Playground Rules

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minibit

Returned from the Void
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
Y'know, like "Finders keepers losers weepers"
"You can't hit someone wearing glasses"
"It's okay to hit someone in glasses if they hit you two times first"
And if someone says the floor is lava, then the floor is fucking lava >=(

et cetera

anybody else have any playground laws they'd like to add on? Ones you actually had as a kid, not shit you're making up =3=

1) All girls have cooties. If you touch a girl, you get cooties. If you contract cooties, you have to get a cootie shot.

2) If you went undefeated on the teather-ball court the day before, you get dibs the next day.

3) Never tell on your friends, always tell on your enemies (if it gets them in enough trouble to cost them recess)

I'll have to try and remember more, ish tired.

3) Never tell on your friends, always tell on your enemies (if it gets them in enough trouble to cost them recess)
Not technically playground, but still a kid rule
"Don't tell mom" is a sacred covenant. If you tell mom when you were told not to, you better have a damn good reason or you're just a big fat tattle tale with no friends >=(

Step on a crack, break your mother's back. (My friend didn't like her mother, so she'd jump on every crack she found.)

The first person you tagged was the person you liked.

If you forgot what letter you had playing Horse, you automatically had the whole word and were out.

Never go near the creepy house behind the playground, no matter what. If your ball went in the yard, that shit is gone forever.

Boys are not allowed to play hopscotch or jump rope.

Never, ever let one person have a bat. (I won't give a name, but he was famous for letting it go and hitting the catcher with it whenever we played baseball.)

Reactions: Minibit
Not technically playground, but still a kid rule
"Don't tell mom" is a sacred covenant. If you tell mom when you were told not to, you better have a damn good reason or you're just a big fat tattle tale with no friends >=(
We had recess on a playground, this is totally a playground rule. It may not be a public playground rule, but it's still a playground rule.

We had recess on a playground, this is totally a playground rule. It may not be a public playground rule, but it's still a playground rule.
the 'not really a playground rule' was in reference to what I said, not your quote. Your quote is what reminded me of the 'don't tell mom' thing :P

"First is the worst" is the only one that I remember that hasn't already been stated here. Think the whole thing went something like...

Zero the hero, first the worst, second the best...

"First is the worst" is the only one that I remember that hasn't already been stated here. Think the whole thing went something like...

Zero the hero, first the worst, second the best...
Third a piece of turd! Or something

Jumping from the highest thing possible and not getting injured, made you cool. Or maybe that was just my playground...(Fucking broke my arm trying to be the coolest)

Third a piece of turd! Or something

Jumping from the highest thing possible and not getting injured, made you cool. Or maybe that was just my playground...(Fucking broke my arm trying to be the coolest)
nope, it was mine too. Actually on mine just getting to the top of the highest thing and sitting there made you cool. Jumping made you a badass.

Fusing three of these:

GiantSoldierofStone-YSYR-EN-C-1E.png

Made one of these:

SandStoneLOB-NA-C-1E.jpg

Everyone did it.
Despite just one of the Stone Giants being clearly better than Sand Stone.

Fusing three of these:

GiantSoldierofStone-YSYR-EN-C-1E.png

Made one of these:

SandStoneLOB-NA-C-1E.jpg

Everyone did it.
Despite just one of the Stone Giants being clearly better than Sand Stone.
Playground rules, not game rules :/ I'm looking for the arbitrary laws kids come up with

Playground rules, not game rules :/ I'm looking for the arbitrary laws kids come up with
But it was a playground rule, because Yu-Gi-Oh didn't support it at all.
It's just something that some kid said some day and everyone believed it.

But it was a playground rule, because Yu-Gi-Oh didn't support it at all.
It's just something that some kid said some day and everyone believed it.
I see. My bad

The Hero with the biggest sword is the bestest!

Inserting 'dynamite' into a game of rock paper scissors ends the game, nobody winds, and nobody is allowed to be nice to the perpetrator for the rest of the play time.

Rock Paper Scissors now also get's 'bomb'.

Bomb blows up rock
Bomb is put out by scissors
Bomb is equal to paper

Bomb is essentially a flashier paper.

Once some turd thought they were clever and inserted a bomb or whatever into a game of rock paper scissors, this immediately initiated a freestyle version where anything goes and the winner qad whoever argued their victory the best.

Tetherball always works on a winner stays and loser walks rule, no matter how many games the winner ends up playing in a row, and it carries over to the next day but not over a weekend.

When playing Red Rover guys weren't allowed to try to break through the line between two girls, but girls could do whatever they wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.