockatrice was resolved.

"The baroness is someone I have seldom met with, but know to some extent. She's a sly noble and politician, like the majority of nobles she chooses her words very carefully as she plots and schemes to climb up the ranks of nobility, so her withholding information from us is no surprise. However I also feel something was rather amiss and more information needs to be gathered to make an accurate assessment of the situation. Unfortunately our gut feelings are not enough for us to warrant probing within her mind, though with all the secrets she keeps there I feel such an experience would be unpleasant." He stated with a sigh, having been born into a noble house he envied those who were of normal standing and didn't have to watch every word they said with great caution lest the damage the reputation of their house or get themselves into trouble. "Hopefully when we next meet with her we will have enough cause to ask her to volunteer more information or if necessary gather the necessary paperwork to demand it of her."

He did not anticipate their destination to be the source of the smoke however as he kept pace with Verity. He looked at the fires before turning back to Verity and waiting to see the responses of the strangers, his magic would protect him against the fire as he was able to conjure a defense around himself, which also when used as gloves aided his unarmed combat fighting style.

The distraught Bloodhawk continued down alleyways, passing by people, ignoring their looks as they looked at him. He didn't even realize how cold it was, he bumped into a couple people before either bouncing off them or pushing them out of his way. Kaz was thinking too much about what happened and his failures to kill those Knights in there oooh ArMoUr and WeApOnS. It infuriated Kaz that they got a advantage over him because they fought like cowards, this city wasn't like the Wildlands out there! Where they always fought tooth and nail, magic, fists, and yes, even weapons. Although Kaz was against using weapons, he'd rather use his hands. But they failed him. His magic failed him too. What was going on with him? Usually magic didn't drain him to this level, he almost felt defeated. Or maybe that was just the chest and arm wound. Kaz looked to his chest seeing the blood still dripped from the open wound that he forgot about. Even looking to his normal arm seeing a gash deep in his forearm. He tried making a fist but was unable to do that, it hurt a little when he clenched his fist then noticed his blood drip. Turning around he noticed someone chasing after him, it was that same man who was yelling for him when he ran from the alleyway behind the tavern.

Why did he follow him? In the air there was a certain... Potency to his blood, it would smell sweet but have a certain scent that was hard to explain or describe. It smelled like it was full of life, full of potential. " Hey you! Get away from before I! I, ugh. " The world seemed to get hazy for a moment before Kaz shook his head, that guy was weird looking. And hey, Kaz knew he was weird looking too. The tattoos blended with carvings around his eyes didn't help along with his different colored eyes. Kaz was a weirdo through and through, maybe he shouldn't be saying anything. Turning back around, he began to walk again when his body got heavier and slowed him down. The naive outsider tried to shake it off but not this time, he noticed steam coming off his bare body and groaned just as his body gave out.

But a flicker of steel flew by his vision, a hatchet? Kaz fell onto his knees barely avoiding the hatchet that would have resulted in another wound, as if he didn't have enough already. Kaz' eyes looked up to see who tried to cleave his shoulder to see a giant shadow across the ground and snow, BUT! It ended up being the small goblin Gattas. It seemed that Kaz had calmed down from all the running and his body giving out on him. He couldn't help but laugh a bit. " Gobbo! Is that you! " the mad Bloodhawk called as he stared the goblin down " You have a very serious look upon you, gobbo. I'm sure you're here for me, is that right? " Kaz asked as he tried to push himself back up to his feet only to falter back down onto his knees and this time falling forward on his chest. Kaz groaned quietly, struggling to get up, able to push himself up to his knees again before resting. He stared the goblin down again " I know it seems I burned your place down, and I'm sorry for that, Gattas. " Kaz seemed sincere, " But listen to me when I say it wasn't my, uh, intention to that. I was trying to kill those damn cowards in their armour. " Kaz shook his hands in a mocking manner. " But they attacked me first, for no reason and take something of mine! " Kaz laughed again now a little quieter staring at the approaching Gattas, it seemed pretty clear that the goblin was coming for his head. " You look pretty serious there, Gobbo. Well, I'd say cute but I know others would say serious. " Kaz couldn't stop digging himself a hole as he laughed at his own joke.

When Gattas stood in front of Kaz, the naive Bloodhawk looked a pale. A trail of blood behind him, he stared at Gattas having confusion and guilt in his eyes. " Damn it, Gattas, why are you here! I was defending myself from those damn Knights, attacking me! Stealing something of mine! I didn't do anything wrong! " Now, Kaz wasn't from Ray City, he was born out in the wilds, whether his tattoos and ravaged body showed that, there wasn't exactly laws out there, and murder was a everyday occurrence for the Bloodhawk. Hell he wasn't even sure what the word law meant, safe to say where he comes from it was pretty lawless.

Mentions: @TheEccentric @Nero Kunivas

Last edited:

\/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\/
Thorne Glowbrew
/\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/\

Thorne didn't expect such action to be taken after he had asked his question. He was more of thinking that the two would be negotiating the terms of him getting healed, but the fae set about doing her duty right away. He didn't mind the seeds burrowing into his gear, it would help him blend in with the rest of the fae within the district as Thorne and Naeve left it. It would be able to explain some things now that his arm was healed.

The actual healing process was odd, as the vines invaded his skeletal structure and became a mesh to hold his arm together. Thorne had a slight panic as his body underneath his clothes might be revealed, but Linetta seemed to have already sensed his nature with her magic. Nevertheless, Thorne tore off a section of the clothing he had made into a makeshift cast and tied it over his arm to hide the hole. He gave a nod to Linetta as she handed him the plant and materialized a coin in his hand. He tossed the coin to linetta, "Here's a tip for being so accommodating…" he said. Not much else was said between the two as Thorne turned and left to put the little plant in the human district.

While Naeve and Thorne walked, he turned to her with a hushed voice. "Now I did say I would explain everything so listen closely. I may have… 'borrowed' a certain object from a museum for someone. I didn't know what this object did but apparently it's powerful so the guy who hired me wanted to tie up loose ends and kill the messenger. I'm the messenger by the way. You are involved now because you tried to help me in that alley, so I'm assuming that they are going to think you are my accomplice in some way and may try to kill you too. Does that suffice for an explanation?" He finished, glancing around to see if anyone was watching.

Solomon faked a smile and shook Yeothal's hand. "The name's O'Brian, Samuel O'Brian." He said whilst pointing a thumb at himself for dramatic effects. "And I'd be delighted to join you and your boys on an adventure."

Solomon couldn't have asked for a better invitation. Now that he was apart of Yeothal's crew for the time being, he could get insider knowledge of the criminal's shady activities. He needed to know how Yeothal and the gang were connected to the attack in the baroness, if they had any connection or affiliation at all. Yet, considering that she was attacked by well trained mercenaries, as opposed to the brain dead thugs that make up Yeothal's work force. He couldn't quite tell if Yeothal had anything to do with the attack in the first place. But if Yeothal had a lot of power in the criminal underworld, then he had to at least know something.

Solomon was tempted to just rip the information from the leader via magic. But that would take time and would be more of a hassle than it would be worth. He was deep in enemy territory, so attacking now would defeat the purpose of being undercover in the first place.

The goblin gave the manic youth in front of him a deadpan stare as if looking at a pesky insect. With a flex of his fingers, the hatchet on the ground melted into a pillar of light that echoed itself onto his palm, coalescing back into his trusted weapon. Hammering steps accompanied by the clamour of metal in the distance, the goblin showed no intent to continue what he believed to be a pointless exchange. He could see it, the cornered animal behind Kaz's eyes, a survivor unwilling to go down without a fight. "So this how ah seemed ta them knights...", mutterings accompanying the reminiscing thoughts of Gattas, the goblin closed his eyes and held there for a few moments. In these few moments, he swung his arm forward, again sending the hatchet hurtling towards the collapsing form of his foe. Not bothering to open his eyes at all, the goblin didn't care whether or not the attack would hit, he just wanted to send the message across that he doesn't intend to honour this bout. A hunch inside told him that he wouldn't be able to kill Kaz fast enough, and it would likely develop into a bigger problem if the Eldritch Knights saw him committing acts of "vigilantism" like this.

Jumping to the side expecting an attack, he placed a few fingers between his lips and released a loud and shrill whistle. An announcement this loud would be hard to miss, especially with the stench of burnt flesh and ash in the air helping to mark the area. His feet plant themselves against the walls, leaving a trail of snow as he began scaling it. Long as he keeps dodging and can keep the savage occupied, the Eldritch Knights and their fancy magics will suffice in ending this wild goose chase. Without much fear for his own safety, nor for anyone else for that matter, he began the fight by showing his standing: you won't be able to escape, no matter what you do. Acrobatic twists and jumps display his athletic skill, sticking to falls and sometimes kicking the snow on the ground to distract; his armband flashes intermittently while he conjured random items in midair, throwing them at Kaz. This will end, one way or another.

Navea kept her head turned away for the rest of the exchange between Linetta and Thorne. She supposed that she ought to show some more respect, considering that the fae could alter nature, but the best Navea could do was refrain from scoffing when Thorne proclaimed his gratitude.
She could care less about what the fairy-thing thought.

Soon the grass on the ground began to crunch once more from the cold as they traveled away from the dryad. Goosebumps rose up and down her arms and Navea began to wish again that she had worn a heavier shirt that day to resist the cold. But there were more pressing matters at hand that she could worry about than feeling cold. For example, the plant that Thorne was carrying might grow legs and wander off to join a brothel at any moment in tribute to Linetta.

All fears of planting a potential potted prostitute vanished as soon as Thorne began speaking. His words confirmed her worst suspicions, but she tried to appear untroubled as she continued walking beside him.

"Yes, I supposed that it suffices," she replied dismissively. "But because I'm so involved, is there anything else you would like to tell me? Like... who is trying to kill you? And what it is you stole from Bones? And why someone would care enough to send multiple assassins after you? " She spoke quietly and calmly as if she was merely discussing the forecast. Her chin was tilted towards the sky and her eyes squinted while she leisurely scanned the atmosphere for signs of possible rain.

- Kallias Drakos - Alley near the burning Cringing Cockatrice -

Kaz seemed to begin to threaten Kallias at first, but his wounds were seemingly taking their toll by this point. As the wounded man turned around, Kallias too would spot the steam beginning to emanate from his body. "How curious..." He couldn't help but say, though before anything else could be said about Kaz, the steam and why he was running for dear life; a hatchet flew across and damn near nailed Kaz head on, who managed to barely dodge. Kallias looked to see that the perpetrator was none other than Gattas, owner of the Cringing Cockatrice...and a very angry Goblin.

The mere presence of Gattas was enough to make Kaz speak. And speak he did, outright admitting responsibility for burning down the Cringing Cockatrice and attempted murder of several Eldritch Knights, allegedly in self-defense and seeking to reclaim a stolen something.

"Ohh...so you're the one who set fire to the tavern? And attempted murder as well? Wow~! ...Never have I gone from wanting to help someone to wanting to harm them so quickly! The lives put in danger are one thing, boy, but that tavern served such fine drinks with even finer patrons! Think of the societal damage you've done, as well as the property damage!"

Though a little melodramatic, Kallias made his view on what happened and on Kaz quite clear. Gattas too, would make it clearer even without words, by hurling a hatchet again, following up by scaling the wall and throwing an assortment of items at Kaz. Clinking his claws together, Kallias prepared his more malicious blood magics. "Allow me to aid you in this venture!" He would call out to Gattas as he formed several blood spears around him and with a gesture of his hand, infect them with his blood poison and hurl them at Kaz, seeking to disable him.

@TheEccentric @Skyhunter

Kaz Bloodhawk - Kinda fucked

Kaz watched the small goblin approach, within his eye he saw Kaz as nothing more than small, weak, annoying. Kaz has seen the look before, almost everyday when he was with his tribe thats what he always saw. The same damn look, and even leaving that place to try and start something new or to discover what was beyond the tribes and harsh wildlands beyond. He still gets looked at like this, what did Kaz do wrong? Was a building really all that much to this Goblin? This place really was different than his tribes. Even back then they all looked down upon them, especially the chieftain and his stupid bastard son. But now he's getting the same treatment here! The Bloodhawk could not understand. Couldn't the goblin just rebuild it? They always rebuilt out there, why couldn't they do it here? Although to this Bloodhawk, he didn't understand the laws, regulations, money, bartering, and just how a civilized society works. He doesn't even know what those words mean.

He watched Gattas instead close his eye and reform the hatchet in his hand, which surprised Kaz, he turned around to see a small wisp of light disappear then looked to Gattas with a impressed smile on his face. As if his attitude just changed and he forgot everything that just happened " Gobbo, that was impressive! How'd you do that? " Kaz asked his just before he chucked it again at him, but Kaz was now ready this time. He saw it coming now, he pushed himself off the wall and rolled across the snow to avoid it, looking back to where he was just at, the hatchet didn't even land where he was before. Turning his head to witness Gattas blow his mind even more by scaling up a wall with only his feet. Kaz finally got back to his feet, stumbling a couple feet back. " By the seed sacks of the Blood Emperor! Gobbo, you are full of surprises! " Kaz really just sounded like a little kid that hasnt seen many types of magic before, only to get another object thrown at him, which Kaz barely was able to dodge, staring at Gattas the entire time, waiting for his body to rejuvenate so he could cast magic once again. Since Gattas was way up there and he was down here, he could exactly throw hands like he would prefer.

Kaz' exhausted body had chills go up his body when he heard a voice behind him and turned his head seeing that same strange man being a bit... Dramatic for his tastes. Even going as far as to say he would harm Kaz which Kaz stood there with a blank face for a moment before he busted out in laughter " Listen, lanky, you look like you have eaten in weeks- " Kaz insult quickly was cut off by surprise, shock, and possibly fear when this tall and pale man used what looked like blood magic, no that was blood magic! Kaz didn't know what to think! A blood mage! Here in front of him! A male one at that too! Back in the tribes, they didn't have any blood magic users except for the female shamans, they were healers and only used their magic to heal. Males either weren't allowed to practice blood magic or they couldn't due to how the Bloodhawks viewed things. Kaz never really practiced Blood magic as he couldn't get the shaman that raised him to and he never had time to, always fighting other tribes or other Bloodhawks. But here, in this city, in front of him, someone who deemed him a enemy. Kaz found something that he hadn't ever dreamed of.

This shock and surprise was quickly forced away when another object was thrown from behind, which Kaz quickly turned around to throw a angry fist at Gattas " Damn it Gobbo! You almost hit me! " Kaz growled at the goblin, of course Kaz wasn't angry, he was more annoyed since he is witnessing something he never thought of or impossible. He turned back around to face this stranger only to see these spears of blood fly towards Kaz, the naive Bloodhawk clenched a fist and generated a small amount of electricity to get his body moving again, rolling to the side again to avoid the spears, he was outnumbered and outmatched. Especially outmatched, with a wall walking goblin that can conjure weapons in midair and a blood mage that Kaz thought impossible for a male to learn... But to Kaz this was exciting!

His adrenaline was pumping again and he felt like he could fight again, he would move slowly and sluggishly from the lack of blood and injuries but if he could draw blood from one of these two, he would be able to operate at full again. Thanks to his Bloodhawk blood, as much as he hated it. Kaz tried to figure out who was a great threat right now, Gattas only had one arm but looked like he could keep throwing items for hours on end, that arm of his was pretty muscular. He was up high, almost like a perch to look down on Kaz. He had a clear advantage on those fronts. On the other there was this new lanky fella, a blood mage he wasn't sure was capable of. Although judging from the spears he just threw at Kaz, he was capable of much more than this. A unknown enemy. And being stuck in a small space like this, Kaz didn't have much room to move in either, especially with having hardly any energy left. He was calm, collective, and at a severe disadvantage.

Luckily his many years of fighting granted him great thinking when it came to combat, he would see Kallias here as the main threat, he knew what Gattas was capable of already, could he be capable of more? Sure he could. There was always a possibility someone had a trick up their sleeve, but a blood mage that used their magic as a weapon Kaz deemed a bigger threat. " You know blood magic. That is actually pretty cool. " Kaz complimented having a huge smile on his face, his eyes showed excitement and nervousness. He wasn't sure how to fight a blood mage but he would find out today. " You should teach me once we're done fighting here. " Kaz casually said as he moved into a slow run at Kallias, Kaz had to preserve as much energy as he could, he didn't have much left in him but was able to generate a small amount in his bad arm now, he was right handed but couldn't throw a punch with it. One of those damn Knights cut his arm too deep, his muscles unable to properly form a fist, best he could do was touch with it and punch with his burnt arm. As Kaz moved, he raised his bad arm and shot strings of electricty at the unknown man, to see what would he would do. If he could get close enough, one punch across the face should spill a small amount of blood, that much would be enough for Kaz to bounce back and fight at full power again. That is his hope and it wasn't a really good plan.

Mentions: @TheEccentric @Nero Kunivas

Last edited:
While mulling around, Kyrian managed to listen to some of the hot gossip about the couple, to really get a feel for how this wedding was supposed to proceed. His stomach was rumbling, so he managed to grab some of the miniscule appetizers-polishing them off with the practiced ease of someone knowing they had to eat- and eat fast. Either way, this was a shotgun wedding- for nobles, of course, which was why he was here and not another priest. But he needed the money, and he knew the customs, so here he was.

Kyrian looked up to the balcony, noting that something was on the balcony on the second floor- and that there woman in armor who looked out-of-place here- an Eldritch Knight. There were too many high-profile guests to not be alarmed by this, and he might be too distracted by his officiator's position to really react to this, so with a renewed purpose, he did what he could do- tell other people of this problem, and use their superior position to investigate the matter. He didn't have the authority to investigate or send someone else to do so, but there were others at the party who did so, and that meant informing them of the matter before it was too late.

First, he approached the woman in armor- noting that she looked like an Eldritch Knight- which meant she was a perfect person to report this too, especially as she had seen the movement as well. "Lady Knight, I saw strange movement on the second floor, and there are too many nobles here to not be worried for a possible attack. Even if it's nothing to worry about, I'd rather just have someone be informed of the matter, as I myself am officiating the wedding and will be distracted. " Kyrian looked to gauge her reaction, before leaving her to find another figure of authority to enlist, before time ran out.

Time was ticking, so he hurriedly located Lady Maspira Von Richten- his main source of contact and someone with enough power to investigate the matter. He found her outside the bride's chambers, quietly asking the lady to step to the side so he could whisper his information to her, just as he did for the Eldritch Knight. "Lady Von Richten, I saw strange movement on the second floor of the keep. I would not worry about it on most days, but this is a wedding with many nobles, and if there was a place for a score to be settled while everyone's attention was diverted, it would be here. I would prefer to err on the side of caution, and I don't want to alarm everyone at the wedding." He felt a tap on his shoulder, and he turned to see some attendants, evidently there to bring him to the wedding. "I have to go, Baroness."

Kyrian was lead to the podium, and soon, he stood there- book laid out with the words of his script. It was quiet for a few moments, until music started to play, and the groom appeared. He could appreciate the man's appearance, but it was clear the lord was somewhat of a shady bastard- and that this union wasn't the highbrow function it pretended to be.

When everything was quiet, and the guests were ready to speak, Kyrian cleared his voice and spoke, using his public speaking voice to project his voice loud enough so literally everyone who was attending the wedding could hear him.
"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here on this beautiful day to witness the union of Lord Mason Rook and Lady Debora Harven in holy matrimony. This is a day of great celebration and reverence, on which we come together before God to recognize and commemorate the sacred love and dedication shared between these two people. It is wonderful to have friends and family join us here today-" His words were cut off as five of the doves that were majestically flying around as props for the wedding started acting erratically- almost as if being controlled by someone. For a moment, Kyrian was worried, until the birds started shitting on the guests that he had thought were being particularly rude. That was when it hit him- Kasm was being an asshole again, and of course he had to fix the problem. He reached out, casting a Bane on the birds- just enough to weaken them so they would just be too tired to fly, but not enough to really hurt them. It was the opposite of his Blessing- instead of strength, he gave out weakness.

If all went according to plan, the birds would land on the ground and would be too tired to fly away, leaving Kyrian ready to speak again, so he could finish his words and actually give the blessing that he was here to give- the magical ceremonial blessing to the bride and groom.

@Novama @Soverign

Time: 8:00 PM
Day: Monday
Weather:
Mostly clear with few clouds and a light cold breeze. Freezing cold.
Those Involved: @Wiggin @ShiroKiyoshi @slifer @Elvario @Ur Degaton @Skyhunter @TheEccentric @The_Queer_Alien @CaptainLiterally @Soverign @Ariel @EldridSmith @Nero Kunivas @Valkan
TooLongDidn'tRead: The tavern didn't completely burn down and many have gathered there. Kaz is in jail after being subdued by gattas and kallias and captured by the knights nearby. the rook wedding concluded and now folks are partying.

Note From The Author: (Big time skip. Place yourselves as you see fit unless already placed. if you feel left out or missed, ask me whatever you think is missing)
Post Listening:

Cringing Cockatrice

Despite the chill of the evening, the firefighters that contended with the tavern blaze were unable to feel the cold. The fires were out, but embers glowed in the shadows as gray ash snowed down and around, blown by the wind. The 2nd floor was a shell of what it was with most of the rooms burnt out and furniture piles of ash. The room that Kaz fought the knights in was the worst with damage and debris being present in the kitchen below as a consequence of the holes put in the floor by Kaz. The roof of the Cringing Cockatrice was gone. Despite the damage above, the first floor was spared with only the kitchen getting any degree of damage. The tavern would need the ash swept out, but could service drinks still. However, the chill would make the evening visits short without a blazing fire in the hearth. The roof and 2nd floor walls would need repaired before it could offer its inn service again.

Many of those who came to help would be going home weary, but their efforts protected the surrounding buildings. Of those who fought the fire, Gattas's family were left with cleanup duty and thanked those they could with drinks from the bar or something simple and quick from the kitchen. Many of the regulars still showed up for a drink despite the light offering for supper. Yeothal and his gang were among them.

"Boss, it's a bit chilly here. You sure he still comin'"

"Pipe down. He'll show himself in time,"

Yeothal hissed under his breath to a man of his at the neighboring table. Solomon and the rest of the Yeothal gang had showed up at the Cringing Cockatrice in force. Aside from the men closest to him that lived in the same cluster of buildings, Yeothal had several men from the surrounding slum borough also showed up. Their normally rowdy behavior was subdued. Many were disappointed that the cockatrice had been damaged and a few even chipped in coin to the "Make the Cockatrice Cringe again" fund. Even Yeothal tipped in some coins from their pay day fund that he was flashing around earlier in the day. They all waited for the arrival of the man in black. He was promised to come tonight and give them the other half of the payment for the Mercantile job the previous night. In case the man double crossed them, Yeothal brought all his boys so they could fight their way out or overwhelm whoever came at them. Solomon would note their numbers and would have to agree an Eldritch Knight unit would be hard pressed to capture them all. There would likely be casualties.
50a698b45f7e47ced68ec3e64661a2fd.jpg

Ray City Jail

Kaz would wake in the Ray City Jail. The rough, cold stones felt uncomfortable against his raw skin. He had a smelly, filthy straw blanket over him which was his only comfort against the chill that freely came in through the bars of his cell window. The tiny window high in the wall overhead gave view of the night sky. The cold air was unpleasant but not nearly as unpleasant as the small hole in the corner of the cell. The odor of waste and other mysterious fluids/substances was potent and nausea inducing without the draft of air. The cell left little room to maneuver as well. It was a luxurious 8 foot box of stone. One wall facing the main walkway was just iron bars with a shut and locked door. Kaz's only source of external heat was coming from a torch hung on the wall that was just out of arms reach.

"Heeeeyy! It's dark out. When's my next meal!"

Shouted a man unseen from the next cell over from Kaz. The sound of armored men moving in an adjacent corridor or room could be heard. Metal locks clicked and a door squeaked open. A guard brought wood bowls of something resembling food. It steamed in the cold air. Kaz would have his bowl passed through a slot in the door that opened from the outside as long as he made it clear he was awake. The guard would leave after passing out the bowls. From other cells, growns and moans could be heard. The occasional mad cackle would also disturb one's thoughts. Kaz was similarly hurting and likely groaning if started moving around, stiff from laying on the stones. (Kaz is at 1 hp for the time being)

pavel-filimonov-01.jpg

Rook City Estate

The wedding ceremony that day was plagued with problems. Wild animals randomly appearing to poop on and/or harass the guests. Dead or fake plants spontaneously growing to snag and rip clothes or trip of servers and other proceedings. Kyrian's attempts to calm Kasm's antics were insufficient. Kyrian would even feel powerless at points where Kasm arbitrarily ripped away Kyrian's powers. The Fae would then randomly give them back suddenly just to throw Kyrian off balance with the sudden surge of chaos. Despite the interruptions, the bride (Debora Harven) insisted the ceremony continue despite her eyes suggesting how close she was to letting her frustrations out on someone.

In the end, Debora Harven became Debora Rook, wife to Marquis Mason Rook, and the guests that lasted until the end were relieved when Kasm's antics suddenly stopped. The rest of the day passed with celebration, feasting, and socializing. The various amusements that took place in the manor or in the gardens of the property would later become the talk of the town. Despite the late hour, guests still milled about the manor and its grounds. Knights and guards patrolled as well as babysat the more drunken of nobles.

Of the gossip, plotting, and drunken ramblings that passed through the guests, mention some tavern burning down was of note. It was not particularly special or of interest to the nobles in regards to the state of the tavern, specifically, but it was interesting to hear the Knights had apprehended a homicidal maniac and apparent arsonist. Rumors of how dastardly the villain's deeds were spiraled out of control and made for exciting chatter.

maxresdefault.jpg

Gattas sat alone, a room devoid of life save from the goblin himself. The musty scents of old wood and dried pages mark the feeble atmosphere, the sources of the smell lining the walls in the form of empty kegs and bound ledgers. The only light in the room dances atop a melting stick of wax, a soft flame dancing to the scratching of a quill on parchment. The quill in his hand stammered to write finely, thick strokes creating a rough example of what writing should look like. Gattas paused briefly, his dull eyes glancing to the side at his calculations. At the moment Gattas was going through the losses and gains for this month, trying to find the balance he needed to give peace to his worried heart.

The Cringin' Cockatrice remains standing, but not as tall as it used to be. Burnt floors lie above his head, walls sundered and black. The surviving furniture numbered less than five, none of which were beds. Relief was what felt when he saw that the damage didn't consume all of the Cockatrice, but it didn't dampen the pain. Dazed looks were what he was met with when he returned to his family, and he could do was bite his lips and keep a strong face. Although his family won't likely celebrate the idea of the instigator being captured, it's still small comfort. Henceforth, he has to thicken his face, because his family alone couldn't bear the costs of fixing the Cockatrice back up.

In the gloom of his cellar, the edges of Gattas' lips curled in annoyance. Although he wished to join the upperclass and become an iconic citizen of Ray City, his journey is still very much hampered by his lack of knowledge and, unfortunately, his race. Getting a loan from a bank or asking a foundry for some aid wouldn't be a problem, but things won't go smoothly for him as compared to the average citizen. Thoughts like this swirling in the back of his mind, Gattas sighed deeply and wore a wry smile. At least his family is unhurt, and they still have a roof over their heads.

Dropping the quill to the side, Gattas pushed his fingers to his brow, muttering nothings under his breath. The subdued yammering of the patrons beyond drift towards him, reminding him that things are bad, but not terrible. Aside from that he could also hear the sound of sweeping and wood grating on wood. It seems his staff remain energetic despite the trouble earlier. Nimbly sliding off the chair, he closed the ledgers and walked to another door to the side to fetch a fresh keg. After grabbing one from the cellars, the goblin adjusted his expression and began his walk towards the bar.

Before he could take another step though, he paused. Turning back, he looked back into the room with the ledgers, kegs, and lonely candle. He ran back and blew on the flame, mocking himself in his mind with mirthful lampooning, and resumed his walk. The room now blanketed in darkness, creaking sounds of a door opening and closing resound one last time in the room before all turns quiet. Smoke pervading from the dead wick, an obscure portion of a letter protruded from underneath the ledger, beside of which is what looks to be a pamphlet bearing the crest of the Eldritch Knights. What little text can be seen from the letter is scrawled and filled with "erasures", which is a formal way of describing the scribbles used to cover the words. Though hard to read, the familiar writing of Gattas is displaying the words, 'apply to formally join'...

Kyrian's magic had worked on the doves- but more animals appeared, and it was clear to Kyrian that this was a setup- a setup by the biggest baby in the world- his patron the god Kasm.
Slow, mounting anger was building inside Kyrian, directed solely at Kasm. The downside of his mischievous god were moments like these- a penchant for acting like a bored toddler on a sugar rush. On the outside, Kyrian was unflappable as a priest could be when wildlife was trying to ruin a wedding- but the ripping away of his powers was too much- and the god would pay for that. He may not have trusted the other gods that much, but there were more options then Kasm out there- and even the major gods wouldn't be adverse to accepting a premade cleric into their ranks.

Kyrian didn't understand how blasé the nobles were, as this was a perfect opportunity for a rival to snuff out another, but maybe he was being too paranoid, but also he was the type of person to think that the one time he didn't check was the one time someone he loved would get hurt. Either way, the thought was still on his mind as he ate in the corner of the hall, an honorary place setting meant for someone like him- not noble, but too important to snub by not leaving a place for him. He could feel the archfey's presence behind him- invisible to everyone else but him- but he did the one thing that he could do to infuriate the god- ignore him. It was the clearest sign he could give- the only one that Kasm would really understand meant that he was absolutely upset. Kasm loved the attention and the care that was given to him by his Chosen- and it was noticeable when the love and adoration was gone-as Kyrian wouldn't even acknowledge Kasm's presence. He wasn't about to give an ultimatum- that would mean having to actually look for a new god to be his patron.

Gossip filtered down to him, even in his quiet corner of the Hall, and it was as he expected had occured. Kaz had gotten himself thrown into prison. It saddened him, to hear about Kaz in such a way, as he did somewhat consider the other man a friend. There had to be someone who could help the man, because it seemed like the bloodlust from Kaz was instinctual and couldn't be avoided- even though Kaz fully recognized that he was committing murder.
All that was left to do was wait for the Knights that would come for him. If not, he would go find Gattas and see what he could do to help.

Verity

Interactions: Emanthe @EldridSmith | Aramil @Valkan

The mission to find Kaz was finished before she and Emanthe could even start it, as she learned from her colleagues that he had already been arrested and jailed, after having been taken down whilst trying to flee the Cringing Cockatrice. She wondered if it'd be worth questioning him, or if his mind would be worth peeking into, but neither of those things were a priority.

Meanwhile, Emanthe's description of the baroness added up to what Verity was already suspecting and fearing. She did smile when he mentioned the unpleasantness of peeking into the baroness's mind. "You get used to seeing some disturbing things floating around in people's minds and memories, so I've build a bit of a resistance. Let's just say people can be up too or into a surprisingly large diversity of very strange things, regardless of who or what they are." She debated his other suggestion for a bit. "Paperwork will take us months, unless we find something really solid. Ideally, we'll make her spill the beans unknowingly... Well, at the very least our current target doesn't have any nobility to hide behind."

A bit later, Verity spotted an interesting face whilst she was aiding the fire-fighting efforts. Once the last of the flames were no more but embers, she waved over to him. "Ah, mister Argannon. How are the outskirts these days?" She wasn't very familiar with him, but his line of work was enough to give him some notoriety. To that extend, the same was often said about her own mind-reading and her investigations. She wondered if he'd recognize her or Emanthe.

On the assumption that Argannon would come over upon her greeting, she would be about to continue the conversation when she spotted a familiar face; the one she'd seen in the memories during her earlier investigation. She subtly nodded in his direction, after alerting Emanthe. "That's our target." She clicked her tongue, noticing he had brought half an army with him. "Well, this is going to be interesting..." She didn't want to start a large brawl, especially not in the already ruined establishment, yet she didn't want to just let him go either.

That's when she decided to let her mischievous side take over, turning towards Emanthe and Aramil. "I'm going to have a bit of a chat with the big-shot gang-leader over there. He might recognize me, so I'll see if I can keep the atmosphere friendly enough to get him to talk more than to fight, but if things go sour, can I count on you two to save a damsel in distress?"

She headed into the remnants of the establishment, accepting a drink for helping out and in turn offering some coins to the Cringing fund. She didn't spot Gattas yet, but that didn't matter. After all, it wasn't the gobbo she was after. Drink in hand, she worked her magic, attempting to make everyone just that bit more friendly and peaceful, whilst brazenly walking directly towards Yeothal and giving a friendly smile towards anyone that'd look at her or that'd try to stop her. Assuming the big boss himself wasn't scared enough of her to order his men to keep her away, she'd sit down at his table.

"Say, mister Yeothal, I've noticed you found yourself quite the business by attacking minor nobles." She'd pause for a moment to let the carefully chosen reckless words sink in. "Now, while I can hardly condone such a business, I'm far more interested to learn who's hiring you for those types of services. Why don't we make this easy on the both of us, and you'll double-cross them before they get the chance to do it to you? You should know how these practices work, right? Some rich person hires some thugs to do their bidding, then they send their own mercenaries to clean up any loose threads. It makes my job an awful mess, so I'd rather skip that for a change and follow the threads before they're cut." Adding in some extra magic in an attempt to make him a bit more agree-able, she awaited his answer with a friendly smile.

Reactions: EldridSmith
Aramil Argannon
eQgIgsD.jpg

It took some time, which sadly Aramil couldn't speed up on his end. But the raging flames slowly died down. The combined effort of everyone managed to save adjacent buildings from suffering the same fate. Looking down on the building below him, he shook his head, regretting whatever had caused this. Seeing nothing more than ashes and rubble in the building, the flame clad Aramil, slowly descended to the street below, his iconic dark blue flames slowly fading away from sight.

Aramil stayed for a while near the building, just in case some extra help was needed. However, the staff of the tavern were skilled and determined, returning to business as night came. A person he managed to recognize gestured over to him, so he made his way over to her in order to respond to the greeting "Well met, Lady Verity", he attempted to show some manners by taking off his hat and slightly bowing as he spoke. "Same as always, I would say. Mostly calm, but a helping hand is always needed here and there" he briefly explained. He was aware of Verity's fame due to her line of work, one Aramil honestly respected, so it was flattering to be known by such a person.

As for Verity's company, he wasn't acquainted with him. He did strike some familiarity within him, probably due to the fact that the person in question was a fellow Knight. He had a bit of a regal aura to him, sadly, Aramil was bad with any sort of nobility, being an Outrider and all. Instead of racking his mind with attempting to put a name on the man. he offered a greeting. "Aramil Argannon, Outrider Knight. A pleasure to make your acquaintance" he nodded at the man, and placed the hat he had been holding to his chest neatly back on his head.

With greeting out of the way, Verity carried on with her business. Aramil observed as she scanned the crowd, before spotting "their target". Aramil, observed on the direction Verity was looking, only to notice a group, who seemed to be up to no good based on her on her demeanor and comments about them. Suddenly, Aramil was included in the task at hand, as Verity explained a part of what was going on, tasking the two men with her to back her up. Aramil hesitated for an instant, if things did go south, that poor building might not see the light of day, were he to involve. But he was not one to turn down a fellow Knight in need "I'll try my best to keep them from you."

Having settled his next course of action, Aramil went into the damaged tavern himself. Asking for tea as a drink, or water, had they not any of the former. He was tempted to donate a large quantity to the fund they made for the tavern, but he didn't want to arise any suspicion, so he threw in a few coins instead. He was quick to notice Verity's magic in action, making the atmosphere in the tavern lighter. He discreetly observed the Knight in action, as he took a seat in a nearby table, and waited for her to to what she did best, at least based on what stories say...

Slowly Kaz came to, letting out a tired groan, his body hurt, the floor he laid on was uncomfortable, like laying on a bed of rocks. Well no, a bed of rocks would be more comfortable than this. " Huh...? Wh-Where am I? " The Bloodhawk asked, confused, to whoever would hear him, he was quiet and still waking up. He noticed it being extremely cold, he shivered a little as the stench of the cell came next. Disgusting, similar to when he first peered into a open grave of dead and rotting bodies, minus rotting flesh, it was all there. The Bloodhawk slowly stood up, leaning against the cold stone underneath the window behind him, the gross blanket falling off him.

The last thing he remembered was fighting in a alleyway against Gattas and that- " Blood Mage! " Kaz' eyes widen as he looked up to the cell door in front of him, a guard passed by and slid in a bowl of whatever was within, it smelled like food. But that didn't concern the Bloodhawk, what mattered was someone outside his tribe knew of blood magic. And they were male! This was a eye opening experience, he needed to learn it now! He needed to find that man! But... He was here in a prison cell. What even happened? The last thing he remembered was charging the blood mage then waking up here. Did his body give out? Did someone hit him from behind? While his body was sore, his head didn't hurt so he was attacked from behind. He did lose a lot of blood and his body was drain from the usage of magic.

Which was something he still didn't understand, he had a lot of questions but no answers to them. Yet. The Bloodhawk had to focus on what was in front of him now, he was stuck in this cage and needed a way out, it was gross in here and small. The only comfort was the night sky, which Kaz turned around to face and look up at through the bars that held him within. It reminded him of home... Home. Home which he hated. Home which he didn't miss. His home. He let out a heavy exhale, he needed to eat, the only food being that bowl. He turned around to walk towards it almost falling over, moving into the wall to catch himself. His body was still exhausted so he had to take it easy.

Pushing himself back up he moved to the bowl of food, it felt hot in his hands as he peered into it. It didn't look delicious but it didn't smell bad, Kaz had eaten worst, he had eaten people, dead animals, dirt, even rocks on some occasions. This, at this point, was a luxury for the young Bloodhawk. Kaz sighed and peered out his cell, hearing different people around him, talking, crying, howling. Madness, what was this place? Why was he put in here? Kaz still didn't know what he did to be put in here, shouldn't those knights be in here instead? He was attacked first, he defended himself but he was put into this cage. It infuriated the native.

He moved back to the where his blanket was and sat down on the cold floor, taking the blanket to wrap around his shoulders to keep warm and held the bowl in his hands. He noticed his arm and chest were still injured, he still couldn't create a fist with his injured hand, and of course it was on his good hand and not on his burnt arm! The arm he could hardly feel anything with! He looked upon his wounds, they were bad and untreated but he wasn't bleeding anymore, which was good for him. The Bloodhawk didn't have the energy to cauterize his own wounds, it would probably kill him if he did, he could barely keep his eyes open again, but for now he was warm, the blanket along with the hot food in his lap and hands, the warm steam rising into his cold face to warm him up.

He would find a way out eventually but the Bloodhawk needed rest, his wounds needed to heal, when he got more energy, he would cauterize his own wounds. Eventually the food began to grow cold and the Bloodhawk quickly ate all the food like it was going out of style, it tasted good, better than he was used to eating. When finished he grew frustrated, he wanted out of here. He threw the bowl at the cell door, bouncing off the iron bars before rolling out the door. He sighed and looked at the door. Thinking back of home. The shaman who raised Kaz... His mother. Kaz sighed as his eyes watered a bit before he wiped his eyes with his burnt arm, thr arm his mother healed for him when he nearly blew the entire thing off as a child. He smiled, he remembered the look the blood shaman had when she restored his arm. She was so scared and worried for him, he knew she loved him after that, she was cold towards Kaz when he grew up but he knew she cared for him after that. After all she did raise the idiot when his parents were killed.

Kaz sighed, he often thought back on that moment in his life to remind himself that someone does care for him, even in dark and scary moments like now. Kaz didn't know what was going to happen next, but for the time being, he was okay. He was breathing. He was alive.