[PROJECT/PLANNING] Iwaku: Angelic Delusion

P

Paorou-sama

Original poster
This thread is dedicated to my semi-personal project to branch the mythos out to different media. As opposed to roleplays and community projects, I already have the setting/plot (if you can call it that) in mind, but I need a direction. The project takes place during the Infinite Absolute Wars, where many alternate universe characters duked it out over the Absolute Artifacts. Due to the sheer scope involved, it is possible to run games or make stories where stuff is ruined (Paorou killed by a screwdriver, Asmodeus is a girl, etc.) and still have it canon. For this reason, I feel that we can do a lot with it. I have a few ideas in my head, but I'm not able to do all of them (being one guy) so I need help in narrowing my efforts.

LIST OF POTENTIAL MEDIA:

- Tabletop Narrative Strategy System : Paorou's Ambition/Greed of Asmodeus Reboot - What it says on the tin. The old system was flexible enough to include almost any kind of character or battle condition, from intense dramatic duels to epic wars between masses of bread cultists and ego zombies. It had the potential to be truly epic. However, since I make video games for a living now, I think that I should branch out and step up my game rather than remake an old idea. Here is the old, unfinished system and its rules : http://iwaku.wikia.com/wiki/Greed_of_Asmodeus

- Mobile Game iOS/Android : Greed of Asmodeus Derivative - This is actually the sort of game I'm expected to make every month. (at work) It loses the narrative aspect, though, concentrating more on strategy and combos to win. However, it maintains the feel of dueling with fancy combos (this time no need for imagination to see cool stuff!) while generic NPCs kill each other in the background. If I do this right, it may even become a multiplayer game we can play with each other over the internet/phones. I'm considering giving this to my boss and making it a company published game. Here is my proposal thus far : http://iwaku.wikia.com/wiki/Greed_of_Asmodeus_(Videogame)

- 2D Fighting Game : Iwaku Fighter - This is probably the hardest thing on this list to pull off. I'll need sprites, codes, art, animation... the list goes on. But this is the idea I want to pull off the most, and achieving this would make me die a happy man. I have so much ideas as to the system and the animations and moves of Mythos characters. However, I'll have to sadly limit the amount of playable characters - it's just too grand an idea. Here is my unfinished proposal : http://iwaku.wikia.com/wiki/Angelic_Delusion_(Fighting_Game)

- 3D Hack n' Slash Fighting game : Iwaku versus Iwaku - Similar to Gundam versus Gundam and dynasty warriors, in all the glory of a fancy 3d game. Iwakuans tend to fly around a lot and do dramatic stunts that really would rival tons of video games nowadays. So this is the best way in my opinion, to show the raw physicality of such battles. However, this is truly an impossibility for me to do (on my own) of all my ideas presented, and I don't find it as fulfilling, maybe because of how saturated the market is with such things.

- Video Presentation - I'll make this in conjunction with any of the above games, but like I said, limited characters due to the scope of the mythos. This one I am confident I can do on my own, though it'll take a lot of time. Essentially it'll introduce the characters and the game, as well as a really quick overview of the mythos. (primarily from the chosen characters' perspectives)

Due to the nature and scope of this project, I can only feasibly include 10-13 playable characters for the fighting game/video presentation (assuming I'm doing this on my own) and that would take FOREVER. Since this is an alternate universe where anything is possible, we can have playable characters that aren't the big players in Iwaku World (the big 3, Porg, Jack Shade, etc etc) I just want to know people's opinions with who to include. I got my own list, feel free to post up yours. Perhaps even pitch your characters while you're at it. The list I got isn't final yet, anyway.

My List
1. Asmodeus
2. Rory
3. Paorou-sama
4. Jack shade
5. Kitti
6. Porg
7. The Goddess/Muse/Medusa/
8. Tegan
9. Warmaster Death
10. TK
11. Orion
12. Grant and Aimi
13. Gabriel ONE (original character for this new setting)

(REPOST FROM THE IMMERSION GROUP{)

IWAKU: ULTIMATE IN MAYONAKA ARENA!

What? No "Unbalanced Hidden Character"? Add me. Fourth Wall breaking, editorial wizard-monk who inexplicably has Ringo Shiina's (pre-mole removal) face.[/shameless]

The iOS concept sounds interesting too.

2D fighting game. Fffff. Yes.
Coffee wants to be added as that character that talks way too much and takes forever to fight and no one ever wants to play as. ;p

A 2D hack n' slash adventure game might combine some of your ideas into one simpler concept.

Also, this idea is win.

notepad_studies___angelic_delusion_by_paorou-d5cfw02.jpg

Here's some studies for the above list I've done so far. Some of them are sprite studies rather than portrait studies.

From left to right, top to bottom:

- Gabriel ONE
- Kitti
- Asmodeus (newer costume/design)
- Tegan
- Asmodeus (more of a face/body proportion study)
- Jack Shade
- Paorou-sama (sprite study)
- Paorou-sama (character selection screen/portrait)
- Medusa
- TEE KAY
- Rory

MAJOR UPDATE.

http://paorou.deviantart.com/art/Iwaku-AD-Paorou-s-Basic-Cardinal-Movement-Demo-328730681

AND SO THAT PEOPLE WON'T LOSE HOPE WITH MY EGO TRIPPING:

33dcvtv.png

This is my first attempt for Jack Shade's sprite. I'm not including his wings because they take up too much space, but they'll appear with his flight animations, jump animation and certain attack animations. The design/pose/colors not yet final, though I think we can stick to the pose.

I need to watch art threads more..
Oh my gosh, Paorou....

You got TK right on.

Dayum.

I love your artstyle.

Oh, guys. If you feel like volunteering for sprite creation/background arting/song composing, Just post in this thread. Don't be too ashamed, since I can find some work for you SOMEWHERE.

ME ME MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME! ME!

I'LL DO A SOMETHING!

Okay Teek, I need backgrounds OR sprites OR concept art I can draw from.

The background, I'm not sure what dimensions I need just yet, but it has to be digitally painted, representing locales in Iwaku (Mythos). Iwaku Castle, Shapeshifter town, Porg's meadow, etc. As long as you can produce something wide (like 1280 px) I think I can accept it.

The sprite has to be within the range of 250 x 250 png. That's Paorou's standing sprite, accounting the cape. Although I told Coffee that a proper sprite would be 100 x 250, I found out that it's too small. For instance, Jack Shade's sprite is about 260x200, because he's a little taller than Paorou.

For sprites you can make your own or ask me to provide you a template to clean up or color.

For concept art, I can be lenient and let you draw whatever you want. BUT, I might not use it. However, if I like a concept art, I will probably be lazy and include it as official game art or something.

You motherfucker, you DREW EVERYONE ALREADY!

Arright lemme make this shit precise and concise for you.

Concept Art
  • What file type? (.psd, .ai, .jpeg, .png etc.)
  • The look you're going for? (Hyung Tae Kim type shit, UDON type shit, WoW type shit, WHATEVER TYPE SHIT?)
  • Detail limit? I saw your animated Paorou, all the lines were simple so whatheactualfuck?
  • HOW MANY FUCKING PEOPLE AM I DESIGNING?
  • Fuck you if you think I'mma come up with 10+ separate character desig-- well no, I can do that nevermind.
  • HEY YOU. YEAH, ALL Y'ALL LOOKIN' IN ON THIS SHIT AND SEEING YOUR NAMES LISTED. FUCKIN' DROP SOME DESCRIPTIONS FOR YOUR SHIT, YOU MOTHERFUCKERS.

Background Art
  • Art style (Watercolor, hard lines, apocolyptic, some random jank-ass car off to the side for Ryu to beat on?)
  • Size of the landscape
  • Themes no themes? ("Iwaku's destroyed landscape", boxing ring, UFC MMA ring, someone's backyard)

I will forgive koori for not pointing out sprites because that's technical shit.

Concept Art

* What file type?
- Send them in JPG or PNG.

* The look you're going for?
- Due to the varied natures of the Iwakuans involved (We got Warhammer, Kingdom Hearts, Cutesy animu shit and hellsing stuff coming together as a small PERCENTAGE in this universe) All I can give you for this is 'make them look human'. I'm not chasing for realism - more of proportions and costume design - mostly colors. I'm really just scoping for ideas here.

* Detail limit? I saw your animated Paorou, all the lines were simple so whatheactualfuck?
- Leave the sprites to the sprite details below. But if it's that much of a concern, I'm using two-tone for everything (line, and fill) though that depends on the clothing, skin, wings, feathers, capes, etc. Lines can also double as shadows.

* HOW MANY FUCKING PEOPLE AM I DESIGNING?
- That's up to you. Seeing as I got your attention, at least one concept art of people in my list, or a character contribution would be great.

*HEY YOU. YEAH, ALL Y'ALL LOOKIN' IN ON THIS SHIT AND SEEING YOUR NAMES LISTED. FUCKIN' DROP SOME DESCRIPTIONS FOR YOUR SHIT, YOU MOTHERFUCKERS.
- WHAT SHE SAID (Though I drew you guys - peeps in the list - already hahaha)

Background Art

*Art style (Watercolor, hard lines, apocolyptic, some random jank-ass car off to the side for Ryu to beat on?)
- Still torn with this one. I say digital painting but that is so wide, so generic an expectation. So all I can say is try not to use hard lines - save those for the sprites.

*Size of the landscape
- Undecided as of yet, I'm thinking full screen stuff like 640x480 - but that's the game screen. Fighting games go back and forth, so 1280 x 720? or something.

*Themes no themes? ("Iwaku's destroyed landscape", boxing ring, UFC MMA ring, someone's backyard)
- Themes : 'Evil' and 'Good' Castles (interior and exterior), Gray storm-clouds over a Wasteland, Old battlefields, rolling meadows, The deck of a steampunk airship, dark forests with ruins of some ancient structure. I want to say 'stuff from the mythos' but artists who are/were part of it are limited, so I laid out the stuff I need.

Sprites

*Output:
If you have flash, send me a fla. If not, give me a set of PNGs

*Size :
No uniform size just yet - For the sake of clarification we use the standing sprite as the basis for the overall 'size' of the character.
250x250 (Paorou's sprite) Standard would be around 260x200 (Jack's Sprite)

*States:
While I'd like to say ALL, I really only need the following per character:
- Standing - 21 Frames
- (From standing) Crouching - Paorou's had 10 frames, though this included crouch-stand
- (in the state of) Crouching Loop - 21 Frames
- Jumping - Paorou's had 25 Frames, though this included launch-in air-landing
- Walking Forward Loop - 21 Frames
- Walking Backward Loop - 21 Frames

Attacks, guarding come after this. We can all deal with that later.

*Game Speed:
- 30 frames per second. All the above animations, except maybe the loops, should take place in a second/less than a second. Attacks even less, (unless you wanna be fancy about it).

*Style :
- Two-tone, but depth is achieved with the lines doubly serving as the shadow/s. Use darker colors for lines, lighter colors for fills.

No f'real, these people need to fuckin' leave a persona description or SOMETHING.

- Gabriel ONE
- Kitti
- Asmodeus
- Tegan
- Asmodeus
- Jack Shade
- Medusa
- TEE KAY
- Rory

WHO THE FUCK IS YOU, WHAT THE FUCK AM I EVEN DRAWING. WHAT.

Gabriel One isn't even a real person. >:L I INDICATED THIS ON MY FIRST POST LRN2READ

I COPIED AND PASTED YOU ASSHOLE, YOU TEXT TOO MUCH.

ASSMOOKITTI.JPG

I made another of TK and Tegan but asshole Iwaku isn't letting me upload something about blah blah exceeding limit blah.

GAHAHAHAHA GAHAHAHA GAAAAAAHAHAHAHA

Oh oh, I'm gon use the asmo one ahyuk hyuk

Take a look at the sprite and concept art Pao already has for me :P

Open long black coat, Iajutsu style Dai-Katana, Sunglasses, slightly coiffed (likea douche) brown hair, or rather, slightly standing up in the front.

Black/grey slacks and classy but badass shoes.

Not a whole lot. His wings are black and one of his abilities is to fall apart into ooze and reconstitute.

Have at it.

Nifty designs so far though, Koori