Votes: 1 2.2%
  • My handwriting is unique and hard to describe

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • It's so bad that it's like trying to decipher a code

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My handwriting is horrible; printing, cursive, it all sucks. It's so bad my kids' teachers have to call me when I write notes for them because they don't believe an adult wrote it. @_@ To be fair though, I have problems with my hands and wrists going numb after five seconds of holding something, so it's not without a reason.

Reactions: Fluffy
This thread made me happy, that my handwriting is just as crappy as everyone else's.

My handwriting has a weird combination of print and cursive. Some people say it's pretty. It starts out that way I guess, then starts looking sloppy because I get sore pretty quickly. Curse these weak wrists. >:[

Hm, suppose it's sort of funky when I bother writing properly, otherwise it's just scribbles.

An example would be my avatar, that that's all capital ones.

And my "a" and "e" look identical because I use the type of a you find in fonts like these, rather than the version we're taught in school.

I've been told mine is very neat and people like it. I'm also asked many times "how do you write so small?"

I have no idea. I also still use my cursive just to keep in natural practice. I recently found out that my 14 yr nephew has NO signature since he was not taught how to do so in school. WHAT!!!???

I was shocked. Everything he turns in online or typed (he hunts and pecks) they don't teach typing either. *Rolls eyes*

Anyway... the fine art of Writing as it were is being lost and its sad. I took it upon myself to show him what his name looks like in cursive and had him practice at 14 how to write it.

It makes me sad that kids don't know how to write now days. Its something so important and yet all the do is sloppy PRINT. They don't know the difference.

For anyone who wants to try and get better that what I learned back in school yes I sound old (hush don't as my age) Try this link.

http://appnee.com/printable-english-cursive-handwriting-practice-copybook/

(Once I can get an image of my writing uploaded I will. My phone is being cranky)

The opinions vary. Some find my handwriting absolutely adorable and neat, others find it a horror to read. I tend to write really small, but straight, so my letters don't bend down to the left or right.

It also depends on how much care and time I give myself. If I've the time to write I try to write bigger and neater. If I'm rushing, like with my notes or exams, I always start out neat and then end up scribbling down stuff that are bordering towards that of a 'doctor's handwriting'.

I would love to 're-learn' calligraphy though. I used to write with a fountain pen, but then I moved over to the cheaper utensils and ... yeah. Nowadays I find my calligraphy handwriting look like 'crap', as it tilts a little bit too much to the right for my liking.

I have been told, once or twice only, that my writing looks a bit like elvish because I like long lines with the fs and the hs and the gs and stuff, and everything else is slightly below half-height and it often leans as though I'm writing in italics. But it only looks that way if I'm writing quickly, on lined paper and actually know what I want to write. The rest of the time it's just kinda... loose and lazy.

My cursive is appalling. I get confused by all the loops.

[spoili]
jpd6ZVy.jpg
[/spoili]

Whoo. And I occassionally switch randomly between print and cursive. Unlike most people, I love my handwriting.

But then, when my wrist starts hurting like something awful, it turns into this:
[spoili]
SgjR9Fr.jpg
[/spoili]

My hand writing is to shit. I blame computers. Vive la révolution technologique!

My handwriting is worse than an alcoholic in DTs or a crackhead on withdraw. Either way it ain't pretty.

The only time I use a pen is to sign things.
Same here.

Funny thing is the quality of my handwriting for my signature is markedly better than if I'm simply scribbling random things on paper.

I'm plagued with a mountain of paperwork for work every shift. My hand was sore for the first few days, considering I typically type everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.