Purifying the Shadows (ooc and Sign-ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I was just giving some more time to see if anyone else wanted to join. I'll be putting up the IC in the next couple of days.

I have a suggestion: SIN members are able to give Shadows some pills or charms which gives them superhuman strength and makes them go crazy, causing them to attack people with sight.

Sure, though the SIN have to be able to get the Shadows first. :)

(is it too late to join???)

Name:
Rohan
Type: SIN
Master/protector(s): Who are your Master/protectors? (Either you can play your own or someone else can take the job, just ask someone. I'll try and help too.)
Weapons/ability: Using black magic he can teleport short distances, (as in from the sidewalk to the roof of a building, not from Canada to Hawaii.:surfing:) hypnotize people, (however strong wills can resist this power) and leech the life out of his victims. He also has an enchanted whip of nine tails with 3 inch long spikes embedded into it. The enchantment allows it to stretch about 10 feet away from its wielder. :bullwhip:He can preform various other spells, but must have his spell book in hand. However, his spells tend to go wrong quite often due to his bad habit of not reading things over well.
Personality: Rohan is not exactly the most caring person in the universe; he has more of a "just looking out for number one" point of view. Rohan is also extremely greedy when it comes to money, so make sure to check that your wallet is still in your pocket whenever he's around. There's not much good I can say about him except that he is somewhat polite (extra polite to girls XD) and when given a job, he will see to it that it gets done.
History/Bio: Rohan grew up in a really low class area with five older brothers. To get out of tight spots he would often use his powers, most often being teleportation. But as he had been told as he had been told by other members of his family who had also inherited the ability to use black magic; "Black magic always comes with a price." The price that came intertwined in within his power was anything but cheap. His grandfather would tell him stories of how people who used black magic would always come to rely on it, and in time they would morph into heartless monsters, both inside and out. Rohan never really took those stories seriously. The aging process had caused his grandfather to lose a few screws, if you know what I mean. After an accident Rohan had lost much of his immediate family, and the only other family that he DID have weren't exactly thrilled at the idea of having another mouth to feed. Therefore, Rohan had to wander the streets for a while until Konata found him sitting alone on a bench at the park. She convinced her uncle to let him stay with them. Over the course of a few months, he grew attached to his new 'family'. However, when her uncle found out Rohan was able to preform black magic he didn't want his precious Konata anywhere near him. The very next day he was sent to an orphanage. A member of SIN adopted him and gave him just the bare necessities. (I didn't go too much into details because that would take forever to write. If you wish to know what happened in greater detail and from Rohan's point of view, just ask him whenever you feel there's a good moment and I'll make him open up and tell you everything.)
Extra information: He is secretly scared of dogs. Rohan's nickname for Konata is Koni. And when she's mad, K.O.
Looks:

Name: Konata
Type: Sight person
Master/protector(s): She does not have a protector at the moment.
Weapons/ability: As her weapon she uses an enchanted sword that when struck onto the ground hard enough, it can create a powerful shockwave. It can also send out electric blows once charged up enough. Other than that, it's used the same way most swords are. She was also born with healing powers.
Personality: Even though she has a fairly short temper, and hates it when people complain, she is an all around sweet girl, and will always listen when you need someone to talk to.
History/Bio: She has come from a somewhat wealthy background and has been well cared for by her uncle when her parents died while she was still a young child. When she was 10, she found Rohan sitting by himself at the park and thought he could use a friend. As she kept talking to him, she learned that he had been living on the streets. She persuaded her uncle to adopt him and Rohan lived at with her and her uncle for a few months. Unfortunately when her uncle discovered her could preform black magic, he kicked him out. That was the last she ever saw of him. The gift of The Sight runs in her family, therefore it was custom for her to do whatever she could to fight SIN forces.
Extra information: Look at muh feet! Look at it! :stinkyfeet: Now go get me some lemonade; and make sure it has one of those lil' umbrellas!
Looks:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, it's not to late to join. You're accepted.

Though you say Rohan then Zavier sometimes in the character sheet?

Name: Sylora Shinake
Type: Protector
Master/Protector(s): She is need of a Master. If anyone will accept.
Weapons/Abilities: She has a pair of pistols that are imbued with magic and when she gets angry or is hurt to an extent she will transform into a sword wielding warrior whos blade is also imbued with magical enchantments.
Personality: She is fairly short tempered and has an extensive vocabulary with a quick tongue she isn't afraid to use however on the inside she can be a sweet and caring girl who would happily die for those she loves.
History/Bio: She doesn't remember much of her past just little glimpses of it here and there. She hopes that being a protector and using her powers will help her to find her past.
Extra: She really likes alcohol and chocolate.
Appearance:
girls-with-guns-anime-girl-gun-the-free-237790.jpg

Last edited:
You're accepted. Though your picture isn't working.

Just wondering if you guys have a spot for a few more, and if a human with the potential of becoming a rather unique Sight is a possible idea for a Protector(s) to keep away from SIN and the Shadows? Just a twist that might be interesting to try.

I'm placing this one charrie for consideration now, and will post my second one later...I think. I'm not sure if I can handle two on this RP or not, but if so, he will be a Protector.

Let's see...

Rebeka Giavanni Pargac (Gia)

Nickname: Her mother would call her Gia, short for Giavanni, which is her Italian grandmother's name. And quite frankly, Rebeka rather prefers that over her first name.

Her Protector is Hollis - but, she doesn't quite know that just yet. He just happens to always be around at the right time...

Personality~ Gia is a rather strange recluse who tends to force herself within a crowd, even though she rather hide in a corner. She's not normally like this. Before the event that changed her, she used to be a major party girl, down to earth and very comfortable about her body. Now, she's a little timid until comfortable with her surroundings, but will still carry a consistent caution about the little things. Regardless of this, she enjoys being around her friends when she can be. It's just not as easy anymore when she meets strangers.

Can be rather stubborn, hard-headed at times, but most of that is due to being a bit paranoid - for obvious reasons. If she can get over her unbalanced emotional state, Gia is quite fond of helping her friends with their own problems. She's a great listener, and knows how to place herself in their shoes to understand their emotions in order to solve their little hiccups and mishaps within their lives. Gia just wishes it was so easy for her to solve her own issues.

Appearance~ 5'6", 121 lbs, dark brown hair; dark chameleon eyes that changes with her mood, or the moods of others. She has an eight month old medium gash in her lower right side, below her ribs. Upon close inspection and one would wonder how such a beautiful young lady come to receive such a nasty stab wound.

You can always find her in dark colors, blacks, grays, midnight blues, forest greens; anything to keep her hidden in a large crowd. She does not like attention that much, but forces herself to socialize all the time; a reprogramming tactic her older sister has forced her to do when she reentered college.

Hobby/Addictions: Addicted to pain pills. To make returning to life easier and keeps the pain away, she just uses the prescriptions her doctor gives her. But soon, when the prescriptions ran out, Gia would search for more - her roommates, her parents, her sisters...

She enjoys working out, swimming, shopping, music, partying, and photography; anything that relates to pulling herself out of her square; it's just not that easy anymore. In all honesty, she really hates being inside, small places, because of what she'd gone through and will try to do anything to get herself out and in a group. She believes that the only way to avoid depression is to force socialization. Her friends constantly set her up on blind dates just to get her to realize that she needed someone to offer strength, confidence, and safety in her life; preferably a gorgeous man. So, she's use to being forced on blind dates, but she dislikes it because she doesn't want to be held down or used again.

History

The pain meds, she won't have with her at all. She mainly uses them at night so she can sleep without pain. She received that stab wound when she was a hostage eight months ago at her college. It was a two months of being held hostage, unknown by anyone on campus, with seven other college girls. They were all kidnapped on campus and stashed in the basement of the maintenance department by three college maintenance staff. They were abducting girls to sell to a sex farm in South America in order to pay for their Visas.

Gia was stabbed and raped when she was captured after trying to get away. Due to one cell phone call she'd made to her friend, Augie, during her attempted escape, he was able to call the police who had set up a sting to save them. But unfortunately, Augie didn't want to wait; fearing that time was wasting away, he headed out to find her. He had found them all, but the abductors were prepared - they had found Gia's cell phone and knew the police were on their way.

Gia watched her classmates die. She should have been dead, but Augie shielded her - taking the bullets that were meant for her. She laid under him for two hours, pretending to be dead, until the police finally came to take out the three assailants. So, if Gia jumps because something is rushing her, or she screams out because of a loud sound, it's because of that. Blood makes her sick, and she's has a phobia of tight spaces - mainly for being under a bleeding dead football player all that time.

Her past makes her an interesting side dish for a Shadow... All that pent-up depression and fear, constantly paranoid, and forever guilt for her friend's death... Umm, Umm, Good!

So, what's so special about Gia?

Well, there are not a lot of humans out there with a natural ability to persuade others into good or bad choices. Some have a very minor skill in this, like Politicians, Instructors, people of authority, etc, etc, etc. In Gia's case, she actually has a innate Empathy-Based Persuasive Telepathy ability that she's unaware of.

Being rather connected to people's feelings, it makes this ability far too uncontrolled, but not overbearing. She just feels as if she's helping her friends make good choices based on what's going on. She has no clue that the things she tells people at times has such a powerful effect on them. It doesn't always work, which is why she's never realized its strangeness.

Gia might actually be an interesting new Sight, or a powerful new tool for SIN to recruit and twist for their usage. Therefore, the need for a human without Sight at the moment to gain a secret Protector would be interesting. They're protecting her from SIN, and she doesn't even know it yet. But when her Sight actually awakens, she'll understand it all.

The other reason is something she doesn't understand. It only happened once with her and that was when she was being shielded by Augie during the attack. But, not aware of what was happening, it didn't work at all.

Aura Keeper – The ability to glue herself to a person's spirit. As she maintains their body in her presence, she can project their spirit through the atmosphere, or through the webs of their consciousness to a particular location.

She can project a spirit in a physical or ghost like form – where they can either be seen, or not seen. Gia will be capable of protecting the Spirit and the Body while glued to them. If the person's Spirit or Body is injured, the wound will transfer to Gia rather than damage the Spirit or the Body of the person she holds.

The danger in this is if she is somehow disconnected from the person's true form. Gia has to remain in full contact with the person she is holding, and has to remain in total concentration. If anything (touch or connection) is severed, not only does Gia suffer major mental and physical injuries – and even death can occur; but the person she was holding will die without being connected to their spirit, and their spirit will wander around in the last location it was left in, lost forever.

If she doesn't become a Sight, she'll be a decent Protector. But, that's not for her to decide, now is it? I believe the one who gains her trust first will end up taking the prize and the spoils that come with it.

Just wondering if this will be okay? If not, I'll remove her special and just make her a regular Sight or Protector... Haven't quite decided yet.

If anyone is interested in being her secret Protector, if she's approved, then PM me and we can talk.

Last edited:
You're accepted, and I like the idea so it can stay like that.

Okay, thanks. You can just jump into the IC now.

Great! Will work on posting up soon.

Onyxforever you and Phi Chisym might be able to do something with the whole protector and master thing if you two want to discuss it.

Oh, didn't realize that. Um, my charrie has a Protector now.

A Sight can have more than Protector, for example Damian, who has both of Scarletnova's characters as Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.