Possession IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
[BG="#434D56"]Staring at Captain Kogure in the eyes with her usual determined look, Cari listened closely as he briefly reviewed and discussed her technical report. She nodded quietly, occasionally taking notes throughout the discussion, and responded with a crisp "Of course, Captain; that won't be a problem at all," when asked about her ability to hack into the Enlightenment's Artificial Intelligence systems. She smiled appreciatively as the Captain informed her of his gratitude for her work.

She followed the captain and the rest of the group from the bridge out into the dining hall, where by now most of the crew were gathered together. When Kiminobu finally departed for his private quarters, Cari made an effort to smile and look friendly among the group, where she so often felt distant and out of place. She took a seat at the dining room table and tried to smile and nod as other people carried on their conversations, seeing if anyone would address or include her.

But when Dr. Tam introduced mentioned the visiting scientists, Lilith Turner and Raze Charente, Cari whirled around almost instantly to look at them, with her intense eyes containing a combination of curiosity and animosity. She wanted to be collegial and polite, but the decision of the scientific authorities to add additional scientists to the mission confused her and tested her patience. As she detected in their faces a flustered look, as though they had been interrupted in the middle of something, Cari felt her her face flush and she momentarily lost her composure. Maybe that's it - they're testing me... to see if I can collaborate effectively?

Cari muttered to herself, and tried to regain her sense of poise and professionalism. She approached the pair and introduced herself: "My name is Cari Salazar-Steele; I am the engineer of this ship and a member of the consortium that designed the Enlightenment. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." She produced a somewhat forced smile and offered her hand in a collegial handshake, interested to see which of them would would take it first.[/BG]
Cari informs the captain that she is able to hack into the Enlightenment's AI systems. She goes out to the dining room and tries to be sociable, introducing herself to Raze and Lilith.

A warmth began to spread over her body as she moved further into Raze's room. She looked at the woman, her boss and mentor, with great pride and longing. Her heart began to pound nervously in her chest as she fumbled a bit and then glanced nervously at the floor. Pushing her glasses up on the bridge of her nose she felt a stirring sensation arising within her, a burning passion. She almost couldn't control herself, she just wanted to move forward and kiss the woman whom she so dearly adored, but whom she felt (sometimes) rejected by.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door as the captain arrived and announced they were needed in the dinning area. Startled from her thoughts she turned toward the Captain, "y....yes, sir, understood. Raze" she turned to her co-worker and allowed her to go first. When Raze passed she was almost tantalized by even the woman's smell. Keeping herself together as best she could, she turned on her heel and hurried behind Raze through the door and corridors toward the dinning area. She was barely able to keep herself together as she nervously followed, the blush not leaving her face until they arrived in the dinning hall.

Once there Cari began to speak and introduce herself. The woman produced a smile, but a quick deduction of her posture and smile told Lilith that the woman felt some distance from Raze and Lilith. Lilith could understand, but she gave a genuine kind smile to the other woman, "The pleasure is ours, Miss Salazar-Steele," she stated lightly shaking the woman's hand, "It is a beautiful ship" she truthful admitted. After that she quickly resumed her timid, shy, nervous air, moving instinctively to Raze's side.

Kiminobu leaned against the closed door and glanced upon the documents Cari gave him. He couldn't make himself go over it, for some reason. He pretended not to know the reason, but to his dismay, he thinks he knows, and he was distressed over that knowledge.

"Why the fuck am I thinking of such juvenile things when I've got bigger things on my plate?!" he sighed as he walked away from the door. He dumped the documents to the nightdesk beside his bed and threw himself onto the bed. The cramped and stagnant smell of his room has a calming effect on him, and his mind has now drifted onto other things. He tried to keep his mind away from the upcoming mission and imagined himself back on earth, living happily with his aging parents. Reality came back crushing forth soon after though, when he realized he couldn't get home unless he finish this mission.

The exact reason this mission left him with a bad feeling, Kiminobu didn't know, nor is he willing to know, but something's nagging him that he should abort the mission as soon as possible.

"No," he told himself, "I can't afford to act like this. I am this ship's captain, and whatever fears I might have, I shouldn't let those interfere with our mission. It should be done, and it will be done."

He kept repeating those words to himself as he drifted off to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------
summary:

Kiminobu distressed himself over his thoughts, though the smell of his room comforted him somewhat. Reaffirming the necessity of going through with the mission to himself, he drifted off to sleep.

Okay, as I have mentioned in the commitments thread, I am afraid that due to circumstances not under my control, I might have to take an indefinite leave of absence. And because of that, I am sorry to announce that this RP is now dead.

Thanks everyone for bearing with me thus far, and best of luck to all of your other RP endeavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.