Phobias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bridges. i wish I was joking, but if you were to tell me to cross a long bridge, I would likely ask how you'd like to die. Crossing bridges for me is fucking brutal, I just cannot handle it. I want to walk in the middle of the bridge at all times, I have a irrational fear that I am going to fall of the bridge.
To be fair, there's always the risk of trolls under bridges. Can't be too careful.

Heights does it for me, I just go really light headed and stuff. it's probably my worst phobia, but even then I can manage it really well. it's if we are talking the "you fall, you die" kinds of heights.
I wouldn't say that's a phobia as much as a pretty standard thing to be afraid of. Everything past 70 feet is pretty much where fear of heights kicks in for people on average, and it's a pretty rational thing to be afraid of because it's widely understood to be dangerous.

Heights, water, something comparable to stage fright, and this milder case of agoraphobia.

Heights is basically anything above ten feet, or any kind of suspended or hanging structure. Tall buildings and some rides at amusement parks are a complete no-go. This also includes bridges, since they combine my fear of both water and heights.

Water goes for anything that isn't a pool, bathtub or a stretch of beach with clear water and absolutely no currents of any kind. If the water is murky, if it has currents or if I can't reach the bottom and have my head above water, it's an instant panic attack. It's sort of ironic since I loved swimming in the ocean and going fishing when I was wee. Now I can't even step onto a boat without freaking out.

The agoraphobia speaks for itself. While I'm working on that one, I'm still very much aware that certain situations will undoubtedly trigger a panic attack, and I wouldn't be able to stay in control. My brain literally just shuts down for days after that, and I wouldn't be able to put myself in a place where I can recover some of my sanity. Plus, they render me extremely helpless, so anyone could do as they pleased with me and my stuff, and there would be nothing I could do about it.

Insects aren't really a phobia, they're just gross. The same goes for drunk and loud people. Angry or violent people, particularly other men, now that's a phobia.

I fucking hate clowns. If they even get near me I just try to walk away.

I mean, I can tolerate them and all, and seeing them in some scary movie won't do anything to me, but in real life, they freak me out.

Um... Also, the deep deep ocean; no land anywhere in sight, and so dark you can't see below your feet.

I wouldn't call this a phobia, but another huge fear of mine is me becoming a horrible father.

So yeah. There's that.

• Love
Reactions: Minibit
I fucking hate clowns. If they even get near me I just try to walk away.

I mean, I can tolerate them and all, and seeing them in some scary movie won't do anything to me, but in real life, they freak me out.
I am absolutely terrified of clowns.. i don't care where or how i see them. i can't handle it. My best friend thought it would be funny to take me to Busch Gardens during their halloween thing and make sure that he let all the clown know i was afraid.. until i curled up in a ball on the ground and started crying when three of them surrounded me.
i don't know why i'm afraid of them.. my mom told me that i have always been afraid of them.

I'm also terrified of elevators and small spaces in general. i can't even go into the pantry in my house because i'm scared.. if i have to go in i run in real quick and get out as fast as i can.
I think this fear cam from an ex bf i had that used to shut me in a small dark closet.. both for fun and if i made him mad. I got over my fear of things in the dark but i think the fear of small spaces took it's place.

Relevant!

This might explain why so many people are afraid of clowns.

Edit: I put it in a spoiler tag because the thumbnail's kind of iffy and I don't want to startle anyone just scrolling through.

Deep water and being in crowds.

I don't know why some folks fear clowns but I completely get where they're seen as just creepy as hell.

I punched a clown once.

Status
Not open for further replies.