Past the Windows

• Thread starter Six Million Dollar Man
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anette made a sigh of relief. "I'm sure they won't find us here." She said. The lights were off but the light coming from the windows was enough to see everything clearly. "Hey, how come you have those keys?" She looked at the set of keys in his hand that he had used to open the door. She could hear the three guys running past the classroom and getting caught by a teacher. "We should wait here for a few more minutes. I don't want the teacher to spot us either. We would get in even more trouble for ditching detention."

Julian looked around the classroom briefly, noting a billboard, desks that were lined up in pews in preparation for exams, barred windows and the distinct small of sweat and hormones, all of which were making him feel somewhat ill. He managed a mischievous smile at Anette's question though, thrusting the keys back into his pocket and zipping it up. Most hoodies didn't have zippers but he installed one in order to keep his belongings from falling out. "They're the reason my sister and I keep being sent to detention, and why the school keeps installing new locks every few weeks. Every time we try to get out of this place, or in, we're stopped by a locked door. Some of them they forget to change, so our keys still work."

~~~

Elizabeth gave another shove against the cases, sending her off again. She had tried a few times to navigate by ground level but it only got her more lost, being that she ended up where she had been by being above everything else. It only made sense that she find her way back the same way. However, when she reached the main area of the library near the entrance, it looked as he someone had released a herd of elephants and gorillas to destroy the place. Now she was going to be blamed and have to clean it up! She groaned and hung her head in exasperation. Unless... She looked back up sharply and surveyed the room for any sign of their supervisor's return. Or even the librarians' for that matter, but there was nothing. She could get out of here! With a squeal of delight, she hurried down the remaining rings of the ladder and hobbled slightly to the main door. In perfect timing to crash into a very angry teacher with three boys who were being pulled along by their ears. Elizabeth paled considerably as the teacher's face reddened with rage. "Elizabeth!" he roared, turning on the girl, pupils small with fury as he saw the state of their detention grounds. She let out a weak whimper, covering her hands over her mouth to keep from crying out, before dashing under the aged man's legs and hobbling as far as her ankle would allow her. Unable to go further, she reached into her own, matching gray hoodie and took out her half of keys. A shining silver one was then used to open the grate that led to the vent system, where she hurriedly crawled in and locked it behind her. A bang that hurt her ears was immediately followed as the teacher smashed something against the protective metal. "Young lady, you will get out of there this instant!" he screamed after her. "Devil Worshipper!" she yelled back in defiance, crawling deeper through the metal caves until she could no longer here the profanities that were being thrown at her backside.

Anette gave Julian a smile. "I get it." She looked around the room again. "We are going to be in much more trouble when teacher see what happened to the library. Even if it wasn't our fault. Teachers never understand." She sat down on the top of one of the desks. :I guess we are going to end up in more detention. Then we would be back where we started." She made a pause. "I don't really like having to stay at school but.." She looked over at him and gave him a small shy smile. "I'm glad we meant. Maybe..we could be friends. I don't really have any because people don't really talk to me like you did."

Status
Not open for further replies.