Perspective Shifts

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Covering her tracks did indeed slow Joe down a bit, but she was still quick enough to stay out of his range and eventually had him in her sights, from her hiding point downwind from him. They were close to a small pond, with a trickle of water running into it from between rocks. She watched his moves and didn't want to drag this out too long... still, patience was key.

Plus there was a rabbit that she had found and it was still oblivious of her, so perhaps it could be a good snack later. For now this activity was working up a good appetite, more so because none of them have had breakfast yet. It would be fun to wait for him to get closer to the pond... she could pounce him and maybe get him to fall in.
She had to stop her tail from wagging at this idea.

If he did get to that spot, she would pounce him... and if not, she'd still pounce him but then run out into the open. It was rewarding to know you could be very stealthy, but sometimes, it was also fun actually getting caught.
Okay, here we go... Joe thought, and quickly jumped for the 'kill'.

Faolan chuckled at the mention of dog biscuits, "Oh yes, they're a favoutire to any werewolf, no matter how much any protest... well, I suppose if the Boris has been there a while and it works for him then he must be happy. In the end that's what counts, isn't it."

Her answer intrigued him, "Oh! Well that is right kind of ye, lass. I do hope ye'll be well blessed with yer career, it sounds like you earn it te say the least." he smiled. He didn't want to pry too much into Rita's past as he didn't know her that well, though he felt that he needed to show his gratitude, "I want te thank ye fer helping my Joenie... and, sorry if I put ye in an awkward position. We only had lads so I never really learned to, well have talks on certain subjects." he admitted shyly.

Matt was beginning to think he had well and truly lost Joe. There was a noise ahead of him, but he was pretty sure it was running water and not a running werewolf. Still, he moved closer to the sound. It turned out to be a little pond and when he caught sight of it he stopped for a moment, smiling to himself. Sure, he might have lost Joe, but he was apparently getting quite good at finding running water in a forest. That was a survival skill right there.
A flash of memory streaked through his head then, of the last stream in a forest he had stood near, and of lowering her lifeless body into a hole in the ground. He grimaced involuntarily at the recollection. That was the past, and he would just have to move on from it.

He moved on from where he'd been standing and passed between trees, going closer to the little pond and its stream. Something about the scene wouldn't let him pass it by and he remembered that along with the biscuits, he also had the drawing she'd done in his jacket pocket. Sure, it might get damaged by being carried around so much, but he'd taken it out once and immediately felt it was something he wanted to keep with him. Suddenly, he had an overwhelming feeling that she was close by.

He spun round, scanning the trees, and had just caught sight of what he thought was her outline when it suddenly jumped up and leapt for him. He began to say "Gotcha!", but the end of the word tailed off into a yell as she barrelled him over backwards and into the water. She was heavy, and it took him a moment to wriggle free so that he could surface, spluttering. "Joe! These are my only clothes..." It was obvious from his tone that he wasn't really annoyed, and he splashed water at her. They were both soaking, his shirt was sticking to him and his hair was plastered to his head, and her fur was completely sodden. He laughed at her appearance. "I think you came off worse..."

-----------

Rita flushed slightly and her reply was in a small voice, "It's not as though I do much... I'd like to be able to figure it all out, how werewolves and vampires work, so that nobody should have to live as something they don't want to be. But I just hand out pills and take temperatures mostly.

To Faolan's comment about Joe she was less bashful and looked at him as she said, "It was nothing, really. We didn't even talk about girl stuff. She wanted to show me some of what was in her head, so I bit her. Then we talked about it. That was all." She wondered if she ought to have tried to say something helpful about hormones and the like, but in all honesty, she wouldn't have known where to begin.

Joe was very pleased at herself that the plan had worked, even though she too got wet. His face had been priceless! She jumped about in the water in response to him splashing her, playfully biting at the water attack. At the mention of that being his only clothes she snorted and pawed at the water to splash it some. Clothes got dry, didn't it? Also it was morning so there was the whole day for them to get dry...

She gave him a Look as she tilted her head and grunted bluntly... then her tail started wagging as a smirk and she put all her body into shaking her hair dry... all over him. When she was done, she sat promptly in the shallow water, looking very much pleased with herself. Her mouth even looked like it was smugly smiling, as if she said, "You were saying?"

-----

"Ah, no don't make it sound so small a deal... who else do you know would willingly do that knowing what species they dealt with?" he asked "Certainly not many."
The old wolf still looked grateful, despite no girl talk, or maybe because of no girl talk... it meant that he might not need it when Rita wasn't about. "Seems to have helped though, and they both can get a bit of a break." he said in a relaxed voice. "Goodness knows these last few days have been quite rough."

Matt looked down at his shirt, see-through and clinging to him, and for a brief moment he was very glad that Joe was in wolf form and not suffering a similar problem. Then an image related to that thought tried to form in his head, and he hurriedly shut it down. And then she shook the water out of her fur and completely drenched him, which made him conveniently forget about shirts.

He growled and as she sat down in the shallow water he made a jump for her, aiming to dunk her again or at least wrestle her to the ground if she made it out of the pond. If he was going to be wet, she was definitely going to end up wetter. A little part of him wondered whether Faolan would object to any of this, but it seemed that since she was a wolf very little could possibly happen. His wolf brain told him it didn't matter - wrestling was too fun to pass up.

-------

Rita smiled again at the compliment... True, it wasn't exactly a popular job, dealing with all manner of different patients, although they tried to keep wolves with a strong species prejudice away from the vampire nurses. "I think it sounds worse than it is," she said modestly.
"I've only seen what happened to them yesterday, although I noticed when he came in that he had... scars?" She gestured to her throat to indicate where she meant. That scar tissue had been very new, so she guessed he must have had yet another near-death experience recently. "Anyway, I've told Joe I'll have a look at his version of what happened in the hospital yesterday, if he'll let me. Let her know if I think he'd be a... threat to her."

Her eyes sparked up when she heard Matt's growl and she jumped up to almost dodge him. He got her good though, but she made sure to throw him off her and tumble over him. She was barking playfully as she did this and her tail was up and it was wagging on its own now.

"Ah yes, that..." Faolan said as he remembered. "Was quite a bad one, it was... we almost lost him." he frowned a little. "But... I think it's best if you ask him about it - you are the nurse after all, eh?" then there was a wink.

The playful barks and splashes were now being heard and the old wolf, after making out what they were, laughed jovially. Then returned to Rita, "Hm, well, that would be a might kind of ye, lass." he said, "I know he's a good lad... but I also have a parental responsibility to keep my girl safe." then with a sneaky look in his eyes, "Have to give them some grief too while I can, right?"

Matt sat up laughing at Joe's playfulness and water dripped off his nose. "Somebody doesn't want her biscuits," he remarked. He was glad to see her so obviously happy and so at ease with him, and he reached out a hand to scratch her head affectionately. "I'm glad you're not afraid of me." His tone was suddenly very serious and he gave her a level look as he continued, "I don't ever want you to be afraid of me, Joe. I won't hurt you again."

Rita nodded, although she wasn't sure if she would talk to Matt about whatever had happened to his throat that had almost killed him. How would she even bring up the subject? Besides, it wasn't her business and it wasn't important either. "He seems to have a lot of brushes with death," she said thoughtfully.
As to him being a good lad, she smiled, "I think as far as keeping Joe safe is concerned he'll be helping you out rather than causing you problems." She'd seen the way he'd held her in the hospital, the way he'd watched Rami constantly. That wasn't just male werewolf possessiveness; he had been making it quite clear that nobody was going to hurt her as long as he was around. She wondered if she ought to tell Faolan about Joe's fears, but decided against it, at least for now. Best to see what Matt's memories had to say before she made the old wolf even more protective. Besides, Joe had told her those things in confidence, and it wasn't fair to go around repeating them.

At the mention of no biscuits - the horror - she stopped and rowled at him sarcastically.

"I'm glad you're not afraid of me."
Her eyes turned serious, but soft to match his tone, as she accepted his gesture of affection. She also stepped closer to him as she held his gaze with a certain wonderment. The dream had made her very scared of him indeed, but the reasons were no longer so grounded. They had been silly, really.

"I don't ever want you to be afraid of me, Joe. I won't hurt you again."
Her ears tilted backwards ans she lowered her head. A little whine escaped her throat, and she moved in closer to press her neck into his by way of a hug. Her tail was low and moved slowly side to side. After a minute she pulled it back again and met his gaze. She wished she could get out of her wolf form, but it still wasn't budging from the controls. Oh well, plan B then. She gave him a little lick on his cheek, and booped their noses together, before turning around and running off towards the house again.

Her wolf part was pretty much enjoying itself and making sure to get the best out of this stuck position.

-----

Faolan agreed, "If you ask me it's a hidden skill... luckily surviving them seems to be another one." and he was glad of it. The way Joe had reacted to Matt's heart attack was a good example of what could happen to her if something did happen to him. It was something the old wolf didn't want to think about.

Again he agreed with Rita, "Would be a good idea to then get him to change into his wolf form. Should make protecting her a whole lot easier." he then saw Joe running off again and towards the house and she was still wet all over. His parental side kicked in again, "Though I think I'll have to keep a better eye on him." his voice was more serious. "Any idea how long the trinkets last?" he asked absentmindedly. His wife had one as well, but he never touched the subject since she had been touchy about it. He had no idea if the things needed replacing or anything.

It seemed she had forgiven him for the bite and was well and truly over her fear. Matt returned the neck-hug with his arms, but gently, not trying to hold onto her when she pulled away. Hugs were nice. She seemed to be stuck in her wolf form, and that meant she smelled a little of wet dog, but other than that he decided hugs were very nice indeed.

The lick surprised him and for a while after she'd run off, he just sat there, touching the place where it had been. It was still a little bit weird that the wolf was every bit as much Joe as the human form, and that meant that Joe had just licked his face. He tried not to think about how much weirder it would be if she did lick his face as a human and instead stood up and ran back towards the house. On the way he spotted Faolan and Rita, and waved to them. "She knocked me into the pond," he called, by way of explanation for his soaking clothes. Hopefully Faolan wouldn't mind, even though his shirt had gone see through.

Rita chuckled at Faolan's observation, surviving near death experiences did appear to be very much Matt's forte. "Hopefully at some point he can stop having these problems in the first place." After all, Joe had reacted badly to everything Rita had seen him suffer so far. Even if he kept surviving, that stress wasn't good for the girl and her hallucinations seemed to be triggered by it.

Matt getting his wolf form sorted would be an important step on that road, but Rita knew better than to try and push it. "His body will do that when it's good and ready," she remarked. Trying to make it sooner only made it more stressful and confusing when it happened. Just then he ran past after Joe, dropping wet, and she returned the wave. "I shouldn't worry about him. If he does push his luck, Joe will kick his butt into line." As to the trinkets, she had almost no experience, and she said so. "I really don't know... we generally don't have to worry about that since everyone we see is either about to stop needing one or most likely infertile to begin with. Vampire reproductive systems aren't up to much."

The appearance of Matt and his soaking wet state made his explanation more funny, and Faolan couldn't help but laugh. "At least ye seemed to get her back, aye?" he chuckled still.

At the house she entered through the back door and in the kitchen all the yummy smells were tingling her nose. They were much more intense to her wolf nose, and the chickens outside were very tempting. No going after them, though, so she let the kitchen smells distract her, rather.

"Hmm, I suppose, and as long as they're in the area they should be fine." he shrugged. "Can be sure of that, and I told him that I would too."
Rita's confession was probably to be expected... but if all else failed he could always go visit the lady and ask. Awkward as that discussion might be.

As the entered the house, Faolan asked if Rita would be joining them for breakfast. He'd already told her what blood he had available, but it was her choice. "-and you, lad? What do ye feel like? We have all sorts." They did indeed, a whole pantry and ice room full. Both were well seeled of course.
He knew Joe would like chicken, and in her wolf form it would be raw... and probably two of them. Most likely fresh as well, so he would go and get her some.

Matt laughed at Faolan's reply, but he thought he probably still had some way to go to get even with Joe for the pond incident. The opportunity was bound to arise sooner or later. He would just have to be on the lookout for it.

The kitchen's smells were indeed enticing, and he stood there wondering if it was time for breakfast yet. It didn't seem sensible to give his digestive system still more reasons to torture him, and his stomach was obviously unhappy at being ignored.

Rita and Faolan entered the kitchen then, and to Faolan's question she replied, "I think I ought to hang around a little longer…" She addressed Matt with her next words: "Joe has asked me to take a look at your memories from yesterday… in the hospital?" To her slight surprise, Matt went visibly paler at the suggestion, although he nodded almost immediately. She began to wonder if there was really something he didn't want seen, but reminded herself that he had bitten Joe and was probably just upset about it. Maybe he was even ashamed that he had wanted to bite her. All vampires wanted to bite. The trick was in not giving in to it.

He avoided her eyes and instead turned to Faolan. "Truth be told I haven't eaten in six years and I don't exactly know what I like… so I suppose whatever Joe would normally have?"

((You are welcome to assume that Addie has been invited over, maybe by Rita calling him as she suggested, and skip forward to him arriving!))

((Excellent idea!))

Breakfast had gone pretty well, and in the end Joe had had 3 chickens. Faolan figured it was because of the bloodloss the previous night, so he let her have them without complaint.

Rita had done as she was asked but suggested that she talk to Joe in private about it. Joe wasn't sure if this was good or bad news, but agreed. It would probably make things easier for Rita too.

Addie arrived about an hour after breakfast and was surprised to see Joe in wolf form. He didn't give it too much attention, he didn't think that Joe would like it. The atmosphere in the house told him via his nose that something had happened, and thought that maybe he could ask Matt later.

"So, ready to dive into the world of the wolf?" He asked Matt enthusiastically. He had suggested that they go outside and Joe would catch up a little later, while Addie did the 'introductions' to Matt's other half of his new life.

After breakfast, Rita led Joe back upstairs to her room where she was least likely to be disturbed, and gently closed the door. Then she went across and sat down in a chair, and waited for Joe to get comfortable. She didn't know how she was supposed to start this. "Well, he wanted you dead yesterday," she began uncertainly. That much had been very clear in his memories, but they had been overlaid with the guilt he'd felt since. "He feels horrible about it now, but it's true."

She was a little uncomfortable about how much of what she'd seen, or sensed, she was supposed to be sharing – Matt had told her to be as open as necessary, but given what Joe was actually afraid of, picking apart his feelings out loud felt wrong. He had shown her the kiss; she was pretty sure he hadn't meant to do that. "I can't tell you that he doesn't want anything physical with you…" not without lying, anyway, "But I can say that he's very worried about pushing you beyond your pace." She struggled to collect her thoughts and come to some sort of conclusion. "At the end of the day you're stronger than him and he's wary of his feelings for you. Give him clear boundaries, and you'll be fine."

----------------

Matt headed outside after Addie and glanced back at the house, a worried look on his face. Joe was talking to Rita about what had happened the day before, and he'd accidentally shown Rita his memories of the kiss. None of this was good news.

When he was sure they were out of earshot of Joe and Rita, he turned to Addie. "Yeah, about that. Wolf form can wait. I need to talk to you about girls." Faolan had been some help, but he figured if he really wanted to know how wolves handled this sort of thing, Addie would probably be the best person to ask. It was gradually dawning on him that in his limited time at DarkHeart he'd seen male wolves go for each other over some female they were both interested in. It was only a matter of time before those complications hit his relationship with Joe… and knowing she was in heat wasn't helping matters. Vampire duels over this sort of thing were very rare, but he knew the general principle was 'to the victor the spoils'. That wasn't something he had any intention of allowing to happen.

Joe sat listening to Rita, and paid careful attention to her words. Matt's attack on her the day before confirmed her thoughts about his still-lingering vampire instincts that had been present. She didn't hate him for it, and he did eventually pull himself together. Her calm demeneor reflected this.

The second part of Rita's explanation did get a slight reaction from Joe, and one of her ears tilted back for a moment. It was a minute or two before she responded though. When she did, it was a calm intake of air and then as she sighed she lay down with he ears perked up and she was looking at Rita. Her nose twitched with a mind of its own as she let the information settle in her mind.

This was all natural, she knew that... it was just something she never thought about. She never had to since no male would ever be interested in her, until now. As far as she had been concerned before, she'd end up a lone female. Then Matt showed up. It threw things off balance since she had developed feelings for him, but if he stayed a vampire then it wouldn't have mattered either. Now he was a werewolf. It surprised her how this changed everything, and how much. Sure, she knew of the new possibilities, but agan, she didn't really think about it. Somehow the word 'physical' had more meaning than getting 'physically' involved in a fight.

Then her eyes showed amusement and her tail bounced on the bed, "Give me an uneven fight and I can handle it. This?... this is daunting, and I have no experience in any of this." her eyes still held Rita's but they showed humour. "Any tips?"

-----

Addie saw that something was distracting Matt, and he was dying to know what it was. When Matt spoke thoug, it sent Addie choking.
"What?" he choked, and as he tried to clear his throat, his voice was croaking, "Girls? ... " he then looked at the house's direction and back at Matt, "Did I miss something?"

"Any tips?"
Sheesh. Nursing was beginning to feel an awful lot like being an agony aunt… not that Rita minded, and in fact she wanted to help Joe, but she really wasn't cut out for this. She pulled her ponytail over her shoulder and fiddled with it awkwardly, suddenly feeling like a schoolgirl. I'm sitting here talking to a wolf about boys. Things could hardly be less normal.

She glanced back at Joe and saw the humour in her eyes, and suddenly felt a lot less awkward. "Oh, what do I know?" She'd had a couple of boyfriends before, but never anything serious. Mostly they had broken down over her refusal to drink from humans, when it turned out the boy in question was just humouring her. One of them had even been human, but he'd tried to kiss her and she'd broken things off immediately.

"This isn't a fight… you're a team now." This probably wasn't going to be easy for someone like Joe to deal with; Rita got the feeling she was used to being very independent. "I'd say bear two things in mind. One: this is your choice. Nobody is making you do it. Two: that boy cares about you a lot, and I mean a lot. If you're not happy, talk to him. He'll listen." She remembered the feelings of guilt he'd felt over the bite the day before, and then the kiss was back in her head and she had to work to push it away. A little smile formed on her face from recalling the effect Joe could have on him… she was really something in his eyes.

---------------

Matt gave choking Addie a long, flat look, and then concluded that no offence was meant by this reaction. "Yeah, why not?" he said, and there was a slight tone to his voice that indicated that he did not relish having to talk about this, but… what the heck. He'd started it now, so he might as well see it through. "Apparently now I have a claim on Joe. She's accepted it and everything." He paused to let that news sink in. Honestly he wasn't even convinced he himself had got to grips with it yet, so it seemed a little unfair to just throw it at Addie and expect him to cope, but never mind. "I don't even know what that means." As he admitted that his shoulders seemed to drop slightly, and he looked up at Addie with a worried expression.

Joe noticed how awkward all this was making Rita felt, and almost thought about calling it off. They were different species after all and handled certain things differently, so was it even fair to ask her? The nurse seemed to relax though, thankfully.

A team... Joe's ears twitched at this. In a way it was very true. Almost like a pack, but much more.
Rita's words brought Joe a feeling of security, and she wagged her tail as she looked up at her. She decided to sit up and came a little closer to Rita, and offered her paw, "Thank you." she then said as clearly as she could. "I will keep what you said in mind... if you everr need a favourr, you can jusst assk." her tail still wagged a little by way of a small smile.

-----

Addie looked surprised at Matt's words, maybe even startled, "Really?" he asked, and then with an impressed voice he congratulated Matt, "Well done, mate! Well done..." and even gave him a slap on the back. "Oh don't worry, it's the same as you asking her to be your girlfriend, but with a werewolf flair... or something." he said animatedly. "Not entirely sure, but I know it's a good thing by way of relationships." he shrugged.

"Anything else?" he asked as he crossed his arms comfortably across his chest.

Rita gave a very small smile and inclined her head in reply to Joe's offer. She wasn't quite sure what to do with the paw, though, so she just took a gentle hold of it for a second. "You're very welcome. If there's anything else you need, just ask." She added as an afterthought, "If you ever want someone to talk to, for any reason, you have my number." A part of her hoped that they could be friends, and she wouldn't remain as just the nurse who had come to sort out Matt's heart problems. Sure, Joe didn't have many friends, but she seemed relatively trusting with Rita.

It seemed sensible to go back downstairs at this point, but she hesitated, waiting for Joe to make the first move. She didn't want to close this discussion off prematurely, and besides, Matt and Addie would probably have a good bit to talk about in the garden before they wanted Joe to join them.

-----

Matt nodded and looked down at his feet to avoid Addie's surprised look – sure, Joe was stubborn and tough and… ok, maybe it was surprising that he had managed to get her to agree to this. He allowed a small smile at Addie's congratulations. "Thanks… I can still hardly believe it myself." All of this was still very sudden and new to him, and he felt self-conscious about revealing it to Addie. But after all, he was a male werewolf now, so why shouldn't she choose him?

As for 'anything else'… well, "Am I going to have to fight off other males?" It was a blunt question but it cut to the heart of the issue in hand. He was just thankful that they were isolated and Faolan was in the house, which was probably the main reason that it hadn't started yet. He felt certain some challenge was coming – soon.

Joe's response to Rita was perkep up ears and her eyes seemed to light up. She had the idea that Rita was quite older than her, but then so was Addie, and when did age come between potential friends? Joe trusted Rita, that was certain. "You'rre a good frriend." she said.
Then looking towards the stairs and back at Rita, "We go see how they'rre doing?" and got off the bed to head downstairs.

Addie gave Matt an admiring smile, the guy had guts.
He had to think about the answer to Matt's question for a bit..."Well, chances are you might, if the challenger is persistent. Good thing though, is you two are on her grandfather's territory so he has a say too. Ultimately though, since you and Joe have a 'claim' on each other that means it's her choice in the end." after some more thinking, "Not that yours don't matter, of course." then scratched the back of his head, "... It gets complicated sometimes, especially if packs are involved and how high or low you and the challenger rank. Then there could be honour involved... If you two leave Faolan's territory and a challenger arrives then things can get nasty, but luckily you don't have to fight alone. Also a challenge doesn't always have to be a fight, it could be a show of bravery or skill too."

His eyebrows furrowed as he tried to remember if there was anything else, but nothing came up.

Rita's face lit up when Joe called her a friend, and it was nice that for once she didn't feel obligated to try to cover that reaction. Sure, the girl was a lot younger than her, but it wasn't as though they didn't get along. She smiled openly at her new friend. "Thank you." It really meant a lot, and thinking about it, she knew enough to return the compliment, "You too. For Matt especially."

She stood up at Joe's suggestion and headed for the stairs with a new spring in her step. Finally this nursing thing was going the way she'd hoped! … well, she had at least helped someone and they were still talking to her afterwards.

--------------

Matt paid careful attention to what Addie had to say and his expression showed that he was taking it seriously. The part about Faolan's territory was reassuring, but only in the short term – they couldn't stay here forever. He wasn't sure how he felt about all of this being her choice. A part of him was certain she would choose him, no matter who challenged. Another part though worried that she wouldn't, and then there was the little ever-present voice that whispered, She shouldn't, though. She's a wolf. She should choose the victor. He tried to silence the little voice, but it only curled up in its corner of his mind, feeling somewhat smug.

When Addie had finished he stood digesting everything, and scratched his chin thoughtfully. At length he said, "Well, me and Joe against the world… that's pretty much how it's always been." Their reasons for fighting to get a little peace might have changed, but the overall outcome probably hadn't. And he'd thought things would be easier with him as a wolf…

"Thanks." He looked Addie squarely in the eyes as he said this; he knew that he was young and new to all of this, and he appreciated having someone with experience on hand. With the same direct eye contact he added, "She's mine now. I should be ready to stand up for that."

"Oh yeah, I suppose it starts out like that for many new relationships... but I think you two should be okay." Addie said with assurance.

Addie returned his look with a friendly one, "You're welcome." he said as he tilted his head and he gave a little shrug.
"I would suggest you do, it really will mean a lot to her. Werewolves - and anyone, really - protect what's close to them."

Joe took her time to walk towards Matt and Addie, mostly to give them enough time to hear her and Rita approach. She had a happy walk, and stayed next to Rita. As they walked, Joe felt another uncomfortable throb below her stomach and stopped for a second, giving a small groan. This extra female stuff was going to take some getting used to. When it passed, she glanced at Rita apologetically, "Thiss suckss." she mumbled before continuing. She was really craving chocolate now.

Matt looked at Addie with some amusement in his eyes. "What you mean is, where I cannot walk, she will drag me kicking and screaming." Joe was the strong one in their relationship and in suggesting that he should fight for her, he was really only showing willing. There would be challenges he couldn't face, but she was no pushover. He would just have to count on her to continue choosing him, no matter how pathetic he became. People would laugh at her, but they'd probably pay for that.

He sensed movement inside the house and then heard Joe and Rita exit, so he turned to Addie and in a slightly louder-than-necessary tone said, "So I really have nooo idea how to begin with changing into wolf form…" It was a very obvious message: stop talking about this and act natural…

Rita paused at Joe's little groan and glanced down, mind already running through a list of possible diagnoses… oh. Ok, that wasn't exactly a mystery, except to girls like Rita. She tried not to grimace and agreed wholeheartedly, "I bet it does. Anything I can do?" Not that it was likely, but she may as well offer anyhow.

--------------

Sally sat at the café table and sipped her lemonade, trying to stay out of the sunlight. It was a bright morning and she burned so very easily... that, and she was meeting one of them, so it was always better to see before you were seen. If not for that fact, she might have chosen a table inside the café.

She didn't even know who she was here to meet, only that it was a werewolf, male, and that he perhaps had a vested interest in splitting Matt and Joe up for good. Sally didn't like to associate with werewolves, but in this particular case, she was sure she could make a small exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.