Pokemon: Legendary Ties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at least my map shows everyone where what region is located xD

@Cresion Breezes

yes everyone will be Champion level and we will be going by game standards. All Pokemon (by game terms) would be the equivalent of lvl 100 and can have any move (but ovvi it has to be learned naturally, TM/HM, or by breeding) but no more than 4 moves.

I'll take whatever's left

Last edited by a moderator:
So one from Hoenn cannot have a Froslass or Gallade. One from Kanto cannot have a Sylveon.

Alright then.

OKAY

SO

We now have these people signed up:

Me
@Aka~Kitsune
@Nocturnia
@Vio
@Crow
@Cresion Breezes

If you have questions about anything else then feel free to say!

as of this moment all 6 slots have been filled. If anyone is to drop, I will ask the next who showed interest and so forth. I apologize if you didn't make it in, but it's how i had this set up.

To the rest of you, the Sing UP Thread up soon, and i will tag the five of you in it!

Hope to write beautifully with you~~!

So, here's my questions list. Sorry if it's so long.
Held items allowed?
In battle items? (Heal spamming is probably banned, I can tell)
X items? (Another thing to spam)
PP? (Something like Hyper beam can only be used so many times)
HMs?
EVs?
IVs? (If this happens everyone would just get 31 IVs...except if they want hidden power...)
Hidden powers? (Cresslia with hidden power fighting, okay I know that's not legal, but just something like that you can just pull out some super effective hidden power, would hidden power be allowed?)
Natures? (If everything was ModestAdamantTimidJolly and other competitive natures...)
Overwriting current moves with a TM?

If the characters are champions will their back stories be similar to the corresponding games's plots?
Friendship with Pokemon?
Affection with Pokemon? (The poke amie one.)

Edit: I deleted some stuff about anime physics, but these are pretty game mechanics.

Last edited:
@Cresion Breezes

Thanks for the questions~~

No held items. I feel as tho they would cause troubles and make the game a little more complicated

I suppose healing during battle is okay, but that's about it. and obviously no spamming. I'll put a limit on healing items after i think about it. No X items. At lvl 100 they aren't really needed

PP is there, but it also isn't. As long as you don't spam super moves and use a healthy balance of the other moves too, i wont need to put a limit.

No EV/IV/Hidden Power (trying to keep this as simple as possible)

HMs aren't needed. If a pokemon can fly it can fly. If it can swim it can swim. If it's strong enough to push/break boulders it can. Etc.

No natures, and abilities that make no sense are irrelevant same with moves that make no sense.

The backstories CAN be similar to the game's plots but it is by NO means required

Friendship/Affection with Pokemon is a given since they've been with you through your entire journey

Don't worry backpacks will have game physics (so yes xD)

Yeah backpacks! *Shoves three fishing rods, bike, 300 diffrent pokeballs, 100 TMs, evolution stones, and 50 lemonade into backpack*

Also you said Sinnoh, Kalos and anther region is claimed, what's the last region? (I have a fifth gen team made already and will need to change it if it doesn't work because someone claimed the region already.)

Also, what good will status boosting moves do (Calm Mind, Swords Dance etc)? Or should they just be avoided.

Okay I suppose I should have explained that. I'll post that up in the Sign UP (Which i should have tagged you in)

Also yes, the stat boost moves should be avoided please

What about non status moves that are not attacking moves? Safeguard, light screen, protect ect. (Thinking about giving Chandelure infiltrator)
No one's going these, I can tell, I want to though.

Should healing moves like recover or roost be avoided too? (If I don't get roost then I'll need to replace the Archeops, Defeatist is totally going to screw me over at some point.)

Last edited:
I suppose those would be acceptable. Tho I'll be trusting you not to go too crazy with them

Protect's going to have a 50 percent chance to fail if you keep on using it,(so no one really spams it) I'm just not sure how other players are going to react about safeguard or reflect.

There is heal clause for actual competitive battles that states you can't restore the PP of a healing move, so I'll limit my own healing moves to 1-3 or 4 per battle depending on length. Hope that's okay.

Now, status conditions like poison, burn and paralysis, are they going to work or should they be avoided?
(Sorry for all the questions, I'm playing a bit too much competitive recently xd)

In anime physics Double Team is nearly OP, is there going to be something about that?

Last edited:
Don't worry about all the questions!!

That's fine!

Status conditions should please be avoided so they don't have to be dealt with

NO DOUBLE TEAM

Thank you for bringing that up. Double Team is vv OP and unecessary

Okay guys this is going to be our center for OOC chat (starting here) so feel free to plan/talk/whatever with each other!

Umm...so I'm here with more questions, I had these while I was team building, and isn't really sure about what to do with some of them, better ask them now before the RP starts.

Is type effectiveness still there?
Are abilities going to be relevent at one point or another?
Do moves' extra effects such as stat drops/rises still a thing?
Do moves like hyper beam still require a one turn recharge?
Is accuracy of moves still a thing?
Base powers of moves?
Is base stat still a thing?

I have a anime mechanics team and a games mechanics team, just trying to find out which one I should be leaning towards.

Well, as I said that all battles will be predetermined. So therefore all of this stuff will in some way be incorporated, in some way. Battles will be worked out between the two battlers and myself so it really doesn't matter which team you go with :)

I knew the battles were going to be predetermined, just wanted to have most fun with it though XD. It'll be really cool if something that could actrally happen (or happened already) in games could be reenacted in a RP, I always wanted to RP out some of the things I did in Wifi battles regardless of wins or losts.
One miss of a move or activated ability could turn the tides of a battle, it'll be fun to plan and play with them even if the results are already determined.

Last edited:
yeah! All of that will be fleshed out! These will be very detailed battles, even if they're predetermined!

Status
Not open for further replies.