[Post-Apoc Fantasy] Join Iwaku's EPIC Mass RP: Ilium!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I'll have to go through the linked information, and then see if my character (a Dragon) would fit the world and how, and then see about getting up and running. That is, if you'd like me to. ^^;
You would be better off playing one of those lizard men than a dragon o.o; Dragons either wound up slayed or stolen away.

Reactions: FireDrake150
You would be better off playing one of those lizard men than a dragon o.o; Dragons either wound up slayed or stolen away.
I'll have to think about it. Not really a fan of Lizardmen, least the way Skyrim portrayed them through Argonians.

Might be able to make someone like Avatar Roku (Avatar, the last airbender canon) work though, in that case.

So it's been mentioned that Illium has a planned ending. My question would be, how close is that ending?

Also with the RP being established for such a long time (way to go btw) certain writers are going to tend to gravitate to each other and the the people who have been around the longest are going to have a much easier time finding ways to interact with others. This is, of course, the nature of the collaborative writing and not a complaint at all, but how hard is it for new players to feel involved and how often do you think new players drop out because they couldn't figure out how to get involved?

I'm incredibly impressed with what I've seen while skimming through everything. The fact that you recognize the advantages of occasionally writing small bits for other people's characters is a huge selling point for me. Tegan's Code of Conduct should be mandatory reading on every RP site. I'm not actually sure how interested I am in the world of Sunne but the opportunity to collaborate with this many talented writers isn't something I want to pass up. At the very least it would be a fantastic chance to improve my own writing.

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Currently the ending of Book 1 is in the works. We hope to start fresh with Book 2 and that would be an excellent starting point for anyone interested in joining.

Honestly, as one of the relatively newer members, I suggest you don't look at Illium as a typical roleplay. We seriously build the world of Sunne with each post and also build on each other. At least, this is the way I've come to see it. When I first joined I was very intimidated, I felt I needed guidance so I didn't mess anything up, I was hesitant to approach anyone, and I felt urged, by my own account, to push for an interaction with another player. However, I came to realize that I wasn't a newbie but another voice in the story and that I could add any ideas to it so long as they were logical in the world of Sunne.

So I guess, how involved you want to be depends on you. It does take some initiative because you have so much freedom and none of the typical limitations of other group roleplays (for one thing, the world is a lot bigger). I think it is because of this that new players drop out. They expect a group roleplay and get a bit of a shock (maybe? It wasn't my case, I was all for it) when they discover that it's really, exactly, what it advertises: collaborative writing in the sense that we build with each post no matter how small or trivial even.

I advice that you think about the where, how, and why when creating a character for Ilium. Really think about injecting yourself into it. You don't have to, but I can definitely see how it would make things easier. When I first applied I just made a character I thought was cool, slapped some occupation on him and jumped. Still, the GMs were very helpful in aiding me figure out how my character was going to get involved.

It's tons of fun. It's definitely the RP I put the most thought into. It also takes me more time and lately time is precious but I stick with it.

JOIN ILIUM!!! D:

@Censored69

• Nice Execution!
  • Love
Reactions: unanun and Spire
Now's the perfect time to join as Book 2 has just launched and it's something of a fresh start. More players for the Viridos nation would be especially welcome. We have... trees :D

Status
Not open for further replies.