1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Horror, Scifi, Magical
Plot

IMG_3093.jpg

The Kizuna Region

An equatorial region of equal land and water. Heavy meteor showers persist throughout Kizuna, mostly on the west end of the mainland. In the eastern waters, 'Sootopolis' not yet exists, lying submerged under the ocean. The famous 'Mt. Chimney' is missing, doubling the size of the ancient desert that it hides below. Kizuna's climate is mainly tropical with wetlands and rocky highlands.

| Before its elevation into Lavaridge due to the unforeseen volcano, Lavalore exists as a desertus city ruled by the Ruby clan. Lavalore claims all of the desert and the mountainous Valley of Steel. Their main domain exists within these areas and extends to Mount Kirikiri where their demigod, the baltoy, was allegedly brought to life. A smaller branch of the Rubies settle at Camerupt Point, dreadfully close to enemy territory. Recently conquered, is Mau village which hosts a large lake (modernly known as Lake May) that is sought after by the water loving Sapphires. Off of the mainland, the Rubies also oversee the Riyado territory with Square Top moutain on Izabe island in the far east. |

E07FE7EA-3E36-4677-9D52-9BAA0DE200BE.jpg

Visual of Lavalore

| The Sapphires of Lilycove dominate the entirety of their oceanside village and the majority of the region's surrounding islands. Before developing into the major harbor of Slateport, Slate village exists as a clan exclusive shipyard and thriving marketplace where their clean water allows for an abundance of farm fresh ingredients. Directly across from Slate village, through a water route, are their heavily guarded storehouses floating atop a corsola colony which would later be formed into a village known as Pacifidlog. The area currently is just a main sea lane for the Sapphires where some choose to live their whole lives aboard their ships. On Izabe island, their private Evergrande village exists which is largely inaccessible due to its steep cliffs and high waterfall. |

| Holdinig claim to territories scattered throughout the region, are the reserved Emerald clans. The draconid people dwell within Meteor Falls, guarding its secret sanctuary with their dragons. North of them, are the Emeralds of Fallarbor who are avid environmentalists and tree farmers. Verdanturf with its clean breezy air, is a highland village of the Emeralds having a sweet grassy fragrance. One of the earliest Emerald clan territories is Oldale which is enveloped by the southern tropics of Kizuna.

The Oldale tribe have regular ceremonies unseen to the other clans. Serving as a well known domain of the Emeralds, is Petalburg wood. There, anyone other than an Emerald is asked to state their business. Elsewhere, in the northern midsection of Kizuna, is a village of theirs nestled among mountains where powerful tornados blow through. On the other side of the region, in the upper half of Izabe island, Emeralds frequent the village of Purika located near a hidden underground labyrinth. |

Rustboro village is one of the few neutral zones established by settlers who came from another region. It is a popular trading and export destination for the Sapphires and many Emeralds are seen there too. Another shared zone is Mossdeep, the main location of the Laze team who are a team of natural philosophers that study the region. Lastly, although unwarrantedly supported by the Sapphire clan, the rainy treetop village of Fortree remains unaffiliated to any clan. Any traveler is welcome to stay overnight in one of their rain pattering tree huts so long as they are unproblematic and generous guests. The Emeralds of Fallarbor help protect their homely forest.

tumblr_pql31xTIsB1s423d9o1_540.jpg

Fortree Village

Color Shift Phenomenon

An unexplained anomaly that can change the coloration of a Pokémon when experiencing a mirage.
The color shift does not change the Pokémon's type, but can cause it to become a shiny or an uncommon color.

ck03kb4it6461.jpg

Kizuna Map

Places that do not exist yet:

Sootopolis (plot creation)
Mt. Chimney (plot creation)
Jagged pass
Rusturf Tunnel
Little Root town
LaRousse city
Sea Mauville Wreck
Anthony's Gym
New Mauville
The Greenhouse
Weather Institute Outpost
South city
Elite 4 Headquarters
Sky Pillar

d7hzkl1-116c29cb-9ce5-4e70-92f9-764d3cd123dd.png

The Ruby Clan

Residing primarily on the mainland of Kizuna, the Rubies aim to increase the size of the region by restoring landmass by way of volcanic activity and their lava spewing Pokémon.

Natives of Lavalore (renamed Lavaridge after the creation of Mt. Chimney), the Ruby clan exalts Groudon as the savior of their lands for its ability to restore or erect new and existing terrain.

The Rubies value Solidity and Structure above everything. Their physical characteristics vary, with red hair being the birthright of the main bloodline.

Their kimonos are heavily accented with their ruby red clan color. Contrary to the expectation of an explosive temper, due to their fascination with volcanoes, most Rubies are actually well grounded or level headed. Many share the attributes of ground type Pokémon whom they hold in high regard.

Their bustling city rests of upon the sands of the Kizuna desert before their volcanic mountain stood above it. There they follow the Baltoy who communicate telepathic guidance to them. Out of spite for the Sapphire clans religious practices, the Rubies plan an altar for Groudon and hunt down Kyogre's seaside temples to eradicate. They intentionally have a Magma festival on the same day as the Aqua festival. On a regular day, the clan scouts the region for excess water to evaporate with their fire types or to solidify their lava with into obsidian rock for more solid ground. Leading the cause, is Zora with her lava happy Macargo.

ae46faf48c9b857d5908f6b71390f64b.png

The Sapphire Clan

Occupying various aquatic regions within Kizuna, the Sapphires desire to expand the habitats of their exalted water type Pokémon with the help of their rain dancers. These Lilycove natives glorify Kyogre for adding more water to the region with its blessed heavy rains. They value unrestraint and fluidity above all else.

A common physical attribute of a Sapphire clan member is dark hair. Purple hair is usually inherited to those of the primary family.

Their garments are dyed a deep blue in honor of Kyogre. Characteristics of a Sapphire can range from the embodiment of calm waters, to the wildness of stormy sea waves. Most praised within their clan, is an uninhibited personality type.

Being more religious than the Rubies, the Sapphires construct seaside temples where they offer their best catches to Kyogre and pray for continuous rainfall.

Once every year, the Sapphires celebrate the Aqua festival in recognition of their successes where they enjoy water theatre and host a competition between the Gorebyss and Huntail rivalry. Their interest in theatrics would later inspire performance battling. Routinely, they sail around the region to find new areas to make rainy, fish for offerings or dive to discover unseen domain.

Their Leader, Kyreus, dispatches Regice and Registeel to guard their borders against any Ruby clan invaders. There is no room for those that would obstruct the flow of water.

rayquaza_gijinka_by_hikiko_chan-d5v0y36.jpg

The Emerald Clans

The Emeralds are a nonuniform clan that are more branched out across Kizuna. They are more interested in the heavens above than they are in the land or sea drama.

Their dragons are their prized Pokémon, with some of the lesser clans commonly using grass types. They worship the mysterious sky serpent Rayquaza who swims through the clouds.

Green hues are a common hair color of an Emerald and longer hair is a staple of both sexes. Shorter hair is not unseen however and there are darker hair ranges among the draconids.

An Emerald is a master of their emotions and they have a peaceful reputation, but there are extremists of their kind that prefer a silent but deadly approach instead of parading around.

Unlike the Sapphire and Ruby clans, their religious ceremonies are strictly private. Their rituals are conducted deep in the forests at unpredictable times of day or night.

There are two types of Emeralds, those who protect nature and help to restore wildlife habitat or those that are unhealthily obsessed with the starry sky.

Many Emeralds believe that the star systems can predict the future. They use these predictions to help prevent any catastrophic events and place their faith in Rayquaza to safeguard the world.

Rayden of Fallarbor leads the Emerald Crusaders in their campaign to end the divide between Ruby and Sapphire and to unlock the region's mysteries.

*Face claim*
Name
Affiliation
Personality
Backstory
Pokémon

Last edited:
Can I have Hisuian Zorua please? I'm going for ghost types and my character is going to wear his mask so I really want him for a partner

Also I have a few images for some artwork you might like

Last edited:
I'm probably going to end up drawing my face claim, but I'll try to have my sheet done asap

Can I have Hisuian Zorua please? I'm going for ghost types and my character is going to wear his mask so I really want him for a partner

Usually the rule is for the primary types to be prioritized to the type selector, but I will make it an exception since you are designing a character inspired by the Pokémon :) im happy to see the pieces!

I'm probably going to end up drawing my face claim, but I'll try to have my sheet done asap
Sounds good! I'm looking forward to seeing these characters ^^

Usually the rule is for the primary types to be prioritized to the type selector, but I will make it an exception since you are designing a character inspired by the Pokémon :) im happy to see the pieces!

Thank you! I am really excited to get started!

Reactions: True North

Thank you! I am really excited to get started!
same! :D

If you'll have me I'd love to join in too

I'll need to think up what I'm playing though. Might do something sandshrew/sandslash related. Will there be weaponry or just pokemon used to settle conflicts?

Would you accept one person having two characters?

I'll need to think up what I'm playing though. Might do something sandshrew/sandslash related. Will there be weaponry or just pokemon used to settle conflicts?
you're free to join (:
im not too sure about weaponry

I prefer for there to be one character per player, I may consider more later on down the line!

Okay! I was just curious if a swords master or archer would be a thing. No real concern if not. And obviously I would still be using pokemon with them

you're free to join (:
im not too sure about weaponry

I prefer for there to be one character per player, I may consider more later on down the line!

Okay! I'll stick to the one for now

We have new info in the OOC (:
Thank you guys for your patience!

I'm fine waiting.

A new region paragraph and visual have been added along with the Emerald clan and region phenomenon (:
I haven't found a visual for Lilycove that I'm satisfied with >;[ but now you can expect my character in the next update!

You still doing this, and if so, are you accepting any additional players?

Uhm, bit of a weird question if the answer to both of those is yes. Would it be too awkward for a player to play a Pokémon?

I can tell the idea is to be the trainer and control the Pokémon for battles and all, but I am definitely interested in exploring the relationship between trainer and Pokémon from the opposite end of the spectrum, as well as the interesting idea of Pokémon existing in the world more as equals and not glorified dog fighters. If that makes sense.

It's fine if not, just thought I would ask.

Reactions: Xenotrix Metamorph
The latter. I think it would be more interesting to explore the character from it's own perspective and not humanize as much. I would definitely need go coordinate with the trainer's player, though. Could be an interesting challenge too, so if people are still interested I'm happy to give it a shot. ^_^

Still interested

Yea I guess.