Pendragon Academy IC

Yuuto Minami
Yuuto listened as Rosalia vented her first-year concerns, mentioning the usual nervous habits that typically plagued first-time teachers. He could understand that, to a degree. The kitsune had been teaching since before typical classrooms had been established.
"You'll be fine, Carminio-sensei." He replied warmly. "It will take you all awhile to get used to each other, but once you do there's no reason not to ease up a little on the kids. After all, if you stay too strict for too long they'll rebel."
Yuuto knew that last comment from observation, as an older kitsune had experienced such a thing at the hands of his cousins. He chuckled when Rosalia mentioned that his class should be interesting enough simply based on the magic aspect of it.
"I appreciate that." He said. "But it's the history part that I'm more worried about. Sure, the mundane kids will probably be interested enough but what about the magical ones?"
The kitsune supposed that he'd be fine no matter what happened. Though, if a student fell asleep he wouldn't throw a book. A small flare of fire would probably suffice just enough.

OOC: Sorry for the wait @hecate!​

"I'm glad at least one person is confident in me," Rosalia let out a deep breath. "I'm sure once I get attached to the teenyboppers, I won't be so prone to snapping at 'em. Unless they do something incredibly stupid - but even then, it'd probably be more outta concern. I used to yell at my siblings all the time when they got hurt, at the same time I was patching them up." She resisted the urge to smile at the memory. Even her childhood seemed simpler than being an adult. And she understood what Yuuto was getting at. After all, history had been her second least favorite subject, before math. Even so, she had never given up on either of those classes, as it was her firm belief that if you don't give your best effort then you're wasting everyone's time. And, hey, if she'd been studying magic, she was sure she'd have been far more interested and entertained. She almost envied the students who would study it. "Hey, just 'cause they're more magical doesn't mean they won't be interested. There's a wide variety of magicks in the world. I doubt they'll know about all of them! And, really, they ought to show a little appreciation for their forefathers. I certainly had to." The woman practically huffed the last part. "Plus, you seem like someone who could make it fun, if you tried."

Gwen pulled up a spot on the couch. "Doesn't matter to me who sleeps with me. Just... stay away if you're afraid of the dark, alright?"

"I thought our dorms were assigned. We were supposed to send our things to them, after all…" Lorna observed. She set her box down and stretched out her arms. Man, it sure was difficult lugging it around the school - not that she would ever admit such a thing. Her stubborn side would never let her admit defeat, especially not at the hands of a box.

She decided to stay with Gwen. At this point, she wasn't sure if she'd be able to find Alexander, especially since he had taken off right after they got here. Lorna flopped onto the couch and plucked a flashlight from her box, fiddling with it. "I have no qualms with darkness," she replied, "since nighttime is one of the best times to explore. What sorts of past times do you partake in, Black?"

Alexander worked his way down to the coridor and tossed his bag in to the first empty dorm he found, Letting the scales fade from his skin and returning to his normal form. Grinning like a lunatic he stretched and tossed himself on the bed "Right, now everyone things I'm part dragon, time to go have some fun." He said and clambered out the window, shifting to a falcon he took to the skys before landing atop the school and unshifting, pulling a book out of his pocket he settled down to read. content that he was out of the way of everyone, admittedly he was clearly visible atop the school.

"Well, I'm a massive geek, so my nose is usually buried in a comic book. Barring that, I'm either cooking or practicing with my powers." Gwen closed her eyes, almost seeming to go into a trance. As she did so, her body didn't move, but the arm of her shadow reached out to grab the remote and turn on the TV. "And that's why I can't have a roomie who's afraid of the dark. Hope I didn't creep you out or anything."

"I can assure you, it takes more than a shadow to scare me." As long as it wasn't a cat, but Lorna certainly wasn't the kind to go talking about her fears. "I like to explore abandoned places in the dark of night. There are fewer distractions then. And I really like history, especially battles and antiques from different time periods. Oh, I can do morse code, too." She clicked the flashlight on and off in a series of dots and dashes, not spelling anything in particular, simply blinking out random letters for the fun of it. "Sea monsters are cool too - or really any tentacl-y monstrous thing, so Lovecraft is close to my heart. Mostly I stay away from technology if I can. Such things are far too distracting, I think." She shrugged her shoulders. "That's just me. You can tell me if I'm rambling, if it's a problem. Want to look around the rooms? Alexander seemed eager before, and I'm loath to stay in one place for too long."

"Tentacly things? I think I saw one in the library, but don't quote me. Anyway, I agree. We should see what exactly the rooms are like."

Gwen opened the door to one of the rooms and her jaw dropped. The rooms were obviously enchanted to fit fifteen feet of floor space in a six-foot area, and there was beautiful carpet in the school's trademark scarlet color. The beds were already made, and looked to be softer than a cloud. The whole thing was topped with a sliding glass door and a small balcony.

"Well, damn. I knew the place had some money, but I didn't expect this."