Part of the Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miyuki blushed at his words, looking down. "No, no. Nothing indecent." She said softly, looking at the ground as she took out her little swab and rolled up her sleeve gently, revealing the skin underneath. It was no surprise to her to see numerous scars covering her forearms, even to go as far as ones that ran up to her elbows. They where deep, and a few where crusted over, and some had ripped open. She let out a sigh as she rubbed the alcohol wipe over her damaged skin.

She let out a hiss of agony as the liquid seeped though her cuts, causing them to burn with fiery pain. 'Why do I have to do this?' She thought to herself, glaring at her cuts as she continued to clean the skin, spreading around a mixture of alcohol and blood. She could feel the bile rise in her throat again and she struggled to keep it down, swallowing hard as she glared at her skin for a long time, and then resuming the motion.

Leon looked at her as she began rolling up her sleeves to see the deep cuts and the long cuts. They were all different, but what hit him was how the thought had entered Miyuki's mind. Didn't it hurt? She seemed somewhat... panicked seeing the blood back on the street, but maybe it was different since she got to see Leon ripping into their bodies instead of a knife cutting into the flesh in a nice and clean way. "Doesn't it hurt...?" Leon asked as he felt like an idiot for asking if cutting herself hurt, of course it hurt. That was the entire point of cutting herself, that it would hurt. "Like... You don't need to tell me why you do it, but... how did you begin?" He asked as he decided to just change his question completely, it just felt too dumb to ask something like that to a stranger.

His green eyes scouted the injuries on her arm, as he let out a sigh of relief. "It does look untreated, but not infected. That's good," Leon said as he knew that sometimes it could just be a bit too dangerous leaving cuts open. Especially in his apartment, when was the last time he cleaned it anyway? "Um... I'm pretty sure this sounds really dumb, but... can you keep the fact that I went crazy back there... a secret? And where I live?" Leon asked as he knew there were plenty of people out there hunting him. If not the police than just normal hunters, there were plenty out there that would pay for Leon's head on a stick just due to his inner beast.

Miyuki sighed as he asked about her scars. She stopped moving the cotton ball across her arm and set it in her hands, staring down. It hurt to even think about how she had started, because it took her down memory lane, and for her, memory lane was full of drops, and tears and horrible things. It was not something she liked to visit during the presence of another human, or anyone. She took in a deep breath and let out a sigh, looking down. "I... uh.... Yeah, it hurts." She said to him, letting out a deep sigh. She ran her finger over the scars softly. "It started around 6 years ago." She said to him, saying nothing more.

She was feeling a bit better when he asked about something different than her scars. She looked up at him and smiled a little bit at him, a sad look about her face now. "I don't mind keeping it to myself." She said to him, her smile sad and sort of depressed. "I wouldn't want you to be discovered or, get taken away." She said to him, knowing that this boy would be her only friend in a long time.

The depressed smile on Miyuki's face stabbed through Leon's chest a bit as he sat a bit closer to her, and then just looked at her for a while. His green eyes penetrating her brown ones, before he reached out his hand gently and gave a few pets to her black hair. "I don't know what happened, and it's none of my business either, but... try not to smile like that it sort of... hurts," Leon said as his eyes traveled down to her wrist and then smiled to her. "It's okay. I don't really mind... I mean... I'm not really that different from you am I? The only difference is that you hurt yourself while I hurt others... we're both outcasts of society," Leon said as it was an attempt to make Miyuki a bit calmer and make her feel a bit safer.

It was getting rather late, as the sun was setting, and Leon laid down on the floor again. "You want to stay over tonight? You can take my bed in the bedroom, I prefer sleeping on the floor anyway," Leon said as he looked at Miyuki from where he was laying on the floor. He didn't want to force her to stay and if she wanted Leon to take her home, then he would. He just... he too wanted to have someone close. Someone he didn't need to hide from, just another beating heart inside his empty apartment.

Miyuki sucked in a breath as he stared at her, and flinched slightly when he touched her head. She looked at him, and sighed, looking down. "Well, it's hard not to smile like that when you don't really have anything to look forwards too." She said softly, taking in deep breaths. It was hard for her to even smile at all, and she was surprised she had. She hadn't made a friend in such a long time, probably that was why she made an effort to look happy, well, for a while anyway.

She looked at him, pressing a soft smile onto her lips. "I don't think you want to hurt others though." She said to him. "Or at the least, you don't seem like you do." She said softly. "It's hard to tell when you don't know a person to well." she said, playing with her hands awkwardly. She watched him lie down, his muscles contracting and extending. Humans with more muscle where, fascinating, but apparently women where not supposed to look like that. She looked at him, she smiled. "You don't have to offer me your bed, if you want me to go I can go." she said to him, dusting off her skirt. "I wouldn't want to burden you anyway."

Leon nodded a bit as he knew how Miyuki felt about nothing to look forwards too, he didn't really have anything either. "Look forwards to winning, if you die now... you lose," Leon said as he curled up a bit and looked over at her with somewhat tired green eyes. "I think... I want to hurt them, but... not as badly as I do... I just can't hold back... It's not as if I need to keep up with all the crap they keep throwing to me. Just because of my genes..." Leon said and then sighed a she looked over to see Miyuki's smile, returning it with one of his own as he would need a band aid for the bruise on his cheek, but he was too tired to think about that now.

His eyes darted up to her as she said she could go, and Leon blushed a bit. His hand very hesitantly reached over to her, scared to touch her... what if he hurt Miyuki? The shaking careful hand placed itself on top of Miyuki's hand, looking down on the floor as his bangs hid the embarrassment and the desperation in Leon's green eyes. "Stay," Leon said in a determined tone, before he laid down and once more the boy would go back to his wolf form, offering himself as a pillow and his wing as a blanket. He had never been this close to anyone... Maybe he wasn't as unwanted as he thought he was, but even if he was... Miyuki made him feel he wasn't.

Miyuki let out a little chuckle as he talked about winning or dying, though it was a very morbid thought. It was unusual for her to feel such a strong connection to anyone, though she really did like him. He was a good kid, a nice kid, and that is why she didn't want to stick around if he didn't want her. She let out a sigh as she prepared to leave, only to hear shuffling behind her.

She looked at him, and she saw his hand reaching up shakily to touch hers, a feeling which surprised her, and hurt a little bit since she had been stabbed with a pencil. She let out a soft sigh, and a smile, nodding. "I won't leave." She said to him, pulling her back down to the floor with his hand before he let go and turned into a wolf, opening the space up for her. She pursed her lips a bit before she crawled up to him, leaning onto his side softly, running her fingers though his fur. "Thank you." She mumbled to him, closing her eyes.

The white and golden feathery wing laid down protectively over Miyuki as she laid down, Leon's head move over to be closer to Miyuki's as his breath was trickling over her hand. He had missed this, just the feeling of someone being with him. Yes, the poor beast was doomed to be alone. One day surely Miyuki would leave him too, the fear of dying was too big, and he knew this too well. It wasn't as if they were together or anything either, they had met under the worse circumstances possible. He just wanted to feel wanted, just this one time. The 'thank you' came as a small surprise, as he chuckled a bit in his wolf form. 'Silly... I should be thanking you' Leon thought to himself, before his head decided it was time to wander off into the world of dreams, this time not being surrounded in endless darkness, but in dreams.

~The following morning~​

It didn't take too long for Leon to fall asleep and once he woke up he was still in his wolf form. The mere sight of the sleeping Miyuki was cute, but he knew it couldn't stay like that. He nuzzled up against her with his snout, giving her cheek some light snuggles along with him gently nudging into her shoulder with his tail. Did she not have school? Leon too needed to go to school today, otherwise the police would get suspicious, and he just needed to stay calm. Yes, if he stayed calm everything would be just fine.

Miyuki had slept well, since there was something underneath her as a source of heat. Her small fragile body would usually freeze to death underneath many many blankets, so having a bed of wolfs fur helped her sleep like a baby. Though soon enough, she could feel someone's wet snout pressing into her cheek, and something brushing her shoulder, trying to get her to wake up.

She let out a soft groan, rubbing her eyes as she gently opened them. She smiled as she saw Leon sitting in front of her, his head close to hers. She smiled and lifted a hand to his head, rubbing his ears. "Good morning." She said softly, letting herself stay like this for a bit before she gently tapped his wing, asking if he could let her out. She was surprisingly calm at this point, and it was a wonder that she was even ok with this, seeing as most of her classmates would have run in fear, shot him, or mauled him. But she didn't see anger and killing in his eyes, she saw a lost and lonely puppy.

Leon looked at Miyuki as the brown eyes were revealed to his amber ones, and nodded his head as a greeting back to her, since right now only growls would leave his mouth. The second she poked his wing the wing lifted itself up, and Leon returned to his normal human form, yawning a bit. "Good morning..." He greeted her properly as he had to remember to get himself some glasses today, since his old ones were scattered on the ground near where those jocks died, and today he had decided he wanted to follow Miyuki around. "Anything you need to do...?" Leon asked as he stood up and stretched his body, his ears and tail just poking out of his body, and he could not help himself, from letting out a second yawn to reveal a pair of fangs.

He was relaxing around Miyuki, so his wolf features would easier reveal themselves to her. It was easy to relax around Miyuki, Leon didn't feel... judged. "Anything you want to eat? I got meat..." Leon said as he was a carnivore, most of his diet did consist of meat. However he did know how to cook it, he may be half wolf, but his human stomach did not do well with raw meat. He was still a human, so he need to pass on the raw stuff, but cooking meat had become his forte!

Miyuki smiled at him as he slowly transformed back into a human, and she got up, dusting little wolf hairs off her uniform. She let out a yawn, stretching up her scrawny and pathetic little arms, and she let out a sigh, looking at him. "I don't have anything to do besides...." She said,, trailing of as she let out a sigh. "School." She said, in a very depressed tone.

She just knew she was going to get hurt again at school, it was inevitable. She looked down, until he mentioned food, and she smiled up at him. "Meat is fine, as long as it isn't raw." She said to him, smiling softly. "If you don't have anything, that's fine, I don't eat much anyway." She said to him, smiling.

Leon's tail was wagging from one side to the other happily in a really quick pace too, as he dove his head into the fridge to pick out two pieces of steaks and smiled happily, he even found some milk. "Um... I don't really have vegetables..." Leon admitted as he was really bad whenever it came to eating those, and soon he would have to move out of the apartment anyway. He hadn't been able to pay for the rent, so it would be harder to live there and the landlord had enough of him the last time he said the same. There was no way he was paying rent, he could barely buy himself some meat.

"School?" He asked as his tail stopped wagging a bit, but then continued as he began cooking the steaks in what seemed to be a light state of concentration. "I'll be going to school too then," Leon said determined as he didn't want to leave Miyuki's side, not now and not later. The smiles he had gotten from Miyuki was even real... they felt nice. Such a warm smile... his heart was already beating at the mere thought of such a warm smile that was directed towards him.

Miyuki watched him pull out two large steaks, and her stomach flipped. The sight of that much food, it almost made her want to vomit. She swallowed hard to contain it all inside her, but she could still taste it in her mouth. She pressed her hands to her stomach, smiling softly. "It's alright, I don't eat that much." She said to him, her arms closing tightly around her skinny stomach. She could still feel a little bump there, and she knew that it would be best if she just didn't take anything from him. She was already to bit, she was already not good enough.

She smiled at him, as he said he would go to school. "Well, I mean it is kind of illegal not to go to school." She said softly, chuckling. "I wish it wasn't though, then my life would be better." She said softly, brushing a lock of hair behind her ear as she stared at the ground, lost in thought. She was a nothing to anyone, they called her disgusting, they called her fat, so she just needed to be skinnier.

"Eating is important..." Leon sort of lectured her as he finished making their medium rare steaks and put them on two clean plates, that had to be about the only things clean in the entire apartment along side the glasses that right now held milk in them. He gave one steak and a glass of milk to Miyuki, before he began eating himself, though he did eat with a fork and knife, it did look a little bit clumsy. Usually he would have eaten in his wolf form, but he figured there were no reasons for him to keep changing in front of Miyuki. She probably found his wolf form to be scary anyway, it was a beast that had been covered in blood yesterday. His ears, tail and fangs were still out though as he kept wagging his tail from one side over to the other, happy to be spending time with Miyuki and his tail was giving it away.

"It's the opposite for me..." Leon said as he was barely allowed in school, and there were times where the teacher would hold one of the controls to be able to give him an electric shock to make sure he did not go full beast mode on the other students. There was nothing stopping him yesterday though, but the collar around his neck would give enough shocks to knock him out or paralyze him. It really all depended on who controlled the controller. Stupid collar, but it was required for him to not get shot the second anyone saw him, but he was pretty much being shot at anyway. "Hm... Maybe it will be better...?" Leon said with a smile as he was going to be going with Miyuki today, anyone messing with her today would be sorry.

Miyuki let out a sigh. "I know that eating is important." She said to him, as she stared at her plate. She sat down, and kept staring at it. She could smell all of the steak, and it almost sickened her, and she swallowed back her bile. It was almost taunting the way the steak just sat there in front of her. She could smell it, she could hear him chewing, and it haunted her. Eating the steak would satisfy her stomachs angry grumbles, but she couldn't risk it. She was already 'Fat', she didn't need to eat more. It would only cost her. She focused her eyes on his shaky awkward hands that where holding the fork and knife.

As he said it was the opposite, she let out a chuckle, pulling her hands close to her stomach. She could feel another growl along and she tightened her arms around her stomach, clamping down on her lips to avoid making any sort of noise. Once it passed, she smiled at him. "Well, probably not. It never changes." She said.

Leon noticed how Miyuki wasn't eating, and he had no plans on forcing her to do so either, as it seemed just looking at the steak pained her. "You don't want it...?" Leon asked as he had already finished his own and was happily licking around his lips, though he remembered to have some human manners, and walked over to grab some tissues and used them instead. God, this was going to be strange. It wasn't as if he didn't have human manners, he just... forgot sometimes. Most of the time humans would view him as a beast anyway, so he saw nothing wrong, with being one whenever he was alone. The human form as the that got beat up the most, but if he was a wolf then people barely approached him. He really liked that.

"Hey! You won't know before you try! I still need to repay you for yesterday. You helped me, so I want to help you," Leon said with a gleeful smile and placed the dishes in the sink, almost throwing the plates in the sink. "You ready to go Miyuki?" He asked as his tail was wagging once more. It wasn't the thought of going to school that excited him, it was the thought that the two of them would be spending more time together. "U- Um..." Leon said a bit embarrassed. "If you don't want me to come... I- I won't come..." Leon said as he realized he never asked if it was okay for Miyuki if he hung around her. He just clung to her, like some sort of abandoned puppy.

Miyuki smiled at him, shaking her head softly. "It's not that I am a picky eater...." She said softly to him, getting up out of her chair as he took her plate. "I am just... not hungry." She said softly, holding her stomach. She smiled at him, as she watched him look around at his dusty apartment. It was kind of disturbing how empty this place was, and it made her sad. She didn't want to let him live here, but she doubted they had room at her house.

As he told her he had to repay her, she blushed softly and blinked at him, letting out a "Eh?" As she stared at him. "Repay me? You don't have to repay me for anything, what I did was out of courage, some dumb courage that is." She said to him, looking at him. But his face nearly made her melt. He was so excited, and so happy, she stared at him for a while, her cheeks pink before she caved, letting out a sigh. "Alright, you can come along with me." She said to him.

Leon's tail was wagging furiously as he was allowed to come with Miyuki to school and he nodded happily, as he took her plate and since she wasn't hungry, Leon decided to chow down her steak too. He didn't use any sort of utensils, he literally gnawed on the cooked piece of meat as if it was some sort of dead prey, and smiled happily once he finished rather quickly. "Let's at the very least grab you a smoothie?" Leon asked as he needed to take a few seconds to calm himself down and the few seconds he got would make his ears and tail disappear, but the fangs were still visible at the corner of his mouth.

It didn't seem to bother Leon, as he walked over to Miyuki and smiled as he needed to bend down a little bit to meet her eyes. "Ready to go?" He asked as he noticed her her cheeks were red. Instinctively he placed his forehead against hers, closing his eyes as his breath was tickling her face. "You're red... fever...?" He asked as she did seem a little bit warm, but not fever warm. It might just be the fact she had used real fear and a wing as a heat source for the entire night to keep her warm. That was probably very effective.

Miyuki smiled at him, looking at his tail, ears, and fangs. She thought they where kind of cute. She smiled softly, her cheeks a little pink. Even though he looked adorable, when he gobbled down the steak, it just confirmed her suspicion. Even though he was adorable, he was also vicious animal. She looked at him and nodded. 'I guess a smoothie would be ok." She said softly, waiting for him.

But as he bent down, she puffed out her cheeks. Sure, she was short, but not that short. Though he noticed her cheeks and pressed his forehead to hers and she blushed darkly, stuttering. "N-n-no, no fever, not sick." She said, pulling back. "I am fine." She said softly, looking at him as she tried to recover her breath in time.

(Sorry, doing HW)

Leon looked at Miyuki as she seemed to be fumbling on her words, and then pulled away to let her get some more fresh air than his own. "Hm..."He said, but then decided to let it go. There were no reasons for him to keep questioning Miyuki further, and if she said she was feeling fine, then it was probably just some sort of weird human feature that Leon did not hold himself. He knew a few of his normal human habits had been removed due to his genes that were flowing through him, but it was still something. "Well, then... let us get to school!" Leon said a little bit excited. It wasn't the school he was excited for, it was just stalling. He was stalling to keep Miyuki by his side just a little bit longer, it didn't hurt, just a little bit longer and he would let her go.

He opened the door and let Miyuki step out before himself as he walked beside her, but a few steps behind, to allow her to lead him the way to the school. It wasn't strange for him to go to school, but he was rarely ever there anymore. He kept most to himself, he liked being a lone wolf. Pun not intended. "I can pay for your smoothie," Leon said as he began sniffing the air to see if there was a convenience store anywhere close.

Status
Not open for further replies.