[PROJECT/PLANNING] Iwaku: Angelic Delusion

I-I'll get to these as soon as I finish my own Iwaku drawing projects... Along with my latest painting lesson and, and.... Fuck I'm not gonna have time am I?

T___T

Could I get a description of what Tegan's character looks like?

TK:

silver white hair, garnet red eyes, slightly tanned. about 5'7-5'10 given which form or cycle. In her fox form, she's usually about five pounds and pretty tiny, though agile- with white fur and red eyes and a large tail (or tails) that is the same length as her body in that form. Lanky. Sometimes has fox ears showing- which are white as well.

HUGE POST

Since Kooriryu has graced us with her concept art, I feel obligated to upload the concept art I've been hiding from everyone as I went straight to animating Paorou. (Yeah, I'm a jerk.)

INITIAL ASMO CONCEPT ART

21n2ixs.jpg

THE "I'M-NOT-SO-SURE-I-LIKE-THIS-IDEA-ANYMORE" VERSION (My take on Kooriryu's sketch)

534g7c.jpg

INITIAL KITTI CONCEPT ART

2m3680z.jpg

INITIAL PORG CONCEPT ART

2imnm.jpg

I:AD WOMEN - COSTUME STUDY

20rpxqt.jpg

Paorou's notes, since they're faded:
(TOP LEFT) TEEK : Looks too much like Tamamo/Ahri/any animu kitsune character, really.
(TOP RIGHT) KITTI : KNIGHTS! CAPES AND FEATHERS! NO MORE BOOB FANSERVICE :C!
(LOWER LEFT) TEGAN : Rugged 'Rebel' Look.
(LOWER RIGHT) MEDUSA/GODDESS: Gray Everything! Rags and Tatters! Long Tentacly Hair!

FACE PORTRAITS, INSANITY

f27ryx.jpg

There's gonna be talking parts inbetween fights because Iwakuans like to type. I'm drawing portraits just in case.

LEFT TO RIGHT, TOP TO BOTTOM: Captain Nic, Soulless, Saneless, Torsty, Orochi, 'Back in the good old days' Wendu, IRL Wendu, BATMAN/Razilin

SPRITE UPDATES

Jack Shade's .fla file got corrupted, so I'm in the process of redrawing/retracing the sprite.

Alternatively I'm still figuring out what kind of fighting stance I'd use for Kitti.

Won't be working much on this soon though, because another major-major animation project is coming up. (It's tangentially school related, too!)

... But I'll be uploading concept art and sprite studies when I can. You guys, feel free to share what you have, too!

Alright actually doing a few sketches and then seeing this shit I have a somewhat firmer grasp on what it is the fuck Ampao's doing.

So I'mma run this shit down and AMPAO I NEED YOU TO INPUT A YES OR NO

So everyone apparently needs to look like they're battle ready? Y/N

Incorporate feathers, wings, capes, feathered capes, wings that double as capes on 90% of characters? Y/N

Easier to sprite them if drawn in a battle ready pose? Y/N

---------------------------------------------------
To Ampao

• How many guns is Tegan meant to be carrying?
  • Wouldn't it be easier to just draw one huge tail for TK instead of individual tails?
  • Kitti kinda looks like Sophitia.
  • What's the actual theme for the game? With all the "angelic this, angelic that" is it just "everyone's gotta have wings and/or feathers or some kinda angel shit"?
  • Do you want to unify everyone's design or keep everyone as individualistic with only art style as the unifier?
  • Are you gonna be spriting/animating alternate forms like TK's fox form or strictly one form for everyone?
  • What would be TOO MUCH detail?

To EVERYFUCKINGONE ELSE, LOOK HERE YOU ASSHOLES.

I'mma need you motherfuckers to give me the following:

Any and a maximum of 3 adjectives you want to convey visually for your character. You want to have a feminine appearance? Bold? Conniving? Gangster (Japanese or ...fuck it y'all wanna be like those yankee kids, rite?)

Any character significant details, particular weaponry, a mark, hair color anything my ass can't take artistic license on.

The style of dress your character takes. Do they wear dresses? Chaps? Nothing but suspenders and a monocle?

What's your color scheme? Max 3 colors excluding skin and hair. If you want something in to be a color like a trench coat or a skirt or whatever the fuck, SAY SO. The rest of that shit will be artistic license motherfuckers.

I'd say use one, if you can- less to draw in or animate- I was merely putting in TK's alternate form because I didn't know if I should mention it or not 0.0.

Any kinds of clothes you wish to put her in are fine, what I put down was the necessities- though Most of the pics I've drawn and used hold a kind of frail look to her- skinny. Honestly, I'm curious to see how this will turn out.

Assless chaps are for Asmo.

Ayo TK, what if I gave you a fox mask instead like
View attachment 15408

jpgIWAssmoCharDesig.jp.jpg

YELLING AT ASSMO ABOUT HIS DESIGN POINTED SOMETHING OUT I SHOULD TELL YOU AMPAO.

FUCKIN' GIVE ME SOME DIRECTION. IT'S YOUR GAMEBABYTREASURE, TELL ME HOW PRETTY OR UGLY OR "UNIQUE" YOU WANT YOUR GAMEBABYTREASURE TO BE LOOKIN'.

I'M HEARING A LOT OF "TWO TONE, BOLD LINES" BUT NONE OF "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS WING CAPE, NO EXNAY ON THAT, GIVE HIM RAINBOW FEATHERS AND SENSIBLE WORK BOOTS. CHANGE THE SWORD TO A FROZEN TEENAGER WITH A SHARP POINT ON ITS HEAD. ALSO, ALL PUCE COLORED. AND HIS HAIR NEEDS TO LOOK LIKE FABIO STUCK HIS DICK IN THE SOCKET."

YO' ASS NEEDS TO BE TELLING ME WHAT YOUR CHARACTERS SHOULD BE LOOKIN' LIKE TO FIT HOW YOU WANT THE GAME TO FEEL LIKE. BECAUSE I SURE AS SHIT KNOW THEY DIDN'T JUST TELL TETSUYA NOMURA, "PUT ZIPPERS AND CLOWN SHOES ON EVERYONE."

So everyone apparently needs to look like they're battle ready? Y/N Y

Incorporate feathers, wings, capes, feathered capes, wings that double as capes on 90% of characters? Y/N N (It's more like just 50-60%)

Easier to sprite them if drawn in a battle ready pose? Y/N Y

To Ampao

• How many guns is Tegan meant to be carrying? 2-3, rest are tools like ropes, beartraps, etc.
  • Wouldn't it be easier to just draw one huge tail for TK instead of individual tails? Sure, if Teek is okay wit dat.
  • Kitti kinda looks like Sophitia. Good for her
  • What's the actual theme for the game? With all the "angelic this, angelic that" is it just "everyone's gotta have wings and/or feathers or some kinda angel shit"? 'mythic' fighting and dramatic war stuff. two major factions just happen to be angels and/or like capes
  • Do you want to unify everyone's design or keep everyone as individualistic with only art style as the unifier? latter.
  • Are you gonna be spriting/animating alternate forms like TK's fox form or strictly one form for everyone? will be spriting alternate forms if part of their gameplay- if merely an alternate costume, mothball for later. Teeks foxform is part of gameplay, so I will be spriting it.
  • What would be TOO MUCH detail? too much different colors... too much extra accessories like jewelries, elaborate earings, tassels, etc.

Asmo looks great, but he has two slightly curved swords - they have to look like they were ONCE one sword, cut in half down the mid. He also needs a more 'proactive' fighting pose - he's not as laid back or as smug as Paorou-sama.

You got teh hair right.

I'm still deliberating on the clothes as he was topless in one of the mythos roleplays, and had clothes in dark reign. This game happens between those two settings. Your upper shirt and wingcape idea is great, though, I'd like Asmo's wings to look like they work/he can fly using them, rather than an elaborately designed cape.

I love this 0.0

Oh, and A mask is fine, yes yes!

BAHAHAHAHA.

Okay right well anyway I went and hounded Assmo for how he actually looks like and he gave me some dude as a reference to how he "actually looks like" and it was some blonde fool lookin' like the apocolypse happened during ....one of the hoity toity eras in England, also talkin' about how he had a book in his chest or whatever the fuck.

So I'mma incorporate some of the shit you already did for others like Kitti, TK etc. JUST SO IT FEELS LIKE I'M NOT DESIGNING "EVERYONE ONE ELSE". Also a list of who's in what faction'll help me out with the whole "adurr who getz da fethas and whoz wering kapes?"

I take it at least on appearance alone that Assmo's (Team Feathers) part of one faction while Tegan (Team Beartrap) is part of another.

FACTIONS VISUAL DELINEATIONS

FEATHERS:
- Asmodeus

CAPES (OR ANY LONG GARMENT THAT FLAPS DRAMATICALLY):
- Paorou
- Medusa/Goddess

FEATHERS *AND* CAPES (OR AFOREMENTIONED FLAPPY GARMENTS):
- Jack Shade
- Rory

(some) ARMOR
- Porg (At least in his own designs, he's working on it right now)

ARMOR, FEATHERS *AND* CAPES
- Kitti

COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
- Gabriel One (RYU with GLASSES and BLATANT ADVERTISING T-Shirt)
- Warmaster Death (Warhammer 40k SPESS MEHREEN)

BEARTRAP
- Tegan

TOPLESS FANSERVICE
- Orion

FUR
- None. Dream on.

KIMONOS
- Coffee, though that's because Coffee is working on Coffee's character.

FUR *AND* KIMONOS
- TEEK

honestly I really hope this goes through I sounds great and by the looks of it it'll be amazing

So, Pao, how are you going to work with the fighting system? Is there going to be health and stamina bars? How many attacks will there be?

Will there be things in the game that open up or reveal themselves the further you progress?

Will certain characters be unreachable until a certain point?

Will there be "Tutorial level" of sorts?

Will there be an opening sequence for the game, or when you start it up, will you just start on a page where you choose your character?

I'm so curious!

1. So, Pao, how are you going to work with the fighting system? Is there going to be health and stamina bars? How many attacks will there be?

Think Street Fighter, there's gonna be health bars on top and then special gauges at the bottom. There's going to be an additional element called the 'Cyclic Manifestation', though that both players can access/affect, signified by a hoop in the middle of both healthbars on top.

I can only give an assurance with the basic attacks - quick, mid, strong, for each state (Crouching, standing and jumping) so that's 9 attacks off the mark. However, each character will have 'skills' and special command attacks, so there can be way way more attacks.

2. Will there be things in the game that open up or reveal themselves the further you progress?

Maybe. If it's successful enough, maybe I'll include some DLCs later on. As it is, maybe just a story mode, and some dialogue for each character.

3. Will certain characters be unreachable until a certain point?

No, I want to release as many as I can ASAP. If a character is later added, it's because we decided to add more characters

4. Will there be "Tutorial level" of sorts?

How to play segments.

5. Will there be an opening sequence for the game, or when you start it up, will you just start on a page where you choose your character?

See my original post (As in the first post in this thread) - I plan on making a music video that summarizes the Admin War and reveals a bit of Dark Reign while introducing the game characters.

Hmmm, I'm curious about the cyclic manifestation. Where do you plan on taking that?

p.s. Ampao instead of the (relatively) clean line work I did for Assmo's design, I'mma sketch a couple of different shit for each character and YOU NEED TO OPEN THAT SHIT IN PAINT, ILLUSTRATOR WHATHEFUCK EVER AND CIRCLE THINGS AND CROSS THINGS OUT AND WRITE NOTES ON WHAT TO KEEP, WHAT TO NIX, WHAT TO KEEP PLAYING WITH TO MAKE THE PRETTIEST GAMEBABYTREASURE YOU EVER DONE DID.

Hiatus due to another major animation project.

Waiting on koori's sketches.

Don't let this die, Pao. This is amazing!

*Just now seeing this thread for the first time in months*

o_o

;_;! Stupid real life!

Late to the party. I know this asshole pops up worse than a gang of lemmings but...hear me: castlevania style game of Iwaku...but char setup is like the arcade xmen. but here comes the catch, which current plotline you end in is developed similar to choice games like alpha protocol.

i know, you'll say the story is long as is...but so was legend of dragoon. And with bossman paorou being the one to beat, what things you do could either land you in dark reign or even iwakutsuki ;) think on it