Pet Names

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Do you like Pet names?

• Of course!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I'm indifferent.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I wouldn't know.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I thought this thread had to do with animals.

Votes: 11 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I call my sweetie "Puddin," more often than not I do it in a Harley voice.

Reactions: Razilin
Let's see...names that I've used include: Hon, Darling, Dear and Sweetheart. There are more but they are usually derived from the person's name.

I've been called: Baby, Daddy and Love. Still not sure how I feel about Daddy...

Reactions: Ashi
I am okay with pet names! I don't go out of my way to use them or give them.

Gibs calls me "boo" because we watched that show "Girlfriends" all the time when he'd get home from work.O_O

Pet names... I only like them when they're coming from my SO, my biological parents, and of course my siblings. And probably, I'll enjoy the ones my son comes up with. Other than that, everyone else shouldn't use pet names on me. Dun like them unless we're super, super, super close. I give them only for those who I wouldn't mind giving me one.

A favorite is when I call Peter by the name of Leo, and he calls me Pisces. Our zodiacs, but also he looked like a lion with his long hair when I called him the name. And Pisces references Let's Go to Prison, a movie we love to watch. And I'm fond of being called Empress, because Sith.

Our other pet names are adorable as fuck and nobody's business. >>;

Oh, and the weirdest pet name of mine: Prudence. My brother came up with it for reasons I wish I could explain. But damn I cracked up the day he announced I shall be known as Prudence.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashi
Hmm. I'm okay with petnames, to an extent. I'm really picky about how people shorten my actual name, and I have no qualms telling people not to ever call me something again.

My best friend and I have several petnames for each other, each one more absurd than the last. And my family calls me by a nickname/petname as well. My SO and I have the typical "babe", "love", etc.

I can't really say I've ever gotten a pet name from a significant other mostly out of lack of experience with having significant others in the first place BUT LIKE it's something my friends and I do for each other all the time. Unfortunately I can't really think of any at the moment, unless my RL friends calling me "Kaga" counts.

Oh, but Henry and I sort of have an inside joke where we call each other "Sweet Prince" sometimes. I... guess that counts?

At any rate, I find the overall concept kind of cute and fun. So yeah.

Reactions: Razilin and Gonzo
Hmmm. Pet Names from my friends (the ones from relationships are the simple. Dear, Hon, Babe, etc.) Names from Friends!-

Jon Snow (My name is John, and I own quite a bit of Stark shirts, maybe even a banner >.>)
Chief (I have nerdy friends and my name is John, name of the Master Chief in Halo)
Toots McGee(I had a serious gas problem in Middle-School. To the point that Teachers gave me detention... xD)

That is all I can think of at the moment. I'm hardly called by nick names, so.

Oh, but Henry and I sort of have an inside joke where we call each other "Sweet Prince" sometimes. I... guess that counts?
How did that one happen? :P

I can't really say I've ever gotten a pet name from a significant other mostly out of lack of experience with having significant others in the first place BUT LIKE it's something my friends and I do for each other all the time. Unfortunately I can't really think of any at the moment, unless my RL friends calling me "Kaga" counts.

At any rate, I find the overall concept kind of cute and fun. So yeah.
OMG that's adorable. I ship Kaga x Henry-chan!

Hmmm. Pet Names from my friends (the ones from relationships are the simple. Dear, Hon, Babe, etc.) Names from Friends!-

Jon Snow (My name is John, and I own quite a bit of Stark shirts, maybe even a banner >.>)
Chief (I have nerdy friends and my name is John, name of the Master Chief in Halo)
Toots McGee(I had a serious gas problem in Middle-School. To the point that Teachers gave me detention... xD)

That is all I can think of at the moment. I'm hardly called by nick names, so.
...Does that mean you know nothing?

XD

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
anigif_original-18178-1395051786-8.gif

How did that one happen? :P

It started a long time ago last semester when I was so tired I'd reached the point of being kind of loopy, and she said she was going to bed, and for some reason that inspired me to quote Shakespeare and say, "Goodnight, Sweet Prince, may flights of angels sing thee to thy sleep..." and of course she replied with "What?" and I just burst out laughing because I had no idea why I said that, either. XD So then a while later she started saying "Goodnight, Sweet Prince" to me, and now we have a tendency to call each other that in really any context. XD

Oh right. My friend call me "Knogen" it essentially means "Knuckle" after I broke my knuckle in a fight.

It depends on the name really. My mum has a ridiculous number of them that she calls me, most being some odd variation of my name which I will not disclose. The prominent one seems to be "Miss" or "Miss (and my name (or some variation of it))." I guess if nicknames count, then my friends all call me Eva and I call them some variation of their names. I often call my bestie "Doll." As well as "Darlin'," "Babe," "Sweets," or "Love." In a sisterly way. =3

Reactions: Razilin
My man and I call each other "Baby" and I call him "Sir" at times.

Another we always use is "Butt Head."

Name I hate? Hun. Don't ever call me that. Being from the South, I hear women say that a lot, but it's often not meant to be enduring. It's just like "Bless your heart". >.>

Reactions: Gonzo
Never been in a relationship.
Teen Romance is overrated.

Ask again in a few years+.

Reactions: Gonzo
It started a long time ago last semester when I was so tired I'd reached the point of being kind of loopy, and she said she was going to bed, and for some reason that inspired me to quote Shakespeare and say, "Goodnight, Sweet Prince, may flights of angels sing thee to thy sleep..." and of course she replied with "What?" and I just burst out laughing because I had no idea why I said that, either. XD So then a while later she started saying "Goodnight, Sweet Prince" to me, and now we have a tendency to call each other that in really any context. XD
So Moe! :3

I ship Kaga X Henry

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Status
Not open for further replies.