Past the Windows

• Thread starter Six Million Dollar Man
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I see." Anette said. She paused for a moment, what else were people suppose to say in conversations. Should she ask something else? Anette never had must of a social life, it seemed most never wanted to talk to her. In this case she was unsure of what to do. Trying to find a way to keep going, "I never been to any of the school's plays." She commented, not much but at least it was something.

"A shame," Julian admitted with a pout. It was understandable though being as most students in the school didn't take much interest in acting. "Are you a member of any clubs?" He thought for sure that such a talented singer would be in the school chorus, but he couldn't remember ever seeing her until today, which was strange. Surely Anette would have been in one of the popular groups. His brow furrowed in concentration, knowing that Elizabeth must have taken some of his memories away earlier. Darn it.

Anette shook her head. "No. Not in any clubs." She said abruptly. "Usually stay at home most of the time, working on my music. That is except for when I perform at my families restaurant." She gave him a smile small, the first one she had had all day. "My whole family is into music so it's the one that has that music theme on the corner called Midnight Magic." She wondered if anyone at the school actually knew of the place. When she was there she could never recognize any of the people. She thought for a moment. "Perhaps I will go to one of the drama show one day, now."

A sudden flurry of pictures and sounds -memories, although none of them belonged to him- flashed through his mind, directly streamlined as a courtesy from Elizabeth. It made his head hurt, but apparently she had been to the restaurant some time in the past and had seen Anette perform. Julian continued to act as if someone hadn't pierced his skull with a red hot, iron rod, and nodded thoughtfully. "I'll have to check it out. Myself." The memories hurriedly receded and he was able to return her smile with one of his own at her suggestion. "I would like that."

Len shook his head at the girl's response. Despite her tone of voice and the look on her face, he was very much insulted. After all: It wasn't everyday that a teenage lad found himself discovering a bunch of other even less important people in detention, hidden off in the rest of the building for all they knew. Adjusting his glasses once more and fixing up his hair, he ventured back past the bookshelves.

Needless to say, the football helmet and cheerleader outfit wasn't a particularly appealing sight when he was forced to take swings at what appeared to be a feral athlete who had likely been kicked off of the team for one reason or another. But what mattered now was that gracious amounts of violence were distributed to the odd jock before Len was pulverized.

Detention was a thing which demanded one fought for their life, it seemed. But anything seemed better than making small talk with the band of folk he left behind him, hoping they wouldn't attempt to follow him.

A swift slap to the face from the jock had knocked his glasses off. Like lightning, he pulled his hood up, gasping at the sight as he shoved his foot into the jock's stomach, and dived over to get his glasses back before grabbing a cart loaded with several pounds of 'Fifty Shades' books, and pushing it directly towards said jock.

With the jock incapacitated, the other hooligans hidden away would have been forewarned that one of the punished would not sit quietly.

He was going to make something of his time here.

Elizabeth watched Len as he once again remained silent before disappearing off to the unknown. Maybe it was her people skills, she reasoned. After all, people /were/ often telling her that she lacked them in some aspects. To which, she could never be sure. She watched after the receding shape that was his backside until he was too far gone to make out properly, trying to study his body language as he went. It was hard to translate at first, but suddenly she became enlightened with understanding. Most likely originating from her more developed people
skills. Clearly he wanted her to follow him.
Elizabeth spun around in circles until she found the ladder that she was trying to locate. Easily standing three times her current height and two feet in length, it reached the top shelf of the squatter bookshelves that ran in dizzying patterns throughout the library. In delight, she scurried up the ladder and with a small leap, was upon the shelf. She squat down low as she ran across it, arms out to the side in airplane style to assist her balance, feet lightly tapping on the wood as she went. Occasionally, she had to jump whenever meeting the end of her current 'runway', other times simply stepping over the gap that separated her from her destination.

Anette gave the male twin a nod. "When do you have a show, any time soon?" She asked. She said she would check it out, now she had to. It was one thing about Anette. She couldn't seem to lie to people, if she said she would do it she had too. Sometimes that got complicated.

(ooc: Sorry couldn't think of much to write at the moment. :P )

By the time Elizabeth had traversed the haunting shelves by finding a ladder used presumably by the other headcases the school building had to offer, the feral jock was dazed, and Len had shoved him to the ground, vigorously running his shin into the fellow's side until he had to stop to catch his breath, and sauntering off in a new direction to avoid any other attackers until he could pull together.

Julian beamed happily and gave Anette an enthusiastic nod of affirmation. "This weekend will be our premier of The Tempest. The girls of course, wanted to act out Romeo and Juliet but it was widely agreed that it had been done too often already." He looked down at a watch that was firmly attached to his wrist and silently sighed. If he hadn't been forced into detention today, then he would have been at the after school Drama Practice...

Elizabeth was lightly panting by the time she reached the dazed jock, having been reasonably slowed when the bookshelves had decided to protest against her using them inappropriately. They shook and tipped precariously from one side to the other until she jumped to the next one, which would soon follow suite in the attempts to make her fall. Their defiance was in vain, being that she only tripped once and it had been on her own feet.
Now she stood over the jock, about fifteen feet in the air by her reckoning, with Len having already come and gone. She tutted in disapproval, shrugged to herself and continued on.

Anette gave him a nod. "Alright then. I think I will go see it." She said to him and gave him a small smile. "My parents want me to do more than what I do now anyway. They would probably be happy if I go somewhere other than staying home of the restaurant." She paused for a moment. "I just could never find anywhere I wanted to go is all. But I guess I do now." She rested her elbow on the table and put her head into her hand, leaning a bit. She looked around for a moment, it seemed that the others had disappeared somewhere into the library. "The others are gone." She said, stating what she saw plainly.

It was just then that the jock's allies had come together. Three in all, a set of bizarrely dressed students had descended on the tables that Leonard had abandoned, as well as Elizabeth who had followed him. Chairs and desks were flipped over, including the one that Julian and Annette were seated upon as they embraced a berserker rage. One of was them seemingly screeching something about not being able to read, another seemingly humming the lyrics to some recent song that had been popular on the radio for no conceivable reason. These psychotics had known that one of their numbers had thinned out, and were none too pleased.

-

Len heard the madness from afar and decided he didn't want any part in it. One crazed student was enough for him, and frankly he wanted to get out of there with his life. He looked behind his shoulder, making sure he was ahead of Elizabeth, switching aisles a couple of times to positions in which she wouldn't be able to spot him due to their distance. Her only chance this way would have probably have been to move closer in to his general vicinity to better view him from a short distance between the two. He wanted to get himself lost, and fast before anyone found him.

As he passed through the valley of the romance novels, he took on a shiver. A book on the second to bottom shelf dropped with a light 'thud!' and had nearly scared the life out of him to think something was about to get him without his knowledge. It wasn't the visage of such things as the cheerleader outfit wearing nutcase of a beefhead he had maimed as much as it scarred him. But rather it was the fact that such hooligans were performing their satanic tomfoolery of wearing uniforms that were too small for them while attacking others for no rhyme or reason. Eventually he'd find a spot to sit down and rest peacefully, perhaps even create a fort out of bad literature.

Julian had been about to answer Anette's positive statement with one of his own, when a sudden flurry of yelling, screaming, humming and the crash of objects being flung into the air and landing heavily on the ground, silenced him. He leapt up from his seat in time before a large maniac in clothes much to small, ripped in out from under where he had just been sitting. Another lunatic was jumping from table to table, landing with a 'crack' each time he touched down, snapping the table down the center before going to the next one. Julian felt his heart race in panic at the scene and hurried over to Anette to make sure she was alright. Maniac, Lunatic and Psycho, which he would call the third one. It suited them well.

~~~

Elizabeth let out a deep sigh in frustration as Len rounded yet another corner that put him out of her sights line of vision. It was almost as if he were trying to get away from her. She almost laughed at the insanity of the idea. Another gap was coming up, this one was impossibly big as it was the gateway to another section of the library. She would need speed if she wanted to have even the slightest of chances of passing it. Sucking it a deep breath, she jumped, and would have made it if a ridiculously large book on maps hadn't come flying at her and knocked her to the ground with a yelp of pain. Groaning on the floor from tableunderneath the book's weight, she shoved the evil, pointless read off of her and managed to stand shakily, wincing when her left ankle took any of the pressure from her body. It was only expected from a jump of that height, or rather a fall. Looking up from her ankle brought her face to face with four incredibly tall girls that were wearing matching outfits that declared them a sorority of some kind. One of them had another book of maps cradled in her arm like a precious baby, grinning at her wide enough to show off her back molars like a carnivore.

The familiar sound of thunder; Books being chucked at a person's face, was once more occurring. But Len was unharmed. He felt his cheek momentarily, savoring the peace of mind he had right now, but had decided to run back and see what happened. Upon gaining some more distance, he would go to find a gangly bunch of female fighters-- "The Furies," he mentally nicknamed them to be. Elizabeth was in danger and everything seemed prime for him to go in and be her little prince charming, and save the day, right?

Well, not really since he didn't know her all that well. He couldn't be her knight in shining armor, but he could certainly dispense justice to a set of froot loops of the far loopier variety. Immediately seeking out a nearby ladder The Furies themselves had used, he quickly climbed up, and even went as far as to pick up the makeshift ladders and utilize them as makeshift bludgeoning weapons. The first swing had sent one of the furies onto the ground clutching their side, and the third one flying out amongst other shelves, retreating. He proceeded to jump over, and then lunge straight into the final Fury, smacking at her hands with part of the ladder used as a club, and proceeded to pin her down before shoving her precious book into her mouth, and proceeding to repeatedly karate chop it to make it go further and more violently.

After that was done, he looked over towards the girl and determined she was alright...

"You should get back to your brother." He advised. "This place isn't safe."

And with that, he ran off and dived into a pile of magazines off in the distance, escaping to lick his wounds and fight another few moments later.

Anette jumped out of her chair and crawled alone the floor suddenly as seeing the commotion come into sight. What even happened, she couldn't possibly figure out. One minute she was talking to someone she didn't mind talking to and the next people are throwing desks and chairs around. She watched at Julian rush over to her asking if she was okay. She looked up at him, still on the ground. "Yeah. I'm fine" She answered him. She was able to get away from the guys before she got hurt. "What is going on?" She then said to Julian.

Julian shook his head in immediate answer to the question, then offered his hand to help the girl up. "Maybe we were sucked into a parallel universe where only the most abstract and unbelievable situations are taken into account, and our simple conversational banter angered the Gods of this world." He winked and gave Anette a grin. "I have no idea, but we should probably get out of here. I think we've had enough books for today anyway."

~~~~~

Elizabeth watched the violent scene with a sense of self-conscious detachment. It seemed almost surreal when Len finished, warned her that she should leave and jumped into a pile of magazines. Maybe he was right though... She crawled half-way down one of the ladders and gave herself a hefty shove, sending her sliding across the shelves at high speeds, careful not to send herself towards a gap where she would need to detach the ladder if she wanted to continue.

Anette took the male twins hand a smile appearing on her face at his comedic comment. She got up with his help. "Thanks." She said looking at his hand in her for a moment. "Yeah, I guess we should get away before we actually end up apart of this."

He nodded in mutual agreement as if a deal had been made. "Ready to ditch detention?" as his only warning, he sped around the crazed jocks towards the library's main door, with an alarming display of speed. He pulled Anette alongside him, making sure he wouldn't hurt her arm and being careful that she didn't get caught up by one of the three athletes. He slowed to a stop outside the hallway in order to catch his breath, only to look up and see that running had, like wild dogs after a pair of innocent rabbits, only grabbed their unwanted attention, with two of them starting to chase after them with the third not far behind. Julian audibly groaned and started off again, still clutching Anette's hand in his.

Anette followed him, glancing back to see the group running after them. "This isn't going to work." She said to Julius. "They will just follow us. We need to hide somewhere and let them pass." She tried to look around for a spot. They needed to get around a corner then disappear. There was no way she would be able to out run these guys and not in the shoes she was wearing. She glances down at her hand in his then turned away from it as fact as she could and focused at the task at hand. "There." She said pointing out to a room near a corner. The group wouldn't be able to see that they went in there and pass them.

Julian followed where Anette's hand had gestured to and smiled at her with only a trace of apprehension. "Perfect," he agreed under his breath, steering them in the door's direction. The door was large for a school, while still giving off the scent that it was built to contain reckless teenagers as teachers forced pointless facts into their minds. It would do nicely, seeing as how most jocks picked up on that kind of thing and made sure to steer clear of it, and as Anette pointed out, it was well hidden at first glance.
His free hand reached out and twisted the knob, to no avail. It was locked. He twisted more forcefully with the same result. The pounding rise and fall of their pursuers' feet got louder and more distinct as they approached. Julian seemed to hesitate as an idea came to him, but for only a second before he reached into the front pocket of his dove gray hoodie and produced a set of keys with only four pieces on it, each one a different color.
He bit his lip sharply, shoved a bronze key into the slot, yanked it free, and t.e door was open. Not stopping to see what awaited them, he guided Anette in first, following in after her as he shut the door silently behind them.

Len eventually found a door into the hallway and had kicked his way out, accidentally taking down a teacher as he sprinted away. He spotted the three psychopaths charging as he himself moved slowly and carefully. He could have sworn he spotted Annette and Julian but there was no time to check on them while the three hooligans were still nearby. He watched them reach the end of the hall, choosing directions to take as the teacher from before snarled. Not turning to see said raging bull, he ducked into the nearest dark and empty classroom to hide out.

He watched through the small slit of glass of the doorway to see the teacher scrambling after Maniac, Lunatic and Psycho. Shortly afterwards things grew quiet again and he poked his head out to see if the coast was truly clear, and then turned away to lock the door and check the windows for a means of escape. "Damn." He thought to himself. "Locked, and it leads into a courtyard: No immediate exit."

He scurried out and tried to figure out which direction to go. The school itself was unnaturally large, and reminded him all too much of some kind of survival-horror video game. Or a beat'em-up game on extreme difficulty. Regardless all that mattered was to find a means to escape, and destroy anyone who dared to let him stay in this giant testament to today's american educational system and the things it would perpetuate.

Status
Not open for further replies.