Playground Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tetherball always works on a winner stays and loser walks rule, no matter how many games the winner ends up playing in a row, and it carries over to the next day but not over a weekend.
Replace Tetherball with any sport and I remember this one...
It basically set up a sport recess monopoly for the more athletic kids.

I have some rules :3 :

1.) First one to say: "I didn't fart!" was the one that actually farted.
2.) Fight your enemies as hard as you can. But when crying starts to happen, say "I'm sorry!" to shut your enemy up before your Mom comes.
3.) When in playtime, be independent so that your friends think your a badass. At home, scream for your Mommy everytime you want something.
4.) Boys who join Girl games are automatically labeled as "Gay"
5.) Seeing someone staring at a Boy/Girl for a prolonged time automatically has a crush on him/her.
6.) When your Mom's not watching, do whatever the fuck you want, but if your Mom's watching, be the most behaved angel ever.

Being able to swing the entire monkey bars made you cool also, and you were a complete badass if you could do it by swinging every other bar. (Maybe this was just my playground)

Reactions: Minibit
Being able to swing the entire monkey bars made you cool also, and you were a complete badass if you could do it by swinging every other bar. (Maybe this was just my playground)
No, this was every playground. :P

If you could climb on top of the monkey bars, you were treated like a god. I was a god until I broke my arm ; - ;

"The chinese bud" - a friend cuts in front of you, then you cut in front of them. Classic NIMBY.

My group of friend's rules were...different.

1) In order to be part of our group, you had to make it through the various amount of tests that I now, as am adult, see were incredibly dangerous. How the fuck did anybody survive around us?

2) Adults weren't to know about 'The Place' (which was nothing more than a beaten up old abandoned barn that was falling apart)

3) Snitches got stitches (or had mud thrown at them from all sides on the way home)

4) Whoever could hit that frozen squirrel on the wire won choice of ice cream (the squirrel turned into rock chucking, I hit a window once. That was a fun run home)

5) Baths were lame, the dirtier you were the more hardcore you were. It was a contest

6) When playing cops and robbers, the robbers upon getting caught must yell 'Charlie' lest they get an ear cleaning by wet willy

7) Bikes are horses, if your bike breaks (tire deflates) you shoot it with a nerf gun. We were all sorts of fucked up I know.

8) Everyone was a cowboy/girl/other outlaw.

9) I was their Bandit King

10) If you have a cold or couldn't come out, we play apocalypse, and that you are secretly the first infected.

11) Fuck the Red Power ranger

12) If it isn't a T-Rex, it ain't shit.

13) Liars are given toilet bowl treatments and become zombies

14) Never split up (most of these morons are either dead or gone somewhere, we were kids when we made this shit up)

Any of you guys play handball? Or foursquare?

Some of the rules or "special moves" in those games are so garbage.

Rainbows, Black Magic, Setups... ugh.

1) The kids that hung out at the top of the slide were like the kings and queens for the period and no one fucked with them

2) The person leading the stampede around the track was the coolest bro of bros

3) Sharing candy under the wooden jungle gym was like a super secret drug trade and no one talked about it.

• Love
Any of you guys play handball? Or foursquare?

Some of the rules or "special moves" in those games are so garbage.

Rainbows, Black Magic, Setups... ugh.
That shit turned into a metagame on my elementary school playground for foursquare. The only legit rule that was concrete was that whoever lost a round was out, anyone who was in a lower number square was out, and a new person got to come in on the #4 spot. Other than that, on my playground we had it so whoever was in the #1 square was basically the rules baron and could declare whatever rules they wanted for each round. Sometimes it was normal except everyone got 2 or 3 "lives," other times it was stupid crap like everyone has to spin around once after each time they hit the ball or everyone plays eyes closed or free for all "special moves" which meant that everyone was basically volleyball spiking the ball at each other. It was ridiculous, but good times.

That shit turned into a metagame on my elementary school playground for foursquare. The only legit rule that was concrete was that whoever lost a round was out, anyone who was in a lower number square was out, and a new person got to come in on the #4 spot. Other than that, on my playground we had it so whoever was in the #1 square was basically the rules baron and could declare whatever rules they wanted for each round. Sometimes it was normal except everyone got 2 or 3 "lives," other times it was stupid crap like everyone has to spin around once after each time they hit the ball or everyone plays eyes closed or free for all "special moves" which meant that everyone was basically volleyball spiking the ball at each other. It was ridiculous, but good times.
Sounds just like my schools four square.

Status
Not open for further replies.